PDA

View Full Version : Futurama - Benders Big Score trailer...

mrconeman
10-07-2007, 03:55 AM
Stolen from another forum and all, but I'm supposing it's just new, theres some stuff I'd seen, and some stuff I hadn't.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNYtLJsUOAk

Stranger With Candy
10-07-2007, 04:32 AM
To bad its straight to DVD, it would have been fun to see Futurama on the big screen.

H1T_That
10-07-2007, 06:10 AM
That didn't look funny in the slightest. Shame.

F@ BANKZ
10-07-2007, 06:46 AM
No, really didn't, apart from that bit at the end =-P

That_Guy91
10-07-2007, 07:49 PM
I thought parts of it were funny, but about 85% of it doesn't seem to live up to the show.

Jakebert
10-07-2007, 07:58 PM
The stuff made specifically for the trailer (the first half with the BOX network) was really funny. But the actual footage from the movie was really weak and unfunny. The thing with Fry's ass was just horrible.

WebDudette
10-07-2007, 08:30 PM
Movies ruin everything :(:(:(.

0r4ng3
10-07-2007, 08:33 PM
You guys are so pessimistic. It's just a trailer. A small, out-of-context fraction of a movie. Don't worry so much. It'll be awesome.

Jakebert
10-07-2007, 08:36 PM
You guys are so pessimistic. It's just a trailer. A small, out-of-context fraction of a movie. Don't worry so much. It'll be awesome.

I would normally agree with that, but I've read a few synopsis's of the plot. It generally looks pretty lame.

mrconeman
10-08-2007, 06:49 AM
I normally don't trust trailers, but yeah, this hasn't gotten me excited at all.

Autonomist
10-08-2007, 06:57 AM
What Futurama plot actually looks good on paper? I remain hopeful it'll live up to the show.

0r4ng3
11-20-2007, 01:10 PM
Bender's Big Score! (http://uk.youtube.com/user/spituto)

Separated into 9 parts. Watch it quick before it gets removed or something.

Jakebert
11-20-2007, 02:17 PM
I just sat staring in front of the computer for a good 5 minutes trying to decide whether I wanted to watch it online or not.

I've decided that I will just wait until I buy it.

0r4ng3
11-20-2007, 02:21 PM
I'll try not to reveal any spoilers in the meantime.

Jakebert
11-20-2007, 02:55 PM
Yeah, I don't want any spoilers. But what would you give it out of five?

0r4ng3
11-20-2007, 04:16 PM
I would, of course, give it a 10. Out of 5.

Jakebert
11-20-2007, 04:19 PM
Jesse, those numbers don't make any sense.

0r4ng3
11-20-2007, 04:20 PM
They'll make sense when you see it for yourself.

Jakebert
11-20-2007, 04:25 PM
So those were spoilers?

Homer
11-20-2007, 04:33 PM
I watched just up until the opening credits, then closed it.

It's good.

0r4ng3
11-20-2007, 05:37 PM
So those were spoilers?
No, that wasn't a reference to it or anything. I just liked it that much.

Jebus
11-20-2007, 05:52 PM
Needed more Seymour tbh.

****SPOILER ALERT*****

I found a time paradox that's bugging the hell out of me. So now we know that bender and Fry traveled into the past and everything that happened in the movie actually did happened while the "original" Fry was frozen. We know this to be true by how bender destroyed the city (which was shown in the pilot) and how Seymour was preserved. What am trying to get at is... so Seymour never really died of loneliness and he didn't really wait for fry for all those years? Is my avatar now pointless?

0r4ng3
11-20-2007, 06:12 PM
*SPOILER ALERT*

Well, the universe also gets destroyed at the end, so I'm not exactly sure how canonical this movie really is.

Actually, at the end of Jurassic Bark, Seymour may not have even died at that very scene. Maybe he just fell asleep or something. I always wondered why he was fossilized while standing, if the episode ended with him laying down.

Jebus
11-20-2007, 06:40 PM
****Spoiler*****

Well, we didn't actually see the universe get destroyed and I do believe there will be another movie after this which will probably explain how it's saved.

Also, Jurassic Bark wouldn't even tie in with the movie at all because his family and Seymour don't ever see fry again in that episode, but they do in the movie.

You know, I actually have like 3-5 more paragraphs of stuff to say about this and I even have ideas from the episode about Fry's astronaut nephew that might help explain these paradoxes. BUT, I'm geeking it up too much and I feel silly.

0r4ng3
11-20-2007, 06:50 PM
Hey, I don't care if you geek out. I'm sure it would be an interesting read.

Jebus
11-20-2007, 07:17 PM
I guess Futurama isn't meant to be like Heros/Lost with all those lose ends with twists and turns, but the futurama writers do tend to think things out thoroughly and things you originally didn't think to have a purpose do end up having one. Like the nibbler shadow in the pilot and fry being his own grandfather. Makes me think these plot inconsistencies will end up being explained somehow in the future episodes. Also, I probably have rewatch these old episodes to make sure my theories don't end up just being wishfull thinking and I'm not mixing some stuff up.

and if you haven't seen this
http://usuarios.lycos.es/bbrp/mathematics.html

0r4ng3
11-20-2007, 07:25 PM
I sort of knew about most of those, from Wikipedia. Why were some of them in Spanish near the end?

ruroken
11-26-2007, 10:44 AM
I've decided that I will just wait until I buy it.
Not worth it. I has a download link if anybody wants it. 717mb WS (perfect rip)

It has some really funny parts, but most of the new characters were really annoying.

edit;

Needed more Seymour

I guess Futurama isn't meant to be like Heros/Lost with all those lose ends with twists and turns, but the futurama writers do tend to think things out thoroughly and things you originally didn't think to have a purpose do end up having one
Such as with Lars. I really like what they did with that.

...spoiler alert, I suppose (still?)...

I thought they were just being lazy and using the same voice actor. Assuming, of course, that he couldn't do a better job of sounding different.

ps; moar seymour ftw

Stranger With Candy
11-26-2007, 10:49 AM
I loved the movie. Not as good as The Simpsons movie but still great. Im gonna buy the DVD.

ruroken
11-26-2007, 10:52 AM
The problem with it is that its only for people who love the show. A lot of the best jokes are self-referances.

Jakebert
12-25-2007, 05:36 PM
So I got it for Christmas, and finally watched it. And honestly, I'm not that impressed. It was funny, but the plot seemed off to me. It kind of felt like they were trying a little too hard at a few points and crammed way too much into it. Fry/Lars was a good idea that I really want to see played out in the next movie, or we at least see the aftermath of Leela realizing what happened gone into in depth.

The other thing I didn't like is that there were a bunch of points that seemed like the movie was wrapping up then they would suddenly jump to another conflict. Doing this once is okay, but they did it like 3 times. Also, Santa Claus was pretty pointless. He felt very forced in.