PDA

View Full Version : Hey there "Gay-ly-luh"...and other songs/bands you wish never existed.

ZagmenO
09-07-2007, 07:48 PM
This is a thread where you can just go to complain about any song/band that you think is just annoying and/or God-awful. Creed, U2, Coldplay, White Stripes, Evanessence, any of those. Feel free to tear them to shreds in this very thread. (That rhymed, sorta.)

Well, the song that I hate the most is called Hey there Duh-ly-luh, I think. I hear it multiple times and it's sickening. You see, there is a rock station I listen to and they play it a lot!!! That song is not rock. I switch to the one other rock station that I like. (There are only 2 in my area.) If it has a commercial, fine. I'd rather hear those than that shitty song. I forget who does that one but I wish it would just fade into obscurity.

So, which band or song do you hate? Complain about them all you like.

All About Eve
09-07-2007, 08:08 PM
Plain White T's does it, I believe. And I totally agree. Worst majorly popular song since "Lips of an Angel".

Llamas
09-07-2007, 08:52 PM
I like the song, but the singer has a HORRIBLE voice... which makes it much less desirable to listen to. But since I never listen to the radio, I've only heard it like twice. :)

I can't think of any new songs that annoy me cause like I said, I never put on the radio. But I hate it when I hear that Gwen Stefani song or any newish Avril song in a store.

Rag Doll
09-07-2007, 09:01 PM
i actually quite like *hey there delilah*.

the song that annoys me the most is *umbrella* by rhianna.

Little_Miss_1565
09-07-2007, 09:11 PM
ELLA ELLA ELLA EH EH EH UNDER MY UM-BA-RELLA ELLA ELLA EH EH EH EH EH EH

I like that song because Rhianna is hot.

Rag Doll
09-07-2007, 09:12 PM
i didnt mind it until someone decided to play z100 at work for 8 hours and i heard it around 20 times...

coke_a_holic
09-07-2007, 09:13 PM
i didnt mind it until someone decided to play z100 at work for 8 hours and i heard it around 20 times...

wgohsouighs WE HAVE Z104 AND THEY DO THE SAME AND IGHDIUHIFEINUFGNE.

NO.

ohhhhh, what you doo to meeeee.
sdfoghouisdfgsdfpfohjbse

Little_Miss_1565
09-07-2007, 09:16 PM
Haha. Whenever I get lunch at this place near work, they're always playing z100.

I HOPE U NO I HOPE U NO THAT THIS IS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU

Rag Doll
09-07-2007, 09:17 PM
an i'm gunna miss you like a child misses a blaynke-etttt...

coke_a_holic
09-07-2007, 09:19 PM
My brother and I laughed about that line so many times.

The reason we laughed about it so much is because we heard the song about 4 times in the span of an hour.

I'm going to cry.

Llamas
09-07-2007, 11:07 PM
I sorta like that song, but oh man the lyrics are soooo god awful. That line makes me smile/cringe.

Moose
09-08-2007, 02:30 AM
three days grace.

the most unoriginal, cliche', horrible, predictable band out to day that gets consistant airplay...they are awful....worse than limp bizkit and creed.

jacknife737
09-08-2007, 11:37 AM
the most unoriginal, cliche', horrible, predictable band out to day that gets consistant airplay...they are awful....worse than limp bizkit and creed.

I think the correct answer is Nickelback.

P.S. Three Days Grace are pretty bad though

BREAK
09-08-2007, 01:59 PM
Still can't decide whether I love or hate that "Too Little Too Late" song by Jojo.

Oh, who am I kidding, I love it.

Moose
09-09-2007, 03:35 AM
Three Days Grace vs. Nickelback...its gunna be a close one...here is a very small sample of three days grace...you can do your own research, but i warn you...side effects include and arent limited to the things that happened to that guy in the super size me film:

"i/hate/ev/ery/thing/a/bout/you/why/do i/love/you?!?!?" ...yes, he says it just like that...along with all there other gems such as...

"I could be mean/I could be angry/You know I could be just like you"

or...

"By the time you come home
Iím already stoned
You turn off the TV
And you scream at me
I can hardly wait
Till you get off my case

No matter how hard I try
Youíre never satisfied
This is not a home
I think Iím better off alone"

or...

"Pain, without love
Pain, I can't get enough
Pain, I like it rough
'Cause I'd rather feel pain than nothing at all"

or...

"This world will never be
What I expected
And if I don't belong
Who would have guessed it
I will not leave alone
Everything that I own
To make you feel like it's not too late
It's never too late...

Even if I say
It'll be alright
Still I hear you say
You want to end your life
Now and again we try
To just stay alive
Maybe we'll turn it all around
'Cause it's not too late
It's never too late"

or...

"I can't escape this hell
So many times i've tried
But i'm still caged inside
Somebody get me through this nightmare
I can't control myself

So what if you can see the darkest side of me?
No one will ever change this animal I have become
Help me believe it's not the real me
Somebody help me tame this animal
(This animal, this animal)"

now these are very small samples...if you want to discover just how bad they are...once again, i warn you, but if you really want to passionately hate something, i suggest you look towards three days grace...for they are very easy to hate...then again...there's always nickelback.

Kasavin
09-09-2007, 06:00 AM
Soulja Boy - Soulja Boy (Crank That)

Easily one of the most annoying, worst songs I have every heard in my entire life. Nothing even comes close.

All About Eve
09-09-2007, 06:38 AM
Still can't decide whether I love or hate that "Too Little Too Late" song by Jojo.

Oh, who am I kidding, I love it.
I was about to say.

random_blankness
09-11-2007, 09:05 PM
2 words.the most evil words in the world.the name that strikes fear into the heart of satan himself:

avil lavigne

Yatesy
09-12-2007, 10:26 AM
The band I'm going to mention are just plain awful, I am of course talking about Enter Shikari. Now this band are pretty much like any emo/screamo/whatever you call it band, but they always have a rave track in the background. Now for some bizarre reason this is considered revolutionary by many people...WHY!? It's just painful to listen and it isn't the first time someone has mixed dance and rock. Oh here's a video (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=P4MiC67seUY) to back my point up.

Omni
09-28-2007, 01:30 AM
I actually like Nickelback. Too bad I can't remember whether they spell their name Nickleback or Nickelback. I've been hearing a song called "Alcohol and Ass" or something on the radio a lot lately, and it makes me want to murder kittens. And that new Kid Rock song "So Hot" would actually be pretty rocking if it weren't about sex, like every other song he's ever recorded in his life. This guys in his 30s and that's as deep as he goes.

ruroken
09-28-2007, 08:25 AM
Three Days Grace > Nickelback

"I must be running out of luck because you're just not drunk enough to fuck" ftw

coke_a_holic
09-28-2007, 02:14 PM
Soulja Boy - Soulja Boy (Crank That)

Easily one of the most annoying, worst songs I have every heard in my entire life. Nothing even comes close.

YOOOUUUUUUU, etc.

JohnnyNemesis
10-01-2007, 07:25 PM
2 words.the most evil words in the world.the name that strikes fear into the heart of satan himself:

avil lavigne

There's MUCH worse out there than Avril Lavigne.

I haven't listened to the radio in almost ten years, so I'm not always exposed to popular songs I don't want to be listening to. Most of the parties here don't play that stuff, and when they do, I'm mostly spared from the worst of it all.

So, it's funny, because I'm often stuck on songs that were big on the radio YEARS ago, but made me so upset that I'm still getting over it, like they brutally beat my parents to death in an alley or something like that.

So, to this day, I still want to kill myself, or for someone to brutally beat ME to death in an alley, if I hear "Stellar" by Incubus, "1985" by Bowling For Soup, or "Stacy's Mom" by Fountains of Wayne.

Jakebert
10-01-2007, 07:44 PM
So, to this day, I still want to kill myself, or for someone to brutally beat ME to death in an alley, if I hear "Stellar" by Incubus, "1985" by Bowling For Soup, or "Stacy's Mom" by Fountains of Wayne.

Agreed on all 3. Except "Hey Julie" by Fountains of Wayne ALMOST makes up for how bad "Stacy's Mom" is.

Rag Doll
10-01-2007, 09:15 PM
*Hey Julie* is probably my favorite Fountains of Wayne song.

and i just tried finding my picture of the sign for the actual store Fountains of Wayne that the band got their name from....and i cant find it. lames.

platinumpt
10-02-2007, 03:00 AM
I don't like the Beyoncé's songs I've heard. Hearing her duet with Shakira on the radio, "Beautiful Liar (?)", makes me want to puke.

Autonomist
10-02-2007, 04:31 AM
Grinspoon.

BREAK
10-02-2007, 09:16 AM
and i just tried finding my picture of the sign for the actual store Fountains of Wayne that the band got their name from....and i cant find it. lames.

I saw it first.

Jakebert
10-02-2007, 10:07 AM
*Hey Julie* is probably my favorite Fountains of Wayne song.

It reminds me of so many great, cheesy 60's pop songs for some reason.

"Hey Julie, look what they're doing to me.
Trying to work me up, trying to wear me down.
Julie I swear it's so hard to bear it,
But I'd never make it through without you around".

<3

KyleW
10-03-2007, 07:52 AM
The band I'm going to mention are just plain awful, I am of course talking about Enter Shikari. Now this band are pretty much like any emo/screamo/whatever you call it band, but they always have a rave track in the background. Now for some bizarre reason this is considered revolutionary by many people...WHY!? It's just painful to listen and it isn't the first time someone has mixed dance and rock. Oh here's a video (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=P4MiC67seUY) to back my point up.

Sorry I have to disagree, to be honest I dont like there music all that much but they plyed at Barrow and are coming back here in february so thats why I like 'em :D

I gotta say that I completely despise Kid Rock. Aaargh... just the way he looks and acts and his music, it's all so... fake!

Sham
10-03-2007, 04:05 PM
Britney Spears - Gimme More

I'll admit that the verse is pretty catchy, but pretty much the whole song is very plain and...weird. I would have expected a lot more, the song just annoys the fuck out of me.

Harnum
10-03-2007, 04:25 PM
This is a thread where you can just go to complain about any song/band that you think is just annoying and/or God-awful. Creed, U2, Coldplay, White Stripes, Evanessence, any of those. Feel free to tear them to shreds in this very thread. (That rhymed, sorta.)

Why did you mention The White Stripes? I like them =[ lawl.

Worst majorly popular song since "Lips of an Angel".

Lips of an Angel was waaaayy too overplayed.. The fact that someone else hates it makes me happy. Although I'm sure we aren't the only two.

coke_a_holic
10-03-2007, 05:10 PM
Britney Spears - Gimme More

I'll admit that the verse is pretty catchy, but pretty much the whole song is very plain and...weird. I would have expected a lot more, the song just annoys the fuck out of me.

lol. We have an entire thread devoted to her new songs.... Fucking amazing shit.

It's Britney, bitch.

All About Eve
10-03-2007, 05:13 PM
Just thought I'd drop in and say I've been obsessing over how catchy "Hey Julie" is for a while now and that it's nice to see some people in my cult as well. We should hang out sometime.