PDA

View Full Version : US Primaries

EMehl6
10-24-2007, 02:11 PM
The Primaries in the US are quickly approaching. Thoughts? Who do you support?

wheelchairman
10-24-2007, 03:51 PM
I was considering registering as a democrat. But I'm probably too lazy.

EMehl6
10-24-2007, 03:56 PM
I was considering registering as a democrat. But I'm probably too lazy.

Haha. Along with most of the American public. Are you registered as something else already, or just never got around to registering, period?

I'm pretty excited, being as this will be the first major election I can take part in.

wheelchairman
10-24-2007, 04:16 PM
I think I registered as independent, which is kinda useless. But I mean the Oregon primary isn't exactly major either.

wheelchairman
10-24-2007, 04:17 PM
Personally I think it's funner to take part in the Danish election. The more parties means that a government has to make a coalition, so even if you vote for a smaller party, it will have some influence in parliament and in government.

TBD
10-24-2007, 04:20 PM
I'm registered as independent but still pretty sure I can vote in the California primaries for whichever party I feel like.

EMehl6
10-24-2007, 04:28 PM
Personally I think it's funner to take part in the Danish election. The more parties means that a government has to make a coalition, so even if you vote for a smaller party, it will have some influence in parliament and in government.

How do you take part in the Danish elections if you live in the US?

wheelchairman
10-24-2007, 04:30 PM
I live in Denmark and have duel citizenship. I usually don't participate in local American elections because I don't feel right in participating in the local politics of a place where I won't feel the consequences. I don't know where that moral came from, it's not really like me.

EMehl6
10-24-2007, 04:32 PM
I live in Denmark and have duel citizenship. I usually don't participate in local American elections because I don't feel right in participating in the local politics of a place where I won't feel the consequences. I don't know where that moral came from, it's not really like me.

Oh ok, so you don't actually live in the US. That's cool you have duel citizenship though. Are you from the US, or Denmark?

wheelchairman
10-24-2007, 04:35 PM
What do you mean from? I was born in Denmark, raised in the US. I feel like a product of both. I would call myself an American living in Denmark (and quite content at being that). That's about as well as I can answer your question.

EMehl6
10-24-2007, 04:39 PM
What do you mean from? I was born in Denmark, raised in the US. I feel like a product of both. I would call myself an American living in Denmark (and quite content at being that). That's about as well as I can answer your question.

That answers it fine.

Rag Doll
10-24-2007, 11:32 PM
It's starting too early. Candidates need too much money to get any sort of recognition.

I'm a registered Democrat (though, I'm far more liberal...I registered as a Dem for the primaries). I'm voting for Clinton.

EMehl6
10-25-2007, 08:45 AM
It's starting too early. Candidates need too much money to get any sort of recognition.

Yeah, we really do need to fix that. The only people who can afford to run for president, or any office for that matter, nowadays are basically slimeballs that left a trail of people with knives in their back (sometimes literally) to get to where they are.

I'm a registered Democrat (though, I'm far more liberal...I registered as a Dem for the primaries). I'm voting for Clinton.

Meh, I'm not a big Clinton fan. She scares me. But then again, I'm a registered republican, and I'm voting for Romney lol.

TBD
10-27-2007, 10:23 PM
I'm a registered republican, and I'm voting for Romney lol.

I don't understand how anyone with any self respect could vote for that fucking douche bag Romney. You must have less than 5 brain cells to vote for that hypocritical, contradictory, political hack piece of shit.

I'd rather have four more years of Bush.

EMehl6
10-27-2007, 10:48 PM
I don't understand how anyone with any self respect could vote for that fucking douche bag Romney. You must have less than 5 brain cells to vote for that hypocritical, contradictory, political hack piece of shit.

I'd rather have four more years of Bush.

I don't know where you came up with "hypocritcal and contradictory". Maybe you hate Mormons? Really, I couldn't give a fuck less. You're certainly not going to change my opinion by insulting me.

TBD
10-28-2007, 12:32 AM
He changes his viewpoints based on the people he's pandering his bullshit to more blatantly than any other political figure I've ever read about. He's a moderate when running for governor of liberal Massachusetts, and conservative when running for the republican presidential nomination. People like him are what is wrong with politics.

JohnnyNemesis
10-28-2007, 07:58 AM
I'm a registered republican

lol .

Rag Doll
10-28-2007, 08:36 AM
He changes his viewpoints based on the people he's pandering his bullshit to more blatantly than any other political figure I've ever read about. He's a moderate when running for governor of liberal Massachusetts, and conservative when running for the republican presidential nomination. People like him are what is wrong with politics.

Agreed. yup.

He's sort of like a slightly worse Republican version of John Kerry.

Mota Boy
10-28-2007, 09:09 AM
Ron Paul will solve all our problems.

wheelchairman
10-28-2007, 09:18 AM
Whenever I hear Ron Paul, I always picture RuPaul. It's very unfortunate.

XYlophonetreeZ
10-28-2007, 10:06 AM
Ron Paul supporters are of an alien species on a quest for domination. This is the only explanation that makes sense.

mrconeman
10-28-2007, 10:14 AM
The following takes place between 8:00pm and 9:00pm on the day of the California Presidential Primary.

Little_Miss_1565
10-28-2007, 12:59 PM
This election is a farce. Colbert 08!

EMehl6
10-29-2007, 02:14 PM
Dear God. How crazy would it be if he somehow won? It would be like that movie "Man of the Year" with Robin Williams.

0r4ng3
10-29-2007, 05:34 PM
God I hope it's nothing like Man of the Year.

EMehl6
10-29-2007, 07:13 PM
I take it you didn't like that movie lol.

sKratch
10-30-2007, 11:01 AM
I'm not registered for any party, because I think they're fucking crap. Our political system is broken. I really don't like any of the candidates.

Ron Paul will solve all our problems.

I like a lot of things about Paul, but I disagree with some issues that are pretty important to me. It's a damn shame that he gets no media attention.

TBD
10-30-2007, 10:56 PM
It's incredible how much support there is for Ron Paul now and how little support there is for the real libertarian party.

Ron Paul gets more media attention than other candidates with his chances of winning. He was on TV more than Sam Brownback ever was.