PDA

View Full Version : Limp Bizkit

Autonomist
10-07-2007, 05:45 AM
So, does anyone else REALLY like Limp Bizkit?

Obviously you don't approach their music expecting to be blown away by their overall talent and creativity. But I think they're great at times when I feel the music I'm listening to is way too pretentious and takes itself so seriously. They're also great when you're feeling hyperactive and need something to jump around to, and there's a good laugh to be found here and there.

My favourite track by them would be the obvious classic Rollin. Other than that I really like Hot Dog, Break Stuff, Livin' It Up and Boiler. I like to pretend that everything that came out after Chocolate Starfish doesn't exist however, in particular the attempt at music that was Behind Blue Eyes.

Stranger With Candy
10-07-2007, 05:49 AM
Ladies and gentlemen!
Introducing the Chocolate Starfish!
and the Hotdog Flavored Water
Bring it on!
Get the fuck up!
Yeah!
Check, one, two

Listen up, listen up!
Here we go
It's a fucked up world
A fucked up place
Everybody's judged by their fucked up face
Fucked up dreams
Fucked up life
A fucked up kid
With a fucked up knife
Fucked up moms
And fucked dads
It's a fucked up a cop
With a fucked up badge
Fucked up job
With fucked up pay
And a fucked up boss
Is a fucked up pain
Fucked up press
And fucked up lies
Well, Lethal's in the back
With the fact of the fires

Hey, it's on
Everybody knows it's on
Hey, it's on
Everybody knows it's on

Ain't it a shame that you can't say "Fuck"
Fuck's just a word
And it's all fucked up
Like a fucked up punk
With a fucked up mouth
A nine inch nail
I'll get knocked the fuck out
Fucked up aids
From fucked up sex
Fake ass titties
On a fucked up chest
We're all fucked up
So whatcha wanna do?
We fucked up me
And fucked up you

You wanna fuck me like an animal
You'd like to burn me on the inside
You like to think that I'm a perfect drug
Just know that nothing you do
Will bring you closer to me

Ain't life a bitch?
A fucked up bitch
A fucked up sore with a fucked up stitch
A fucked up head
Is a fucked up shame
Swinging on my nuts
Is a fucked up game
Jealousy filling up a fucked up mind
It's real fucked up
Like a fucked up crime
If I say "Fuck", two more times
That's fourty six "Fucks" in this fucked up rhyme

It's on
Everybody knows it's on
Hey, it's on
Everybody knows it's on

Hooo Haaa Haaaw!
Listen up baby
You.. can't.. bring.. me.. (bring me).. down
I.. don't.. think.. so
I don't want some
You.. better.. check.. your.. (check it).. self
Before.. you.. wreck.. your.. self
Kiss.. my.. star.. fish
My.. choco.. late.. Starfish.. punk
Kiss.. my.. star.. fish
My.. choco.. late.. Starfish.. punk

nameless
10-09-2007, 02:31 PM
i think theyt are a talented group and have some good songs but im not majorly into them but at the same time i dont have anything against them!

nieh
10-09-2007, 02:40 PM
I liked a handful of their songs in high school but grew to hate the band as a whole (especially Fred Durst). The only ones I still like at all are Break Stuff (SL:DKGgsgdal;skfng ANGST!) and Rearranged, which sounds almost like a more marijuana infused version of Primus. Funny that this thread should pop up now since I just downloaded the album by Wes Borland's newer band the other night (Josh Freese is on drums!) since he's the only member that ever actually interested me in any way (he sounds kind of like a more metally Ler LaLonde a lot of the time). I haven't listened to it yet though.

killer_queen
10-09-2007, 03:14 PM
I like to pretend that everything that came out after Chocolate Starfish doesn't exist
That's what I do. Actually I haven't even listened their works after chocolate starfish and I'm not planning to do it. I like Limp Bizkit, I really do. I even like Fred Durst but the albums I have are enough for me. I don't think I would buy even if they make a really awesome album.

HeadAroundU
10-09-2007, 04:16 PM
Funny that this thread should pop up now since I just downloaded the album by Wes Borland's newer band the other night (Josh Freese is on drums!)
hmmm....I have to check it...

My favourite songs: Rearranged, No Sex, My Way, My Generation.

Smash punker
02-18-2008, 05:27 AM
They are not so bad. My generation...:D

H1T_That
02-18-2008, 08:37 AM
In actual fact, their last album The Unquestionable Truth was pretty decent.

Jakebert
02-18-2008, 08:58 AM
I've been doing good at not entering threads just to criticize bands, but Limp Bizkit? Really?

T-6005
02-18-2008, 09:00 AM
Like several other bands I've been known to listen to, I can enjoy Limp Bizkit quite a bit if in the mood, mostly because I don't ever listen to lyrics. Occasionally they pop up in my head and then I have to turn the song.

JohnnyNemesis
02-18-2008, 09:34 AM
I used to like Limp Bizkit when I was 12 years old, then I stopped listening to them completely when "Significant Other" came out.

So recently, I downloaded a bunch of their hits to find out whether I'd like the band or hate them, and in turns out I really fucking hate them. I do like the songs Counterfeit, Pollution, Sour, and Boiler though. And Rearranged.

holland25
02-18-2008, 09:42 AM
In actual fact, their last album The Unquestionable Truth was pretty decent.

Well, it's your opinion. I hate The Unquestionable Truth. The songs are pretty repetitive and don't sound like Limp Bizkit at all. The desperate try to make one more album before fading out...

Llamas
02-18-2008, 11:28 AM
I liked a handful of their songs in high school but grew to hate the band as a whole (especially Fred Durst). The only ones I still like at all are Break Stuff (SL:DKGgsgdal;skfng ANGST!) and Rearranged, which sounds almost like a more marijuana infused version of Primus. Funny that this thread should pop up now since I just downloaded the album by Wes Borland's newer band the other night (Josh Freese is on drums!) since he's the only member that ever actually interested me in any way (he sounds kind of like a more metally Ler LaLonde a lot of the time). I haven't listened to it yet though.

What is the name of the band?? I wanna hear.

Wes Borland was easily the most talented member of Limp Bizkit. I enjoyed Limp Bizkit for the Three Dollar Bill, Y'all, and I also liked Significant Other. I didn't bother with the albums after that til years later, when I downloaded them all. The two or three after SO were shit, but the Unquestionable Truth was intriguing. However, it sounded like a desperate attempt to sound like Rage, and Fred Durst annoyed me more than other on that album. Sometimes I get the urge to listen to them here and there, and I'll throw on either $3 or SO, and get a few songs in before remembering why I don't listen to them anymore.

HeadAroundU
02-18-2008, 11:39 AM
What is the name of the band?? I wanna hear.
http://www.myspace.com/blacklightburns <3

JohnnyNemesis
02-18-2008, 11:44 AM
Wes Borland was easily the most talented member of Limp Bizkit.

'Scuse me?

Dead Kennedy
02-18-2008, 11:54 AM
i think they suck.
thank you

nieh
02-18-2008, 11:56 AM
'Scuse me?

Are you implying that he's not talented or that you think someone else in the band was moreso?

JohnnyNemesis
02-18-2008, 11:57 AM
After thinking about it, I actually think she's right. He is the most talented member of the band. But he always struck me as particularly untalented generally. I never listened to anything he did outside of Limp Bizkit though, so I should reserve further judgment. But his work in Limp Bizkit was always below average, it seems.

Llamas
02-18-2008, 12:02 PM
After thinking about it, I actually think she's right. He is the most talented member of the band. But he always struck me as particularly untalented generally. I never listened to anything he did outside of Limp Bizkit though, so I should reserve further judgment. But his work in Limp Bizkit was always below average, it seems.

I'm not positive, but I believe that Durst wrote the music for the band, so Borland wasn't given much of an opportunity to explore within. That said, I always thought his work in the band was more interesting than anyone else's, and when I used to like them, I'd watch live performances... he was the only one who really seemed to know what he was doing or have any talent. The little of sidework I've heard from him was also good, which is why I want to hear this band Josh was talking about.

nieh
02-18-2008, 12:09 PM
The little of sidework I've heard from him was also good, which is why I want to hear this band Josh was talking about.

HAU posted a link to their myspace and made a thread about them a few months ago. I was disappointed when I actually listened to their album because they seemed pretty bland for the most part.

Llamas
02-18-2008, 02:05 PM
Huh... it is kinda bland. I like it, but it's nothing super special. It kind of reminds me of Orgy. Is that really weird?

mrconeman
02-18-2008, 02:07 PM
The musicians in the band were actually kinda solid players, it's just a shame they wrote such awful, awful, unspeakable music. With such an awful, awful unspeakable person as a frontman.

Autonomist
02-18-2008, 07:36 PM
My surprise at seeing this thread bumped is plesant.

And Fred Durst is very obviously the most talented member of the band. C'mon, look at him shred! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UQ_ZhC-1CU)

So, does anyone else REALLY like Limp Bizkit?

I feel the need to specify that by this I meant "Do you actually like them?" not "Do you really really like them?"

Jakebert
02-18-2008, 07:42 PM
I really hope that was intentional, because if not I am severly depressed.

bd007h
02-18-2008, 07:46 PM
They're ok. Nothing special. Their last album seemed too Wannabe Rage Against the Machine, though.

Llamas
02-18-2008, 07:54 PM
And Fred Durst is very obviously the most talented member of the band. C'mon, look at him shred! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UQ_ZhC-1CU)

Holy shit... that seemed 100% serious and real. He never should have picked up a guitar... that was disgusting.

Jakebert
02-18-2008, 08:02 PM
No one in Limp Bizkit should have picked up any instruments ever, regardless of side projects or whatever else has been said in this thread. They're easily one of the top 5 worst bands to come out in the last 20-25 years, and possibly in the top 10 worst of all time.

Like Ricky, I listened to them when I was like 12 and thought they were amazing. I listened to them again about a year ago because I was feeling nostalgic, and seriously hated myself for a few days for ever spending money on their merchandise. Awful, awful music that I would point to when asked to give an example of shallow, retarded music made by talentless hacks.

The worst part is that they're not even just blandly bad like Third Eye Blind, Nickleback, 3 Doors Down, ect, who even though they suck, really don't bother me that much because they're so forgettable. It seems like they try to be as unlistenable as humanly possible, because I honestly can't think of any other reason anyone would record a song like "Break Stuff" or "Rollin'".

coke_a_holic
02-18-2008, 08:07 PM
1, 2, 3 times 2 to the 6
Jonesin' for your fix
Of the Limp Bizkit mix
So where the fuck you at?
Punk, shut the fuck up
And back the fuck up
Before we fuck this track up.

JohnnyNemesis
02-18-2008, 08:14 PM
1, 2, 3 times 2 to the 6
Jonesin' for your fix
Of the Limp Bizkit mix

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i146/effinyankee/HowFreshSpiderman.jpg

coke_a_holic
02-18-2008, 08:25 PM
YES, THERE IT IS!

I didn't have a direct link to that strip (only the one with all of the strips together), but it needed to be posted.

mrconeman
02-19-2008, 07:41 AM
Holy shit... that seemed 100% serious and real. He never should have picked up a guitar... that was disgusting.

It's entirely serious, there's also another video of him playing, some guy shows him how to play barre chords, which is one of the most basic things any guitarist will ever do, and Fred is like amazed and the skill and knowledge, it's hilarious.

I suggest everyone checks out Shred Durst: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0PbOk6GgmY&feature=related

HornyPope
02-19-2008, 09:49 AM
hmmm....I have to check it...

My favourite songs: Rearranged, No Sex, My Way, My Generation.

Those used to my faves from the band.

I'm re-listening Rearranged for the first time in... four years? It's not... bad. But I can't say I experience any sort of emotions when I listen to the song, which is true about 90% of the music I hear today anyways.

Edit: actually, I'm pretty positive I never liked My Way or My Generation. I think I mixed the titles...

Llamas
02-19-2008, 04:47 PM
This thread inspired me to listen to Limp Bizkit for old time's sake. I put on the four songs I have from "The Unquestionable Truth". It actually would be pretty decent, if A) I wasn't already conditioned to hate Fred Durst and his voice, and B) Rage Against the Machine hadn't already done the same music only with better vocals.
After these songs, I have $3 Bill Y'all queued... I haven't listened to that in like 8 years. Oh boy.

Autonomist
02-19-2008, 09:13 PM
I suggest everyone checks out Shred Durst: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0PbOk6GgmY&feature=related

Haha I know this person! He's a former radio personality, I use to talk him on MSN every now and then years ago.

BREAK
02-19-2008, 10:08 PM
I like to think that Meth wrote Fred's verses for "N 2gether Now", because there's no way the shit head could flow that well on his own. I wonder if he regrets that collaboration to this day.

JohnnyNemesis
02-20-2008, 12:19 AM
I like to think that Meth wrote Fred's verses for "N 2gether Now", because there's no way the shit head could flow that well on his own.

I've been saying this for almost 10 years!

cool 2 hate 681
09-25-2008, 06:02 AM
Limp Bizkit apparently are on the comeback trail, with former Cold/Evanescence guitarist Terry Balsamo reportedly stepping in for longtime axeman Wes Borland. "Yes, it has been a while. But a while worth the wait," singer Fred Durst writes in a recent online post. "It is getting very close to time to drop the Bizkit on the universe."

lets just hope they record some demos and that's it