PDA

View Full Version : I need to buy a video game system.

TBD
09-26-2007, 09:10 PM
Which one is the best of the current three, and why? I'm very interested in the Wii, but I can't imagine playing Zelda or Mario with those controls. I pretty much like sports games, adventure games, and RPGs. I used to be a huge gamer back in the day but know absolutely nothing now. Nerds, discuss and fight. The Halo thread inspired this, but I hate first person shooters.

HornyPope
09-26-2007, 10:19 PM
Sick a dick.

sKratch
09-26-2007, 10:29 PM
I gotta say, I have generally been underwhelmed by the Wii so far. I think you have to go out of your way to like it, to be perfectly honest. Get a 360.

HornyPope
09-26-2007, 10:34 PM
Tell him to suck a dick.

Edit: please?

TBD
09-26-2007, 10:47 PM
All I really want to do is play world of warcraft.

SkunkIt
09-27-2007, 12:26 AM
Then why waste your money/ time on a console? I'm not really interested in any new consoles, either and barely have time to play them anymore but love that I can watch DVD's on the PS2, also. Also, Zelda isn't worth buying a console over and neither are any more Final Fantasy games, unless they're claimed to be absolutely amazing and I heard Final Fantasy 11 was crap (Did I get the right FF, with the dancing elves?)

Mota Boy
09-27-2007, 02:29 AM
This is an easy one - get a 360. It has a few good games out already, and some very promising ones down the pipeline (Mass Effect, Alan Wake (www.alanwake.com), various RPGs). The Wii is just a gimmick right now. However, fortunately for Nintendo it's been an incredibly successful gimmick, and the vast number of installed systems ensures that there will likely be some incredibly awesome games out for it in a few years, once developers get used to the set-up and begin designing games to take advantage of it.

The only thing that annoys me about the XBOX is that it has a dearth of what I like to refer to as "happy stoner games" - games that are wildly unique and designed to be a blast to play, Katamari Damacy being the ultimate example. However, a Katamari game is coming out for the 360, and Viva Pinata fits that niche too, so there's hope. (However I left my 360 at home, so complaining about content is rather silly).

I'd say the easy choice is to buy a 360 now and wait a couple years for the Wii to come into its own. The PS3 is a dead end.

Mota Boy
09-27-2007, 02:32 AM
Great, now I have the Katamari Damacy tune stuck in my head.

khaaaaan
09-27-2007, 05:03 AM
Halo 3, Bioshock, Oblivion, Mass Effect, Resident Evil 5, Doom 3, Grand Theft Auto 4, Guitar Hero, Rock Band, Gears of War, Borderlands, Dead Space and much more. Seriously, you can't even compare.

but I hate first person shooters.

Enough said.

wheelchairman
09-27-2007, 05:35 AM
The correct answer is: Super Nintendo.

T-6005
09-27-2007, 07:37 AM
Personally, I wouldn't get one of the new ones. I'd get a PS2. The PS3's too damn expensive and it's just not worth it.

jacknife737
09-27-2007, 08:10 AM
It really depends on what you want. Like, if you donít want to spend a lot of money, go with the Wii. Writing the Wii off as a gimmick seems kind of lazy criticism. Sure the graphics arenít as good as the other two systems (but if you really want good graphics, stick with a PC, not a ps3 or 360), and there isnít really a stellar lineup of great games out there for it, but it definitely holds some promising potential. There are some great upcoming games for it (new Metroid, new Mario, and new Smash Broís), and third party support will get better, since developers will have realized how much more popular the Wii is, compared to the other systems. Plus with the Wii, you can download old Nintendo games. One of my housemates has a Wii, and Iíve been pretty impressed with the game play so far, getting used to the controller is incredibly easy. That said however, if I could choose any system (regardless of price) Iíd probably end up buying a 360, just because I really dig its game lineup and it seems to have better online capabilities.

BREAK
09-27-2007, 11:07 AM
The only Wii game I've actually enjoyed so far has been the Mario soccer one. Even that I can't see spending more than a couple of hours a week on.

Just make friends with people who have these systems and be a mooch.

ruroken
09-27-2007, 11:24 AM
The correct answer is: Super Nintendo.

Personally, I wouldn't get one of the new ones. I'd get a PS2. The PS3's too damn expensive and it's just not worth it.
both are qft

If you're set on getting a current gen console, then get the 360. Wii = omg2games1ofwhichisonthegamecubewtf

edit: plus, if you have any friends with a Wii, they'll probably let you borrow it after a while because its so fucking useless at the moment

Sunny
09-27-2007, 11:26 AM
i'd get a wii, but i'm the kinda nerd who enjoys the idea of playing tennis, soccer and doing yoga with a video game system, soo....

also, as ricky said, you can get old nintendo games on it.

as for the wii being boring, that's the opposite of what i heard. my mens has a wii at work and everyone there fucking loves it.

ruroken
09-27-2007, 11:32 AM
That's because it's a party system. With people, it's great. By yourself, it's shit.

Andy
09-27-2007, 11:42 AM
Get a PS2. It's cheap nowadays and they're still releasing games for it. When it's less ridiculously priced, get a PS3.

Or use the money you'd spend on a console and pimp your PC. That's what I intend to do. I only really play football management sims anyway.

Christ, did I actually use the term "pimp your PC"

Sunny
09-27-2007, 11:55 AM
That's because it's a party system. With people, it's great. By yourself, it's shit.

i don't usually play video games by myself (...or sober for that matter), so it sounds good to me. ;p

SaiKYoU
09-27-2007, 11:56 AM
get a 360 or a Wii with a normal control...

but if you want to play WOW, why the hell waste money in a stupid new console that will have a useless lifetime of a couple of years...

mrconeman
09-27-2007, 11:57 AM
Yeah, outside of parties/gatherings I've found the Wii to be extremely boring. It's fun with friends and all that, but alone it's got very dull very fast.

I'm waiting for the PS3 to not be priced so ridiculously, then waiting for some of the games I'd be interested in to come out, then I'll get one. It has all the games that I've been interested in so far, it's online service is free, and it's control pad isn't a faggot (hi, xbox)

I've never liked Xbox. But alot of my friends are virtually obsessed with it, a few of them I tend to think have valid opinions, and prefer it to the PS3/Wii.

JohnnyNemesis
09-27-2007, 11:58 AM
Super Paper Mario was more than enough to keep me occupied by my lonesome while playing the Wii.

0r4ng3
09-27-2007, 04:59 PM
Elebits was fun too, but that's the only game in history to ever give me motion sickness.

Homer
09-27-2007, 05:24 PM
There is only one correct answer: PS3.

Why? Well it has exactly what you're looking for: RPGs, Adventure games, and Sports. Now, someone can come and say "OMG! 360 has all of those too!" Well, yeah it does, but the PS3 does and will have more. The online is also free, and despite what many people say, it's a fine and quality service. The only time I've ever experienced lag online was when I was playing Warhawk on some crappy server someone made.

Also, it's not expensive. Wait, what? How is it not expensive? Well, it DID get a 100 dollar price drop, AND when you go to an EB Games, you can trade any 10 games (except for sports games) in and get another 100 dollars knocked off, giving it a total of 350. Plus, you don't have to pay for online, which is a bonus against a certain other console. If you absolutely need to rush out and get something, then get the 60 gig PS3 with one controller, if not, then wait until 2008, because there will most likely be another price drop, and they're bringing out new controllers with 'touch-sensitive' rumble (meaning it rumbles in different places).

Long post, I know, but we're talking about a quite a bit amount of money here.

Homer
09-27-2007, 06:30 PM
Fail.

The Playstation 3 is horrid. Sure, they claim they dropped the price by $100, but don't you think $500 is still way too much fucking money? And for such a poor consle? However, the price drop isn't what it seems; They lowered the $500 Playstation 3's gigs. Instead of having 80G, the reduced price one has only 60G. Also, the big, exclusive games that came out for the Playstation 3; the ones that are supposed to be very highly polished and great; and very lackluster. These exclusives are Lair, Warhawk, Heavenly Sword, and some others. All of these games ranged from poor to average; not higher. The Playstation 3 is just a steaming pile of goat shit.

The 60 gig PS3 was the original. If anything, they put in a bigger hard drive space with the 80 gig, but that actually doesn't matter since you can put ANY hard-drive you want into the PS3. Warhawk (http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/928383.asp?q=Warhawk) and Heavenly Sword (http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/928391.asp) are reasons to own a PS3. I have played them, you have not.

The Xbox 360 seriously has an amazing game lineup. Games that are already out are: Bioshock, Halo 3, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Doom 3, Guitar Hero 2, and that's just the beginning. The games they have coming out for the Xbox are seriously awesome: Resident Evil 5, Grand Theft Auto 4, Mass Effect, Borderlands, Dead Space, Rock Band, Guitar Hero 3 and Skate, not to mention Tony Hawk's Proving Ground. Also, Xbox Live is an amazing online experience. Scoreboards, leaderboards, microphone communication, it's serious fun.

Halo 3 and Mass Effect are the ONLY exclusives you listed. Bioshock's on the PC (soon to be on PS3), Guitar Hero 2 is on PS2, Doom 3 was on Xbox 1, Elder Scrolls is better on PS3 (it came out a year later on PS3), Rock Band will be cheaper on PS3, since they don't have to pay royalties to Sony to use Bluetooth, etc. You also listed many Shooters, which he said he didn't like all that much.

Also, Borderlands and Dead Space: huh?

So please. Get a 360 so you won't be kicking yourself later.

lawl.

EDIT:
I also refuse to comment on your Wii rant.

TBD
09-27-2007, 06:35 PM
WTF PS3 is 500 bucks don't want that shit.

How much do Xbox and Wii cost?

Guitar Hero is a horrible game and I do not understand its appeal.

I also do not know of any of these games. I do want to play GTA 4. But the Zelda game also interests me, I just don't know how good it could be with those controls.

JohnnyNemesis
09-27-2007, 06:40 PM
[that long ass post]

Holy shit, you're like the ultimate stereotypical 13 year old gamer

nieh
09-27-2007, 06:41 PM
Xbox 360 is $350, wii is $250 and comes with Wii Sports. Also, I only know one person that didn't like the controls for the Zelda game. He said they got old after 20 minutes, but he has the attention span of a fish so it doesn't surprise me at all.

GBH2
09-27-2007, 06:43 PM
buy a 360 and a DS (for less than a PS3)
they're hella tight

and buy oblivion for 360, and you won't need to play any other games for 6 months

Homer
09-27-2007, 06:44 PM
WTF PS3 is 500 bucks don't want that shit.

Reading is your friend.

How much do Xbox and Wii cost?

Xbox 360: Out of the 27 version of the console, the best one is the Elite, which is about... hmm... 500 dollars. While the "original" is about 400. But then you've gotta pay for Live, which is 50 a year, so add that up.

(50)(4 [console's life-span]) + 400 = $600

Wii: About $250.

TBD
09-27-2007, 06:45 PM
I think Wii is Wiining after I heard the prices.

I don't understand why gigs are needed in a video game system.

Is Zelda as good as the other games? I haven't played since Ocarina of Time but fucking loved that game. I'm still having trouble reasoning how that control can not be gimmicky for a deep game though.

Homer
09-27-2007, 06:47 PM
Gigs... as in, hard-drives? Well, because with the PS3, Xbox360 and Wii you can download stuff. With the PS3 you can even "install" most games onto your hard-drive so that the game can load faster.

JohnnyNemesis
09-27-2007, 06:50 PM
Xbox 360: Out of the 27 version of the console, the best one is the Elite, which is about... hmm... 500 dollars.

Most people don't buy the Elite package and you know it.

But then you've gotta pay for Live, which is 50 a year, so add that up.

el oh fucking el.

It's always funny watching PS3 owners start manipulating numbers in all these elaborate ways to make it seem like any other system could possibly come close to the PS3 in price.

Just face it, no one likes your horrible system. As long as YOU like it, though, then that's all that matters.

GBH2
09-27-2007, 06:51 PM
Xbox 360: Out of the 27 version of the console, the best one is the Elite, which is about... hmm... 500 dollars. While the "original" is about 400. But then you've gotta pay for Live, which is 50 a year, so add that up.

stop trying to sell the ps3. it suck-diddly-ucks

base 360 (which i own and it works FINE) is tree-fitty

TBD
09-27-2007, 06:53 PM
Do any of these systems have a new Sim City game out. I want to play one.

JohnnyNemesis
09-27-2007, 06:53 PM
Who the fuck is stupid enough to give a shit what reviewers think? Oh god someone fucking kill me now.

Homer
09-27-2007, 06:56 PM
Most people don't buy the Elite package and you know it.

That's why I used the original.

It's always funny watching PS3 owners start manipulating numbers in all these elaborate ways to make it seem like any other system could possibly come close to the PS3 in price.

K.

Are you saying you don't want online? Because I can get it for free, meaning I don't need to pay an extra 200 bucks for the 4 years that I'll use it.

Just face it, no one likes your horrible system. As long as YOU like it, though, then that's all that matters.

In my experiences, people have been frustrated with their 360's and some are converting to buying a PS3. In fact, I know 3 people (not just random people, people I actually, you know, know) who are going out to buy PS3's with EB Games' deal.

TBD
09-27-2007, 06:56 PM
Yeah seriously. Ultimate Game Players magazine gave Pac Man 2 for the Genesis a low score, but it was a really fucking good game. I enjoyed my 3 day rental. (This was like 12 years ago)

Homer
09-27-2007, 06:59 PM
I use Game Rankings to decide for me whether or not to bother with a game, seeing as how it's an average of pretty much every single review made about the game. Which means there are more opinions.

You can't really compare the online play here; they are different games on both consles, plus the 360 has better online games anyway.

You're still here?

JohnnyNemesis
09-27-2007, 07:00 PM
Are you saying you don't want online? Because I can get it for free, meaning I don't need to pay an extra 200 bucks for the 4 years that I'll use it.

I get it for free too, actually. But it's really not all that important, and not everyone gets it.

But me, I'm not an XBox360 owner mostly because I really really really really don't like the system. I do think it's the best choice for most people, though.

Homer
09-27-2007, 07:04 PM
I get it for free too, actually. But it's really not all that important, and not everyone gets it.

Oh yeah, that's right, you've got a Wii. Woops.

But me, I'm not an XBox360 owner mostly because I really really really really don't like the system. I do think it's the best choice for most people, though.

But we're talking about what's a better decision for TBD. He said he didn't like Shooters, but rather Adventure, RPG, and Sports games, which the PS3 does and will have more of than it's competitors. The Wii will get a lot of games, but only because third party developers will want to cash in on it, unfortunately. Though I'm not saying it won't get any good games.

Also, yeah, many people in this 'ere Western part of the globe will like the 360 more because we likes our shooters.

JohnnyNemesis
09-27-2007, 07:05 PM
True indeed. I still prefer the Wii in this case, but the PS3 has good choices in those areas. The Wii is clearly the best choice for TBD, though.

Homer
09-27-2007, 07:08 PM
Meh, I still say the PS3. But, yeah, it is a close decision.

Yes, but it depends on the quality of the games. If you want an RPG, Oblivion is pretty much as get as it gets. And since it costs less; why not? Mass Effect is also going to be massive, as is Borderlands.

Elder Scrolls is better on PS3 (it came out a year later on PS3)

I also don't understand why you fail to mention Lost Odyssey.

nieh
09-27-2007, 07:52 PM
Why does this guy keep deleting his replies?

TBD
09-27-2007, 10:34 PM
I just bought a Wii. Didn't buy any games yet. Plan on playing Wii Sports for a few days and read reviews of games thoroughly before making a 2nd choice.

JohnnyNemesis
09-28-2007, 12:56 AM
Get Super Paper Mario. It's fantastic!

Get yourself a Gamecube memory card, controller, and a game or two if you can find any/all for cheap.

Llamas
09-28-2007, 02:20 AM
Good call on getting a Wii. I've not been hugely impressed by it, but it sounds like the right system for you.

As for me, I mostly agree with coneman's post. I'd love to get a PS3 at some point... but the cost has to go down more and the library has to grow. It'll be a looong time before I get one. But I hate the Xbox controller and there aren't that many games for it I like. I like more Wii games, but I'm not a big fan of the control in games, the graphics, and the controller that comes with it. I've not tried any "normal" controllers, though. Most of the Wii sports suck, too. I just like bowling and golf.

Omni
09-28-2007, 02:39 AM
Now that I no longer get a new console every birthday and new games every Christmas from my parents, I think I've lost interest in console gaming almost entirely. Those are some expensive mother fuckers, and I'm a pretty cheap mother fucker.

But mother-fucking aside, the Wii is the only console that seems to be cheap enough for my buying, and I'm scared that once the novelty of the new controller wears off, I'll be stuck with GameCube 2.0. Unless the new Paper Mario is the mother of all RPGs, it'd take a little more than that to convince me otherwise.

Mota Boy
09-28-2007, 03:46 AM
Bioshock's on the PC (soon to be on PS3)Oh really? (http://digg.com/gaming_news/Ken_Levine_NO_PS3_BioShock) Please don't go all fanboy on us. It's unseemly.

And TBD - I'd suggest mostly buying Gamecube games for now.

JohnnyNemesis
09-28-2007, 08:43 AM
Price manipulation + inaccurate reports = ultimate fanboyism, no offense Homer.

HI GUYZ> DID U KNO HALO 3 is gunna be on WII!!!?!?

When I saw your post earlier, I couldn't help but think of the guy in the first panel of this strip:

http://i23.tinypic.com/2mffaco.jpg

...though the whole thing is a nice critique of the Wii.

TBD
09-28-2007, 08:50 AM
I still know nothing about the Wii and from what I played yesterday the control does feel gimmicky. When the weekend hits I'm probably going to buy Zelda, as their does not seem to be many options. Or maybe the paper Mario crap.

ruroken
09-28-2007, 08:58 AM
Super Paper Mario was more than enough to keep me occupied by my lonesome while playing the Wii.
Um... wut? No. Great concept; mediocre execution. Boss fights, however, are awesome. But everything in between is soooooo borrriinnnggg

0r4ng3
09-28-2007, 08:59 AM
Most Wii games might not be so great, but just wait for December 3rd. Oh, and keep a Gamecube controller nearby.

ruroken
09-28-2007, 09:14 AM
For realz. First game to actually merit using Wi-Fi (with a Nintendo system).

JohnnyNemesis
09-28-2007, 09:29 AM
blah blah blah blah blah

Quiet, blasphemer.

mrconeman
09-28-2007, 11:26 AM
I find it quite funny when people take shots at each other over game consoles. It's like, I know what I like, and everyone else can know what they like too, why do people get butt hurt over someone preferring a different machine for playing video games?

nieh
09-28-2007, 11:43 AM
BECAUSE THEY'RE WRONG! *h8*

mrconeman
09-28-2007, 11:49 AM
NO UR WRONG!one1! SO LETS CONTINUE THIS DEBATE WITH NUMBERS WHICH HAS NO EFFECT ON PEOPLES OPINIONS THEREFORE KILLING ANY POINT IN ANY DEBATING BUT LETS DO THAT ANYWAY.

T-6005
09-28-2007, 11:51 AM
You kids and your video games.

In my day we made do with sticks and IMAGINATION. And we wiped our asses with leaves, too.

And shoes are also a recent innovation - I don't get why you're all excited. When I was young I wore steel ones.

nieh
09-28-2007, 11:54 AM
When I was a kid, all our shoes did was light up. Now they have shoes with WHEELS on them. Kids don't realize how rough things were back then.

TBD
09-28-2007, 01:05 PM
At least we had that cool shoe with the basketball that we can pump on it.

Homer
09-28-2007, 03:56 PM
Price manipulation + inaccurate reports = ultimate fanboyism, no offense Homer.

I'm saying what I based my decision on. I didn't buy then figure out why I bought it.

Oh really? (http://digg.com/gaming_news/Ken_Levine_NO_PS3_BioShock) Please don't go all fanboy on us. It's unseemly.

Well, the last article I read on the subject was that there was mention of the PS3 in the PC's Readme file. Looks like I'm getting it for PC... when I get a new one.

Llamas
09-28-2007, 04:14 PM
I'm saying what I based my decision on.

No, you were telling TBD why it was the best choice for HIM. You didn't ask him if he wanted to play online or if he wanted the elite package for the xbox. You picked options to make the PS3 sound the best.

Homer
09-28-2007, 04:19 PM
No, you were telling TBD why it was the best choice for HIM. You didn't ask him if he wanted to play online or if he wanted the elite package for the xbox. You picked options to make the PS3 sound the best.

Uh... k. Wait, how am I wrong? Of course I was trying to figure out which was the best console for him, and I chose PS3, but then an ass-load of people came and said "OMG!!1 PS3 is teh expensiv1!" which makes the PS3 sound worse than it is. So, what did I do? Well, I gave my say in how it's not as expensive as people make it out to be. Also, I mentioned exactly what he was looking for, which happened to be in the PS3.

What I said were also factors I used in my decision of buying a PS3.

TBD
09-28-2007, 05:53 PM
Someone tell me their favorite Wii games. Gogogogogogogogoggo.

TBD
09-30-2007, 11:00 AM
My controller stopped working. I don't get it.

Sham
09-30-2007, 11:48 AM
My controller stopped working. I don't get it.

I don't own a Wii myself, but I've played it at my cousins' house. Is the green light on the remote off while the system is on? If it is, then I assume you either need to change the batteries or charge it, or something like that.

platinumpt
10-02-2007, 09:34 AM
An highend PC machine easily owns any console system around. Problem is that not everyone can afford the possibility to invest in the hardware components to keep the machine on high standards. On the other hand, I barely spend money on videogames, since you can easily get them from the internet. That makes up for the investment on the hardware components, at least for me.

There's also another issue, videogame related... the companies don't always release a videogame on very platform. You have Bioshock, for instance, that was only released on XBOX360 and PC... I've heard there were lots of money involved to grant that it'd never come out for the PS3. And, of course, you have HALO. Only recently has HALO2 came out for the PC, and I'm not even sure that HALO3 will ever see the light on PC. PC owners don't lose much though, concerning my (strongly negative) opinion on HALO series, so, no worries. I also remember GTA: San Andreas, which came out firstly on PS2, and only a few months later on PC and XBOX. Still, I stick up for my PC. It is, it always has been, and always will be, the best system on which you can play the most awesome videogames.

HeadAroundU
10-03-2007, 01:03 PM
Riu, in other words, fuck video game systems! PC all the way! :d

platinumpt
10-03-2007, 01:08 PM
Riu, in other words, fuck video game systems! PC all the way! :d
Indeed. I see you got my point :)

TBD
10-04-2007, 05:26 PM
I'm bored of my system already. Games suck.

Homer
10-04-2007, 06:49 PM
Lawl, exactly how I felt when I bought my Wii. But don't worry, Super Mario Galaxy and I think Smash Bros. are coming out this year.

Sham
11-01-2007, 01:05 PM
I just got a Wii about a couple of weeks ago, so I just though I would update instead of making a new thread.

I'm selling it to get a 360. I firmly regret the decision to buy it. I was lured in by promosing titles, but Twilight Princess is booooring and I don't want to waste anymore money. I know some people love it, and that's fine: but I think people should just reconsider.

Also, like others have said, i hate the phrase "hardcore gamers". But even worse is the phrase "casual gamers". UGH. When I was seven I was playing Mario 64, and Ocarina of Time. There's no reason why a young kid has to play painfully simple shit. I'm not saying Nintendo's saying that, I'm saying that is what a lot of people think and it's really starting to bother me.

Same for older people. The average gamer is 36 years old. Many 40 year olds play, there's no reason why they can't learn either...

I read Gamespot and Gamefaqs sometimes, and I sware the people on there have some sort of condition. Their stupitidy baffles me.

wheelchairman
11-01-2007, 02:23 PM
No you see the problem with hardcore gamers is this:

They care about really stupid minutiae, and they turn this minutiae into colossally pointless issues.

JohnnyNemesis
11-01-2007, 02:26 PM
I'm with wheelchairman on this one. Caring about really stupid minutiate is fine; I actually support that because I know I'm a dork when it comes to lots of things (Scrabble, for instance).

Turning those things into colossally pointless or annoying issues is fucking frustrating as all hell. Especially using those things as a barometer if anything at all.

Sham
11-01-2007, 02:33 PM
Well, the reason I turned it into something big was because I already spent money on it; I was pretty upset.

By the way, how much do you think I could sell the Wii for, with everything included, plus Twilight Princess and an extra controller?

Someone told me 300, but that sounds kinda high...

wheelchairman
11-01-2007, 02:36 PM
Oh I wasn't referring to you at all. I'm not used to someone actually claiming to be a hardcore gamer, I'm used to it being an insult. I suppose the problem with being proud of being a hardcore gamer is that you're proud of an activity that keeps you indoors, disconnected from the real world, AND makes you truly annoying to be around when you talk about it all the time.

sKratch
11-01-2007, 03:11 PM
I gotta say, I have generally been underwhelmed by the Wii so far. I think you have to go out of your way to like it, to be perfectly honest. Get a 360.

I'm bored of my system already. Games suck.

Sup dood ;[

Lodat225
11-01-2007, 03:17 PM
OH MAN!

Being at home, playing a video game?

Oh shit. You suck. Go outside and then you're cool like the rest of us who play super nintendo and can't afford shit!

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. i love you guys. so much.

khaaaaan
11-01-2007, 03:25 PM
and can't afford shit!

I'm sorry... what? Are you serious?

Lodat225
11-01-2007, 03:42 PM
Nope. Obviously not, actually. (I think) he has his own apartment.

TBD
11-01-2007, 06:29 PM
Haven't touched it in 3 weeks. Fucking waste of money.

JohnnyNemesis
11-01-2007, 06:33 PM
Hm. I have my Wii and I love it, but I haven't turned it on in months because I'm just waaaaaaaaaaay too busy for it. I still love it.

By the time I ever have time to play it again, all the awesome games I want will finally be released. So, yeah, PRNK N all of U who are going through this drought.

TBD
11-01-2007, 06:38 PM
Gary Sheffield doesn't think Derek Jeter is black.

JohnnyNemesis
11-01-2007, 06:42 PM
He aint all the way black.

TBD
11-01-2007, 06:44 PM
Neither is Sheffield. I don't see any people in Darfur that light.

0r4ng3
11-01-2007, 06:49 PM
Wait, what?

Anyway, those of you bored with your Wiis, just wait until February 10. Then you'll never need another console ever again.

Sham
11-01-2007, 06:52 PM
Brawl is most likely going to be one of the greatest games of all time, but it's a loss I'm willing to take. My friend is going totally horny over it, so I'll most likely be playing it a lot at his house. Galaxy looks alright, to be honest it really doesn't look like anything special to me. Animal Crossing, which is coming out in 2008, is pretty exciting, but I played previous AC games for a week then never touched them again. However, I guess you can say there are some good games for the Wii, and I'm happy for anyone that feels that way.

Nintendo has been constantly saying that the Wii is going to be the next step of video games, but I don't really believe that. Moving your wrists gets pretty annoying after awhile, and it takes some of the fun out of games like Zelda, where swinging the sword is pretty tedious. I just think the Wii is standard, but the new controller gives it a coat of fools' gold paint. And if I seriously wanted to excercise, I would get outside.

Also, I know it has been said that being insecure about how games seem like they are made for kids is stupid. But I don't think it's insecurity. Games like Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime (it even has the word "damn" in it) and Brawl are steps in the right direction, but sometimes you just want mature, realistic storylines. BioShock is said to be more like a science fiction novel that toally immurses you into a demented underwater utopia. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion puts you in perhaps the biggest world of any video game created, and with a total of over 5,000 characters, you really feel like you are there. The games just seem to have much more depth in gameplay.

I will admit, I do often times get annoyed when I'm playing my Wii, and cute, unrealistic figures stare back at me. It's not an incredible annoyance, but it is something that I wish was just scrapped. Everyone says that the Wii is for pure, unadultured fun, but how much of that can you really take? A small mini-game isn't necessarily what I would call fun, but rather a pleaseant devision from something else.

I know this was long, but I think the Wii is being marketed in a rather misleading light, and I don't want people to be dissapointed like I was.

Homer
11-01-2007, 06:57 PM
Oh shit, I forgot I had a Wii.

the_offsprings_monkey
11-09-2007, 12:05 PM
I ain't seen one mention of the PSP yet! I fucking love mine! It's pretty much a PS2 you can carry in your pocket and play whenever, which is important for me as I travel alot. Also there's alot of great games, Wi-Fi Internet access and wide screen movie playback on it. Well that's my personal preferance anyways!

Lodat225
11-09-2007, 12:18 PM
We're talking about systems not handhelds.

JohnnyNemesis
11-09-2007, 12:26 PM
And also because it fucking sucks.

the_offsprings_monkey
11-09-2007, 12:28 PM
We're talking about systems not handhelds.

It may be a handheld, but I've always classed my PSP as a system due to what it can do.

khaaaaan
11-09-2007, 01:34 PM
Well, nobody else does. And that's why it hasn't been mentioned. To answer your question.

GBH2
11-09-2007, 02:42 PM
And also because it fucking sucks.

spoken by someone who doesn't own one(?)

i actually like my psp. if there are games that are ports between it and console, i often lean towards the psp because of its portable nature. games like madden, burnout, and gta kick ass.

that's not to say i would consider it a console in the same sense as my 360 though.

F@ BANKZ
11-09-2007, 02:46 PM
I consider the PSP a console, though I still use a PS2 so I suppose my opinion is completely invalid. Graphically it is more capable than the PS2 which is still releasing new games.

JohnnyNemesis
11-09-2007, 04:09 PM
spoken by someone who doesn't own one(?)

This assumption has always been my pet peeve, simply because it usually makes no fucking sense whatsoever. But at least you had the good sense to form it in at least half-question form, so I'll answer:

I had a PSP for about a year and a half or so, fucking hated it about 6 months in, then I sold it. So yeah, I guess that makes me "qualified" or whatever.

ps. Someone doesn't have to "own one" to know what they're talking about. They just have to have some sort of prolonged experience with one, preferably at the system/console's peak. Ideally, something like a friend owning one and you playing for something like 10 hours over the course of a few weeks or something like that; not checking it out at Gamestop or whatever.

mrconeman
11-09-2007, 04:13 PM
I generally agree, but those clever devils at Square or Sony decided it would be a great idea to release a PSP exclusive Final Fantasy 7 prequel, and its sales rocketed in Japan, I'm tempted to get one myself for that game (yes, fan boy bla bla bla), and a couple other things that caught a fleeting interest.

GBH2
11-11-2007, 10:36 AM
ps. Someone doesn't have to "own one" to know what they're talking about. They just have to have some sort of prolonged experience with one, preferably at the system/console's peak.

well that's essentially what i meant. though i might dispute 10 hours as being enough time to experience all it has to offer.