PDA

View Full Version : Which Offspring Album is the most different From the Rest?

sablock
01-03-2005, 08:24 PM
Which Offspring album do you think is the most different from the rest of them?

Sketch
01-03-2005, 08:26 PM
either self titled or ignition

dirtybird
01-03-2005, 08:26 PM
i think ixnay is because it was sorta a transition album.. americana/c.o.o./ and splinter are all sorta like in their "newer style" and the self titled/ignition/smash are all more or less their "old style"

meaning_of_life
01-03-2005, 08:41 PM
i think splinter is there most experimental. it is far more rock than anything, and barely a hint of punk (maybe lightning rod, the noose) but it is a much different album. cant get my head around you is totally different to anything theyd previously done, and same with race against myself. totally new ground.

dirtybird
01-03-2005, 08:46 PM
i think splinter is there most experimental. it is far more rock than anything, and barely a hint of punk (maybe lightning rod, the noose) but it is a much different album. cant get my head around you is totally different to anything theyd previously done, and same with race against myself. totally new ground.

have you not heard songs like come out swinging, original prankster, conspiracy of one, or want you bad on the conspiracy of one album? they're pretty rock-ish.

Modern Man
01-03-2005, 08:49 PM
Are you kidding me? Self Titled is by far the most different album they did. Just listen it compared to any of their later albums. They actually had passion back then, they cared about what they were righting about, and it wasn't stupid shit. Too bad that all went down the shitter.

dirtybird
01-03-2005, 08:52 PM
Are you kidding me? Self Titled is by far the most different album they did. Just listen it compared to any of their later albums. They actually had passion back then, they cared about what they were righting about, and it wasn't stupid shit. Too bad that all went down the shitter.

first off.. is shitter a word? second.. the self titled was more likes Smash than Ignition I think.. they werent exactly alike of course because that would be pointless.. but yeah I think Ixnay was the transition album and therefor the most different.

then again.. these polls ARE just opinions

Killb0y
01-03-2005, 09:13 PM
have you not heard songs like come out swinging, original prankster, conspiracy of one, or want you bad on the conspiracy of one album? they're pretty rock-ish.

Want you bad? Original Prankster? You're not serious are you?

Yeah I love that album. It's just so... so powerfull

dirtybird
01-03-2005, 09:15 PM
i was just saying that they were more like the splinter songs than the ixnay songs were.. not saying they're the most rockish though.. srry if i wasn't clear on that.

meaning_of_life
01-03-2005, 10:02 PM
no, no, no. cospiracy of one was definately intended to be a rock punk album, sure, they were rock a little bit, but if anything the album tried to hard to be punk. every other offspring album before splinter is punk, some not as much as others, but punk. splinter, was not punk at all, except for the drumming on a couple of songs. the offspring have nothing that sounds like never gonna find me, race against myself, or even worst hangover ever or spare me the details. a very different album

bad_habit
01-03-2005, 10:28 PM
conspiracy of one...el mas "fresa" que han sacado

dirtybird
01-03-2005, 10:36 PM
no, no, no. cospiracy of one was definately intended to be a rock punk album, sure, they were rock a little bit, but if anything the album tried to hard to be punk. every other offspring album before splinter is punk, some not as much as others, but punk. splinter, was not punk at all, except for the drumming on a couple of songs. the offspring have nothing that sounds like never gonna find me, race against myself, or even worst hangover ever or spare me the details. a very different album

worst hang over ever was sorta like why don't you get yourself a job in that they are both kinda ska-ish, i think.

dirtybird
01-03-2005, 10:37 PM
conspiracy of one...el mas "fresa" que han sacado

...que?...

Obie2trice
01-04-2005, 12:41 AM
I think co1 is the most different from the other albums, just the sound of the guitars, voices. It`s not bad, but different

sherban
01-04-2005, 04:52 AM
I think the first 2 albums ar faitly diff...they where made whe i wassnt born i think...anyway i like less songs on them than other albums...dont get me wrong...i like every song even if its stupid...the music they do is great even for...lets say crossroades or burn it up

Superdope
01-04-2005, 06:11 AM
I think splinter stands out the most.
The Offspring experimented more on this album than any of the others...
and thatīs a fact! :D

Camilamazed
01-04-2005, 06:47 AM
either self titled or ignition
I agree :D

Noodles is gay
01-04-2005, 06:54 AM
Self titled is the best, it's also the most different album.

Love it! :D

Killb0y
01-04-2005, 10:25 AM
Yep, true in every word. And besides this guy's originally from Poland :D.

Just listen to that album and listen to the drums there... AAAAAHHHH beautiful. They don't play like they used to. The old stuff is so hard to play on the guitar. I just can't stand that strange rif in Beheaded - it's so damn well played I can't play it :D (the one when it goes slower)

Noodles is gay
01-04-2005, 11:16 AM
Yep, true in every word. And besides this guy's originally from Poland :D.

Just listen to that album and listen to the drums there... AAAAAHHHH beautiful. They don't play like they used to. The old stuff is so hard to play on the guitar. I just can't stand that strange rif in Beheaded - it's so damn well played I can't play it :D (the one when it goes slower)

Oh yeah it's an amazing riff (i think i know the one you mean :p )and an amazing album!

How'd you know i'm originally from poland? (oh, btw, i'm a girl!) :D

Talman
01-04-2005, 11:33 AM
It's definetily Ixnay on the Hombre. There's such a mix of songs on that album. Loud punk rock,ska and a emotional. It's definetily their most well produced album. The sound is amazing.
________
WEED VAPORIZERS (http://weedvaporizers.org/)

offspringueuse
01-04-2005, 11:37 AM
I think taht this is their firt album!!!! but I like it so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

SoCaL-oFfSpRiNg-cHiCk310
01-04-2005, 12:45 PM
ixnay different from teh others

Americana
01-04-2005, 01:19 PM

that's exactly what I think

dirtybird
01-04-2005, 01:21 PM
it's ixnay, people!

Americana
01-04-2005, 01:25 PM
what makes Ixnay so different?

dirtybird
01-04-2005, 01:29 PM
what makes Ixnay so different?

it's the transition album between the offspring's "older style" (i.e. selftitled/ignition/smash) and their "newer style" (i.e. americana/conspiracy of one/ splinter). the first three all have simiilar styles and so do the last three.. but ixnay is a mix.

Petter
01-04-2005, 01:34 PM
that's exactly what I think

its just as comertialized as the 2 before

ixnay by far!

dirtybird
01-04-2005, 01:37 PM
its just as comertialized as the 2 before

ixnay by far!

go petter!

meaning_of_life
01-04-2005, 05:52 PM
it's the transition album between the offspring's "older style" (i.e. selftitled/ignition/smash) and their "newer style" (i.e. americana/conspiracy of one/ splinter). the first three all have simiilar styles and so do the last three.. but ixnay is a mix.
so? that dosent make it different! its half of the old albums and half of the new, not anything different musically much except being poppy, the main difference in the album is it was the begining of an image change for the band.

Unnatural Disaster
01-04-2005, 05:54 PM
I think Self Titled is the most different album