PDA

View Full Version : Super Smash Bros Brawl will be ONLINE!

Stranger With Candy
09-18-2007, 10:10 AM
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/wi-fi/wi-fi01.html

This is amazing news! Now i can beat you all in Super Smash Bros with Fox!

JohnnyNemesis
09-18-2007, 11:28 AM
The way Sakurai writes updates is so funny that I almost hope the game never comes out.

0r4ng3
09-18-2007, 11:30 AM
Perhaps there will still be updates after the game comes out?

Doubt it, but one can dream.

sKratch
09-18-2007, 06:08 PM
The way Sakurai writes updates is so funny that I almost hope the game never comes out.

It's really hard to capture--for me at least--what's so funny about it when you try to explain it to other people, but god damn it's hilarious. I love it.

JohnnyNemesis
09-18-2007, 06:16 PM
Exactly! I'm just glad you both know what I mean.

Attempt at an example:

It feels like, um...beauty and elegance...mixed with clumsiness.

It appears on a very important looking pedestal.

Homer
09-18-2007, 09:39 PM
I've been enjoying 32 player online with Warhawk, but meh, whatever.

Also, I'm more excited about the online for Mario Kart Wii.

Endymion
09-18-2007, 09:43 PM
Also, I'm more excited about the online for Mario Kart Wii.

mario kart ds has online play.

Homer
09-18-2007, 10:08 PM
I know, but I don't own a DS.

KyleW
09-19-2007, 10:58 AM
Now i can beat you all in Super Smash Bros with Fox!

With Fox?! He's was awesome in Lylat Wars but thats about it. Samus will cream all!

Endymion
09-19-2007, 12:47 PM
the best part about this is that every group of friends has one guy who thinks (s)he's the best in the world, and now (s)he'll get his/her ass handed back on a platter by some guy in bumfuck county.

KyleW
09-19-2007, 12:49 PM
I live in a shitty county :D Scumbria... I mean Cumbria.

All About Eve
09-19-2007, 03:18 PM
the best part about this is that every group of friends has one guy who thinks (s)he's the best in the world, and now (s)he'll get his/her ass handed back on a platter by some guy in bumfuck county.
What do you mean every group has one? Everyone in every group thinks that.

nieh
09-19-2007, 03:22 PM

I totally wish this was possible with the original Smash Bros. I'm that guy in my group of friends, and every time I've come across that guy from other groups so far I've beaten the hell out of them. I'm nowhere near as good at Melee, but that might be in part because I've hardly played it.

sKratch
09-19-2007, 03:42 PM
I know a kid who got legitimately amazing at melee. I used to be pretty damn good but I don't ever play any more.

JohnnyNemesis
09-19-2007, 03:44 PM
I thought I was amazing at Melee, but my 9 year old cousin destroys/embarrasses me.

I'm one of the better players in my usual group of friends, too. Maybe the best among us back when I was in my prime. But even then, my cousin Boobie completely emasculated me.

0r4ng3
09-19-2007, 03:55 PM
I'm actually the worst in my group. They're all insane.

Lodat225
09-19-2007, 04:28 PM

Same ...

Jakebert
09-19-2007, 04:38 PM

That's how I am when it comes to Halo.

It's funny watching those guys who are really good in their group and then get their asses handed to them. Because seeing someone's ego get hurt over a video game is amazing.

Kasavin
09-19-2007, 05:18 PM
It's great about the online play, but, like I expected, there are small but annoying restrictions, like in every Nintendo game that's online. The chat is extremely limited, and you can't really interact with people you don't know. Not bad, and it's cool if you don't have any friends over you can play someone online anytime you want. The game looks amazing, and it has awesome levels. Animal Crossing theme is wicked sick, and the Warioware theme is also incredible. I'm really excited for this game and it looks like Nintendo really put their best into it.

However, it annoys me that Wario has a farting move. Really immature and lame. Ah, well...

All About Eve
09-19-2007, 05:39 PM
That's how I am when it comes to Halo.
Yeah, but Super Smash is so much greater than Halo in the grand scheme of things.

*is bad at Halo also*

BREAK
09-19-2007, 07:39 PM
Yeah, but Super Smash is so much greater than Halo in the grand scheme of things.

Quoted4troof. The entire Smash franchise is pretty much the pinnacle of human achievement.

ruroken
09-25-2007, 01:28 PM
I'll rape you all with Dr. Mario (if he's back). If not... then here's for hoping they add Wolf-Link.

Stranger With Candy
09-25-2007, 03:22 PM
I just bought a Wii today so now im ready for a Offspring BBS Smash Bros tournament!

Yatesy
09-25-2007, 04:36 PM
I wasn't too good at on the Game Cube so here's to hoping I'll be better on it with the Wii version.

0r4ng3
09-25-2007, 04:38 PM
I'll rape you all with Dr. Mario (if he's back). If not... then here's for hoping they add Wolf-Link.
I doubt they'd bring back Dr. Mario (or any of the clones, for that matter), but I guess there's always hope. Or they might change up his moveset.

JohnnyNemesis
09-25-2007, 04:52 PM
The phrase "hardcore gamers" makes me want to kill everyone and everything in the universe.

0r4ng3
09-25-2007, 04:54 PM
Wow, that's some hardcore killing right there.

JohnnyNemesis
09-25-2007, 05:15 PM
Go back to GameFAQs.

BREAK
09-25-2007, 06:36 PM
lolz, they're finally making a video game for the hrdXor gamerz!!! Fuck all u casual ppl!

All About Eve
09-25-2007, 07:01 PM
The phrase "hardcore gamers" makes me want to kill everyone and everything in the universe.
Leave some for me. I punched a hole in my friend's face the last time I heard that.

GBH2
09-25-2007, 07:18 PM
WORST DECISION EVER:

i owned a gamecube and super smash brothers melee, and i sold them both.

ruroken
09-26-2007, 09:58 AM
I doubt they'd bring back Dr. Mario (or any of the clones, for that matter), but I guess there's always hope. Or they might change up his moveset.
Why? They always have clones (Luigi counts). Why would they make new ones? It'd be disappointing to get less playable characters, regardless of whether they're all different or not.

JohnnyNemesis
09-26-2007, 11:23 AM
Why? They always have clones (Luigi counts).

No he doesn't.

0r4ng3
09-26-2007, 11:26 AM
Yeah, that's like saying Mewtwo is a clone of Ness. The only clones I can recall are Dr. Mario, Pichu, Gannondorf, Falco, Young Link, and Roy.

It would be awesome if they all came back (except maybe Pichu and Young Link), but with drastically different movesets.

Fifty-Four Forty or Fight
09-26-2007, 01:07 PM
In my magazine it says that many characters will have different movesets than before. Also, I SERIOUSLY wish the game has Golden Sun characters. Did you guys know the composer for the Golden Sun games is composing for this game too? I love that, because the Golden Sun series has my favorite music in any game ever.

Unfortunetly, I don't think Golden Sun is popular enough. What a shame.

0r4ng3
09-26-2007, 01:11 PM
Unfortunetly, I don't think Golden Sun is popular enough. What a shame.
But neither were Fire Emblem or Earthbound. Now look.

All About Eve
09-26-2007, 02:11 PM
I also think it should have SNES FF characters (Sabin's Bumrush ftw) and definitely Bomberman.

nieh
09-26-2007, 02:30 PM
But neither were Fire Emblem or Earthbound. Now look.
Actually, Earthbound was really popular among RPG fans. I'm not sure how much that carried over to the general public though.

Bomberman
That would be neat, but I'm still surprised that they're bringing third party characters into the series at all. I know Solid Snake was confirmed and there's been rumors of Viewtiful Joe and a few others, but I'm not expecting many. Viewtiful Joe I think would actually fit really well, but Snake feels a little out of place.

Wikipedia says they changed Pikachu...I hope it wasn't too much because he's always been my character of choice in the series.

0r4ng3
09-26-2007, 02:39 PM
They changed Pikachu? Damn, and I just started getting good at using him, too.

Bomberman would be an awesome character (as I've been saying for about 8 years), but now I think he'd make a better assist trophy.

Homer
09-26-2007, 05:38 PM
Snake feels a little out of place.

Yeah, just imagining him pounding the fuck out of Princes Peach or Kirby then slitting their throat with his hunting knife just doesn't seem right... or it could be really awesome. But I'm putting my money on the former.

Fifty-Four Forty or Fight
09-26-2007, 06:25 PM
Duuuude! They should have that farmer from Harvest Moon! Yeah!

JohnnyNemesis
09-26-2007, 06:32 PM
It's gonna be extremely awesome.

ruroken
09-27-2007, 10:43 AM
No he doesn't.
He's Mario with 5 notable changes.

0r4ng3
09-27-2007, 10:52 AM
More than 5.

- Fireballs are green and travel at a straight line.
- Uppercut goes straight up, and has different damage properties.
- His tornado goes sideways, instead of hovering up.
- He has a headbutt instead of a cape.
- He has much less running traction than Mario
- His running attack is a flurry of punches instead of a sliding kick.
- Left/right smash attack is a chop instead of a fire palm.
- In his third combo attack, he hip thrusts instead of kicks.
- His forward air attack is a chop instead of a downward punch.

And those are off the top of my head*. Luigi's very different than Mario. At least enough to not be considered a clone.

*goddamn I play this game too much

BREAK
09-27-2007, 11:00 AM
My favorite difference is in the voices.

Mario getting knocked off the screen: "WAAAAAaaaaaa..."
Luigi getting knocked off: "HA-HA-HA-HA-ha-ha-ha..."

Does he have a higher jump than Mario too? That's like the biggest concession they've ever given him, it seems remiss not to let him have it.

ruroken
09-27-2007, 11:31 AM
- Fireballs are green and travel at a straight line.
- Uppercut goes straight up, and has different damage properties.
- He has a headbutt instead of a cape.
- His running attack is a flurry of punches instead of a sliding kick.
- His forward air attack is a chop instead of a downward punch.
+ taunt

You can make Mario's go sideways as well.

Like that really makes a difference.

- Left/right smash attack is a chop instead of a fire palm.
More of a stab than a chop. But same thing pretty much as an attack.

- In his third combo attack, he hip thrusts instead of kicks.
Still pretty much the same thing.

You're right though. He does have enough changes.

JohnnyNemesis
09-27-2007, 11:39 AM

Considering the fact that you have to knock your opponent off-screen or off-stage in order to defeat them, this makes all the difference in the world.

ruroken
09-27-2007, 11:46 AM
Never did for me since you can do a short-hop and air-dodge diagonally most effectively with Luigi (attack backwards whilst sliding)

JohnnyNemesis
09-27-2007, 11:47 AM
...which is something you wouldn't necessarily have to do with Mario, which is exactly my point.

ruroken
09-27-2007, 11:49 AM
Ease over being a show-off? Pffff~lame.

JohnnyNemesis
10-02-2007, 08:05 AM
While he is timid in nature, he fights splendidly. Is it possible he can surpass even Ness?!

...GOD I LOVE YOU, Sakurai!!!!!!!

0r4ng3
10-02-2007, 09:29 AM
I have a feeling that they're gonna change Ness up a bit, and Lucas is going to play kind of like Ness from the first two games. I haven't played Earthbound, but I heard that Ness doesn't even have most of his powers in the Super Smash Bros games.

Endymion
10-02-2007, 09:35 AM
I haven't played Earthbound

rectify this, immediately.

0r4ng3
10-02-2007, 09:35 AM
Believe me, it's one of my life goals.

sKratch
10-02-2007, 03:19 PM
You can make Mario's go sideways as well.

Let me tackle these in reverse order.
Are you retarded? Luigi's lack of traction makes him fairly unique from all the other characters in the game. He has by far the easiest and farthest wave dash (Samus is probably second) and you can just use his sliding to add a lot of dynamic to your fighting style.
This spills over into his tornado. You can move across a good portion of most levels with his tornado because he slides so far. You can't do that with Mario or Dr. Mario.
In general, Luigi plays WAY differently than Mario does. His up+B is not a recovery move 90% of the time; you have to do a series of side+B's to get back and then maybe up+B to grab the ledge if you're too low.

0r4ng3
10-10-2007, 10:06 AM
So, Sonic's officially in.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/index.html

There's probably a lot of anti-Sonic-in-Brawl people out there, but watch the video. His attacks and stuff are done pretty well.

ruroken
10-10-2007, 11:23 AM
Smash Bros. was originally meant to be all-Nintendo. Now they have bad voice acting... ='(

edit: of course they're done well. HAL doesn't fuck around with Smash Bros. like they do with every other game they've ever made. They make sure to make it as balanced as possible since the first one (which I don't think Kirby was any stronger than in Melee, but whatever). Lastly, if Sonic's jump does damage; wtf gay. If not; wtf. If he has his gay homing attack; wtf why?

nieh
10-10-2007, 11:35 AM
They make sure to make it as balanced as possible since the first one (which I don't think Kirby was any stronger than in Melee, but whatever).

I've read this a few times and still can't figure out quite where you were going with it.

ruroken
10-10-2007, 11:54 AM
There were a lot of complaints that Kirby was stronger/better than the other seven character in the N64 Smash Bros. Supposedly this was rectified in Melee.

...but I don't see any difference between the two.

nieh
10-10-2007, 11:55 AM
I never saw any of the characters being inherently better than others. Just that I pwn everyone equally as Pikachu.

JohnnyNemesis
10-10-2007, 01:58 PM
So, Sonic's officially in.

I've been waiting years for this.

FUCKING YES.

T-6005
10-10-2007, 02:20 PM
I probably won't get to play this game much. But Sonic is pretty much the coolest video game character ever. Ever.

Jakebert
10-10-2007, 02:54 PM
I never saw any of the characters being inherently better than others. Just that I pwn everyone equally as Pikachu.

One of my proudest gaming moments was when I beat some of my friends with Jigglypuff.

nieh
10-10-2007, 03:00 PM
One of my friends is actually pretty good with Jigglypuff. Her down and B attack is fucking deadly if you get good with it.

Stranger With Candy
10-11-2007, 07:04 AM
Sonic!!! That is great.

sKratch
10-11-2007, 07:19 AM
Pikachu is pretty much broken in the first game. This was fixed pretty well in the second game. Also, Kirby got nerfed really hard in Melee, to the point where in my opinion he's a pretty worthless character. He was amazing in 64.

One of my friends is actually pretty good with Jigglypuff. Her down and B attack is fucking deadly if you get good with it.

If you're playing against more than one person, you're pretty fucked when you use that move ;o
Regardless, Jiggy's aerial control is what makes her a very interesting character. You can dodge a lot just using directional control and then counter with her attacks which are generally fairly strong.

0r4ng3
10-11-2007, 09:31 AM
I think Ness is the most depowered in Melee. He was pretty much a god in the original, and now he's just okay. Except when I use him. Then he's awesome.

Also, did anyone else see Sonic's attacks? I think it's pretty cool how the controls are similar to the original Sega Genesis games.

Jakebert
10-11-2007, 09:42 AM
Someone should link me to a N64 emulator and a ROM for Super Smash Bros.

ruroken
10-11-2007, 09:48 AM
That's how I beat Event 51 (that's the one with Giga Bowser, Mewtwo, and Ganondorf, right?)

nieh
10-11-2007, 09:58 AM
Pikachu is pretty much broken in the first game. This was fixed pretty well in the second game. Also, Kirby got nerfed really hard in Melee, to the point where in my opinion he's a pretty worthless character. He was amazing in 64.

Everyone complains about different characters being broken in the original. I'm able to pwn everyone with Pikachu, even other pikachus. I'm even able to pwn pikachus pretty consistently as my less good characters like Ness and Captain Falcon and Kirby.
I've actually somewhat recently gotten to the point on Melee where when I use Pikachu I'm about tied with the best person among my group of friends. I'm still not as good as I am at the original though.

GUSH7
10-11-2007, 02:01 PM
There is a time and effect difference in the original game for N64 and Melee. In the original, the characters move slower, attacks aren't as quick to act, and they do more power and damage. In Melee, the chacters are more agile; they move at a much quicker past, and their attacks aren't as brutal, they are kinda those quick hits. So that is the reason why Ness seems more powered down, as do all the characters in my opinion.

ruroken
10-11-2007, 03:08 PM
I remember there being lag in the N64 one. I kinda liked that. It made the fighting more cinematic as well as making it easier to follow the chaos.

Autonomist
10-11-2007, 03:30 PM
Someone should link me to a N64 emulator and a ROM for Super Smash Bros.

Seconded.

The definite highpoint of my life is when I went up against a mate of mine notorious for being unbeaten, and I conquered him with Yoshi's attack where he swallows you and you turn into an egg. I swallowed him in midair and he fell over the edge immobilised.

GBH2
10-11-2007, 03:55 PM
There is a time and effect difference in the original game for N64 and Melee. In the original, the characters move slower, attacks aren't as quick to act, and they do more power and damage. In Melee, the chacters are more agile; they move at a much quicker past, and their attacks aren't as brutal, they are kinda those quick hits. So that is the reason why Ness seems more powered down, as do all the characters in my opinion.

thats interesting to hear, because in melee, i always did "lightning melee"

0r4ng3
10-11-2007, 04:12 PM
Actually, there are specific examples of how Ness was depowered. His PK fire doesn't go as far, his PK thunder doesn't launch him as far, his air+down+A attack is much slower, and his yo-yo isn't nearly as powerful.

nieh
10-11-2007, 04:22 PM
Plus his regular B attack was changed from the PK fire to that piece of shit thing that I've never actually hit anybody with because it's so fucking slow (I know you can still do PK Fire with over and B). Those minor tweaks really messed me up with some characters. Even Pikachu with his new over + B thing. There were times in the original where I'd be flying through the air, holding diagnally down and to one side, and would push B and do the lightning bolt thing without having it strike myself. Now when I try doing that, it does the over and B thing which seriously screws up my plans.
*hates melee*
*not really*

0r4ng3
10-11-2007, 04:27 PM
PK Flash? It's devastating if you really know how to use it.

And I know what you mean with Pikachu. Many a time I've wanted to do a diagonal Quick Attack and I end up doing a Skull Bash.

nieh
10-11-2007, 04:36 PM
Yeah, that happens all the time to me too and it's quite frustrating. What's the PK Flash thing do exactly? I haven't played as Ness too many times on Melee.

I should also point out that I had no idea wave dashes even existed until sKratch mentioned them the other day.

0r4ng3
10-11-2007, 04:40 PM
Basically, you hold the B button, and after a while, you get a huge green explosion that'll instantly kill most of the time. You can even control its direction a little bit, which I didn't even know until about 2 months ago.

Also, I just read somewhere that Brawl was delayed until February 10.

nieh
10-11-2007, 04:44 PM
How big is the explosion? And is it something where you can charge it and stop and pick up where you left off like with Samus's gun or DK's punch?

0r4ng3
10-11-2007, 04:51 PM
It's roughly twice as big as Bowser. And no, you can't charge it up and stop.

Edit:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=x3tekmxVuhA

nieh
10-11-2007, 05:07 PM
That's not bad. I might start playing as him a bit more.

sKratch
10-11-2007, 05:35 PM
I think I'm gonna go practice melee like right now. Literally.

0r4ng3
10-22-2007, 01:48 PM
I never thought PictoChat would be a good idea for a stage, but I'm really looking forward to it now.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/stages/images/stage15/stage15_071022e-l.jpg

JohnnyNemesis
10-22-2007, 01:57 PM
Oh! Thatís just divine.

The flowers bloom. The peaches pour down. Yes. Itís so elegant.

Sakurainess.

ruroken
10-24-2007, 09:27 AM
I hope the Pictochat stage will connect to Wi-Fi and lets you fight in random conversations. That'd be sweet

0r4ng3
10-25-2007, 06:44 AM
Anyone remember King Dedede? Yeah, he's totally in.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/images/kingdedede/kingdedede_071025c-l.jpg

Stranger With Candy
10-25-2007, 08:19 AM
Yeah, i remember him. He is awesome.

0r4ng3
10-29-2007, 10:40 AM
So, who's ready to build a stage? I sure am.

Also, is can someone change the thread title to "Official Super Smash Bros Thread" or something?

JohnnyNemesis
10-29-2007, 10:42 AM
Unbelievably fucking awesome holy crap DROOOOL.

I had a dream that I owned this game the other night, but it was kind of a nightmare because I ended up dropping out of school for playing it too much.

0r4ng3
10-29-2007, 01:51 PM
But then you'd have more time to play. Surely it's not a nightmare.

This game is looking better every fucking day. Even on weekends when the site doesn't even update.

JohnnyNemesis
10-29-2007, 09:03 PM
I fucking need it now.

Stranger With Candy
10-30-2007, 01:08 AM
It is a long wait to febuary:(

Endymion
10-30-2007, 01:18 AM
i really wish they'd make one for the DS. that'd just be amazing.

Stranger With Candy
10-30-2007, 10:25 AM

I have been thinking about that alot too. Smash Bros would make a perfect portable game.

0r4ng3
10-30-2007, 10:44 AM
I can't believe I never thought of that before. It would be amazing.

ruroken
10-30-2007, 11:25 AM
what the fucking fuck? tell me, how in the HELL are you going to SMASH on the DS? Because, you know, that happens to be why they call it SMASH BROS. And no, the touch screen would be fucking awkward. The d-pad won't work either because there has to be varying speeds for moving easily accessed and double-tapping would be lame.

Also, there would only be around 10 characters to use. Smash Bros. wouldn't work on the DS.

Sham
10-30-2007, 01:03 PM

Not necessarily. Super Smash Bros. Brawl would obviously be better by incredulous miles, because of the higher technology of the Wii and overall control. Even if the one for DS wasn't bad, it would still pale in comparison and be made worse in our eyes. It would most likely cost around the same as Brawl, so I really don't see a Super Smash Bros. game for DS going anywhere.

I have always had handhelds, but at the same time I always thought they were pretty weak. Many games are remakes of older consle games, and there are also many shitty, throw-away games. The rest are just weird games that have absolutely no depth. The rare few that are awesome manage to exceed all my expectations and make it worthwhile. Golden Sun I and II, Fire Emblem, Phoenix Wright are all great handheld games. People say handhelds have advantages by being able to take them anywhere, but I find most handheld games to lost their spark pretty quickly in one sitting, I find it hard to play for long periods of time.

0r4ng3
10-30-2007, 01:15 PM
It doesn't have to be the EXACT same thing as the console version to work. I'm sure that Nintendo could figure something out. It's not that hard.

Sham
10-30-2007, 02:40 PM
I never said it had to be the same. No matter what they do, it would still pale in comparison. Remember Mario Party Advanced? No? Okay.

ruroken
10-30-2007, 02:45 PM
It doesn't have to be the EXACT same thing as the console version to work. I'm sure that Nintendo could figure something out. It's not that hard.
Um, riggghhht... then why don't you do it yourself? Seeing as I eliminated the two possible ways already. And it does have to be the same thing (pretty much). Nobody wants to play a Smash Bros. that doesn't feel like Smash Bros. Not only that, but the immense character selection of Melee and Brawl would make a DS version disappointing for people who's favorite character were missing. It'd be pretty much a port of the N64 Smash Bros. They would need a lot of time to fix that, and it would STILL feel like shit. Smash Bros. was made for the control stick. If they made one for the DS, then all newfags could use smashes. What would be worse is if they could charge it as well. Do you really, truly believe that a game for the DS with the name "Smash Bros." would be great regardless of awkward controls and the lack of Smash Bros. feel overall?
Not to mention how HAL has been doing everything they can to make it a single-player experience as well. There's no room on the DS for that shit. I mean, sure, it'd be cool to have a Smash Bros. on the DS if it worked, but it won't. Seriously. If its so easy, (mock-)design it yourself whilst keeping in mind the amount of data the DS can hold. Which is somewhere between late SNES and mid-N64. Not including Ocarina of Time.

JohnnyNemesis
10-30-2007, 02:47 PM
Lighten the fuck up.

ruroken
10-30-2007, 02:49 PM
No way. It would suck. SUCK. SSSSSUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKKKKK

oh, and I'm really anal when it comes to Smash Bros. for some reason (as you can see)

0r4ng3
10-30-2007, 04:44 PM
I'm not saying that I could do it. I'm saying that the company that, y'know, MADE the game for the Gamecube could also make it for the DS. I'm no game programmer, but I can imagine that it's possible.

Endymion
10-30-2007, 04:47 PM
what the fucking fuck? tell me, how in the HELL are you going to SMASH on the DS? Because, you know, that happens to be why they call it SMASH BROS. And no, the touch screen would be fucking awkward. The d-pad won't work either because there has to be varying speeds for moving easily accessed and double-tapping would be lame.

Also, there would only be around 10 characters to use. Smash Bros. wouldn't work on the DS.

um, maybe they just wouldn't have varying speeds? it's not a required trait. they could definitely have more than ten characters as well, that doesn't take up much memory and those ds cards can hold two gigs. they could basically use the graphics like from the new super mario bros.

nieh
10-30-2007, 05:01 PM
Wait, what's wrong with double-tapping? It would take a little getting used to but it would be fine.

ruroken
10-31-2007, 10:21 AM
I'm not saying that I could do it. I'm saying that the company that, y'know, MADE the game for the Gamecube could also make it for the DS. I'm no game programmer, but I can imagine that it's possible.
Not what I meant. I meant that if it isn't so hard, then you could at least think of a way for the controls to work. I'm saying you could program it.

um, maybe they just wouldn't have varying speeds? it's not a required trait. they could definitely have more than ten characters as well, that doesn't take up much memory and those ds cards can hold two gigs. they could basically use the graphics like from the new super mario bros.
Then it'd just be a 2D blantant rip-off of Ultimate Stars... that I would approve of. Well, it'd be better because the stages would all be unique and the whole page bullshit would be gone. That would be sweet. But still, control-scheme really is the biggest issue...

Wait, what's wrong with double-tapping? It would take a little getting used to but it would be fine.
It's not that there's anything wrong with it. It's that it would be too easy and wouldn't really be "smashing"...

Lodat225
10-31-2007, 11:21 AM
What is "smashing"?

What is a "Smash Bros. feel"?

ruroken
11-01-2007, 11:15 AM
"smashing" is when you slam the control stick and press the A button, thus performing a smash move. This form of attacking is the very reason they named it "Smash Bros."

how do you not know this? :confused:

Lodat225
11-01-2007, 03:18 PM
I never really got into Super Smash Bros.

ruroken
11-02-2007, 08:54 AM
Really? Then what do you like so much about Ultimate Stars? The anime characters? It is fucking sweeeet to be able to use Kenshin Himura.

unrelated:
What the fuck is up with Luffy's afro? Did Eiichiro Oda make that his "super saiyan" or something?

sKratch
01-15-2008, 09:07 AM
I'm sad to say we got owned:

"Due to delays in the completion of Super Smash Bros. Brawl, weíve had to change the release date of the game to Sunday, March 9th.

I deeply apologize to the people who have looked forward to playing the game for so long and ask that you hold on just a little longer. Thank you for your patience."

Stranger With Candy
01-15-2008, 02:39 PM
Ah, crap!

0r4ng3
01-29-2008, 03:55 PM
For those not in the know, the full roster (as well as several other details) have been revealed.

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/01/29/super-spoiler-bros-brawl-major-leaked-roster-update-videos-a/

I don't know about you, but I'm relieved that Ness is still in.

JohnnyNemesis
01-29-2008, 08:05 PM
JESUS FUCK HOLY CHRIST cra-odk fjivch FUCK

R.O.B.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stranger With Candy
01-29-2008, 11:46 PM
Haha R.O.B.! I wanna see his final smash!

nieh
01-30-2008, 05:18 AM
Holy shit, my brother used to have a R.O.B. That was awesome.