PDA

View Full Version : Across the Universe.

WebDudette
09-15-2007, 02:41 AM
Great movie, or greatest movie?

http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/acrosstheuniverse/clipspage/

(yes it hasn't come out yet and yes i am overly excited. I hope so bad that it won't suck.)

Endymion
09-15-2007, 03:16 AM
it looks ok, but not really that great. i probably won't see it.

Thomas
09-15-2007, 10:22 AM
I really really really REALLY want to see it. Looks incredible.

BREAK
09-15-2007, 02:44 PM
This movie makes baby Jesus cry.

Andy
09-15-2007, 06:08 PM
I can't be bothered to watch a clip. Someone summise it?

HeadAroundU
09-15-2007, 06:13 PM
...it looks just ok...nothing more...

TBD
09-15-2007, 06:33 PM
Going to see it tommorow. Only in 3 theatres in the LA area so it will be a bit of a drive though.

WebDudette
09-21-2007, 03:10 AM
Ok, so there was already a limited release last Friday. Apparently there is yet another limited release this Friday. What's that all about? Two limited releases? Do they plan on showing it worldwide at all? Anyone know anything about this?

Mota Boy
09-21-2007, 05:28 AM
Well, many indie movies are very slow to expand, first testing the demand in major markets before getting the financial backing to go national, if they do at all. I followed Brick's release dates online for over a month before it made it to my city, the week after I left. If it's opening that slowly, coupled with the uneven reviews, I'm guessing it won't make it in theaters overseas.

TBD
09-21-2007, 09:09 AM
It was in 23 theatres last week, and now 400 theatres this week. So it should be way more widely available to see this week.

XYlophonetreeZ
09-21-2007, 09:45 AM
Well, many indie movies are very slow to expand, first testing the demand in major markets before getting the financial backing to go national, if they do at all. I followed Brick's release dates online for over a month before it made it to my city, the week after I left. If it's opening that slowly, coupled with the uneven reviews, I'm guessing it won't make it in theaters overseas.
This will move faster than Brick. C'mon, it's a friggin' Beatles movie. Indie or not, you can bet the box office numbers will be quite high in the cities where it's out, which will accelerate its spread to other cities.

Mota Boy
09-21-2007, 09:55 AM
I was just using "Brick" as an example.

Endymion
09-21-2007, 02:26 PM
ps: brick is an awesome film, everyone should see it.

nieh
09-21-2007, 02:30 PM
I've been wanting to see Brick for a while. Even more so since Break told me one of the people from May worked on it and that there's even a reference to May in a Halloween party scene or something of the sort.

BREAK
09-21-2007, 10:30 PM
Plus one of the girls who gets killed in May has a major role in Brick. You forgot about that.

I love the Beatles and Evan Rachel Wood, but Across the Universe looks like total bullshit.

WebDudette
09-21-2007, 11:46 PM
It was set to open worldwide Today. I was looking everywhere no one is playing it.

Also, I would like to add that Brick is one of my favorite movies ever.

Offspringfan67
09-23-2007, 08:57 AM
ive heard about this a lot the film looks adorable

Betty
09-23-2007, 03:25 PM
Brick didn't really do it for me. Maybe I'd have to watch it again, and possibly with better sound (louder) and not on my laptop screen, but I don't really feel any desire to.

I saw Across the Universe last night actually. Umm... it was okay. It was pleasantly bizarre at some points. And some of the characters were fun and there were some entertaining/funny exhanges. But I found that some of the weird/musical parts kinda dragged on about 2/3 of the way through and left me somewhat bored.

ALSO, I'm also kinda bored of romance movies where a guy falls for a girl and absolutely can't live without her, and there's really not much to her besides that she's hot/cute and bubbly. Sure, I guess that might be the way romance works, but if there's really not much to her personality, and the movie doesn't show how the romance develops...then... I don't know... I just haven't been feeling the romance in the last few movies I've watched.

For example, I FINALLY watched Good Will Hunting somewhat recently and I actually really liked it for the most part, but I totally did not get that little romance either.

TBD
09-25-2007, 02:53 AM
I just saw this movie and loved it. Surreal, trippy, beautiful, and imaginative are just some of the words I can use to describe this film. While the film does have some drawbacks, such as lack of a deep story and its length, the film was everything I could expect in a Beatles song musical. Some of the scenes are just crazy, and would probably be best seen on acid, and really random and out of the blue, but in all it makes it a great experience. The Jude character is a really good singer too I think, I was really impressed with him. Evan Rachel Wood not so much singing wise, but she still did a solid job that doesn't detract from the movie. Some of the excess characters were unneccesary and kind of lame I thought (Sadie and Prudence), however this movie just can help reinforce ones love for the Beatles even deeper than it was when they came in.