PDA

View Full Version : New Family Guy season starts 23/9-07!

Jojan
09-18-2007, 12:32 PM
Are you as excited as I am? They'll start with a 1 hour show! I'm really looking forward to it. And during this season they'll show their 100th episode!

Tijs
09-18-2007, 12:35 PM
I'm just happy at least one new show of a TV Show is starting again, I've been waiting to download some new stuff. I'm actually really looking forward to the new Scrubs and Lost seasons.

Amiralanal
09-18-2007, 01:16 PM
The seventh season of scrubs will be the last one i hear.

Jakebert
09-18-2007, 01:30 PM
Yes, this is the final season of Scrubs for sure.

Next week is also the beginning of new episodes of The Simpsons, House, and the Office. I'm curious to see how the new Simpsons turn out since they're focusing on only the show now, but I wouldn't say I'm excited.

I am very excited for the other two. What happens to Chase, Cameron, and Foreman? Have Jim and Pam fucked yet? I shall find out next week.

All About Eve
09-18-2007, 02:25 PM
I'm only excited about House and Scrubs, although I'm planning on watching the first season(s) of The Office soon, so that may come in soon.

coke_a_holic
09-18-2007, 02:28 PM
I watch The Office too sporadically, but the show isn't really all that linear, so it's alright.

Oh, and to be on topic: do you think that in this season of Family Guy, they'll highlight the same bad jokes over and over again? Will they continue to make obscure references to pop-culture at seemingly random? The backbone of the show is its triteness, so we can only hope that the writers haven't learned how to make an episode that is genuinely funny the whole way through.

Llamas
09-18-2007, 02:30 PM
I'm excited for Heroes to start, even though I'm not done watching season 1 (I have to hurry), and then I'm excited for February when Lost starts back up. I don't keep up with any other current shows.

Sunny
09-18-2007, 02:33 PM
sweet. i'm also excited for house and prison break!

and i wish the new 4400 season would start now NOW NOW. :|

killer_queen
09-18-2007, 02:39 PM
I kinda lost my interest for House. I will take a look at the new season but I don't think it will be better than the first & second season.

Boston Legal is also dead for me since I heard Mark Valley has left. So I'm just waiting for Lost.

SaiKYoU
09-18-2007, 02:53 PM
since there's no LOSt till february i'll focus in family guy and in "jericho returns" [when it's released]

XYlophonetreeZ
09-18-2007, 02:58 PM
Yes, this is the final season of Scrubs for sure.

Next week is also the beginning of new episodes of The Simpsons, House, and the Office. I'm curious to see how the new Simpsons turn out since they're focusing on only the show now, but I wouldn't say I'm excited.

I am very excited for the other two. What happens to Chase, Cameron, and Foreman? Have Jim and Pam fucked yet? I shall find out next week.
More importantly... will Dr. Nick stay dead???

T-6005
09-18-2007, 03:53 PM
I look forward to Boston Legal, although to be honest I'm prepared for some disappointment this season - the cast just appears too kooky to keep the balance between serious and joking.

I think I'll probably also end up watching some of Heroes, just because.

Jakebert
09-18-2007, 04:09 PM
More importantly... will Dr. Nick stay dead???

Haha. He technically didn't die, did he?

Anyway, I'm disappointed that Killer Queen doesn't watch House much anymore. I wanted someone on here to talk about it with, as I've really been getting into it again.

I'm kind of worried about this season though. What they're doing with his team leaving could be either brilliant or horrible, depending on the execution. House searching for a new team will be great, but I have no idea how they'll be able to tie Chase, Cameron, and Foreman into the plots if they all have seperate stories going on. I have a feeling the show will seem crammed.

Lizardus
09-18-2007, 04:17 PM
I'm excited for Heroes to start, .

I'm horny for Heroes to start!

jacknife737
09-18-2007, 04:26 PM
I'm excited for new seasons of the Office, South Park, Family Guy, Prison Break, King of the Hill, Reno 911, The Tudors, and Lost/24/Futurama whenever they resume.

Edit: forgot Battlestar Galactica

drex878
09-18-2007, 04:32 PM
I'm excited for South Park...but I seriously hate family guy. Hate me.

Endymion
09-18-2007, 04:38 PM
The Tudors

hey, we have one in common.

Little_Miss_1565
09-18-2007, 08:19 PM
Housey House House!

I'm having trouble remembering my other shows. :(

All About Eve
09-18-2007, 08:37 PM
I'm kind of worried about this season though. What they're doing with his team leaving could be either brilliant or horrible, depending on the execution. House searching for a new team will be great, but I have no idea how they'll be able to tie Chase, Cameron, and Foreman into the plots if they all have seperate stories going on. I have a feeling the show will seem crammed.
Will they BE in the plots regularly? I'm sure they'll be shown from time to time, but hopefully not so much that there's basically 4 different stories going on. I remember in season 1 or 2 when House was interviewing for someone to take Cameron's spot that it was one of the funniest scenes I'd seen.

Llamas
09-19-2007, 12:02 AM
Wow, some people here sure watch a lot of shows! I can barely keep up with two, haha.

WebDudette
09-19-2007, 12:11 AM
House is the only one I really look forward to. Other hour long shows just can't keep my attention like House can. Like Heroes for example is good but I get bored, where as I can watch like 10 episodes of House a day. I am also looking forward to watching Weeds even though the new season is already out I haven't seen much of it.

Is there actually a new season of King of the Hill? I thought they ended that already, I love King of the Hill when I actually watch it.

In closing, I love House (see my avatar).

Autonomist
09-19-2007, 12:19 AM
I'm excited that House is starting on October 3 over here, as opposed to sometime in the middle of February like it usually does. I'm also hoping the "seeing it at the same time as America does (almost)" trend will continue to catch on.

Jebus
09-19-2007, 12:37 AM
I'm mostly looking forward to the final season of Battlestar since it's the only show that really left me with me thinking "holy shit wtf? I must know what happens next." Hopefully it will have less political turmoil filler and more cylon ass kicking.

As for House, I'm glad those guys left and I hope they don't come back. I honestly felt they never added anything interesting to show other than what they did for the sake of having a plot. Srsly, they were all a bore. A new cast would be nice.

Other shows I'm eager to watch are Scrubs, Stargate Atlantis, Metalocalypse, IT Crow(started already actually), and Heroes.

Jakebert
09-19-2007, 05:31 AM
Will they BE in the plots regularly? I'm sure they'll be shown from time to time, but hopefully not so much that there's basically 4 different stories going on. I remember in season 1 or 2 when House was interviewing for someone to take Cameron's spot that it was one of the funniest scenes I'd seen.

Nope, according to some panel thing they did, they're each going to have a running story arc, and at least one eventually returns to the hospital.

Autonomist
09-19-2007, 05:38 AM
I'm in agreement that they need not come back. They're really not interesting enough characters that they can't be replaced, and they never really added much to the show anyway.

wheelchairman
09-19-2007, 05:55 AM
The only TV show I've watched these past few months has been STAR TREK THE NEXT GENERATION!

Sunny
09-19-2007, 08:02 AM
IT Crow(d)

god, i really really fucking hate that show.

nightvision
09-19-2007, 09:00 AM
Are you as excited as I am? They'll start with a 1 hour show! I'm really looking forward to it. And during this season they'll show their 100th episode!

Yay! Been looking forward to it since May!

Jakebert
09-19-2007, 10:40 AM
I'm in agreement that they need not come back. They're really not interesting enough characters that they can't be replaced, and they never really added much to the show anyway.

I disagree!

I think this past season, we've see the three evolve in a really interesting way that I'd like to see more of. Cameron/Chase relationship has been fun, Foreman realizing that he's basically House has been great, and I love the jokes involving Chase being an ass-kisser.

But, there is the upside to this that there will probably be more Wilson now.

killer_queen
09-19-2007, 04:16 PM
I agree with everyone who said that foreman, chase and cameron are boring. Cameron/Chase relationship was simply a funny attempt to add a little romance in the show which didn't work.

Wilson and Cuddy on the other hand are more interesting characters. I've always enjoyed the scenes with them. But if the show keeps on telling us the same story about House being a great doctor it will get more boring. We got it, he's smart, the best doctor ever. Don't they have anything else to tell about just one character?

mrconeman
09-19-2007, 04:21 PM
I'm waiting for all of the following to start up again.

Scrubs.
The Shield.
Supernatural.
Lost.
Heroes.
Battlestar Galactica.
How I Met Your Mother.
Not Family Guy.

I think me and my brother pretty much watch everything there is.

0r4ng3
09-19-2007, 04:38 PM
[ obligatory Futurama post here! ]

All About Eve
09-19-2007, 04:42 PM
I think this past season, we've see the three evolve in a really interesting way that I'd like to see more of. Cameron/Chase relationship has been fun, Foreman realizing that he's basically House has been great, and I love the jokes involving Chase being an ass-kisser.
I didn't like the Chase/Cameron relationship. Foreman realizing he's House was interesting at times, but too overplayed. Chase being an ass-kisser was fun, though.

But, there is the upside to this that there will probably be more Wilson now.
I see you're a Wilson fan as well? He's easily one of my favorite characters in anything ever.

Jakebert
09-19-2007, 05:45 PM
I didn't like the Chase/Cameron relationship. Foreman realizing he's House was interesting at times, but too overplayed. Chase being an ass-kisser was fun, though.

I see you're a Wilson fan as well? He's easily one of my favorite characters in anything ever.

I thought Cameron and Chase was fun, if only because the exact opposite of what I was expecting to happen happened. Foreman being house was interesting, if only because it subtly grew from episode to episode. It started out as a tiny little thing that you didn't connect to something that was staring him right in the face. It was fun development.

I like Wilson because I feel like he's supposed to represent the audience. He has those "wtf is wrong with House" moments, but ultimately stays by his side, much like the audience.

All About Eve
09-19-2007, 05:58 PM
I'm actually against House more often than most people I know. I just think Robert Sean Leonard is an excellent actor.

Jakebert
09-19-2007, 05:59 PM
I'm for House, but only because I love anti-heros.

BREAK
09-19-2007, 06:15 PM
Is it just me, or have Star Wars parodies been done to fucking death by this point? Somebody put that one to bed and let's all move on.

XYlophonetreeZ
09-19-2007, 07:17 PM
While we're on the subject of TV shows with new seasons, I'll mention Beauty and the Geek. It's not something I'd normally consider watching, but I freaking went to high school with one of the hot chixx on the show. So I'm gonna watch it.

All About Eve
10-02-2007, 07:05 PM
Holy shit blonde does not work on Cameron.

WebDudette
10-02-2007, 07:15 PM
Fr srs .

One to the right
10-02-2007, 07:35 PM
Im still getting over Arrested Development being canceled but in the mean time I am an avid follower of The Office and Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

mrconeman
10-03-2007, 04:56 AM
Is it just me, or have Star Wars parodies been done to fucking death by this point? Somebody put that one to bed and let's all move on.

So I watched this episode because my brother is a fag, and likes Family Guy. It was ...really, really fucking horrible, I can't agree more with the Star Wars parodies being over done, and they weren't really that funny in the first place. This was so bad in fact that I went to bed half way through instead of sitting through the rest of this blasphemous atrocity.

And like, parody I can understand, but what the fuck was the deal with making their Obi Wan character a homosexual paedophile...that sang. When he started singing, that's when it was enough for me and I left. Still, at least they are consistent, every single flaw that I pointed out to my brother as to why Family Guy is a fucking horrible show was demonstrated during this episode. Everything from the 14 year old random humour, to the totally pointless clips that play for a good 40 seconds to waste time because they have horrible writers and can't even script something long enough to take up an episodes space and time.

FUCK Family Guy, FUCK it.

Autonomist
10-03-2007, 07:27 AM
I was mildly amused by "Red October standing by."

Otherwise I agree word for word.