PDA

View Full Version : Ebay

F@ BANKZ
09-09-2007, 08:44 AM
I need help.

Anybody buy/sell on Ebay? I'm trying to get into it now but naturally I'm just loseing so much money i'll be selling myself on it by the end of the month just to recouperate. What stuff would you recommend me merchanting to start off with?

Blackball_
09-09-2007, 09:44 AM
what are you selling just now? you can probably make a bit more than you are just by altering your descriptions, pictures, titles, etc.

F@ BANKZ
09-09-2007, 11:47 AM
Shoes, Converse in particular, I decided just to merch what I know about. I've stopped selling for the moment as my auctions havn't produced any profit, I'm also getting some new stock in.

KyleW
09-09-2007, 01:08 PM
I just bought a pair of converse shoes off ebay, a plain black pair, what kinds have you been selling?

Jakebert
09-09-2007, 01:10 PM
This thread is sooo 2000.

Guys, you hear of this new band called Linkin Park? I think they're gonna be real big some day.

KyleW
09-09-2007, 01:19 PM
This thread is sooo 2000.

Guys, you hear of this new band called Linkin Park? I think they're gonna be real big some day.

Woah really, cool ill check them out! But i fail to see what that has to do with e-bay

F@ BANKZ
09-09-2007, 02:43 PM
He was doing a sort of take-back to 2000 and, if my calculations are correct, pwned you.

Anyhow, I know this thread is lame but I'm only young and I want to get some sort of income that doesn't involve slaveing away at near-pointless jobs for pay below the 16 minimum wage. And right now i'm trying to purchase a wide variaty collection of chucks and sell them indervidually.

darea
09-10-2007, 12:21 AM
You could sell dvds and video games, that's what I've been selling. Like when you buy videos games (game boy advance and pc games for example) and that you don' t like them that much. well you can sell them again for the same price or even more. Those won't bring you much income, it's just a way of selling things for the same price you bought them.

You could always do like the others and sell shoes and stuff, just try things out, but it's a good way of earning a bit of money, you won't get loads, but a bit is better than nothing!!

you could also try selling cds...;

batfish
09-10-2007, 07:47 AM
I've wondered about trawling the independent record shops / markets and finding rare CDs to sell. Not stuff that most people would find valuable, just stuff like promo CDs from bands that have a big following among younger teenagers who have the time and sometimes the money to spend collecting them. (eg. blink-182)
The shop is more likely to sell them for cheaper than the kids would buy them on ebay; I've seen CDs for a couple of pounds that some obsessive kids would buy for 15.
I just haven't got the time or patience to begin to exploit them.

Jakebert
09-10-2007, 10:57 AM
Just sell your underwear and say that it belonged to Dexter. Biggest Offspring Fan will snatch that right up.

The Talking Pie
09-13-2007, 02:26 PM
Shoes, Converse in particular, I decided just to merch what I know about. I've stopped selling for the moment as my auctions havn't produced any profit, I'm also getting some new stock in.

You're selling Converse shoes and aren't turning a profit? Who's your supplier (or are you just selling stuff you own)?

I ask because I work for the eBay sales department of a shoe store, and we rake it in selling shoes. If you're serious about shoes, though, go for Red or Dead court shoes or anything by Irregular Choice. That's one fucked up brand that people seem willing to pay through the nose for.