PDA

View Full Version : Who and why delete my post?

ANDiTKO
10-11-2007, 01:45 AM
Who and why delete my post in Summer Sonic '07 MEDIA (http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30040&page=26) :mad: ???
if you wanted to clear this thread why not deleting and the other offtopic posts? like

#241 (http://www.offspring.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1047551&postcount=241)
#242 (http://www.offspring.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1047552&postcount=242)
#243 (http://www.offspring.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1047578&postcount=243)

and many other....

i did only 3 offtopics and in my third offtopic post i SAD that i will shut the F$#K UP and it will stop discuss my site in that tread!so why you deleted that topic???:mad:

Sinister
10-11-2007, 01:47 AM
Who : one or many of the moderators.
Why : because they break one or many rules of the BBS.

Little_Miss_1565
10-11-2007, 05:50 AM
Because post 255 (http://www.offspring.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1047819&postcount=255) was me, drawing a line, saying anything past this point about the Offspring Bootlegs site and not about the topic of the thread would be deleted. Where does that say "one more person can say one more thing about the site?" I have to draw a line and enforce it fairly.

TheOldMark
10-11-2007, 02:35 PM
Who and why delete my post in Summer Sonic '07 MEDIA (http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30040&page=26) :mad: ???
if you wanted to clear this thread why not deleting and the other offtopic posts? like

#241 (http://www.offspring.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1047551&postcount=241)
#242 (http://www.offspring.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1047552&postcount=242)
#243 (http://www.offspring.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1047578&postcount=243)

and many other....

i did only 3 offtopics and in my third offtopic post i SAD that i will shut the F$#K UP and it will stop discuss my site in that tread!so why you deleted that topic???:mad:

This has been a problem, dozens if not hundreds and thousands of times in the past, we have extremely overzealous moderators who will delete anything that doesn't fit their liking or style, regardless of how on-topic it is. You can contact management at ltull@rebelwaltz.com or the webmaster info@offspring.com to complain about this.

JohnnyNemesis
10-11-2007, 02:42 PM
TheOldMark can always be counted on for great comedy in this section of the forum.

Despite the rambling bullshit he posted, I still partially agree with him for once. If anyone honestly and truly thinks we're doing a lousy job, contact the proper folks and plead your case. Of course, feel free to provide feedback/complaints in this section of the forum too. Hopefully, it'll all only help us improve and help you all enjoy this place a bit more.

Just make sure you have something more concrete than a pathetic persecution complex like TheOldMark here. What a piece of shit this guy is.

ANDiTKO
10-11-2007, 02:57 PM
This has been a problem, dozens if not hundreds and thousands of times in the past, we have extremely overzealous moderators who will delete anything that doesn't fit their liking or style, regardless of how on-topic it is. You can contact management at ltull@rebelwaltz.com or the webmaster info@offspring.com to complain about this.

Yes! i will contact the webmaster about it.
Because my deleted topic wasn't all offtopic.i sad "thanks" to pieniol(PL) for uploading a great bootleg from summersonic2007. (ON TOPIC)
then i sad sorry for my offtopics and that next words will be the last offtopic.

Little_Miss_1565 tell me!Did i sad that STRAIGHT to you?

wheelchairman
10-11-2007, 03:50 PM
I apologize when posting GOATSE. :)

Little_Miss_1565
10-11-2007, 05:25 PM
This has been a problem, dozens if not hundreds and thousands of times in the past, we have extremely overzealous moderators who will delete anything that doesn't fit their liking or style, regardless of how on-topic it is.

I lol'd. Does the post I made in this topic answering the original post only show up on my computer?

If anyone honestly and truly thinks we're doing a lousy job, contact the proper folks and plead your case. Of course, feel free to provide feedback/complaints in this section of the forum too. Hopefully, it'll all only help us improve and help you all enjoy this place a bit more.

I agree 100%.

Yes! i will contact the webmaster about it.
Because my deleted topic wasn't all offtopic.i sad "thanks" to pieniol(PL) for uploading a great bootleg from summersonic2007. (ON TOPIC)
then i sad sorry for my offtopics and that next words will be the last offtopic.

Little_Miss_1565 tell me!Did i sad that STRAIGHT to you?

You want me to put the post back and edit out the rest that was off-topic? I can do that. But one token sentence that was on-topic in an off-topic post after I gave fair warning doesn't cut it. I would have deleted it if it was from Jojan, anyone, I said what I was going to do and I did it. I still don't get what the problem is. If I start making excuses for you then I have to make excuses for everyone.

ANDiTKO
10-11-2007, 06:28 PM
You want me to put the post back and edit out the rest that was off-topic? I can do that. But one token sentence that was on-topic in an off-topic post after I gave fair warning doesn't cut it. I would have deleted it if it was from Jojan, anyone, I said what I was going to do and I did it. I still don't get what the problem is. If I start making excuses for you then I have to make excuses for everyone.

Well yes.if you can recover the topic, there will be no problem at all.
i tried to stay ontopic, but some guys posted offensive posts that i couldn't just stay and watch.

Little_Miss_1565
10-11-2007, 06:36 PM
Well yes.if you can recover the topic, there will be no problem at all.
i tried to stay ontopic, but some guys posted offensive posts that i couldn't just stay and watch.

I and several other people told him he was acting like a jerk and cut off the conversation. It was over. At some point, you need to let it go as well.

ANDiTKO
10-11-2007, 06:50 PM
At some point, you need to let it go as well.

And that point was the topic that you deleted without warning.
i sad i will stop talking about offspringbootlegs and if they want to continue talking about that they can use our forums,not talking offtopic in the official offspring forum.so are you gonna recover the deleted topic or what??????

Little_Miss_1565
10-11-2007, 07:30 PM
No, you acknowledged my post--you apologizied, remember? My post said this:

I'm deleting any further discussion of the site in this thread, so you guys have fair warning.

If you don't like how the site works, just don't go there. If you don't have the time to give a valid opinion or not be a jerk, just shut up.

You had fair warning. If you have been warned, you cannot accuse me of deleting something without warning. I deleted Jojan's post and I'd really like to be done with this now because no one seems to be able to prove I acted inappropriately.

TheOldMark
10-11-2007, 10:10 PM

How many mod posts are made, in defense of their actions? Can we get a statistic on this? Its just happening too much.. I believe this is ruining the BBS, much more than widespread off topic or incoherent idiotic behavior.

Llamas
10-11-2007, 11:40 PM
Actually, what's ruining the bbs are useless, bullshit, annoying threads like this one. People make too many whining threads instead of posting stuff people can actually enjoy discussing. I used to care about favoritism and unfair deletion on here, but then I realized, god damn... what difference does it make? Why sit here and try to nitpick whether or not 1565 was in the right? They're posts on a message board. If it really bothers you, email the admin or whoever was linked earlier. If that's not enough, don't post here anymore.

Oh, and if your beef is with a particular mod, like in this case, try PMing the mod first, instead of making a whole thread to bitch about it. They'll be more likely to take it well, and you don't have to bring everyone else down by taking up room to complain.

edit: I still favor nude mods...

ANDiTKO
10-12-2007, 05:35 AM
look what you sad just few posts before.....

You want me to put the post back and edit out the rest that was off-topic? I can do that.
i asked you gently to put back my post and you won't?!!?!?and i cant understand whats up with this topic anyway?why it must be deleted?
Being a moderator dosen't give you the right to do whatever you want here!This is not your forum!This is the offspring official forum and you should respect that.
You cant delete randomly other people's posts.And you warned me FOR WHAT???did i broke any rules?

Little_Miss_1565
10-12-2007, 06:50 AM
How many mod posts are made, in defense of their actions? Can we get a statistic on this? Its just happening too much.. I believe this is ruining the BBS, much more than widespread off topic or incoherent idiotic behavior.

And if I don't say anything, I'm moderating in a vacuum with no transparency. Said it before, and it's still true--if the band and management had a problem with the way I am conducting myself, I would have heard about it a long time ago. If discussions of a decision I made as a mod are off-topic and they go on and on, how do I delete that without being a tyrant?

i asked you gently to put back my post and you won't?!!?!?and i cant understand whats up with this topic anyway?why it must be deleted?
Being a moderator dosen't give you the right to do whatever you want here!This is not your forum!This is the offspring official forum and you should respect that.
You cant delete randomly other people's posts.And you warned me FOR WHAT???did i broke any rules?

Yes, it's the official Offspring forum, and not the official forum to discuss whether the Offspring Bootlegs site should require registration before downloading. I didn't delete randomly, I said what I was going to delete in advance and then did it. And you're upset because it was your post. I get that you're upset, but I'm not going to apologize for doing my job. I know that site means a lot to you, but that doesn't mean I have to change the rules Tijs and I have established about off-topic posts.

I went to undelete your post and edit out the parts of your post that were about the Offspring Bootlegs site in that thread, and I realized that if I leave the whole post deleted, it's still there and I can PM it to you or e-mail it. If I edit out that part (which would leave literally 3 words of your post, thanking the user who posted Summersonic MP3's), it would be gone forever. So, I deleted Jojan's post--he was only trying to wind you up, and it seems to have worked.

ANDiTKO
10-12-2007, 07:21 AM
ok then mail (mail@anditko.com) me the post.or pm me.

Little_Miss_1565
10-12-2007, 07:29 AM
Check your PM's.

HeadAroundU
10-12-2007, 07:39 AM
Good job 1565.

ANDiTKO, she drew the line and you should have used PM to settle the conflict with Jojan. Fuck those 3 words...

ANDiTKO
10-12-2007, 07:41 AM
at last!
now you can delete this tread "Who and why delete my post?"
also please pm Jojan to edit his post coz the links he posted about my site wont work any more.

Today offspringbootlegs will become a Private site.Only for registered members and all links will be protected.so no downloading from other sites. http://www.adslgr.com/forum/images/smilies/lock.gif

JohnnyNemesis
10-12-2007, 08:24 AM
How many mod posts are made, in defense of their actions?

Plenty, but that's only because too many people like YOU whine because they want special treatment and they're not getting it. Just be glad we're defending ourselves at all, because there's nothing saying that we even have to.

Kitten
10-12-2007, 08:29 AM

My god, it was one post. Are you gonna sue if she deletes 2 posts of yours, or 3?

Little_Miss_1565
10-12-2007, 09:03 AM
Please don't delete this thread.

TheOldMark
10-12-2007, 11:07 AM

Amen. We cannot have legit ontopic discussions anymore because the mods have become so overzealous. You can't even express an opinion without being castrated. A discussion on bootlegs belongs here, not elsewhere. I dont even think the mods actually like or even listen to the Offspring, thats why they care not for legit discussion. They just have no life outside of this BBS.

Plenty, but that's only because too many people like YOU whine because they want special treatment and they're not getting it. Just be glad we're defending ourselves at all, because there's nothing saying that we even have to.

Nah I just don't think I should be attacked when trying to facilitate legitimate discussion. Its clearly something you're afraid of and cannot contribute to. Also I'd like a more specific statistic than 'plenty'. You don't see something wrong with a huge percentage of your posts being in defense of your actions? It means you're doing a job consistently unfavorable to the users. e.i. I favor new mods. :D

0r4ng3
10-12-2007, 11:09 AM
I have an idea. Have the mods not do a single thing in General Offspring Discussion, and see how things get. I'd want to see how it ends up.

nieh
10-12-2007, 11:30 AM
Hey guys, does anyone remember when you were in elementary school and even high school when a student got in trouble they would always complain and bitch about the teacher afterwards even if they broke a rule that was stated ahead of time? I don't see any correlation between that and what's happening now, do you?

JohnnyNemesis
10-12-2007, 11:33 AM
I lol'd.

Also, the title of this thread reminds me of Who's On First? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Who%27s_on_first)

Rag Doll
10-12-2007, 11:33 AM
a huge percentage

I'd like a more specific statistic than 'a huge percentage'.

nieh
10-12-2007, 11:39 AM
I lol'd.

Also, the title of this thread reminds me of Who's On First? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Who%27s_on_first)

I didn't know you could get on the internet from first base OR left field.

Little_Miss_1565
10-12-2007, 12:43 PM
Amen. We cannot have legit ontopic discussions anymore because the mods have become so overzealous. You can't even express an opinion without being castrated. A discussion on bootlegs belongs here, not elsewhere. I dont even think the mods actually like or even listen to the Offspring, thats why they care not for legit discussion. They just have no life outside of this BBS.

Mark, you clearly read the thread in question about as much as you've read this one.

The conflict here was ended peacefully before you piped up with this.

The thread this was about was NOT discussing bootlegs when I deleted the post--it was discussing whether or not OffspringBootlegs.com should or should not require registration before accessing its files.

JohnnyNemesis
10-12-2007, 12:51 PM
Also I'd like a more specific statistic than 'plenty'.

Yeah, so about that, you wanna provide that statistic or not?

You're not a good liar, Mark. The routine isn't working anymore.

Stupid fuck.

Little_Miss_1565
10-12-2007, 03:11 PM
Oh, I missed the part where he accused me of not being an Offspring fan. I guess Tijs would fall under that umbrella as well according to him. LOLOL.

BustedKnuckles
10-12-2007, 04:23 PM
Also I'd like a more specific statistic than 'plenty'. You don't see something wrong with a huge percentage of your posts being in defense of your actions?

Do you find anything wrong with a huge percentage of people you sleep with being unsatisfied?

If cretins (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/cretin) such as yourself continue to attack the mods at every turn, then of course a large part of their posts will be in defense of themselves. It's simple logic.

Llamas
10-12-2007, 05:05 PM
I'm pretty sure that both mods for GOD are Offspring fans... dumbass.

Nah I just don't think I should be attacked when trying to facilitate legitimate discussion. Its clearly something you're afraid of and cannot contribute to. Also I'd like a more specific statistic than 'plenty'. You don't see something wrong with a huge percentage of your posts being in defense of your actions? It means you're doing a job consistently unfavorable to the users. e.i. I favor new mods. :D

You'll find that the MAJORITY of users here have no major qualms with the mods, and any minor issues are no worse than with any mods. No mod is perfect. All those times that the mods have to defend themselves are always against the same people, namely you... and in the past there were a couple recurring folks. This guy seems new to the bitching, but there is still a vast majority that has no issues with the mods. If just those 2 or 3 loudmouthed dicks like yourself would just shut the fuck up, the mods wouldn't ever have to defend themselves.

Mota Boy
10-12-2007, 10:01 PM
Oh joy! There's nothing that please me more than seeing plenty of activity in my little forum!

Please Mark - stay here and continue to pound your head against this issue again and again and again! It never gets old, it never gets resolved, and there are always multiple people willing to "discuss" it with you. It's like the gift that keeps on giving!

TheOldMark
10-14-2007, 10:02 AM
Yeah, so about that, you wanna provide that statistic or not?

You're not a good liar, Mark. The routine isn't working anymore.

Stupid fuck.

Well Johnny, lying would be stating a fact that is untrue. Lying is NOT asking for a statistic on your behavioral trends.

If cretins (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/cretin) such as yourself continue to attack the mods at every turn, then of course a large part of their posts will be in defense of themselves. It's simple logic.

They attack me first, I defend myself. They attack other members, members defend themselves, they are always on the defense after that. Constantly on the defense they are. Show me a thread where I attack a moderator before they attack me, and I will send you $20 USD.

If just those 2 or 3 loudmouthed dicks like yourself would just shut the fuck up, the mods wouldn't ever have to defend themselves.

We'd have a great forum for discussion if the mods didnt harass anyone who expresses and opinion.

JohnnyNemesis
10-14-2007, 10:07 AM
They attack me first, I defend myself.

Yeah, 'cause that's exactly what happened in this thread, right?

Show me a thread where I attack a moderator before they attack me, and I will send you $20 USD.

You owe me $20, liar. (http://offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30496)

I accept PayPal.

ps. i favor new mods lololo.

TheOldMark
10-14-2007, 11:30 AM
Yeah, 'cause that's exactly what happened in this thread, right?

You owe me $20, liar. (http://offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30496)

I accept PayPal.

ps. i favor new mods lololo.

oh johnny, get a hobby. that wasn't in reference to a mod's post.

Thomas
10-14-2007, 12:01 PM
Really?

http://offspring.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1048130&postcount=4

JohnnyNemesis
10-14-2007, 12:16 PM
He's going to argue that it wasn't in reference to a specific mod's post...which makes no sense...which is exactly the kind of thing he does.

nieh
10-14-2007, 12:23 PM
You people are crazy. Mark never ATTACKS anyone. He just baits them.

(I originally posted this in the wrong thread. Shut up).

TheOldMark
10-14-2007, 12:51 PM
Really?

yeah man thats me agreeing with the thread poster, and explaining what to do about it.

JohnnyNemesis
10-14-2007, 12:57 PM
You're a fucking idiot.

Little_Miss_1565
10-14-2007, 01:26 PM
Really?

Um, yeah. Seconded.

Llamas
10-14-2007, 02:09 PM
They attack me first, I defend myself. They attack other members, members defend themselves, they are always on the defense after that. Constantly on the defense they are. Show me a thread where I attack a moderator before they attack me, and I will send you $20 USD.

You also owe me $20 (http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28693)

TheOldMark
10-14-2007, 02:19 PM
You also owe me $20 (http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28693)

without repeating my earlier point, it looks like a mod edited that one

Llamas
10-14-2007, 02:36 PM

Yes, and he made it more appropriate. Who cares if he edited the post? You made a thread titled "I favor new mods". THAT alone is an attack.

TheOldMark
10-14-2007, 04:47 PM
Yes, and he made it more appropriate. Who cares if he edited the post? You made a thread titled "I favor new mods". THAT alone is an attack.

you should read the whole post to get the background on that. it was pretty damn provoked.

drex878
10-14-2007, 05:06 PM
Ok, seriously, fighting on the bbs is hella lame. Remember what happened with endless_st0rm?

Thomas
10-14-2007, 05:08 PM
yeah man thats me agreeing with the thread poster, and explaining what to do about it.

And in doing so, you attacked the mods.

0r4ng3
10-14-2007, 05:30 PM
Ok, seriously, fighting on the bbs is hella lame. Remember what happened with endless_st0rm?
I don't know who endless_st0rm is, but he's got a point. It's like arguing with a brick wall. If you yourself were also a brick wall.

Mota Boy
10-14-2007, 06:06 PM

Yes, it does look like that. But considering that your post is quoted in its entirety two posts later (and considering that the "editing" was done several days after the thread was closed [I think I put up an "apology" during the April Fools prank... either that or intentionally edited it to something insulting to make the case for my own "removal" from power more justified]), AND considering that the entire content of the post consists of the title of the thread you created... you'd have to be pretty far gone to insinuate that I altered anything to besmirch your good name.

mrconeman
10-15-2007, 05:54 AM
lol in this thread theoldmark gets mad @ internet

TheOldMark
10-15-2007, 07:46 AM
... you'd have to be pretty far gone to insinuate that I altered anything to besmirch your good name.

just enough to not honor a bet.

Little_Miss_1565
10-15-2007, 08:30 AM
just enough to not honor a bet.

You still attacked moderators (unedited) unprovoked in this topic. Put up or shut up.

TheOldMark
10-15-2007, 09:02 AM
You still attacked moderators (unedited) unprovoked in this topic. Put up or shut up.

So then anyone who agrees with you is attacking me? Because I was simply agreeing with and supporting the poster.

Little_Miss_1565
10-15-2007, 09:10 AM
So then anyone who agrees with you is attacking me? Because I was simply agreeing with and supporting the poster.

Spin it any way you want, you're still a doubletalking hypocrite.

JohnnyNemesis
10-15-2007, 09:15 AM
Hey Mark, you don't see anything wrong with such a large percentage of your posts in this thread being in defense of your actions?

lol.

RickyCrack
10-15-2007, 10:20 AM
why argue with it. just call it a fag until it shuts up.

ninthlayer
10-15-2007, 11:03 AM
RC makes a valid point.

Thomas
10-15-2007, 10:16 PM
TheOldMark=TOM=TheOffspringsMonkey

our bbs seems to have a problem with Toms.

oh shit...

Vera
10-16-2007, 05:36 AM
There was one user on the red-on-white board whose name was 'tom tom tom', I jokingly said "Tom's kind of gay name" and he took and left the board.

Mark's kind of a gay name.

nieh
10-16-2007, 09:50 AM
:mad: :mad: :mad:

HeadAroundU
10-16-2007, 12:06 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad:

Everything I Am
10-16-2007, 01:11 PM
:p :p :p

HeadAroundU
10-16-2007, 02:21 PM
/\
1. Hello, how are you?
2. Who are you?
3. Have your posts got deleted too?

Everything I Am
10-16-2007, 02:41 PM
1. Hello, how are you?

:)

2. Who are you?

Me.

3. Have your posts got deleted too?

Nope, that was my first post.

HeadAroundU
10-16-2007, 02:52 PM
Me.
Aren't you EVERYTHING? :p :p :p

Everything I Am
10-16-2007, 03:01 PM
Aren't you EVERYTHING? :p :p :p

If that were true, my name would be "I Am Everything" instead of "Everything I Am". "Everything I Am" means, well...everything I am...

JohnnyNemesis
10-16-2007, 03:08 PM
Everything I'm not made me everything I am.

HeadAroundU
10-16-2007, 03:37 PM
If that were true, my name would be "I Am Everything" instead of "Everything I Am". "Everything I Am" means, well...everything I am...
It's just switched word order. Both sentences are equal, at least in Slavic languages. But one way is predominant, at least for me. :D

Llamas
10-16-2007, 05:58 PM
It's just switched word order. Both sentences are equal, at least in Slavic languages. But one way is predominant, at least for me. :D

In English, they're different. "Everything I am" means more like "everything that makes me who I am".

HeadAroundU
10-17-2007, 09:10 AM
Thank you for clearing that up.