PDA

View Full Version : Cannibal Holocaust

Jakebert
10-02-2007, 11:21 AM
So, I've been looking for this online but haven't been able to find it on any of my usual movie watching sites. Anyone have any links where I could watch this?

nieh
10-02-2007, 11:30 AM
I found it on a few sites a couple months ago but when I started watching it I realized it was a German dub so it was kind of worthless for me.

H1T_That
10-02-2007, 11:41 AM
Cannibal Holocaust sounds like it will be kinda lame.

I'd love to be proven wrong though.

Jakebert
10-02-2007, 11:48 AM
It's supposed to be the most controversial movie ever made.

Andy
10-02-2007, 12:02 PM
Cannibal Holocaust

Never happened.

nieh
10-02-2007, 12:04 PM
I'm expecting it to not be as bad as its reputation. It was probably more controversial because of how it was shot (actually killing animals on camera) than the content. I know the content was part of it as well, but I have a feeling that may be less shocking now than it was when it was first made.

Jakebert
10-02-2007, 12:17 PM
I've heard mixed opinions on it, I've heard both that it's a great movie in it;s own right and that it's terrible.

Rag Doll
10-02-2007, 12:35 PM
my dad owns it. if i were more technologically inclined, i would figure out a way to get it on my computer. however... =\

i refuse to watch it though. no desire to see animals die for reals.

Jakebert
10-02-2007, 12:46 PM
Yeah, I'm not sure how I feel about that. I don't know if I can watch the whole thing, which is why I don't want to pay the money to rent it.

nieh
10-02-2007, 12:52 PM
i refuse to watch it though. no desire to see animals die for reals.

You don't even want to see it when it's pretend.

jacknife737
10-02-2007, 12:54 PM
I haven't seen it, but from what i've read its just a horribly made exploitation flick which depicts natives in a racist manner, and actually kills animals for the sake of “shock value”. Plus i have no idea how people can consider these types of films "entertainment". *gets down off of the soapbox*

Rag Doll
10-02-2007, 12:56 PM
You don't even want to see it when it's pretend.

very true. so i definitely wouldn't wanna see it if it's real =\

Bazza
10-02-2007, 01:33 PM
I've downloaded it from a torrent site before, but never fully watched it. It is probably only controversial because of the scenes involving animals (ie, the slicing off of a monkeys face and the killing and dissecting of a turtle for eating). Just search on mininova or another torrent search site, it'll be there.

Jakebert
10-02-2007, 06:14 PM
I've downloaded it from a torrent site before, but never fully watched it. It is probably only controversial because of the scenes involving animals (ie, the slicing off of a monkeys face and the killing and dissecting of a turtle for eating). Just search on mininova or another torrent search site, it'll be there.

Originally, there was controversy over whether or not it was a snuff film.

Bazza
10-03-2007, 01:06 AM
That was to do with the woman and the pole right? The director only cleared his name because he managed to find the actress (I think?).

H1T_That
10-03-2007, 10:39 AM
Cannibal Holocaust's repz just went up in my book. I want to see it now.

Jakebert
10-03-2007, 11:10 AM
That was to do with the woman and the pole right? The director only cleared his name because he managed to find the actress (I think?).

Yes. The way the movie was marketed, plus how real that scene looked made people think that she was actually killed.

the hitcher
10-03-2007, 01:46 PM
In 1984 alot of these films were banned
in the late 90s they started to resuface a lot of hype was built
round cannibal holacoust and others like cannibal ferox
and i just got to see the two this year.

I am a die hard horror fan and me and my brother
are special fx guys and found both films a dissapointment.

In other words if you havent seen it
your not missing much

nieh
10-03-2007, 01:50 PM
I don't think people watch it for the special effects...

Jakebert
10-03-2007, 02:31 PM
Plus, it's a horror movie. Horror movies don't have to be gross and heavy on special effects in order to be scary. That's just a misconception created by the morons that thought Saw was the greatest horror movie ever.

the hitcher
10-03-2007, 02:38 PM
you've got me wrong pals
i just ment about getting hyped up about the cannibal films
and i know that fx aren't every thing in a scary movie.
I was just saying that they are better horror films from
that era

Jakebert
10-03-2007, 02:45 PM
Please learn to
type your posts are
very hard to re
ad.

the hitcher
10-03-2007, 03:42 PM
Please learn to
type your posts are
very hard to re
ad.

Everyone makes mistakes when writing a post, but i find that quite patronizing when you say it like that with the re
ad. If this wasn't intended then take no notice of this but it didn't sound good to me.

So for those of you who are having trouble reading the post here it is again,

you've got me wrong
i just mean don't get hyped up about those cannibal films,
and i know that the special fx isn't everything in a horror movie but
I was just saying that they are other horror films from that time that are better.

Jakebert
10-03-2007, 03:52 PM
Once again
You've typed in the annoying "i'm
going to start new lines after every
sentance"
thing.
Stop.
Take some time to think.
Figure out what's important to you.

the hitcher
10-03-2007, 04:07 PM
Once again
You've typed in the annoying "i'm
going to start new lines after every
sentance"
thing.
Stop.
Take some time to think.
Figure out what's important to you.

So sorry i didn't realize this was an English lesson.

Sham
10-03-2007, 04:09 PM
So sorry i didn't realize this was an English lesson.

Of course you didn't, you don't even know what English is. :/

the hitcher
10-03-2007, 04:26 PM
Damn your smart it must have taken you hours to think of that one. Try telling it to someone who isn't from the UK.

coke_a_holic
10-03-2007, 05:00 PM
No, fucking really.

Stop. Take some time to think. Figure out what's important to you. You've got to make a serious decision.

Homer
10-03-2007, 05:24 PM
Damn your smart it must have taken you hours to think of that one. Try telling it to someone who isn't from the UK.

Holy shit, you're from the UK? I honestly was not expecting that. I was thinking you were from South America, or just someplace where English isn't the official language.

BREAK
10-03-2007, 05:50 PM
Homer, these forums have proven time and time again that the worst English speakers in the world reside in the UK.

Go. Act immediately, without rumination. Conform to ideas and concepts other people hold in high regard.

H1T_That
10-04-2007, 02:27 PM
That's just a misconception created by the morons that thought Saw was the greatest horror movie ever.

Zomg, SAW is liek the bestest horrer evaar.

P.S i love the stop, take time etc etc etc references in this thread. <3