PDA

View Full Version : My Chemical Romance fans want me dead, or discussion of political correctness

Vera
09-20-2007, 10:24 AM
Exciting story about my life as a dork!

First, let's go to New York, a week or two back. Me and Sunny treading the streets of Manhattan, trying to find a movie theater or a place to eat some foodz, I honestly forget which. Point is, we're hungry and pissy or just generally annoyed by the dreadful weather and the situation.

Now, Sunny's a wonderful and smart person and thus can control her tongue when in public (in private though, she will curse like any normal trupunxx, using a variety of lovely swear words from imaginative 'cuntrag' to the more regular 'shit' - oh and Magdalena, I can't remember if you actually ever said 'cuntrag' but I'm going to assume you could). I, on the other hand, am a fucking idiot who learned about 80% of her English online - including the bad words.

I can hold back in Finnish just fine, not use such fine curse words such as "vittu" or "kyrpäheinä" when I'm working or say, in a toy store surrounded by kids. But in English, I speak as I speak.. I don't seem to have "modes" at all.

Back to us in Manhattan. We stop at a traffic light - we're on foot - and I sigh in a frustrated manner, "If we don't find that fucking place, I swear I'm going to kill a bitch."

Sunny gasps and starts laughing in a shocked manner, sort of being like, "What did you just say?"

Only then does it actually occur to me that threatening to "kill a bitch" might not be the wisest thing to say in a crowded Manhattan street where people might not take to the word 'bitch' or the threat of me killing one, even when, obviously, I am not out to kill any sisters, be they bitches or not. I was just using it as a crude metaphor for how annoyed I was.

Apparently some lady gave me a really evil look when I said it. I honestly didn't notice.

Now, this wasn't the only time I fucked up with political correctness in New York City or the only time I made an ass of myself in general. (My favourite is reading out loud suggestive t-shirt texts in St Mark's Place and the balding old guy before me turning around to give me a weird look. No, sir, I did not mean you should "kiss me" or "lick me"!)

But it got me thinking. Yesterday I hung out with one of my friends with whom I always have the most inappropriate and weird sense of humor. I told her about the 'kill a bitch' thing and the St Mark's thing and then concluded, "You know, that just never happens in Helsinki. People in here don't give a shit about what you say in public."

My friend agreed. She relayed a story of her talking about something sick and utterly offensive (in a joking manner but regardless) in a crowded outdoor place in Helsinki with some of her friends and the only reaction they got was some hippie girl first standing up next to them and then suddenly leaving with an air of protest. But that's it. No looks, no remarks, nobody walking up to them with accusations or anything.

Later that day we're discussing the eurghness of the recent emo fashion wave and my friend starts on the topic, "Why I Hate the Vocalist of My Chemical Romance" and goes onto this long dissfest on what a fucking ugly idiot the guy is. We're walking to this shopping center and I glance behind me while listening to my friend diss the MCR guy and see that behind us there are some 15/16 year old girls who look like they *could* be emo fans.

My friend finishes her diss and the girls soon walk ahead of us. I look at one of them and her bag, which has a band badge. It says "Franz Ferdinand". I breathe a little easier, she wasn't one of MCR army.

Then both me and my friend look at the other girl's bag and - oh shit oh shit oh shit - it's the OFFICIAL TOTE BAG FOR MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE.

Needless to say, we both crack up insanely and can't stop laughing until we reach the mall.

But it seemed to prove a point somehow. We dissed the shit out of this guy in the presence of some of his fans, and they didn't react in *any* way. Of course, their lack of reaction was a reaction as well but considering MCR fans otherwise seem to be pretty dedicated, I would've expected at least a dirty look or something.

This is so tl;dr. Basically, I just wanted to document these two events to show Mark New Yorkers did not beat up the dumbass tourist even when she said a stupid thing AND in case I get viciously murdered, you'll know this is how Finnish MCR fans get back for dissing their boys.

Also, I basically just wanted to brag I spent lots of time with Sunny. Har har har.

Sunny
09-20-2007, 10:45 AM
oh loves. you told this magical story much better than i ever could.

i must say there are few things as wonderful as a Park Avenue priss's reaction to "i'm gonna fucking kill a bitch". the shocked look on a botoxed face.... priceless. my oh my.

you seem to have forgotten "British people are faggotted/faggots"... on the subway. In the West Village of all places! :D

oh teh luls!

btw, Mark, Sanni did say "mum" and maybe "colour", too, and *gasp* no one volunteered to beat the living bejesus out of her.
nyc just ain't what it used to be, huh?

btw, cuntrag is definitely a part of my vocab. :D right next to cuntbucket!<3

Gerard Way can blow me. i sure do hope the MCR fans you encountered don't take "Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge" too literally. ;p

ha,ha. ok. i'm lame.

TBD
09-20-2007, 10:57 AM
www.livejournal.com

Vera
09-20-2007, 11:04 AM
Ohmyfuckinggod I totally forgot about my brilliant "faggots" comment. Actually, it was about teh Slavic Canadians. Something about them arriving soon and I commented like, "They better, bunch of faggots."

I'm like blushing at the memory. kdfhkdfjg thank god the subway cart was sort of empty.

My sense of humor and PCness are not a match made in heaven. :(

Sunny
09-20-2007, 11:04 AM
u so funny, not.

this post is based on the (correct) assumption that some people on this board (excluding yourself, obviously) want to, and like to, hear about the fabulous misadventures of sanni+sunny. some even joined us for a weekend.

so, basically, if you have no interest in our ridiculousness, why are you even in this thread?

Vera
09-20-2007, 11:06 AM
www.livejournal.com

lolz where do you think I'm posting it next? :p

Also what Sunny said.

Sunny
09-20-2007, 11:06 AM
Ohmyfuckinggod I totally forgot about my brilliant "faggots" comment. Actually, it was about teh Slavic Canadians. Something about them arriving soon and I commented like, "They better, bunch of faggots."

oh god, that's even better. :D

and let's not forget saying your user title out loud. on the train.

TBD
09-20-2007, 11:08 AM
Fuck ok you got me I admit it, I'd rather read this than 80% of the other threads on the board =(

Sunny
09-20-2007, 11:11 AM
well, i don't blame ya ;D

JohnnyNemesis
09-20-2007, 12:02 PM
Oh come on, TBD's post was awesome. I was just about to post a tl ; dr, but his was even better. Also, I actually did read the thread, so I woulda been a dirty stinkin' liar if I hit this thread with a tl ; dr.

Vera
09-20-2007, 12:14 PM
It's one thing to tell somebody their post sucks, it's a whole other to tell them their posting sucks and would be better posted on livejournal.

no more hope for better days :( :( :(

Lodat225
09-20-2007, 12:34 PM
Or maybe people were looking at you in disgust was because of your appearance?

Lodat225
09-20-2007, 12:36 PM
It's one thing to tell somebody their post sucks, it's a whole other to tell them their posting sucks and would be better posted on livejournal.

no more hope for better days :( :( :(

nobody said that, lolololololol.

Llamas
09-20-2007, 12:41 PM
I read this entire thread. I smiled a bunch. It also reminded me of how all my Finnish friends told me that if you call someone a "bitch" in Finland, you're going to get smacked. But here, I call people "bitch" all the time.

I thought TBD's post was funny. :P

Vera
09-20-2007, 01:21 PM
Or maybe people were looking at you in disgust was because of your appearance?

Yeah, I'm a huge fattiez in America. People kept pushing me inside gyms, woes.

lolololol it's called sarcasm, fag.

llamas - It's just a difference in languages, I guess. The Finnish word for bitch is not as commonly used as in English.. If somebody who wasn't that familiar with me called me that in Finnish, I'd be pretty taken back. When I use it in Finnish, it seems completely different.

Lodat225
09-20-2007, 01:38 PM
Yeah, I'm a huge fattiez in America. People kept pushing me inside gyms, woes.

lolololol it's called sarcasm, fag.

llamas - It's just a difference in languages, I guess. The Finnish word for bitch is not as commonly used as in English.. If somebody who wasn't that familiar with me called me that in Finnish, I'd be pretty taken back. When I use it in Finnish, it seems completely different.

I wasn't calling you fat. i was calling you ugly.

insecure much?

Sunny
09-20-2007, 01:47 PM
Lodat, what exactly is the point of going out of your way to call someone ugly in a thread that is in NO WAY related to appearance?

sanni: lol i went to nyc and said un-pc stuff, also mcr sucks
you: lol u ugly

do you see any sense in that?

Vera
09-20-2007, 02:12 PM
We ugly people are not allowed to speak on teh internets.

PS. Somebody tell that to Perez Hilton.

KyleW
09-20-2007, 02:13 PM
Hehe, this story was great :D two things though...

1) The MCR fans couldnt respond if they wanted to. They are so "depressed" that gerard got married the other week that most of them are still only talking to others of their type.

2) What does tl;dr mean? Maybe a bit of nooby question but ive seen it popping up all over the internet all day.

Awesome story though, especially about the "kiss me" "lick me" guy.

Vera
09-20-2007, 02:33 PM
Too long ; didn't read.

Lodat225
09-20-2007, 03:13 PM
to sunny : it's me. what do you expecccccccccccccccct?

monkzee
09-20-2007, 04:38 PM
Later that day we're discussing the eurghness of the recent emo fashion wave and my friend starts on the topic, "Why I Hate the Vocalist of My Chemical Romance" and goes onto this long dissfest on what a fucking ugly idiot the guy is. We're walking to this shopping center and I glance behind me while listening to my friend diss the MCR guy and see that behind us there are some 15/16 year old girls who look like they *could* be emo fans.

My friend finishes her diss and the girls soon walk ahead of us. I look at one of them and her bag, which has a band badge. It says "Franz Ferdinand". I breathe a little easier, she wasn't one of MCR army.

Then both me and my friend look at the other girl's bag and - oh shit oh shit oh shit - it's the OFFICIAL TOTE BAG FOR MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE.

Needless to say, we both crack up insanely and can't stop laughing until we reach the mall.

LMAO me and my mate Dan are always ranting about how crap MCR are and other sh*tty emo bands. I have many friends who like MCR too including Dan's twin sister xD but now they just don't give a damn about the abuse we give them anymore - probably coz theyre used to it by now xD

Oh yeah check this out - MCR getting bottled and abused at download haha
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsFK4eZoF2w

nieh
09-20-2007, 04:44 PM
I've seen that clip. As much as I dislike the band, whoever threw the bottle is a fucking dick.

edit: actually, that may've been a different clip. There's one out there where he gets hit in the face with a bottle and looks like he loses conciousness for a few seconds and they have to stop the song.

monkzee
09-20-2007, 05:23 PM
I've seen that clip. As much as I dislike the band, whoever threw the bottle is a fucking dick.

edit: actually, that may've been a different clip. There's one out there where he gets hit in the face with a bottle and looks like he loses conciousness for a few seconds and they have to stop the song.

lol england is full of dicks (i apologize on behalf of my fellow countrymen xD) haha but its no suprise that MCR did get bottled and they really should not have headlined download. Seriously KoRn should have been the headline band for the friday coz i saw a bit of their set on youtube and it looked mint.

Homer
09-20-2007, 05:32 PM
Iedit: actually, that may've been a different clip. There's one out there where he gets hit in the face with a bottle and looks like he loses conciousness for a few seconds and they have to stop the song.

That was Panic! At The Disco

nieh
09-20-2007, 06:04 PM
That was Panic! At The Disco

Same thing.

TBD
09-20-2007, 06:16 PM
How did this thread get turned into a discussion of homosexuality?

0r4ng3
09-20-2007, 07:06 PM
lol england is full of dicks (i apologize on behalf of my fellow countrymen xD) haha but its no suprise that MCR did get bottled and they really should not have headlined download. Seriously KoRn should have been the headline band for the friday coz i saw a bit of their set on youtube and it looked mint.
I'd prefer if Korn was bottled.

0r4ng3
09-20-2007, 09:26 PM
That's a remake? You copied it almost word for word. Unless I have no idea what you're doing.

Vera
09-21-2007, 04:50 AM
Yeah, that just confuses the shit out of me.

Aamu?? Did you just google for a random Finnish girl name? o_0

Also, as much as I dislike all those crappy bands, if I was somehow in a situation where I had to watch them at a concert, I would not throw fucking bottles at them, but rather hate MYSELF for being stupid enough to be at the concert - no matter who else was playing.

Little_Miss_1565
09-21-2007, 07:30 AM
It was so much fun having the Scandinavian Invasion. Hooorays. Vera, maybe if you had show them all the AFI Slash we read, they would have liked you better. "OH WOW, you're familiar with my work?"

JoY
09-21-2007, 04:26 PM
could Sanni be any cuter?
*giggles & laughs*<3

Offspringfan67
09-23-2007, 09:08 AM
i dont hink its very polite to make fun of a band in front of obvious fans, it just comes off as arrogatn to me

Vera
09-24-2007, 02:07 AM
...The whole point was that we didn't know they were fans until after we dissed MCR.

Sarah - Roffle, yes. Except now you made me think of MCR slash and I'm crying.

Nina
09-24-2007, 05:25 AM
So, is cursing in public really quietly forbidden in the US?

Sunny
09-24-2007, 07:13 AM
i think it's just like any other country; there's always people who curse. sometimes they will get a reaction, sometimes people just ignore it. it also depends where in the country/city you are.... "i'm gonna fucking kill a bitch" is not something old ladies on Park Avenue are used to hearing.

ironically, i don't like it when people curse in public. sometimes i slip, but i'm not into it. like, with sanni, it was hysterical/cute for obvious reasons... but if there's some kids on the subway being loud and cursing, i will generally shoot them a look. cause like, fuck, learn some fucking manners. ;p

Nina
09-24-2007, 08:52 AM
It's still a little surprising to me. Germany (at least the middle/south of it) is not uptight at all. Even older people will curse. It doesnt speak for bad manners when you do.
The north, however, is a different story. I think.
:/

I personally hardly ever curse, though I do like privately calling people bad names (and that is still just the regular stupid COW.) and I feel uneasy when strangers curse, but I always thought that was just me ;P

Sunny
09-24-2007, 09:47 AM
i curse pretty bad in private, as anyone who's stayed with me will attest. a lot of it is a joke though, or a term of endearment (ie: smelly bitch means beloved puppy girl) =)

in public, i guess it's different when someone is pissed off and curses... but sometimes it's just people trying to be "cool" and badass and using like 5 obscenities in every sentence where it's absolutely unnecessary.

from my experience in Poland, people curse a lot, but it's not exactly socially acceptable. like, you'll hear it a lot... but if you're in a nice area or on the bus, and you curse loudly, people will look at you like *wtf*. some old ladies will even be all like "watch your mouth, young man". hehe.

Llamas
09-24-2007, 11:56 AM
People in Graz didn't really swear. Kids/teenagers cussed constantly in English (they'd be speaking in German, and then you'd just here "fuck" and "shit" thrown in... odd), but the people my age that I knew didn't swear, and I didn't ever hear adults cussing on buses or anywhere. The Finnish and Croatian people I knew cussed a LOT, haha. And people in Vienna seemed to cuss a bit more than in Graz, but still not much.

In the Milwaukee area, where I am now, people don't cuss so much, either, but still more than in Graz. In Minneapolis, everyone swears all the time. Or at least it seems that way to me. I think the most cussing I've heard in a city was in London.

Sinister
09-24-2007, 08:34 PM
The province of Quebec as a whole is pretty bad when it comes to cursing. I even hear a few curses a day during the radio show I listen to in the morning. At a time when it's very likely there are children listening.