i think they are sending too much news

nightvision
10-13-2007, 10:41 AM
i think they are sending too much news

Yeah, me too. I hate jews.

Little_Miss_1565
10-13-2007, 11:53 AM
What if there isn't any news to send?

Seriously, the only thing more boring than being in the studio is soundcheck.

DefaultNinja
10-13-2007, 01:56 PM
I try to see it like this..

The Offspring aren't like most other bands out there that are putting out a new album or something, at least not this time around and at least not yet.

You get bands like Angels and Airwaves for example, who are posting something new about their new album 2-3 times a month, and thats excluding about how "revolutionary" it will be and how other music is obsolete (yeah I made that up, but hey). By the time the album has come out, (if you're following it) you've already heard most of it, plus you have a pretty basic idea of what it is about, what happened during the recording, where they are touring and when and why.

And that's from practically the first month or so of a new album being announced.

However, The Offspring first mentioned a new album at least 3-4 years ago now. They have bestowed us with very very little information. This includes the Weekly Journal which dried up and soon became a tri-monthly journal. Only recently have we heard definitively new material from the 8th album, which is still untitled. We now have a new incite into the recording process, via a studio webcam. Before that Dex's journals would come around rarely and contain tantalizingly small morsels of info, just enough to keep us interested and definitely no way to over hype us.

Now remember what I said about other bands and how we are filled in on their new albums. Personally I prefer not having shit loads of info chucked at us until it becomes not that interesting anymore, but hey, that's just me. I do admit that I would like a studio version of 'Hammerhead' quite desperately, but it can wait... 'cause when you are a fan of The Offspring and you visit here, that's what you do. You wait. 2 months since the last journal update, but still we wait.
Sure enough, when the album is nearing release the band will probably be interviewed a lot, as well as tell us lots of stuff about the new album and stuff, but not yet. We've hung on and we can hang on for longer.

I can't believe I bothered to type something most will never read... meh.

nightvision
10-13-2007, 02:13 PM

I read it, but I'm only keeping my eyes on this thread to see if someone comments on my earlier post which was very funny. Ha.

drex878
10-13-2007, 02:28 PM
I read it, but I'm only keeping my eyes on this thread to see if someone comments on my earlier post which was very funny. Ha.

Yeah, your post wasn't funny...

jacknife737
10-13-2007, 03:30 PM
I agree with DefaultNinja, its nice to be updated once in a while, but overall i don't want to be oversaturated with information concerning the album. By keeping us in the dark somewhat, it'll make listening to the album (for the very first time) that much more special.

Yeah, your post wasn't funny...
Seconded.

JohnnyNemesis
10-13-2007, 03:31 PM
Fucking thirded. That post was weak as hell.

mrconeman
10-13-2007, 03:34 PM
People should learn that the words "Jews", and "Ebay" and "rape" don't instantly make anything funny. And in fact it has quite the opposite effect.

0r4ng3
10-13-2007, 03:37 PM
Cue the post with all three words at another weak attempt at being funny.

I say that because I was totally about to do that.

ANDiTKO
10-13-2007, 03:47 PM
i think the offspring should post more news and keep us updated for the new album.talking about other bands.. do you remember the "minutes to midnight"album from linkin park?They released the What iv done video clip before releasing the album!and you all know what was the result huh?Best seller album, yeah.

Minutes to Midnight sold over 600,000 copies in its first week, making it one of the most successful debut week albums in recent years. The album also captured the top spot on the Billboard Charts.

i remember linkin park talking about the new album before its release,posting videos on their official youtube LPTV (http://www.youtube.com/user/linkinparktv) channel,talking about it, and people gone crazy http://www.adslgr.com/forum/images/smilies/tongue.gif.Do you remember that counter in their official sites that was keeping us updated and informing us how many minutes left to the official release of their album?It was realy cool.i think offspring must do something similar (and guys,try not be offencive this time saying "shut uP" offspring are punk rock band,they don want to be commercial blahblahblaa, but making a song like "hit that" wasn't so punk huh?)

nightvision
10-13-2007, 03:58 PM
Haha! Wow... Didn't expect such "serious" reactions. Both my previous posts were very light-hearted and were made mainly for my own entertainment :).
Great success though, I'm entertained.

mrconeman
10-13-2007, 04:02 PM
Cue the post with all three words at another weak attempt at being funny.

I say that because I was totally about to do that.

I admit I considered it for about a second.

JohnnyNemesis
10-13-2007, 04:06 PM
Haha! Wow... Didn't expect such "serious" reactions.

By "serious", do you mean "negative"? 'Cause there was nothing serious about any of our responses...we were just telling you the truth, that's all.

nightvision
10-13-2007, 04:10 PM
By "serious", do you mean "negative"? 'Cause there was nothing serious about any of our responses...we were just telling you the truth, that's all.

No, didn't mean it like that. I really didn't think it was a good joke either :).
Telling the truth = Being serious. Kinda.

drex878
10-13-2007, 05:58 PM
...Mmmkay

Back to the topic of this thread. I think an update would be nice, just to know whats going on, since we haven't had once since August. But I mean, regardless if we get more news soon or not, I really don't care.

Skinny
10-13-2007, 08:49 PM

Hey man, I read it!

zsk
10-14-2007, 07:49 AM
I mean,
they can send more about the new album,ok maybe they have not so much to tell,but they send a tracklist or the name of the new album

I think they have got more informations than I or you :cool:

0r4ng3
10-14-2007, 07:53 AM
I think they have got more informations than I or you :cool:
I'm no conspiracy theorist, but I think you're right about this.

zsk
10-14-2007, 07:57 AM
Yes but they can find a name for the album early!

And what about the studiocam?Nothing is going on there in the moment

STAY TUNED BACK SOON... Teribble!

TheOldMark
10-14-2007, 08:46 AM
However, The Offspring first mentioned a new album at least 3-4 years ago now. They have bestowed us with very very little information. This includes the Weekly Journal which dried up and soon became a tri-monthly journal. Only recently have we heard definitively new material from the 8th album, which is still untitled. We now have a new incite into the recording process, via a studio webcam. Before that Dex's journals would come around rarely and contain tantalizingly small morsels of info, just enough to keep us interested and definitely no way to over hype us.

Now remember what I said about other bands and how we are filled in on their new albums. Personally I prefer not having shit loads of info chucked at us until it becomes not that interesting anymore, but hey, that's just me. I do admit that I would like a studio version of 'Hammerhead' quite desperately, but it can wait... 'cause when you are a fan of The Offspring and you visit here, that's what you do. You wait. 2 months since the last journal update, but still we wait.
Sure enough, when the album is nearing release the band will probably be interviewed a lot, as well as tell us lots of stuff about the new album and stuff, but not yet. We've hung on and we can hang on for longer.

You make some good points here. The Offspring aren't necessarily lazy and uncaring for their fans, they know what they're doing, they don't want to ruin it.
I recently got tapped to cover managing duties for an unsigned band on Long Island. I've had a limited hand in some of their writing already, but I'm also their biggest fan. So when their front man was going through some of the material they have quasi-finished, I said look, I wanna hear this and this before your study time is up, so I can tell you if it sucks. But I dont want to hear this and this until its finished. I think getting bits and peices of things can ruin the finished product. And yeah, theres no point in hyping it up, because it will never meet our expectations.

As genius as the band is, I still wanna know why the recording process has taken well over a year, and what the hold up is. I'd wanna know just how much of it is finished. Is everything done except vocals and Dexter just needs a few more weeks to write some witty lyrics? That'd be great to know. Did they totally fuck something up and redo it? Will Axle Rose have the last laugh?

Everything I Am
10-16-2007, 01:46 PM
The news is falling, the news is falling, and enemies are rising