PDA

View Full Version : The Offspring and AFI

AFireInside
01-03-2005, 11:56 AM
so does anyone here know the current sittuation between the offspring and afi??cause while they were on nitro records it was always"...and yeah wed like to thank the offspring,who are great guys...",afi singed back up's on ixnay and americana,offspring singed back ups on almost every afi album,dexter was "guesting" on the player position and clove smoke from afi and so on...but after thir leaveng nitro and going to dream works ive havent heard anything.what happend?is i t true that dexter litturaly threw them out of nitro records?

RonWelty
01-03-2005, 12:53 PM
so does anyone here know the current sittuation between the offspring and afi??cause while they were on nitro records it was always"...and yeah wed like to thank the offspring,who are great guys...",afi singed back up's on ixnay and americana,offspring singed back ups on almost every afi album,dexter was "guesting" on the player position and clove smoke from afi and so on...but after thir leaveng nitro and going to dream works ive havent heard anything.what happend?is i t true that dexter litturaly threw them out of nitro records?
your final sentnece just made me laugh 3o minutes ....are u dumb= or are u here to be stupid? do u think he would threw them out , knowing they were one of the most prospects bands ?

greencows12
01-03-2005, 01:16 PM
your avatar is gross.

nameless
01-03-2005, 03:59 PM
i heard it was dexter who felt they were outgrowing the facilities nitro had and for them to prgress they would need to sign to a major label (or more major than nitro) they released their greatest hits from nitro i believe so they must still be in contact!

bouncingcoles
01-03-2005, 04:24 PM
i heard it was dexter who felt they were outgrowing the facilities nitro had and for them to prgress they would need to sign to a major label (or more major than nitro) they released their greatest hits from nitro i believe so they must still be in contact!

true, but i heard that dexter and AFI got in some kind of fight, but thats just what i heard, its probobly not true. but Nitro records didnt actually tell AFI that they were going to make a greatest hits album of AFIs old material. and apparently AFI werent too happy about it. so im not sure if AFI and Dexter are cool or anything. But i know offspring and AFI used to be great friends, they probobly still are, i used to read AFIs journal from on tour with offspring and davey talked about how higgans and dexter and the gang went to an eminem concert together and hung out while on tour in 2001.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
01-03-2005, 09:11 PM
On AFI's website they had posted that Nitro released the retrospect cd without their consent. I don't know, from what I hear on the AFI board, I guess Jade thinks Dexter is a prick. Though, I can't validate that. I'd like to think they are still friends as they are my two favorite bands but I dunno. Nitro was in the STS thank-yous but surprisingly The Offspring weren't, and they usually are. So, I really don't know where The Offspring-AFI relationship is right now.

leo3375
01-03-2005, 10:00 PM
Okay, I did some fact-checking and here's what I found:

so does anyone here know the current sittuation between the offspring and afi??
Apparently there is no animosity between the two bands. Rumors of a feud have gone unconfirmed by media sources.

is i t true that dexter litturaly threw them out of nitro records?
Absolutely not. In 2001 AFI started to become hugely popular in the punk and goth circles. Dexter knows first-hand what it's like to be in a big band on a huge label so after the 2001 Warped Tour he told AFI that they were getting too large for Nitro to handle and they they should look into signing to a major label, which would have the budget they need to go to that next level.

As for the whole "Jade called Dexter a prick" thing: There is no confirmation of this. Although AFI were upset that Nitro released a retrospect CD without their consent, they're not threatening a lawsuit (Nitro does have the rights to those songs) and instead have made it clear that they want to focus on their future instead.

neocon58
01-04-2005, 12:53 AM
yeah, he basically 'recommended' a move not forced a move.

AFireInside
01-04-2005, 10:39 AM
your final sentnece just made me laugh 3o minutes ....are u dumb= or are u here to be stupid? do u think he would threw them out , knowing they were one of the most prospects bands ?

what is it with some people?do they live from eating shit all the fucking time?
listen RonWelty,if you did not understand me you could have reacted like the rest of the guys-normal,not as an asshole.now i read in an interview with jade and davey that after the art of drowing dexter started convicing them to leave nitro and go to a bigger label.afi were not intrested beacause they liked nitro,they were friends with all of the bands on the label,they were friends with the whole label bassicly.they simply had no intress in leaving nitro and going to a bigger label for nothing.it was fucking "home" for them and they didnt wanna move to another town.wow,now was that metaphoric or what,hehehe.and they did knew the "goodies" that would come with a bigger label and they still had the same opinion.but dexter kepy forcing them to leave and one day it resualted with a huge fight and afi left nitro.so you can say that dexter litturaly threw them out,beacause no mather how much money they were making for nitro he knew that he could get more money by "selling" them and even more money after by releasing cd's from the band with out their approuval(im talking about the sittuation awhile ago).so what i ment with my last sentanse was if afi and the offspring passed their argument and are cool with eachother onece again.but if i was missunderstud by almost everyone then it must be up to me.i apologise for expressing myself in the wrong way.

AFireInside
01-04-2005, 10:40 AM
your avatar is gross.

why, spank you.spank you very much

Obie2trice
01-04-2005, 10:45 AM
lol, your avater is funny man

Talman
01-04-2005, 10:46 AM
AFI have nothing to be upset about. They still owed Nitro another 2 albums but Dexter let them breach the contract to sign to a major.
________
MEDICAL MARIJUANA DOCTOR (http://mmjp.org)

RonWelty
01-04-2005, 10:46 AM
listen RonWelty,if you did not understand me you could have reacted like the rest of the guys-normal,not as an asshole.now i read in an interview with jade and davey that after the art of drowing dexter started convicing them to leave nitro and go to a bigger label.afi were not intrested beacause they liked nitro,they were friends with all of the bands on the label,they were friends with the whole label bassicly.they simply had no intress in leaving nitro and going to a bigger label for nothing.it was fucking "home" for them and they didnt wanna move to another town.wow,now was that metaphoric or what,hehehe.and they did knew the "goodies" that would come with a bigger label and they still had the same opinion.but dexter kepy forcing them to leave and one day it resualted with a huge fight and afi left nitro.so you can say that dexter litturaly threw them out,beacause no mather how much money they were making for nitro he knew that he could get more money by "selling" them and even more money after by releasing cd's from the band with out their approuval(im talking about the sittuation awhile ago).so what i ment with my last sentanse was if afi and the offspring passed their argument and are cool with eachother onece again.but if i was missunderstud by almost everyone then it must be up to me.i apologise for expressing myself in the wrong way.

i can t get my head around you

AFireInside
01-04-2005, 11:06 AM
im just telling you what i read,ok?thats it.

RonWelty
01-04-2005, 02:39 PM
im just telling you what i read,ok?thats it.
then , that article is a piece of shit!

AFireInside
01-05-2005, 05:41 AM

you know what Ron?if anyone had told me that i would find a bigger asshole on this forum then DrunkenPunk800 i would eighter laugh my head at the guy,or just told him that i dont belive him with out the laughing part.but shitface,you have proven me wrong.congratts,your a bigger asshole even than DrunkenPunk800!!!

meaning_of_life
01-05-2005, 05:55 AM
yeh, your being an ass RonWelty. relax, peace, one love, etc etc.

RonWelty
01-05-2005, 06:10 AM
you know what Ron?if anyone had told me that i would find a bigger asshole on this forum then DrunkenPunk800 i would eighter laugh my head at the guy,or just told him that i dont belive him with out the laughing part.but shitface,you have proven me wrong.congratts,your a bigger asshole even than DrunkenPunk800!!!
i love you too!

Gabriel
01-05-2005, 07:57 AM
it's very good in my opinion.
by the way, it's stupid to have a nick like your's, every bastrd have nick like that, so please don't throught shit on others, your not so perfect to

RonWelty
01-05-2005, 08:07 AM
it's very good in my opinion.
by the way, it's stupid to have a nick like your's, every bastrd have nick like that, so please don't throught shit on others, your not so perfect to
your nick is awsome too ! i love it !

AFireInside
01-05-2005, 08:33 AM
RonWelty,man,you have issues...

RonWelty
01-05-2005, 10:00 AM
sorry dude if i am being not polite ...in a political answer : DUDE THAT ARTICLE THAT U SAW IS WRONG ...DEXTER NEVER WOULDn t LET GO JUST BY HIS .... "decision" ..a band like AFI , a good prospect ! ok ?

AFireInside
01-05-2005, 10:30 AM
no its not ok.i heard your opinion once and i did not agreed,if i hear it 100 more times ill still dissagree,so stop fucking posting and reminding me your a jackass al the fucking time!

RonWelty
01-05-2005, 11:09 AM
no its not ok.i heard your opinion once and i did not agreed,if i hear it 100 more times ill still dissagree,so stop fucking posting and reminding me your a jackass al the fucking time!
lololl so the "jackass " is me? "no more comments" i rest my case! i tried to be polite ...21 posts ...uh ..such a noob one ! do u like offspring at least?

AFireInside
01-05-2005, 12:13 PM
lololl so the "jackass " is me? "no more comments" i rest my case! i tried to be polite ...21 posts ...uh ..such a noob one ! do u like offspring at least?

listen you piece of shit.i simply dont like your fucking additude,is that so new for you?even if it is i dont realy give a shit.if you cant notice im trying to end our little "conversation" because ive opened this thread with hope to get some information,NOT to fucking argue with you,you idiot!so leave me the fuck alone.oh,and just beacause i have a small amount of posts here doesnt mean that i dont like the offspring.your brain works in such a primitive way,a way of a second grader.just so that you know,when i started listening to the offspring i bet that you were still writing letters to santa,asswipe.

RonWelty
01-05-2005, 12:24 PM
listen you piece of shit.i simply dont like your fucking additude,is that so new for you?even if it is i dont realy give a shit.if you cant notice im trying to end our little "conversation" because ive opened this thread with hope to get some information,NOT to fucking argue with you,you idiot!so leave me the fuck alone.oh,and just beacause i have a small amount of posts here doesnt mean that i dont like the offspring.your brain works in such a primitive way,a way of a second grader.just so that you know,when i started listening to the offspring i bet that you were still writing letters to santa,asswipe.
for the second time ... i rest my case

bouncingcoles
01-05-2005, 02:59 PM
personally i think AFI should have stayed on nitro. they used to be so much better. its fucking gay they joined dreamworks because no all these "good charlotte pop punk crap girls" like AFI and its depressing. i dont even like AFI that much anymore ever since they left nitro, i cant help it. there new album is so bad in my opinion. its waaaaaaay too over produced and polished and radio friendly. all the "true" hardcore fans of AFI dont like them anymore anyway ether.

leo3375
01-05-2005, 03:06 PM
personally i think AFI should have stayed on nitro. they used to be so much better. its fucking gay they joined dreamworks because no all these "good charlotte pop punk crap girls" like AFI and its depressing. i dont even like AFI that much anymore ever since they left nitro, i cant help it. there new album is so bad in my opinion. its waaaaaaay too over produced and polished and radio friendly. all the "true" hardcore fans of AFI dont like them anymore anyway ether.

Nitro was too confining for AFI. They needed room to grow, something Nitro couldn't provide them with any longer. As I've stated earlier, Dexter knows what it's like being a huge band on a tiny label, and he didn't want AFI to end up in a similar situation.

RonWelty
01-05-2005, 03:13 PM
Nitro was too confining for AFI. They needed room to grow, something Nitro couldn't provide them with any longer. As I've stated earlier, Dexter knows what it's like being a huge band on a tiny label, and he didn't want AFI to end up in a similar situation.
come on ...everybody knows that he was fucked up with that ..of course he did not liked to Cut their future ..but he do not let them off because he wanted . just like this fag say in the topic ..for god sake!

RonWelty
01-05-2005, 03:16 PM
i m with you!

RonWelty
01-05-2005, 03:22 PM
http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3127

"its cool to hate" !

4eh
01-05-2005, 03:27 PM
i think, that they're still on nitro

RonWelty
01-05-2005, 04:09 PM
i think, that they're still on nitro
no they are not!

AFireInside
01-05-2005, 05:13 PM
RonWelty,you shitface suck.if you want to piss off(post) people,please,do me a favour and do it on another thread.youre bullshit is just too much for anyone here to handle.and now,this is my opinion of you in just a matter of days:

Even though some things are better left unsaid
There's a few things I need to get off my chest
I need to vent - let me tell you why

I'm suicidal, maniacal, self-destructive
You leave me no hope, no life
Nothing worth living for
I've taken it, can't take it anymore
My worst nightmare
You make me want to slit my own fucking throat
Just so I'll be rid of you
Just to get rid of you

You self-righteous fuck
Give me a reason not to rip your fucking face off
Why don't you take a good look in these eyes
Cause I'm the one that's gonna tear your fucking heart
out
My hate is contagious; you've got no one to run to
EXILE

Just tell me fucking why everything becomes an issue
Your opinion is always senseless - fuck this
You make my fucking skin crawl
I've lived with it - can't stand anymore
My worst nightmare
I want to take a bullet in the fucking head
Every time I think of you, every time I think of you

You self-righteous fuck
out
My hate is contagious
Anyone else need to vent?
You've tried my tolerance; I just want you to die

There's nothing more for me to say
There's nothing more for you to say
There's nothing more for us to say
I fucking hate you anyway
EXILE

Can't count the ways that you light my fuckin fuse
I can't tolerate the sight of you, the thought of you or
anything about you
You know what I want to see?
How many ways can a loser fucking lose
I know you'll find a way
The humility awakening the idiot inside
You spineless fucking maggot - you're just wasting my
time
Get out of my face - Get out of my life

wow!congrats,you have to be a realy big asswipe to piss off somebody like this!

RonWelty
01-06-2005, 08:01 AM
RonWelty,you shitface suck.if you want to piss off(post) people,please,do me a favour and do it on another thread.youre bullshit is just too much for anyone here to handle.and now,this is my opinion of you in just a matter of days:

Nothing worth living for
My worst nightmare
Just to get rid of you

You self-righteous fuck
out
EXILE

My worst nightmare

You self-righteous fuck
out
My hate is contagious

EXILE

anything about you
I know you'll find a way
time

go away and search help of a medic ...u really need that

AFireInside
01-06-2005, 10:14 AM
go away and search help of a medic ...u really need that

fuck you,for the very last fucking time.

Lithuanian Offspring
01-06-2005, 01:07 PM
That theory is stupid. Sorry. Why would they make more money off of AFI if they made them leave Nitro? And bands are not sold like basketball players. In actuallity it was probably like AFI was a very obecse man living in a small box, the box being Nitro. They just couldn't produce enough albums to sell at the rate that AFI was selling. So Dexter had to ask them to leave at his own expense. So you could say Dexter helped them. Think about it, Nitro could not have possibly produced enough CDs.

Lithuanian Offspring
01-06-2005, 01:15 PM

Nothing worth living for
My worst nightmare
Just to get rid of you

You self-righteous fuck
out
EXILE

My worst nightmare

You self-righteous fuck
out
My hate is contagious

EXILE

anything about you
I know you'll find a way
time

Let me guess that was an AFI song? Dude please change your avatar. Maybe I can still retain some respect for Davey if I don't see him.
And I have just these words to leave you with:

Three in the morning and I gotta be someplace
I don't remember where
Friends try to make me stay or call me a cab home
I grab my keys and a beer

The cops they took my license away
But I got my car out of impound today
And Ive been drunk since last saturday
You'd better stay outta my way
I drink and drive
Feel so alive
I'll never take that dive
Feel so alive
I'm doin' ninety-five
I drink and drive
I feel so alive
I drink and drive

Early morning and the freeway's deserted
Like its all mine
I'm trying to set a new drunken speed record
But I can't drive a straight line
Flashing lights
Split the night
I'm tossing bottles as I swerve to the right
Now Ive slammed my face into the back of a big-rig
At least you'll never catch me you fucking pigs

Designate someone other than me
I'm so drunk I can hardly see
Another shot of jager and I turn the key
I got so many places to be

When Im on a binge, my friends all cringe
They won't drive at night
Cause down at the freeway it's such a fright
But I think I drive alright

Of course this has nothing to do with what we are talking about it is still a rad song.

RonWelty
01-06-2005, 01:31 PM
i love MORNING STAR !

HeadAroundU
01-06-2005, 06:32 PM
Dexter is on the latest AFI album!
In song called: This celluloid dream :D
I love this song!
So they were friends on Sing the sorrow.NOW...i don't know

leo3375
01-06-2005, 07:52 PM
Dexter is on the latest AFI album!
In song called: This celluloid dream :D
I love this song!
So they were friends on Sing the sorrow.NOW...i don't know

No, he's not. He did guest vocals on Black Sails In The Sunset only. Singing back-up on Sing The Sorrow (which contains "This Celluloid Dream") is Tiger Army frontman Nick 13.

bouncingcoles
01-06-2005, 07:56 PM
i m with you!

thanks man!!!

AFireInside
01-07-2005, 08:06 AM
Let me guess that was an AFI song? Dude please change your avatar. Maybe I can still retain some respect for Davey if I don't see him.

no dude it wast an AFI song.it was "Exile" from Slayer(from the "God Hates Us All" album).and wht the fuck does my avatar do to make you lose any respect thoards davey??after a stupid thing like this i think that everything you said bout the thread simply...drops!oh and let me tell you something-before sing the sorrow,that is with art of drowing,black sails,shut your mouth and ect. afi were not a "big hit" so you can not say that nitro could not produce enough cd's!?!thats just dumb man(no hard feelings".with the art of drowning(album before sts) they sold only 50000 copies.so your telling me that nitro is so "pathetic" that they couldt produce more than 50000 copies or did dexter travel through time and saw that afi with sint the sorrow wil be a "big hit" and for that he gave them the "friendly" -go to another label- advice.think about it....

p.s.whatever i type is backgrounded by something i've read from eighter afi or dexter.

AFireInside
01-07-2005, 08:39 AM
No, he's not. He did guest vocals on Black Sails In The Sunset only. Singing back-up on Sing The Sorrow (which contains "This Celluloid Dream") is Tiger Army frontman Nick 13.

yeah your right,dexter is not on sing the sorrow.and nick 13 from tiger army is,but not just nick 13,back ups are also butch vig(co-producer,garbage's drummer,and has worked with nirvana,smashing pumpkins),jerry finn(producer,worked with green day,rancid),geoff kresge(also from tiger army and an ex-afi member) and ect.but NOT dexter.but dexter does not appear only on black sails and art of drowing,he also appears on anser that and stay fashionable and i THINK on very proud of ya.

I don't know
01-07-2005, 10:19 AM
Hi, I'm new here. I found a kerrang's interview(08/17/2002) with the offspring and in this interview Dexter talks about AFI(why they left Nitro). Here are the links to the interview:
http://www.alinespring.hpg.ig.com.br/imagem/kerrang1408023.jpg
http://www.alinespring.hpg.ig.com.br/imagem/kerrang1408024.jpg