PDA

View Full Version : after-school rountine

Offspringfan67
09-23-2007, 03:48 PM
what do you do after school? is it normal to hang out with friends after school, cause i dont and a lot of people dont either. do you get a scake, do homework? what is your ruotine?

Jakebert
09-23-2007, 03:59 PM
No, I always hang out with my friends. What the fuck are you, some kind of loser?

Loser.

JohnnyNemesis
09-23-2007, 04:05 PM
Why do they call it Ovaltine? The mug is round. The jar is round. They should call it Rountine!

mrconeman
09-23-2007, 04:07 PM
Haha. I probably wouldn't even have noticed that.
Awesome.

Jakebert
09-23-2007, 04:07 PM
THAT'S GOLD JERRY, GOLD!
http://www.siyumhaseinfeld.com/images/chars/bania.jpg

JohnnyNemesis
09-23-2007, 04:12 PM
Soup is not a meal!

Jakebert
09-23-2007, 04:16 PM
Yeah, I've been working out. I'M HUGE.

wheelchairman
09-23-2007, 04:25 PM
While I applaud the general mocking, this thread isn't actually that bad.

What's the deal with cell-phones? You can never slam them properly.

But seriously, to give this thread a chance. After a lecture I usually go to work for 5 hours, then I go home and have dinner. Afterwards I might do one (or more) of the following things:
1. watch star trek
2. Smoke my water pipe
3. Beat tizz at chess
4. Drink beer with phil at my place
5. drink beer elsewhere
6. maybe get stoned

If I have a lecture in the afternoon I just wake up later and take work out of my schedule.

mrconeman
09-23-2007, 04:32 PM
This thread is a good topic for discussion I think, the way it was presented was nicely mockable though...

Generally my routine after coming back from school is getting the fuck out of my uniform and wearing some people clothes and doing some average pass time activities, like playing guitar/games/interwebs/music. If I've happened to walk home with a friend on that particular day we'll probably hang around a bit. Recently I've actually gotten into the habbit of coming home and just going to sleep for an hour, waking up at 7 in the morning sucks.

Eating is good to, especially if it's been a cold day, some hot food and tea is the best way to come in from the cold.

If my brothers in we'd usually catch up on some watchables with food. Then if it's a weekday I'd likely arrange to get out of the house for a few hours and hang around with friends, if it's a weekend I'd find an excuse to get drunk.

Betty
09-23-2007, 04:33 PM
-Cook dinner
-Eat dinner

On a couple nights of any given week I will:
-Run errands
-Play volleyball
-Exercise (go running, lift weights)
-Mark reports
-Read papers
-Read books
-Read the news
-Work on my freelance job
-Hang out with friends (go to the pub, go for dinner, play some pool, hang out at someone's house, see a movie, play a round of golf, get hammered, etc, etc.)
-Spend a little time on the Internet
-Organize my life
-Clean
-Talk to my lover
-Work on some mini-project I have

Yeah... I don't really have a routine.

Offspringfan67
09-23-2007, 05:05 PM
basically, i get home, eat a big snack, fool around and aim and stuff on the comp, or play basketball and listen to music. i do my homework reeally late, like 8:45 or 9. actually, i usually do my homework in the morning.

wheelchairman
09-23-2007, 05:10 PM
I never understood people who did their homework in high school.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
09-23-2007, 05:14 PM
Usual Monday through Thursday routine in Sept-early November

School ends at 2:30. Soccer practice is at 3. I'll normally play basketball with my team until then. Practice would end at 4. I'd go home, shower, eat, and computer until someone calls or comes over, which usually happens. Then I'll somewhere after that, and after I come home or people leave, I'll be talking online and doing homework, if needed, as late as possible.

Offspringfan67
09-23-2007, 05:15 PM
im one of those lazy kids who tries to do bare minimum with homework. i usaully do it in study hall or lunch the class before and i usually get it done just on time. i do a half-assed job, but i still manage A's.

mrconeman
09-23-2007, 05:20 PM
Exactly. These last two years are the only years I've ever bothered doing homework, because for once it's actually beneficial to the courses, and you'd fall behind without doing it.

Alot of homework (especially in the earlier years) is fucking pointless, and generally seems like it's only there to annoy and waste your time. I mean homework like copying something out of a book...what the hell is the point, you already have the book.

There's that general moral objection, and then there's also the fact that I'm just really lazy

Offspringfan67
09-23-2007, 05:22 PM
how did you get by without doing homework? thats like a huge part of my percentage grade, if i didnt do it i would fail for sure or mayyybe get a very low D

mrconeman
09-23-2007, 05:28 PM
Using every excuse in the book, and avoiding teachers until they forgot. It depended on the class/teacher and how important the work was of course. I mean I done work that would actually contribute to my grades, and done the (very, very) occasional pointless homework just to make it seem like I was doing things, but all in all I didn't find it too hard to get away with it.

Alot of the teachers would usually just be like "Get it done for the next class" and never remember, or "You should have". I don't think I ever got in any actual trouble for it.

Tired_Of_You
09-23-2007, 05:39 PM
I rarely did my homework in highschool and never studied besides for a few classes (ie maths) and I had good marks.

I have college only 2 days a week this semester (Monday and Friday), usually I'll
- eat something
- watch TV
- do some stuff on the computer
- hang out with my friends
- clean
- read
- I might work on Fridays
- etc

Nothing really special. I hate routines, so it's never the same thing.

0r4ng3
09-23-2007, 05:50 PM
I did as little homework as all of my friends, yet I always got lower grades. Hence, my self esteem issues. Yeah, fuck you high school.

Bazza
09-23-2007, 05:51 PM
At uni:
Get back from lectures late (that's what you get when you study a science)
Cook/Prepare food
Watch hours of pointless tv with housemates
Play poker/drink/go out/whatever with housemates/ or on a wednesday and thursday I work

That's about it, although everyday tends to have a slight variation.

Whereas at home during holidays I'll either work/bum around/see the girlfriend and quite possibly all at the same time!

Andy
09-23-2007, 05:52 PM
I don't go to school anymore, but my after-work routine is as follows:

Scenario 1:
-Leave work at 4, get the train at 4.15
-Get home at 5.20
-Watch Friends (I know I know, but it's always on and SO easy to watch)
-Watch Deal or No Deal
-Eat dinner
-Play Football Manager whilst watching random shit on the TV
-Post shit on the BBS
-Sleep.

Scenario 2:
-Leave work at 4, get the train at 4.15
-Get to Sutton at 4.50
-Go to the pub, drink until closing
-Get home
-Drink lots of tea
-Post shit on the BBS
-Sleep.

Scenario 3:
-Leave work at 4
-Go to the gym, and work out for an hour
-Get the train at 5.15
-Meet my dad at the pub at 6
-Drink till 8
-Have dinner
-Post shit on the BBS
-Sleep.

Yep, that's pretty much it for me.

Offspringfan67
09-23-2007, 05:56 PM
alright, fuck the routine shit, id actually like to discuss homework. any way to change titles?

my teachers take points off for homework, sometimes i get stressed cause i have so much, and i also hate all those homework assingments where you have to DRAW and COLOR in like english, science its fucking stupid its not art class.

mrconeman
09-23-2007, 06:02 PM
Do you happen to be British?

Bazza
09-23-2007, 06:05 PM
I hope he isn't otherwise he's made a small error with the spelling of colour...

mrconeman
09-23-2007, 06:12 PM
Which would make it all the more awesome if he was.

Offspringfan67
09-23-2007, 06:12 PM
no why do you ask?

mrconeman
09-23-2007, 06:14 PM
Oh, no matter...

Offspringfan67
09-23-2007, 06:16 PM
in my country color is spells without a u

Andy
09-23-2007, 06:17 PM
In my country there is no 'I' in 'team'.

Offspringfan67
09-23-2007, 06:18 PM
yeah same here

Offspringfan67
09-23-2007, 06:23 PM
man i feel like shit right now

mrconeman
09-23-2007, 06:27 PM
man i feel like shit right now

http://offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30353&page=2

Bazza
09-23-2007, 06:28 PM
http://offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30353&page=2

Fucking awesome!!!

Offspringfan67
09-23-2007, 06:29 PM
look im really tired but for the past year or so ive had a really hard time falling asleep i always go to bed at like 2 or 3 am please i need some tips on how to fall asleep please im really tired

Andy
09-23-2007, 06:37 PM
Sleep on the edge of your bed... You'll soon drop off.

Offspringfan67
i gotaa dmit that is a pretty good joke but please im serious

mrconeman
hahahahaha

Offspringfan67
09-23-2007, 06:38 PM
please help.

Bazza
09-23-2007, 06:39 PM
...it depends how long you want to sleep for...

Offspringfan67
09-23-2007, 06:43 PM
for the whole nite until 6 am

wheelchairman
09-23-2007, 06:47 PM
Stay up all night one night, and then maintain an ordinary rhythm the rest of the week.

coke_a_holic
09-23-2007, 06:48 PM
Look under your kitchen sink for a bottle marked "Ammonia." If you drink a cup of it, you'll sleep soundly.

Offspringfan67
09-23-2007, 06:50 PM
Stay up all night one night, and then maintain an ordinary rhythm the rest of the week.

but thats the problem, even if i stay up one night i still wont be able to sleep the next night...

mrconeman
09-23-2007, 06:57 PM
Well then stay up that night and go to sleep on the third night.

Offspringfan67
09-23-2007, 07:18 PM
like i turn off all the lights and close my eyes for like a while and nothing happens and i get bored

Sinister
09-23-2007, 08:01 PM
Try sleeping pills, and don't forget all brands miss a zero at the end of the recommended amount.

Offspringfan67
09-23-2007, 08:06 PM
yeah but if you take downers you need uppers and i dont want that

Little_Miss_1565
09-23-2007, 08:34 PM
I have an after WORK routine. I am feeling tres old.

My after work routine goes thus:

1. Leave office
2. Drink, often immoderately.
3. Go home and moderate forums.
4. Sleep

I change it up sometimes--2 is sometimes replaced with "band practice," or "go to a show," or sometimes I even skip it and go straight home. Life in the big city is exciting!

yeah but if you take downers you need uppers and i dont want that

Not true.

T-6005
09-23-2007, 08:52 PM
Have sex. A lot.

Little_Miss_1565
09-23-2007, 08:58 PM
Have sex. A lot.

Durr. Yes.

WebDudette
09-23-2007, 09:30 PM
I generally go to a local park and hang out there with who ever else happens to be there till like 7-8ish. If I don't do that I come home and do stuff on the computer and play World of Warcraft.

The only homework I do is the occasional math homework and important essays/projects.

HornyPope
09-23-2007, 10:58 PM
Have sex. A lot.

Sexy.

3. Go home and moderate forums

Sexier.

Not everyone is smart like you.

TBD
09-23-2007, 11:12 PM
I worked harder in high school than college.

Cause high school requires attendance.

SkunkIt
09-23-2007, 11:13 PM
I don't really have an after school routine but usally three days a week, I do some drumming practice then go to work. The other two days, I do some homework, drumming practice and piano playing, get some food then go to work unless I have off, then I stay at school, catch up on assignments, do homework, and play the piano and the drums. I barely have time to play the piano most days so I stay at school till about seven practicing the piano. I wish I had time to do more stuff but usally when I come home from work, I pass out on my bed after a while.

WebDudette
09-23-2007, 11:20 PM
Does anyone wait till the very last second to do there work? I had an essay assigned Friday before last for my English class and I am just now starting. It's due tomorrow.

TBD
09-23-2007, 11:21 PM
Does anyone wait till the very last second to do there work? I had an essay assigned Friday before last for my English class and I am just now starting. It's due tomorrow.

Yes, in 4 years of college I never finished an essay until the day it was due.

Llamas
09-23-2007, 11:21 PM
I worked hard in my AP courses in high school... but it was much more important to actually do work in those. In the rest of my classes, I slacked. In college, I worked much harder.

I would recommend going to the store and buying a bottle of Melatonin. Natural sleep hormone. Works well, I think. And if you live in the US, you can get it on the shelf, no prescription required.

TBD
09-23-2007, 11:23 PM
I take Tylenol PM about once or twice a week lately to fall asleep. I have trouble sleeping before like two am usually.

Sunny
09-24-2007, 08:17 AM
tylenol pm is my bff.

Whiplash
09-24-2007, 09:20 AM
I only go to school one day a week, but this is what I do after school:

1. Teach a self-defence class for children.
2. work out at the gym
3. eat.
4. get behind my laptop.
5. Go hang out with my friends
6. watch some tv
7. go to sleep.

Yeah my life rules:P

KyleW
09-24-2007, 09:27 AM
I have kind of a subconcious ritual that I perform after school. I come in, sy hi to everyone, go upstairs, edge my way on the computed if someones on it or just go on in, talk on msn whilst getting changed. Then I usually arrange what to do on that night or (very occasionlly) have a homework night.

Nina
09-24-2007, 09:47 AM
Right now, I dont have a routine. In fact, I never had it to begin with. When I was still in school everyday would be different. Whatever job I had in the past, it would always be at different times and thus I wasnt really able to have a routine. My new job, starting in November, will basically be the defined contra-part of routine.
Is that good or bad? I dunno.

KyleW
09-24-2007, 10:20 AM
Is that good or bad? I dunno.

I guess it depends on who you are. If you like having a routie to follow then they work well. If you prefer to live making decisions as you go then a routine would probably be worse.

Offspringfan67
09-24-2007, 01:12 PM
Not everyone is smart like you.

are you saying its not smart to do your homework? im curious, why do you think that? i want to know, cause you need good grades to get intooa good college and stuff

killer_queen
09-24-2007, 01:20 PM
I really don't have a routine and I've never had one. I've been spending the last two years studying but I never did this with a plan. I'll try to have a routine this year, it'll be pretty tough but I guess I can manage it.

drex878
09-24-2007, 03:38 PM
Well, I have a life and have sports everyday after school.

Offspringfan67
09-24-2007, 03:46 PM
people who play sports are gay. especially those freaky lesbian chicks.

Sunny
09-24-2007, 03:47 PM
well, all lesbian chicks are gay, freaky or not. amirite?

ps. sports kick your wimpy ass.

Rag Doll
09-24-2007, 04:01 PM
uhhh, usually one of 2 things...

1. work, sleep
2. foods, see boy, sex boy, sleep

yuppp. i'm actually taking this semester off though. so basically every day is going to be sleeping, working, and sexing. pretty swell.

Betty
09-25-2007, 11:05 PM
I'm terrified that if I start taking any kinda sleeping pill, I'm gonna get addicted!

TBD
09-25-2007, 11:08 PM
Tylenol PM is not habit forming. I've been taking it for a long time and have no reliance on it, and only take it when I woke up too late for my attempted sleeping time.

Betty
09-25-2007, 11:15 PM
One time I took Buckley's Night Time and it was the greatest thing I've ever experienced. I don't even know if there's sleeping medicine in it or if it's just some other drug that might make you drowsy. But it was amazing.

I may look into the Tylenol thing. But I guess I have been sleeping better lately now that I actually sleep. I think I'm dwelling on the topic since I couldn't sleep last night for no reason and that was frustrating.

TBD
09-25-2007, 11:19 PM
I never attempt to go to sleep unless I'm pretty sure I can pass out within 15 minutes. It's not worth the effort it takes. I feel like attempting to fall asleep when you're obviously not tired enough yet is one of the worst feelings in the world.

JoY
09-26-2007, 08:12 AM
after school I;
- call people on my way home. see where my homies at.
- if they are around, maybe we can meet, talk, do stuff, whatever.

then it all gets messy. from there it's very.. unroutined.
I could be doing the laundry (like I should be doing now & actually was doing, before I got hooked again to this board), cleaning up my room a little bit.. I could directly go shopping for dinner with my man, if it's late. I could be going to work, if it's my shift. I could be going to my man's house. prepare for other activities, like drinking/partying. get online...

difficult question, actually.

I forgot to mention I could grab a bite to eat, if it's around lunch time, but I don't usually have a lunch-routine. I just eat when I think I need to & I often forget.

JoY
09-26-2007, 08:19 AM
I never attempt to go to sleep unless I'm pretty sure I can pass out within 15 minutes. It's not worth the effort it takes. I feel like attempting to fall asleep when you're obviously not tired enough yet is one of the worst feelings in the world.

I completely agree.
& the worst thing is, if I still have energy when I go to bed.. even if eventually I'm dead-tired after a while, I won't fall asleep anymore, because I stepped into my bed at the wrong time. then I've just been lying awake, staring at the ceiling for so long, I can forget about falling asleep.

so it takes longer, more frustration, more lying awake, more staring at the ceiling, I HATE IT.

but sometimes I don't feel I'm tired & then I don't go to bed (because I never go to bed, if I don't feel like I will be unconscious in 10 minutes)... & then I end up being reeeeeeally tired, just because I didn't feel I was tired. or I end up sleeping in class/on the train/in the subway/during movies/you name it.

batfish
09-26-2007, 09:10 AM
I'm at university now, just started, so i haven't found a routine yet.

After secondary school i used to come home, watch kids' TV or read for an hour, have dinner, do homework and maybe something sporty. Then watch a bit more TV or go on the internet if I had time.

I lived in a tiny village 10 miles away from any of my friends so i only had my brother to hang out with.

I don't have trouble sleeping any more, i'm knackered by the end of the day.

JoY
09-26-2007, 12:18 PM
ooooo, university!

..school, university, same thing.

HeadAroundU
09-26-2007, 05:56 PM
people who play sports are gay. especially those freaky lesbian chicks.
What did you say!? What did you say!? I'll break you where you are thickest and you might say that I'm your new sport trainer!

batfish
09-26-2007, 06:12 PM
ooooo, university!

..school, university, same thing.

oh no i wasn't bragging or anything!
I know that school = university in other countries.
Just making it clear that my routine has changed, so i haven't settled into a new one yet.

Llamas
09-26-2007, 09:14 PM
All sleep medications can be habit forming, depending on who is using them. If you start taking something to fall asleep, you chance having your body decide, "Hey, I don't need to produce melatonin anymore, cause you're gonna fall asleep, anyway". So then the body just stops having sleep hormones all the time... which is pretty much how an addiction works, obviously, but it really can happen with any sleep aid. You're just lucky that it doesn't do that to you.

As for trying to sleep when you're not gonna be out in about 15 minutes, that's really the best. It makes it worse if you lie in bed awake, knowing you can't sleep.

TBD
09-26-2007, 09:18 PM
Why do they call it Ovaltine? The mug is round. The jar is round. They should call it Rountine!

Still the only post worth reading in this thread.

HornyPope
09-26-2007, 10:27 PM
My school is in the afternoon, so depending on what i've done in the morning, I use the evenings to either work, hang out with friends, watch a movie or smoke up. I go to bed after midnight so there's plenty of time for everything.

Betty
09-27-2007, 02:29 AM
I always feel like a slacker when I don't work hard enough until I realize that everybody else is an EVER BIGGER SLACKER.

JoY
09-27-2007, 12:17 PM
oh no i wasn't bragging or anything!
I know that school = university in other countries.
Just making it clear that my routine has changed, so i haven't settled into a new one yet.

got ya. *thumbs up*

everyone always laughs at me here for calling uni "school". but dude, "school" is a much shorter word, easier to use, you're used to it anyway, everyone gets what I mean by it... it'd almost look like I was going out of my way to let people know I have brains, if I said "university" all the darn time.

Brianna, you're right, if you're specifically talking about melatonin as a sedative. but you don't produce melatonin, babe. it's an early form of serotonin converted under the influence of light. (I'll spare you the details)

what is the most important side effect of sedative medication, is the psychological dependence, where the person can't accept they can sleep without the medication. sleeping overal is a proces that, well.. involves the brain. stress, fear of not sleeping, wanting/needing to sleep, but being frustrated that you aren't asleep already... these are things that keep you awake.

of course there are many sedatives that cause physical dependency, but most sedatives have nothing to do with melatonin & don't contain melatonin. but yes, taking melatonin may disrupt the timing of conversion of serotonin to melatonin, if taken in certain doses.

Andy
09-27-2007, 12:29 PM
Well, I have a life and have sports everyday after school.

OOOoooOOooooOOOoooOoooOoH get you trying to feel superior.