PDA

View Full Version : Halo 3 kicks ass.

Enix Belmont
09-26-2007, 05:25 AM
Wasnt worth the 3 hour wait in line at midnight, really, but it wasnt that bad, and the game is amazing. Seriously, blows the other two halos out of the water. Multiplayer is great, and the new weapons are incredibly awesome, especially the Gravity Hammer, probably one of the coolest weapons ever in an FPS. Anyone else get it at midnight?

Also, please tell me that I'm not the only one who immediately switched their Spartan/Elite ID to X13 >_>

Great Mike
09-26-2007, 07:19 AM
Shut, up, pal,

0r4ng3
09-26-2007, 09:35 AM
I know there are lots of people that hate the Halo series for many reasons, but I personally liked Halo 3. Well, the multiplayer, anyway. I have yet to play the campaign mode.

Professor Chaos
09-26-2007, 11:22 AM
Fuck the campaign. Multiplayer is where it's at!

PS: MASTER CHIEF DIES LOLOL

Lodat225
09-26-2007, 12:30 PM
Are you serious? The story is mediocre, horrible ending, repetitive gameplay, and it's basically the same thing as the last two.

It's alright, but it's not great. At all.

Fifty-Four Forty or Fight
09-26-2007, 12:57 PM
Fuck the campaign. Multiplayer is where it's at!

You mother fucker, don't post spoilers like that! God damnit, I wanted to find out on my own! That was not funny in any way. Edit that out of your post now.

H1T_That
09-26-2007, 01:31 PM
You mother fucker, don't post spoilers like that! God damnit, I wanted to find out on my own! That was not funny in any way. Edit that out of your post now.

Kinda pointless since you quoted him...

T-6005
09-26-2007, 01:57 PM
I'm really not into Halo. I tried the first one and found it incredibly boring. The gameplay, the AI, it was just nothing special.

All About Eve
09-26-2007, 02:09 PM
I'm really not into Halo. I tried the first one and found it incredibly boring. The gameplay, the AI, it was just nothing special.
Sums it up quite nicely, I feel.

rtpuck
09-26-2007, 04:51 PM
I only waited 1! Where are you from?

Homer
09-26-2007, 05:29 PM

This ^ .

That_Guy91
09-26-2007, 06:06 PM

No he doesn't.

Revolver-2005?
09-26-2007, 06:21 PM

Agreed. The multiplayer was only fun because for some reason everyone got a boner over it and thats the only game anyone played...so that was mildly entertaining for 10 minutes at a time. Otherwise Halo is mediocre at best.

WebDudette
09-26-2007, 09:17 PM
Halo 1 Online for PC > Anything else Halo related.

I haven't played Halo 3 yet though.

Enix Belmont
09-27-2007, 02:12 AM
Campaign sucks, yeah, but no one plays it for campaign, they play it fro multiplayer, which is fucking awesome. The Saved Films and Forge make it better than the others, the weapons are actually balanced, and the whole game is just really well made(the graphics are good, too, although not amazing.)

Also, master chief doesnt die. At the end, you see him going to sleep in one of those cryotubes he was in in Halo 1.

khaaaaan
09-27-2007, 03:19 AM
[...] but no one plays it for campaign, they play it fro multiplayer[...]

Not true. I personally play video games primarely for the story part. That's why I like Halo. I mean, who would have thought that a sci fi game with neon colors flying everywhere would ever be a hit? Bungie must've known they were making quite a gamble. But thanks to a captivating universe they totaly won. Other games I've played and really enjoyed story wise are Gears of War, ICO and Shadow of the Colossus.

Also, master chief doesnt die. At the end, you see him going to sleep in one of those cryotubes he was in in Halo 1.

Please:( Stop with the spoilers.

platinumpt
09-27-2007, 10:12 AM

Exactly what I wanted to say. I honestly don't understand all the huge hype around the HALO series. Perhaps playing the game on a XBOX is better than playing it on PC? But I honestly don't believe that, since a keyboard and a mouse kick the hell out of a gamepad on a FPS.

sKratch
09-27-2007, 10:24 AM
Hah revolver I think I saw someone with a shirt of your avatar yesterday on campus. Completely related to the thread... ahem...
*runs away*

KyleW
09-27-2007, 11:49 AM
I enjoyed playing through all of the halo series, the ending of this one was a bit shit but the cutscene made up for it.

I have a feeling that when master cheif slips into that tube thing at the end is where the film will start from especially considering he says "If you need me, wake me"

Anyway, I am yet to play it online as I have to wait till christmas to get xbox live :(

But yeah, I enjoyed it, worth the 10 minute wait outside gamestation :P I live in a small town.

Lodat225
09-28-2007, 08:07 PM
The ending sucked. He doesn't die, though. Also, the multiplayer is kinda fun. I don't know why, but I like the campaign better.

Fifty-Four Forty or Fight
09-29-2007, 10:08 AM
I take it back.

I knew you would. Did you only play the game for like a couple minutes when saying that?!?! Jesus.

platinumpt
09-29-2007, 06:26 PM
Hahaha this thread's full of spoilers. You nasty bitches.

khaaaaan
09-30-2007, 08:46 AM
So, I just finished the game and got the Master Chief dies part. I've been reading this thread and what's this about him in a tube? Is that after the credits or what? Cause i accidently skipped those:o Or are we talking alternate endings based on actions taken in the game?

That_Guy91
09-30-2007, 08:48 AM
After the credits.

khaaaaan
09-30-2007, 09:00 AM
Yeah, I just wiki'ed it. Stupid after-credits-cut-scene:mad:

Lodat225
09-30-2007, 01:23 PM
You need to beat it on Legendary. Once you do, after the credits you get the ending.

khaaaaan
09-30-2007, 01:31 PM
Yeah the whole arriving at earth thing.

khaaaaan
10-03-2007, 07:14 AM
I have now started playing the online multiplayer thing and I must say it's actually a whole lot of fun. You get really pumped:o As a matter of fact, I just became a corporal:cool: Pretty cool huh?

Lodat225
10-03-2007, 01:51 PM
I'm a Sergeant, Grade 3. Not that great but whatever. I'm turning into a Gunnery sergeant if I win 3 more games.

Sham
10-03-2007, 01:53 PM
I'm a Sergeant, Grade 3. Not that great but whatever. I'm turning into a Gunnery sergeant if I win 3 more games.

Are you serious? The story is mediocre, horrible ending, repetitive gameplay, and it's basically the same thing as the last two.

It's alright, but it's not great. At all.

Ummm....What the hell?

Harnum
10-03-2007, 04:43 PM
Exactly what I wanted to say. I honestly don't understand all the huge hype around the HALO series.
I have the same idea about the game. Although I'm not really into many video games, I did play it on multiplayer with a friend today for like a half an hour and I found it kinda boring. Nothing special in my mind.

But then again, the game probably takes some getting used to. I used to die like every minute or so. Damn online freaks owning me all the time! Probably been playing since they had the game. xD

Lodat225
10-04-2007, 05:12 AM
Ummm....What the hell?

Yeah, it is. Story-wise. The multiplayer is fun and I keep playing because of my friends. They are all playing it.

khaaaaan
10-04-2007, 06:31 AM
I keep playing because of my friends. They are all playing it.

Teehee:rolleyes:

Lodat225
10-04-2007, 03:00 PM
And because multiplayer is fun.

if anybody wants to play the master, me, my gamercard is Lodat225.