PDA

View Full Version : The Bosstones Are Back!!!!

StayInTheHouseCarl
10-12-2007, 09:23 AM
Yesterday, the Mighty Mighty Bosstones announced they will be returning with 5 shows in Boston for their 10th Hometown Throwdown, at the Middle East. They haven't confirmed or denied the chance of a tour afterwards, but even if not, it makes me happy really to know they are back! I might just fly out to Boston in December.

www.bosstonesmusic.com

jacknife737
10-12-2007, 11:31 AM
I already brought this up in the ska thread but w/e.... I'm still super stoked for this. I've been blasting Live from the Middle East all day, while i contemplate planning a road trip to Boston. I know they only might just play the throw down, and that’s it, but I’m hoping they have other shows (or even an album!!!) planned, why would they bring back their website to just help promote 5 shows?

SkunkIt
10-12-2007, 04:39 PM
Usally comeback bands suck.

bouncingcoles
10-14-2007, 12:57 PM
Yesterday, the Mighty Mighty Bosstones announced they will be returning with 5 shows in Boston for their 10th Hometown Throwdown, at the Middle East. They haven't confirmed or denied the chance of a tour afterwards, but even if not, it makes me happy really to know they are back! I might just fly out to Boston in December.

www.bosstonesmusic.com

ya im going to that because i live in Boston. too bad you cant HAHAHA

Little_Miss_1565
10-14-2007, 02:05 PM
I love and miss Boston dearly, and I am glad that this little piece of Boston is coming back to life. It's hilarious, having drinks at the Middle East and there's the platinum record for Let's Face It.

StayInTheHouseCarl
10-15-2007, 12:25 PM
ya im going to that because i live in Boston. too bad you cant HAHAHA

lol i never said i couldnt...im seriously contemplating a trip to boston....sucka! :D

jacknife737
11-16-2007, 01:34 PM
Bosstones update!!!!!

They are releasing a new album on December 18th, with 3 newly recorded tracks, plus some b-sides, unreleased stuff, etc. Its called Medium Rare http://www.punknews.org/article/26542
1. This List
2. The Meaning
3. Don't Worry Desmond Decker
4. California
5. The One With The Woes All Over It
6. So Many Ways
7. Reason To Toast
8. Who's Fooling Who?
9. Katie
10. This Time Of Year
11. Chocolate Pudding
12. Is It?
13. Favorite Records

As well the band is posting a bi-weekly mini-documentary called “Road To Throwdown”, http://www.mi145.com/index.html?episode=534

bouncingcoles
11-16-2007, 02:34 PM
lol i never said i couldnt...im seriously contemplating a trip to boston....sucka! :D

id like to see you try, tickets sold out 4 minutes after going on sale

StayInTheHouseCarl
11-16-2007, 06:24 PM
i know they did.
the ticket wasnt a problem.... but a 700 dollar plane ticket, and hotel room... cuz its during the holidays..was the problem.

and i was supposed to see them for free at Jimmy Kimmel live, but its being rescheduled due to the writers strike

Camilamazed
11-19-2007, 07:50 AM
If it weren't for Clueless I would never be this happy.

=D

StayInTheHouseCarl
03-02-2008, 10:40 AM
bumpage!

did anyone else see the bosstones show last night at the avalon in Hollywood?

It was pretty fucking awesome. other bands on the bill were the pietasters and the street dogs.
Even after 5 years, the Bosstones had always stuck in my head as one of the best live bands I've seen, and they certainly delivered last night. Let's hope they soon decide to stick around for a little while. Dicky might have aged, but his voice still sounds as great as it did the last time around.

Only complaint..the venue becomes a dance club at night, so the show had to end by 1045, but to remedy that a little bit, the pietasters started at 730 instead of 8.

jacknife737
03-02-2008, 10:58 AM
setlist?

But yeah, it doesn't really look like they will be going away anytime soon and that's a good thing.

StayInTheHouseCarl
03-02-2008, 12:15 PM
i dont know the exact order, but i do definitely remember they did open with Dr. D!!

also played:
- Devil's Night Out
- Hope I Never Lose My Wallet
- Do Somethin Crazy
- Where'd You Go
- Someday I Suppose
- Kinder Words
- Pictures to Prove It
- Rascal King
-Royal Oil
- Impression that I get
- 1-2-8
- Let Me Be
- Sugar Free
- AWESOME cover of the Clash's "Rudie Can't Fail"
- Dont Worry Desmond Dekker

I have blanked on the rest for right now, but when I remember I'll post more.

Dicky said him and Ben decided that "as long as Ben is walking and I'm talking...we're gonna keep rocking"
I certainly hope they adhere to that. The world is much brighter with the Bosstones in it.

bouncingcoles
03-03-2008, 09:08 AM
its too bad they didnt play more from lets face it or pay attention. i like those albums the most.

StayInTheHouseCarl
03-03-2008, 09:52 AM
ya, i definitely think they wouldve, if the place didnt have to be cleared out for the disco dance club at 11pm....
...one reason i hate hollywood sometimes.

jacknife737
03-04-2008, 09:07 PM
- Let Me Be
- Sugar Free
- Dont Worry Desmond Dekker

Awsome setlist... i would've loved to hear these three live.