PDA

View Full Version : 'Reality' Television

TBD
09-21-2007, 10:00 PM
I always knew reality shows were pretty fake, but a few weeks ago me and my friend were walking around outside the Whisky on Sunset Boulevard waiting for a show to start, when we see a guy surrounded by camera men was talking on a cell phone. We walked by wondering what was going on, then one of the camera men chases us and asks if we want to be on television.

He tells us its for a reality show that we've heard of, (I won't reveal the name because I signed some sort of waiver that I didn't read and don't know what kind of liability I could potentially have) They basically tell us to walk by the guy on the show and take something from him without looking at the cameras, and to make casual conversation. We did it once, but they told us we had to do it again, so for this reality show, we had to take two takes to create a supposedly random street passerby scene. After we did the second one, we were told thanks and that we could go. They also said it should air in April or something.

So basically, I assume that every reality show has 'takes' like this, especially when dealing with people who will just look at the camera.

The next thing, someone will tell me I love New York was scripted. And I will then cry, or that Laguna Beach and The Hills aren't completely real either =(

0r4ng3
09-21-2007, 10:01 PM
Wow. All this time I thought reality shows were real, like professional wrestling, but it turns out they're fake, just like boxing.

Makes you think.

TBD
09-21-2007, 10:04 PM
I still think Survivor is real. Am I dumb? If it was completely rigged some seasons would be way more dramatic than the anti-climatic predictable outcomes that have occurred.

nameless
09-21-2007, 10:12 PM
well i knew everything on those reality tv shows cant have been real. on shows like hogan knows best nothing unusual is gonna happen when theres camera/sound guys following them everywhere!

XYlophonetreeZ
09-21-2007, 11:25 PM
P.S. I went to high school with one of the girls on the new season of Beauty and the Geek. She's hot. I used to help her with physics.

I watched the first episode online and she was actually the only girl not shown saying anything outrageously dumb. Surprising, considering I once remember explaining the difference between "horizontal" and "vertical" to her.

Endymion
09-22-2007, 02:32 AM
a friend of mine plays basket ball with the writers for The Simple Life.

Vera
09-22-2007, 05:48 AM
I remember The Daily Show did a segment on this guy who hated Laguna Beach and how UNREAL it was. Then they showed how easily he himself let himself be manipulated, the director would be like "Um, let's do another take, could you say that line but make it shorter." and "Instead of [word] could you use [another word]?", basically completely re-writing the phrase the guy was saying.

It was hilarious. They even asked him to take off his shirt. XDDD

Offspringfan67
09-23-2007, 08:51 AM
i love rality tv its so fun and exciting to wathc