PDA

View Full Version : General Music Discussion.

Jakebert
09-08-2007, 05:05 PM
I'm sure everyone has those little things they want to post but don't deserve it's own thread. That's why I made this.

Anyone else here a fan of bands involved with the Elephant 6 Collective? If so, favorite bands?

Endymion
09-08-2007, 05:26 PM
for the most part no, but i do like bablicon and icy demons.

coke_a_holic
09-08-2007, 05:31 PM
I like Neutral Milk Hotel's In The Aeroplane Over The Sea, and what little Of Montreal I've heard has been great.

Otherwise, I'm not really hip enough to know the other bands.

nieh
09-08-2007, 05:57 PM
In An Aeroplane over the Sea really rubbed me the wrong way when I heard it and made me avoid the Elephant 6 collective as a whole for a long time seeing as how that album is supposedly not just the best from Elephant 6, but the best indie rock album ever. I heard some Of Montreal tracks not long ago though and actually really liked them.

I just recently got Subtle's second album and the more I listen to it the more I fall in love. Are there any other bands in the Anticon hip-hop collective worth checking out? I'm already going to see if I can get cLOUDDEAD or 13 & God (members of Subtle with the full line-up of the Notwist). Someone also told me I should check out some Project Blowed stuff as they were supposedly a big influence over Anticon as a whole. Any recommendations?

Endymion
09-08-2007, 06:38 PM
icy demons has the drummer from man man. it's kinda like man man, but lounge. or something.

nieh
09-08-2007, 06:45 PM
They also have someone from Need New Body, don't they?

Endymion
09-08-2007, 06:47 PM
at one point, yeah. i don't know if they still do though. i've only heard the album 'tears of a clone' (and even then, i only got it because that's the subtitle of a clone high episode), but it's good.

Jakebert
09-09-2007, 12:18 AM
The Olivia Tremor Control is probably my favorite non-NMH Elephant 6 band.

Nieh, may I ask why you disliked "Aeroplane"? Because I'm one of those people who fell in love with it from the first second they heard it, so I'm curious to know why you didn't like it.

XYlophonetreeZ
09-09-2007, 12:32 AM
They also have someone from Need New Body, don't they?
Wait wait, I thought Need New Body had the drummer from Man Man?

the_GoDdEsS
09-10-2007, 03:44 AM
Maybe a little bit out of place but: Pavarotti died. :(

Also, I can't get over the fact that I missed coneman's Irish music thread a long time ago.