PDA

View Full Version : I tried beer for the first time today.

Sham
10-07-2007, 06:12 PM
My grandfather had a beer today, so I asked him if I could have a sip. It was a Samuel Adams original, I think. I didn't like the taste very much, it tasted really dry and it was kind've like the little bit of wine I've tasted. But I guess it's because this is the first time I've tried alchohol, but every time I took a sip I just got a little pukey. I'm underage, by the way.

All About Eve
10-07-2007, 06:22 PM
omg punx.

post script: Beer is nasty.

wheelchairman
10-07-2007, 06:34 PM
Beer is an acquired but overall divine taste.

Underage drinking is repulsive.

coke_a_holic
10-07-2007, 06:34 PM
the truest of punx!

post script: I agree with AAE's post script.
post-post script: I think we all could have figured you were underage, dude. Or at least, we could've by the nature of the thread.

TBD
10-07-2007, 06:36 PM
Congratulations. In 2 years you will be in rehab.

T-6005
10-07-2007, 06:57 PM
Wine is a much more acquired and divine taste.

Jakebert
10-07-2007, 07:05 PM
College student 101.
http://www.ratebeer.com/beerimages/full_size/495.jpg

Llamas
10-07-2007, 07:05 PM
I agree with T.

I liked most of the beers I tried in Europe, especially white beers.

American beers are gross. :(

wheelchairman
10-07-2007, 07:13 PM
The best American beers would be micro-brewed. The Brooklyn Beers are pretty popular.

I like wines, but it's not as hard to get into wine as it is into beer. Besides wine may be good for dinner parties and movies, but otherwise it's a bit out of place. Unless you're a bunch of 20 something women trying to act like 30 something women.

So are you Thi?

T-6005
10-07-2007, 07:15 PM
The best American beers would be micro-brewed. The Brooklyn Beers are pretty popular.

I like wines, but it's not as hard to get into wine as it is into beer. Besides wine may be good for dinner parties and movies, but otherwise it's a bit out of place. Unless you're a bunch of 20 something women trying to act like 30 something women.

So are you Thi?
Pretty much. I'm also a mid-50's woman who thinks vermouth is quite awesome.

Llamas
10-07-2007, 07:20 PM

So are you Thi?

I'm not sure what micro-brewed means. I've really mostly only had beers that are national, and ones that are from Milwaukee and Wisconsin... which I think a pretty large portion of American beer comes from here.

I like both wine and beer, but my order goes white wine > white beer > red wine > other beer. lolracism. I never think wine is out of place, though.

Rag Doll
10-07-2007, 07:23 PM
microbrew ftw.

0r4ng3
10-07-2007, 07:25 PM
Are micro-brewed beers the ones that come in the small bottles in hotel minifridges?

wheelchairman
10-07-2007, 07:29 PM
A lot of beer comes from Milwaukee, but it's famous for sucking (please stop). Most (all) of the nationally well known beer companies in America suck. I don't know why, this isn't true of any other country but America. On the other hand Americans have the most well developed micro-brew industry (which started in Oregon).

Microbreweries are bars that brew their own beer.

Also, it's typical of people who don't like alcohol but don't to seem like losers for drinking bacardi breezer, so they'll drink white drinks. This is because white drinks have less taste and are boring. :( Although beer can definitely get *too* dark. It has the happiest medium. Unfortunately I couldn't tell you of a brand to check out, since I don't know what there is over there. If you can find Brooklyn Brewery beers (they're all over Denmark) that's usually a good place to start. You would just love the East Indian Pale Ale (and it's fun to say.)

T-6005
10-07-2007, 07:40 PM
A lot of beer comes from Milwaukee, but it's famous for sucking (please stop). Most (all) of the nationally well known beer companies in America suck. I don't know why, this isn't true of any other country but America. On the other hand Americans have the most well developed micro-brew industry (which started in Oregon).

Microbreweries are bars that brew their own beer.

Also, it's typical of people who don't like alcohol but don't to seem like losers for drinking bacardi breezer, so they'll drink white drinks. This is because white drinks have less taste and are boring. :( Although beer can definitely get *too* dark. It has the happiest medium. Unfortunately I couldn't tell you of a brand to check out, since I don't know what there is over there. If you can find Brooklyn Brewery beers (they're all over Denmark) that's usually a good place to start. You would just love the East Indian Pale Ale (and it's fun to say.)

Alexander Keith's is an East India Pale Ale, and it's probably my favorite beer here - although maybe Stella Artois is close.

Llamas
10-07-2007, 07:58 PM
I've tried a lot of ales, and I've never really been a fan. I'll check out the one you mentioned if I get a chance, though. I don't think that white beer has less flavor at all. I drink a lot of dark beers, too, and I love Guiness. White beer just has a very different taste. It doesn't quite taste like *beer* to me, but its flavor is very strong. It's just a shame I haven't ever seen them in the US.

I'm not surprised that Milwaukee beer is famous for being bad... because it really is. I think people here just drink it cause they're proud to support their city.

Rag Doll
10-07-2007, 08:20 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microbrew#Microbreweries_in_the_United_States
*info on microbrews in the US. they're generally smaller breweries and a lot of them do not have nationwide distribution (or they have poor nationwide distribution).

if you like lighter colored beers, look for Leinenkugel's Sunset Wheat. i'm not sure what the distribution is like around the country, but it's really fucking good. i love it...it's replaced blue moon and weyerbacher imperial pumpkin as my favorite beer. speaking of pumpkin beer...if you're into it, check out the weyerbacher i mentioned (may only be available in 22oz bottles, not 6 packs) and buffalo bill's pumpkin.

http://www.leinie.com/home.htm - leinenkugel's website.

Sham
10-07-2007, 08:39 PM
I loved the beer so much that I just got ridiculousy drunk, and I have a massive hangover. My head hurts like hell and this weird green stuff is coming out of my dick. Details at 11.

Little_Miss_1565
10-07-2007, 08:46 PM
I loved the beer so much that I just got ridiculousy drunk, and I have a massive hangover. My head hurts like hell and this weird green stuff is coming out of my dick. Details at 11.

Dude, just stop. You don't need to try so hard.

That_Guy91
10-07-2007, 08:52 PM
$50 says he drank half a beer, passed out, and someone painted his dick green.

Jakebert
10-07-2007, 08:57 PM
I have a "friend" up here who's been acting like that lately. He drinks maybe 5-6 beers a night, and is convinced that he's so wasted. I mean, being a lightweight is one thing, but don't brag about it.

0r4ng3
10-07-2007, 09:01 PM
Dude, just stop. You don't need to try so hard.
I thought he was joking.

coke_a_holic
10-07-2007, 09:03 PM
I thought he was joking.

I'm positive he was joking.

Little_Miss_1565
10-07-2007, 09:03 PM
I thought he was joking.

Yes. Exactly.

Llamas
10-07-2007, 09:33 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microbrew#Microbreweries_in_the_United_States
*info on microbrews in the US. they're generally smaller breweries and a lot of them do not have nationwide distribution (or they have poor nationwide distribution).
Thanks for that. I'll have to check that out.

if you like lighter colored beers, look for Leinenkugel's Sunset Wheat. i'm not sure what the distribution is like around the country, but it's really fucking good. i love it...it's replaced blue moon and weyerbacher imperial pumpkin as my favorite beer. speaking of pumpkin beer...if you're into it, check out the weyerbacher i mentioned (may only be available in 22oz bottles, not 6 packs) and buffalo bill's pumpkin.

http://www.leinie.com/home.htm - leinenkugel's website.

Leinie's is from Wisconsin, actually. It's pretty much the only American beer I like, and I only like the berry weiss and the sunset wheat. :)

I've heard of imperial pumpkin... never tried it, but I hear it's quite good.

Thanks for the info. It's been hard for me here cause I grew to like beer so much abroad, and I've been really disappointed here... I just always get Beck's or Guinness.

sKratch
10-07-2007, 10:31 PM
I'm not surprised that Milwaukee beer is famous for being bad... because it really is. I think people here just drink it cause they're proud to support their city.

False. Milwaukee's Best is, simply, the best.
Ahem... umm...

Llamas
10-07-2007, 10:41 PM
False. Milwaukee's Best is, simply, the best.
Ahem... umm...

hahaha. I guess that's true, if your quality assessment is based on the smallest amount of money out of the wallet. :)

sKratch
10-07-2007, 10:44 PM
c.f. http://offspring.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1047188&postcount=6274

JohnnyNemesis
10-07-2007, 11:14 PM
Beer is nasty.

This comment is one of my pet peeves, just because there's about a bajillion kinds of beers/drinks Americans refer to as "beer". It's like saying "food is nasty" 'cause you don't like spinach or whatever.

Horrible analogy, but you get my point.

Llamas
10-07-2007, 11:14 PM
haha I hadn't noticed what type of beer that was before... seriously awesome. We shuld get 2gether n drink beast sumtyme.

edit: that was to skratchy. to ricky, I kind of agree, but kind of not. I could say that I hate soda, even though there are tons of different types of it... but I wouldn't just try coke and say I hate soda. However, I would've said the same thing as Alec a few years ago... then I went to Europe and now I can sometimes love beer, because I tried a lot of different kinds.

JohnnyNemesis
10-07-2007, 11:22 PM
Yeah I hear ya, I also used to think "beer" was nasty, but that's 'cause the first few I had were horrible. It wasn't until I tried one that I liked that I started trying different ones to get a better sense of what different beers are like.

Oh, and I think Stella Artois is a very underrated beer. Blue Moon is overrated, but also fucking amazing and might be my favorite, at least lately.

Busch Light is something that should not even be sold. Why would you pay for urine when you can piss into a can and drink it for free?

Llamas
10-07-2007, 11:38 PM
Busch Light is something that should not even be sold. Why would you pay for urine when you can piss into a can and drink it for free?

I generally agree with this. You could also replace "Busch Light" with "Miller Lite" or "Budweiser".

Rilex
10-08-2007, 12:47 AM
My grandfather had a beer today, so I asked him if I could have a sip. It was a Samuel Adams original, I think. I didn't like the taste very much, it tasted really dry and it was kind've like the little bit of wine I've tasted. But I guess it's because this is the first time I've tried alchohol, but every time I took a sip I just got a little pukey. I'm underage, by the way.

OMG! kill me, or make it stop please...
Would u like to taste my sperm, it would taste better for ya.

XYlophonetreeZ
10-08-2007, 01:30 AM
I don't like Stella Artois OR Blue Moon at all. Blue Moon is beer for people who don'[t like beer, amirite? I first tried a Blue Moon and I was like "Um, xcuse me? mmkay? I'd like a little more BEER in my beer, lollllll. Stella Artois is just too bitter. Hint: Belgian beer is the best beer ever, UNLESS it is Blue Moon or Stella Artois. This is a fact. Otherwise, go with Canadian Beer.

Betty
10-08-2007, 02:21 AM
I tried Blue Moon I believe and I don't remember being blown away, but that was also when I hadn't gotten quite as in to beer as I am now. (This is only a year later, but still.) And my point that I'm trying to make is not even that I would've appreciated it more now, but that I probably would've appreciated it less now, but back then I don't think I had the right experience to make that call. And I don't really remember...

Anyway, yeah, I've totally gotten hooked on darker beers. Specifically, cream ales. SUPER good. Now I feel that most lighter beers don't even compare. I still like them, and I'll pretty much drink anything unless it's disgusting. And I try to switch it up all the time just for fun. But there are some pretty completely different beers from your standard Canadian, Kokanee, Blue, Keith's, MGD, Corona, Bud, etc, etc.

There's a bar here that brews a raspberry beer and I always think it sounds a bit girly or whatever, but it's actually really, really, really good.

SaiKYoU
10-08-2007, 03:46 AM
american beer sucks, and that's a fact... try some european pilsen man...

Rag Doll
10-08-2007, 06:10 AM
my boyfriend loves stella artois....me, not so much.

michelle, see if you can find abita purple haze. it's a raspberry wheat beer. pretty decent.

brianna, my recommendation skills are pretty awesome i guess, since you've already had and enjoyed sunset wheat =p.

H1T_That
10-08-2007, 06:16 AM
By beer, do you guys mean lager?

All About Eve
10-08-2007, 06:52 AM
This comment is one of my pet peeves, just because there's about a bajillion kinds of beers/drinks Americans refer to as "beer". It's like saying "food is nasty" 'cause you don't like spinach or whatever.

Every beer I have tried*

But I feel I can say that in general even, since I just generally hate that bitter taste/texture that all beers seem to have.

Little_Miss_1565
10-08-2007, 07:31 AM
I tried Blue Moon I believe and I don't remember being blown away, but that was also when I hadn't gotten quite as in to beer as I am now. (This is only a year later, but still.)

I KNOW WHERE YOU HAD BLUE MOON! ;)

anyway, I fucking love Blue Moon. Put a hunk of orange in that shit and it's summertime in a glass. I'm a big fan of wheat beers with a slice of lemon or what have you (orange is for Blue Moon only). It might be because I'm a girl.

sKratch
10-08-2007, 07:58 AM
I must be a girl too. Blue Moon on tap with orange makes me a happy person (I feel like it's distinctly better on tap than bottled).
Sam, my friend just had that Purple Haze, but I didn't try it. I myself just got some Raspberry Honey beer from a company out of Montana but I forgot what it's called... But google is my friend! http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/419/4080
It's very delicious if you ask me.

JohnnyNemesis
10-08-2007, 08:28 AM
I generally agree with this. You could also replace "Busch Light" with "Miller Lite" or "Budweiser".

Budweiser aint great, but I definitely don't think it's as bad as Busch Light. It's a decent, but not great, beer when I'm broke :(

Stella Artois is just too bitter.

y u gota be meanz 2 me baby?

sKratch
10-08-2007, 08:30 AM
My theory with beer is, "If you're going cheap, go cheap all the way." So instead of spending $14 on a 30 of Bud, spend $12 on a 30 of Keys.

Little_Miss_1565
10-08-2007, 08:36 AM
No way. There is never a reason to buy a 30 'Stones case. Ever. Under any circumstances.

Harnum
10-08-2007, 08:37 AM
I am one of the only 15 year olds around where I live that doesn't drink. yay4goodkid!

I just generally dislike the taste of it. Not a lot of people do, but I find it pointless to drink something if you don't like it, just to get drunk.

Little_Miss_1565
10-08-2007, 08:37 AM
I just generally dislike the taste of it. Not a lot of people do, but I find it pointless to drink something if you don't like it, just to get drunk.

It's true. I like drinking things I like just to get drunk.

Harnum
10-08-2007, 08:41 AM
Wow, my last sentence was poorly worded.. :o :(

Let's try that again..

I just generally dislike the taste of it. Not a lot of people like the taste, but stil' drink it. I find it pointless to drink something that you don't like, just to get drunk.

Better? lawlz

0r4ng3
10-08-2007, 08:43 AM

Actually, it's more like saying "spinach is nasty" because you tried one particular brand.

mrconeman
10-08-2007, 08:44 AM
Better? lawlz
Grammatically, yes. Factually, no.

Beer is wonderful. And I'll be in the cold cold ground before I drink Budweiser ever again, it tastes like bubble gum to me, which with bubble gum is fine, with beer, it is not.

DeAtHsTaR
10-08-2007, 08:45 AM
My theory with beer is, "If you're going cheap, go cheap all the way." So instead of spending $14 on a 30 of Bud, spend $12 on a 30 of Keys.

I hate Keystone, and it's all my party crew ever gets....Beast is a little better for cheap beer.

Harnum
10-08-2007, 08:46 AM
Grammatically, yes. Factually, no.

Beer is wonderful. And I'll be in the cold cold ground before I drink Budweiser ever again, it tastes like bubble gum to me, which with bubble gum is fine, with beer, it is not.

Difference of tastes, my friend. I think it tastes rotten. Blehh..

mrconeman
10-08-2007, 08:57 AM
No, I mean thinking it's gross is fine and natural. I think everyone did at some point, what I meant was I don't think there's anything wrong with drinking (even things you don't like the taste of) for the sole purpose of getting drunk. I mean within reason, obviously.

JohnnyNemesis
10-08-2007, 08:58 AM
Actually, it's more like saying "spinach is nasty" because you tried one particular brand.

Nah, llamas had a better analogy with the sodas.

Harnum
10-08-2007, 08:59 AM
No, I mean thinking it's gross is fine and natural. I think everyone did at some point, what I meant was I don't think there's anything wrong with drinking (even things you don't like the taste of) for the sole purpose of getting drunk. I mean within reason, obviously.

Ah, ok. Understood. Just for the fun of it basically.

sKratch
10-08-2007, 10:03 AM
No way. There is never a reason to buy a 30 'Stones case. Ever. Under any circumstances.

Well don't come to a party in Binghamton then. It flows like... um... There's a lot of it around these parts. It's basically water to me.

ruroken
10-08-2007, 11:34 AM
All I have to say about alcohol: Whiskey fucking BURNS.

wheelchairman
10-08-2007, 11:39 AM
What? n00b.

Warm it in your hand for 15 minutes and you'll be drinking candy.

Amiralanal
10-08-2007, 11:41 AM

How old are you?

Ill turn 18 this november, and im pretty shure i have drunk over 500 beers in my life.

wheelchairman
10-08-2007, 11:45 AM
You're also from a different country with a different drinking culture.

lol at state owned liquor stores btw. Totally sucks for you.

Amiralanal
10-08-2007, 11:53 AM
Yes it does.

JohnnyNemesis
10-08-2007, 12:46 PM

Naw. Have some cheap plastic-bottle vodka, that shit'll burn like fuck.

Little_Miss_1565
10-08-2007, 12:58 PM
Well don't come to a party in Binghamton then. It flows like... um... There's a lot of it around these parts. It's basically water to me.

LOL, that's because it basically IS water.

Only if you're a sissy.

Betty
10-08-2007, 01:46 PM
I'm trying to get into whiskey. I'm still having a hard time with it. It still makes me shudder a bit going down. Whenever people have some I always accept a drink. I figure it's an acquired taste like anything else. Finally a few weeks ago a friend of mine offered me some scotch, and it was actually delicious. I don't think that it was so much because I've been getting used to drinking it, but because it was actually good scotch. And maybe a little cause I'm getting used to it.

I don't know, I just find with almost ANYTHING, food or drink wise, if you don't like it at first, just keep having it when the opportunity arises, and you will learn to like it, if not tolerate it. I've mentioned this before on the topic of food and people had the argument "well, why learn to like something you don't like?" But I guess I just think it's worth it. There must be a reason people really like certain things. And it's nice to be able to go with the flow on any occasion.

Oh yeah, and I suspect that this Blue Moon beer would be good for any lighter occasion. I'm a pretty big fan of citrus in beer. Lemon in wheat beers. Lime in... well... most commonly Corona, but it goes really well in many beers... I'm intrigued by the orange.

WebDudette
10-08-2007, 03:19 PM

It's pretty much the worse shit ever.

The only time I can really drink beer is after I am already drunk. But I haven't really had anything most people would consider decent.

Rag Doll
10-08-2007, 04:12 PM
anyway, I fucking love Blue Moon. Put a hunk of orange in that shit and it's summertime in a glass. I'm a big fan of wheat beers with a slice of lemon or what have you (orange is for Blue Moon only). It might be because I'm a girl.

you, more than anyone, should try leinenkugels sunset wheat. it is also summertime in a glass. and sort of like fruity pebbles beer. i dunno. if you cant find it in new york (which i doubt), i will bring you a six pack sometime.

stephan, i wanna try that now =\. the store i work at doesn't carry anything from spanish peaks anymore though. i'll have to look around for it. the abita purple haze is good...it actually reminds me a bit of blue moon, with a raspberry finish.

Llamas
10-08-2007, 05:38 PM

Or $10 on a 30 of Beast. Though I'm not positive that Beast is as cheap in all of the states...

brianna, my recommendation skills are pretty awesome i guess, since you've already had and enjoyed sunset wheat =p.

True dat, sista.

I don't see anything wrong with it, but I don't necessarily see a point in my life. I've never been into drinking stuff I don't like just to get drunk... the only time I drink stuff I don't like is if it's my birthday and people buy me stuff, because it's just fagalicious to turn that shit down.

Nah, llamas had a better analogy with the sodas.
I'm a genius about all things anal.

sKratch
10-08-2007, 06:35 PM
The $10 30 rack must be a perk of living in Milwaukee :[

Bazza
10-08-2007, 06:56 PM

My biggest regret was trying some plastic bottle vodka my friend brought back from Russia :eek:

sKratch
10-08-2007, 07:21 PM
Barton's: $13 for 1.75L. A staple of college life here.

Little_Miss_1565
10-08-2007, 09:34 PM
Barton's: $13 for 1.75L. A staple of college life here.

We had Rubinoff, and it was guaranteed to be rubin-off the lining of your stomach. Once I drank a ton of it and threw up purple. Nothing purple passed my lips on the way down.

RickyCrack
10-08-2007, 11:11 PM
Here at Iowa for tailgating there is usually free shots of hawkeye vodka available. (lol, get it? Iowa Hawkeyes -- Hawkeye vodka?) So basically you have to decide between free vodka and not getting free vodka.

Don't be all liek, "omg free vodka you pussy." because you all hate hawkeye vodka and u ~gno it.

p.s. I just remembered a story my bff jonrodriguez told me a bout how his uncle only drank Old Crow and diet rite. fucking beat that.

WebDudette
10-08-2007, 11:33 PM
It can't be much worse then what I usually end up with.

zomg, free vodka you pussy.

Rilex
10-09-2007, 03:05 AM
Talking about burning, did someone ever tried "шљивовица"?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/dd/Sljivovica1094.JPG/180px-Sljivovica1094.JPG

XYlophonetreeZ
10-09-2007, 03:21 AM
DUDE. Slivovice. Fuck yes, and fuck yes that shit buuuuurns. Crazy fuckin' Serbians.

Punk-Freak
10-09-2007, 07:25 AM
I'm underage, by the way.

Were are you from?
Here in Denmark we have 13 year old drunk kids on the streets.

And beer sucks... try something stronger like rum og snaps (not sure it's called snaps in english)

sKratch
10-09-2007, 09:39 AM
Schnapps, I believe.

H1T_That
10-09-2007, 12:36 PM
Nothing purple passed my lips on the way down.

I'm actually amazed/dissapointed no-one made a penis joke here.:(

0r4ng3
10-09-2007, 12:39 PM
It would have been too easy.

Much like a penis.

Jakebert
10-09-2007, 12:44 PM
It would have been too easy.

That's never stopped us before.

Dr.evil
10-10-2007, 12:49 AM
Tassie Beer!!!!

BustedKnuckles
10-10-2007, 01:05 AM
Moose Drool bitches.

http://www.teamwrongway.com/images/logos/moose_drool_poster_new.jpg

ninthlayer
10-10-2007, 10:59 AM
leinenkugels
!!!

Leinenkugels Red and I are good friends. I recently started drinking PBR and it's nowhere near as horrible as I had imagined it, that shit goes down easy but is by no means as silky smooth as Leinenkugels or Red Stripe.

post script: OE is probably the best/worst beverage ever.
post post script: RickyCrack, zomg Picador Thursday?

RickyCrack
10-10-2007, 02:02 PM
zomg zomg totally. pitchers of STUDliet to help form my muscular body.

wheelchairman
10-10-2007, 05:34 PM
!!!

Leinenkugels Red and I are good friends. I recently started drinking PBR and it's nowhere near as horrible as I had imagined it, that shit goes down easy but is by no means as silky smooth as Leinenkugels or Red Stripe.

post script: OE is probably the best/worst beverage ever.
post post script: RickyCrack, zomg Picador Thursday?

Post script: Come to Denmark, I'll buy. I went to fucking Chicago for you, return the love.

(PSS: Chicks love little American guys, they think they're mexican.)

ninthlayer
10-10-2007, 05:40 PM
zomg zomg totally. pitchers of STUDliet to help form my muscular body.
Works for me.

Post script: Come to Denmark, I'll buy. I went to fucking Chicago for you, return the love.
Sounds like an amazing use of my student financial aid, liek, 4srsly.

(PSS: Chicks love little American guys, they think they're mexican.)
Ew, maybe not.

Rilex
10-11-2007, 08:40 AM
DUDE. Slivovice. Fuck yes, and fuck yes that shit buuuuurns. Crazy fuckin' Serbians.

Yea, we always like to go extreme. So yea, we drink a lot. Not in such a way as Finnish people, but close...

Little_Miss_1565
10-11-2007, 08:54 AM
Sounds like an amazing use of my student financial aid, liek, 4srsly.

Where's the kissygif?!

Nina
10-11-2007, 11:47 AM
I don't know, I just find with almost ANYTHING, food or drink wise, if you don't like it at first, just keep having it when the opportunity arises, and you will learn to like it, if not tolerate it. I've mentioned this before on the topic of food and people had the argument "well, why learn to like something you don't like?" But I guess I just think it's worth it. There must be a reason people really like certain things. And it's nice to be able to go with the flow on any occasion.

I agree with that, yet I just cant bring myself to do this. I gag when I smell honey, but since everyone loves it I should try to tolerate it....but then again I'd rather not gag, so I dont eat it. Ever. Ya know?

Same with beer. I simply dont like the taste of it, and although I tried it very very often, I still never began to enjoy it.

The only alcoholic drinks I like are: vodka anything, jägermeister, berentzen (http://www.berentzen.de/alters-verifikation) and baileys.

I hate whisky with a passion.

P.S. I could die for a good Mojito.