PDA

View Full Version : Avenged Sevenfold

EMehl6
10-23-2007, 09:54 AM
I couldn't believe there wasn't a thread on these guys. Probably because the last album released, "City of Evil" was such a shitty album, with the exception of a few songs. I was a fan of these guys before they even released "Sounding the Seventh Trumpet", and I'm here to tell you their new album is probably the best one they've done, from a music and stylistic standpoint. It still doesn't top "Waking the Fallen" for me, because they decided to cut out the screaming, but, it's a really solid album. I found the leak of the new album, and put it into a savefile project.

New Avenged Sevenfold Album (http://www.savefile.com/projects/808554504)

Let me know what you think.

H1T_That
10-23-2007, 11:29 AM
Its very meh. Nothing at all stands out for me. It may grow on me after a couple more listens.

EMehl6
10-23-2007, 12:07 PM
Really? I was pretty impressed, but, like I said, it may be because it's much more like the first two albums, which I loved, and really nothing like City of Evil, which was a giant disappointment to me.

H1T_That
10-23-2007, 12:12 PM
I agree with what you say about City Of Evil being a dissapointment. Saying this however, i like none of thier albums as whole albums, merely tracks from each.

With the success of City Of Evil, it seems to me like the band realise that they've become a household name now, and it really showed on the album. I got the impression "yeah, we've made it...We can write what the fuck we want now and not really try, cuz' you'll buy it anyway."

EMehl6
10-23-2007, 12:18 PM
Yeah, I see what you're saying, but, I also disagree a bit. I mean, yeah, I'm sure they have realized they can write whatever they want now and it will sell pretty good, but I don't think they've gotten too full of themselves, because, "City of Evil" pissed off a lot of their orginal fanbase, but drew in a bunch of wannabe fags.

I think they realized this, and made an album that both could enjoy, because, yeah, there's no screaming, and a lot more pop-hooks and shit in this album than the first two, but the overall sylistics are much more like the first two, and I think that was to appease the original fans and attempt to bring them back.

I mean, you can actually call this album a metal album without laughing. COE, on the otherhand, you couldn't.

H1T_That
10-23-2007, 12:38 PM
Yeah, i see what you mean.

bouncingcoles
10-24-2007, 09:05 AM
i heard two of the new avenged sevenfold songs and i really dont think they are very good at all. expecially the new single, it sounds really nu metally and it just sucks. plus the video is fucking retarted. those guys have such ego's its fucking rediculous

EMehl6
10-24-2007, 09:57 AM
i heard two of the new avenged sevenfold songs and i really dont think they are very good at all. expecially the new single, it sounds really nu metally and it just sucks. plus the video is fucking retarted. those guys have such ego's its fucking rediculous

The single is probably the worst song on the album. You should listen to some of the other stuff, you may like it. And I've never heard anyone say they have huge egos, in fact, usually people say they're real down to earth, cool guys. What makes you think they're like that?

And also, I saw them play live on Spike TV's Scream Awards last night, and they were amazing. Ironically, they played their song "Scream" off the new album. Check that one out, much more like old A7X.

IAmARevenant
10-27-2007, 10:34 PM
/i used to like them alot. Now they're just okay, though I did like Almost Easy and I'm downloading their new album right now.

TBD
10-28-2007, 01:46 AM
What's the worst thing about being an Avenged Sevenfold fan?

Telling your parents you are gay.

LOLZ

Come out and smash'em up!
10-28-2007, 06:16 AM
I really like both waking the fallen and city of evil, favorites from WTF are Remenissions (fucking awesome), eternal rest and second heartbeat. Best songs from COE imo are bat country and trashed and scattered. I really look foward to the new album:D

EMehl6
10-28-2007, 11:07 AM
I like their early stuff the best, nothing will ever beat that. City of Evil sucked ass in my opinion. You couldn't even call it a metal album. The new S/T album is much better than COE, going back more toward their older style. If you want to listen to it, a link to the album is on the first page of this thread.

IAmARevenant
10-29-2007, 06:12 AM
What's the worst thing about being an Avenged Sevenfold fan?

Having to deal with bastards like you.

EMehl6
10-29-2007, 03:26 PM
And the little teeny-boppers who have no idea what "Waking the Fallen" and "Sounding the Seventh Trumpet" are, and may refer to them as 'scary music'. I've encountered all of that. Sickening.

IAmARevenant
10-30-2007, 07:50 PM
Nah, the A7X haters who flame anyone who likes the band as "gay" or other immature names like that are worse for me.

Camel Filters
10-30-2007, 08:12 PM
I just bought there new CD today and I thought it was a very good CD. I liked it a lot. City of evil was a little bit better.

TBD
10-30-2007, 10:26 PM
Nah, the A7X haters who flame anyone who likes the band as "gay" or other immature names like that are worse for me.

I was just making a joke. Chill out. They're an ok band.

.:SMASH:.
10-31-2007, 01:11 AM
I love this album!

I've been a fan for 2-3 years and ths is the best I've heard. My fav song on the album is easily Little Piece of Heaven followed by Almost Easy then Dear God and Critical Acclaim...Gunsligner is also a great one.

In fact there are no bad songs on this album. I have no idea why everyone talks about it so negatively...except for those idiots who think that when a band changes they are sell outs....urgh..I can understand that I guess...understand how immature they are. Christ, grow up and look up at the big picture.

Anyway yeah I'd give this one a 10/10. Great listen.

bd007h
10-31-2007, 06:05 PM
It's pretty good, but I'd probably rank the albums:

1. Waking The Fallen
2. City Of Evil
3. Avenged Sevenfold
4. Sounding The Seventh Trumpet

crrrN
11-06-2007, 06:20 PM
Avenged Sevenfold is my favorite band, they really have such a unique style of creating their stuff. I really dig the new stuff.

I love every album except Sounding the Seventh Trumpet which, vocally is just a piece of crap, the music on it is pretty cool.

A7X Kicks ass.