PDA

View Full Version : The Stranglers

KyleW
09-09-2007, 07:04 AM
I thought that these guys deserved a thread so here it is.

My fave song is hanging around and im currently about to start learning the keyboard for it so my band can do a cover of it but i cnt find the sheet music anywhere! if anyone knows where i can get hold of it (preferably for free :D) I would be very appriciative.

So please, discuss the stranglers...

mrconeman
09-09-2007, 07:38 AM
I don't know about you but I always expected Golden Brown was about toast.
There's never a frown with toast.

KyleW
09-09-2007, 07:55 AM
I don't know about you but I always expected Golden Brown was about toast.
There's never a frown with toast.

To be honest i only really made this thread in hope that someone would have the sheet music for hanging around so I havent actually heard any other songs buy them :o i do like what i have heard though, which ones would you recommend?

mrconeman
09-09-2007, 08:01 AM
Golden Brown is a compulsory song for anyones life to be a complete and/or meaningful endevour, seriously, anyone who hasn't heard Golden Brown is denying themselves the right to be classed as a real person with real feelings or opinions. And as a keyboard player I think you would particularly love it, there's some serious harpsichord.

No More Heroes is also a pretty great song.

KyleW
09-09-2007, 08:30 AM
Sounds good, I shall definately check them out, when i listen to meaningful songs they really connect with me, it gets me thinking, and i like that. so if it as you have described it then yeah, I'll probably love it :D

GBH2
09-09-2007, 08:36 AM
the stranglers are awesome. rattus norvegicus (spelled wrong?) kicks ass. they have a lot of goofy-ass shit on their middle and later albums, but songs like sometimes, hanging around, grip, london lady, and no heroes are just amazing.

Bazza
09-09-2007, 01:51 PM
No More Heroes is also a pretty great song.
<3 <3 [Although I'd say a bit more than a pretty good song!!]

The Stranglers are amazing. As with most of the older music that I listen to The Stranglers were introduced to me by my dad, yet it's taken a few years for me to become old enough to appreciate them. They have such diversity that makes them far more interesting than most bands around today.

GBH2
09-09-2007, 03:00 PM
i've just downloaded she's slipping away and spectre of love from suite XVI, and they are amazing as well. i highly recommend that everyone gives them a listen

i_am_the_bishop
09-11-2007, 04:22 AM
my favourite stranglers song is "hey (rise of the robots)" because it's more energetic. i think the other best ones are "hanging around", "no more heros", "golden brown", "london lady" and "waltzin' black" although that one's a bit wierd.