PDA

View Full Version : Super mod?

Kitten
10-23-2007, 06:34 AM
So what's a super mod do that a normal mod cannot?

Mota Boy
10-23-2007, 10:03 AM
Much like the Pope, the Super Moderator is considered to be the "Vicar of Dexter", meaning that the Super Moderator is seen as a conduit of the band on the forum - a semi-mythical creature whose words and actions us lesser mortals are not allowed to question, for they come from on high and are beyond our meager comprehension. Also, she gets to wear a costume.

Little_Miss_1565
10-23-2007, 10:14 AM
Haha. What he said. I collect quarters to light candles at the band shrine and leap tall buildings in a single bound.

A super moderator can moderate in all forums and can execute ban requests from the moderators. Nothing's really changed operationally.

Mannen som blev en gris
10-23-2007, 10:17 AM
can execute ban requests from the moderators.

= ban people?

Little_Miss_1565
10-23-2007, 10:20 AM
It's not like I can ban anyone indiscriminately. There's a process.

Mannen som blev en gris
10-23-2007, 10:26 AM
So you can't ban someone by just pressing a button? Then what's the difference between that and a regular mod?

Little_Miss_1565
10-23-2007, 10:30 AM
Yeah, banning people. However, bans are approved by due process with the moderators. I'm still responsible to the admins and the people who run this site.

Side note, been meaning to tell everyone this, but if you have any comments about how things are being run here, you can send a PM to Mod Admin (http://offspring.com/forums/member.php?u=13071).

Mannen som blev en gris
10-23-2007, 10:31 AM
oic ty etc

0r4ng3
10-23-2007, 10:34 AM
Wait, what's this about a super mod? When did we get one? Are there radioactive forum spiders running around again?

Kitten
10-23-2007, 02:24 PM
Check out the forum leaders page.

Vera
10-23-2007, 02:33 PM
Yeah 1565 has to wear a cape whenever she mods because of this change.

TheOldMark
10-23-2007, 02:35 PM
So what's a super mod do that a normal mod cannot?

super mod told me not to answer questions about one particular song I am prevvy to.

TheOldMark
10-23-2007, 02:36 PM
Check out the forum leaders page.

theres a page for this?

Little_Miss_1565
10-23-2007, 02:38 PM
super mod told me not to answer questions about one particular song I am prevvy to.

Um, yeah, because it's 100% against the rules to gossip about the band's families. Especially if it's something you're "prevvy" to, which I know you're not.

Mannen som blev en gris
10-23-2007, 02:50 PM
theres a page for this?

http://www.offspring.com/forums/showgroups.php

Also, could someone tell me why we have that many admins but most of them are never seen?

Little_Miss_1565
10-23-2007, 02:56 PM
Also, could someone tell me why we have that many admins but most of them are never seen?

They're different people. They do do things, some more than others, and not always if ever seen because of their settings. Woot. :)

JohnnyNemesis
10-23-2007, 05:10 PM

Well, yeah. It is blatantly against the rules to do so when it comes to the song you're talking about. You do know that, right?

TheOldMark
10-25-2007, 07:31 AM
Well, yeah. It is blatantly against the rules to do so when it comes to the song you're talking about. You do know that, right?

Show me the blatant rule preventing discussion of song meanings.

Rag Doll
10-25-2007, 09:16 AM
They're different people. They do do things, some more than others, and not always if ever seen because of their settings. Woot. :)

yeah. a lot of the mods are on invisible.

and some of us (*cough*me*cough*) lurk online all the time, hiding out. yes.

JohnnyNemesis
10-25-2007, 09:18 AM
Show me the blatant rule preventing discussion of song meanings.

There's nothing wrong with discussing song meanings, but when doing so with that song, it gets a bit too much into their personal lives.

Besides, you admit yourself that this wasn't just some discussion of song meanings. It was about information you were privy to. If you're privy to information that personal/private, I'm not sure I understand why you'd share it...

Endymion
10-25-2007, 10:42 AM
privy

see, that's where you're wrong. he's prevvy to it, not privy.

and mark, the rule is right here (http://www.offspring.com/forums/showpost.php?p=670643&postcount=1).

- Don't talk about the private lifes of the band.

TheOldMark
10-25-2007, 11:38 AM
There's nothing wrong with discussing song meanings, but when doing so with that song, it gets a bit too much into their personal lives.

Besides, you admit yourself that this wasn't just some discussion of song meanings. It was about information you were privy to. If you're privy to information that personal/private, I'm not sure I understand why you'd share it...

dude... its common knowledge what Gone Away is about. If some jerk off doesn't know and asks a question about it, someone will answer [note that in this particular thread, the poster asked if the story was true, although it was correct not all the facts were accurate, post should have been deleted right there]. the story behind it has been discussed on this board for nearly 10 years, Nobody has ever stifled that discussion until now.
Telling people that when Noodles was a janitor he did cocaine (theoretical demonstration- not true), or discussing where a certain daughter goes to school, is a different, and inappropriate.

JohnnyNemesis
10-25-2007, 11:53 AM
True indeed, but we've been asked to limit that kind of discussion now.

TheOldMark
10-25-2007, 12:04 PM
True indeed, but we've been asked to limit that kind of discussion now.

perfectly fair explanation.

RickyCrack
10-25-2007, 12:58 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v372/ricky2tone/and20it20feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeels.jpg

Jakebert
11-05-2007, 09:36 AM
dude... its common knowledge what Gone Away is about. If some jerk off doesn't know and asks a question about it, someone will answer [note that in this particular thread, the poster asked if the story was true, although it was correct not all the facts were accurate, post should have been deleted right there]. the story behind it has been discussed on this board for nearly 10 years, Nobody has ever stifled that discussion until now.

Not true. The majority of the time I've been here, that topic has been off-limits and threads about have been closed or deleted.

F@ BANKZ
11-05-2007, 03:59 PM
Agreed with Jakebert. People think that Dexter's not responding is given proof that Gone Away is based on the subject in question, but he may well be trying to remain detached from intrusive fans by keeping away from personal rumours.

(Double appologies, I know I shouldn't have gone there)

Marco
11-07-2007, 11:35 AM
"With the advent of the new Offspring album, there will be a new influx of fans to the board."
I love this sentence, it makes the new album look like it's going to be so successful!

Little_Miss_1565
11-07-2007, 01:03 PM
"With the advent of the new Offspring album, there will be a new influx of fans to the board."
I love this sentence, it makes the new album look like it's going to be so successful!

It's happened every album since Smash so it bears repeating, eh?

F@ BANKZ
11-07-2007, 03:33 PM
I'm more interested in the implication the album is now soon to be released.

Little_Miss_1565
11-07-2007, 03:40 PM
I'm more interested in the implication the album is now soon to be released.

I think it's safe to say that's reading a bit much into it.

Marco
11-08-2007, 06:46 AM
It's happened every album since Smash so it bears repeating, eh?
Oh, I didn't know that. But as I'm a young chap who has never "experienced" a new album, I get that feeling. :rolleyes: