PDA

View Full Version : Metallica

German Andres
10-25-2007, 05:52 AM
Hey, what do you think? I just love them....I should say that I have been listening only to Metallica lately. Well, the first 4 albums (Kill them all/Ride the lightining/Mater of Puppets/...And Justice for all). these are extraordinary pieces, speccialy the last 2. The music is just awesome, never heard anything as good as Kirk Hammet and James Hetfield guitars...and both Cliff Burton (listen to his impressive bass solo, Anesthesia) and Jason Newsted were great bassist. And Lars Ulrich....well what could I say?? He might be an asshole, but he is incredible at drums.
They really were THE trash metal band....until the release of Load and the subsequent albums. what the hell happened to them? They really sucked...but I keep listening to their early works and feel happy to know that they were the best once. simply the best.I just wanted to say thanks to them...for making such an awesome song as One , my favourite song ever and the 4 albums that make my day.
what`s your opinion?

Autonomist
10-25-2007, 06:15 AM
Metallica put the "meh" in "me(h)tal."

jacknife737
10-25-2007, 06:59 AM
They're probably one of the only metal bands that i can stand to listen to, hell, i even like their 90s stuff.

Marco
10-25-2007, 08:47 AM
I love Metallica. Full Stop.

Punk-Freak
10-25-2007, 01:00 PM
Metallica sucks... well, their old albums were okay, but they suck.

And it's not because I don't like metal, ther's just so many great metal bands, so why the fuck listen to Metallica?

Marco
10-26-2007, 01:01 PM
Metallica sucks... well, their old albums were okay, but they suck.

And it's not because I don't like metal, ther's just so many great metal bands, so why the fuck listen to Metallica?
Shut the fuck up, don't try to look "hardcore" by saying shit, there are many great metal bands, and Metallica is one of them.

0r4ng3
10-26-2007, 05:18 PM
I don't think he was trying to look "hardcore", I think he was trying to look "honest".

mrconeman
10-26-2007, 05:25 PM

This was awesome.

Metallica have the odd decent song, but they're one of the most overblown bands ever, I think.

The Talking Pie
10-26-2007, 05:32 PM
This was awesome.

Metallica have the odd decent song, but they're one of the most overblown bands ever, I think.

Dude, low.

mrconeman
10-26-2007, 05:42 PM
I had a feeling you'd say that, so I've prepared an excuse.

Well, yeah I do like them, for the most part, but I just never saw anything to justify alot of the real hardcore metal head Metallica worship, and I hate to use that old cliche, but they really, really, have gone down hill this past 10 years.

DirtyYeso
10-26-2007, 06:23 PM
They are also one of my fave bands, The first 3 albums are really good and the fourth is very good also, the rest (including The Black Album) is not that good. Some good songs like Enter Sandman, The Unforgiven though...

H1T_That
10-27-2007, 09:25 AM
Anyone have any idea when their new album is coming out?

IAmARevenant
10-27-2007, 10:35 PM
Metallica are good, but not much compared to other metal bands I'm into.

The Talking Pie
10-28-2007, 03:18 AM
The thing with Metallica is that they're a very good band. And then during the early 2000s everyone in the media and music industry started unanimously declaring that they're the 'biggest band on the planet' and all this other jazz. And as good as they are, they're not quite there. Which is why I think there's a lot of animosity towards them by people. It especially explains the 'their last albums sucked' mentality -- Reload is a fucking masterful album, but because they've for some reason been typecasted as the most intense and awesome metal band of all time, it doesn't wash with people. (Could you imagine Metallica releasing something akin to The Joshua Tree or Grace? Great music, but it'd be torn to shreds by everyone.)

No one outside of the metal scene seemed to care about Metallica until St. Anger came out, and then the focus was on their first three albums, which I find odd.

Punk-Freak
10-28-2007, 12:36 PM
Shut the fuck up, don't try to look "hardcore" by saying shit, there are many great metal bands, and Metallica is one of them.

I wasn't trying to look hardcore... I was pissed.
But then again, that's my oppinion of Metallica and if you don't like it's just too bad.

disclaimer_07
12-30-2007, 07:30 AM
Actually I don't know their songs too well. Sometimes I listen to "Nothing Else Matters" and "Until It Sleeps", these are not all that bad.

Harnum
12-30-2007, 08:41 AM

Quoted for truth. Personally, I find Metallica to be boring and overrated. Yes, they do have millions of fans and have sold millions of albums, but I just think everyone always goes around saying, "Metallica is fuckin' sweet!" and I just fail to see it. I find the music a bore-fest!

EDIT: Before someone comes in in defense of Metallica and tries to attack me, it's just my personal opinion. I am entitled to it. lawlz.

nameless
12-30-2007, 04:11 PM
by the sounds of things the album will be out next summer and they are staying clear from the st anger thing!

Jakebert
12-30-2007, 08:17 PM
I'm not huge into them. The later stuff seems really watered down and uninspired, and the early worshipped stuff seemed really mechanical and uninteresting.

coke_a_holic
12-30-2007, 08:30 PM
Request that the title be changed to " 'Tallica."

I find that I dislike them until I'm listening to them, and then I find it hard to not get into the music. Then when it's over, I dislike them again. I don't get it, either.

'Tallica.

Llamas
12-31-2007, 12:12 AM
Metallica... well, first of all, there are very, very few bands that are loved by millions and are just plain huge that I don't think are insanely overrated or I even like (the ones I like include Queen, Tool, and Red Hot Chili Peppers off the top of my head). Almost all others I think are undeserving of such attention. Metallica is one of those many bands. I don't think they SUCK. I think they are all talented in one way or another, but they are so overhyped to the point of being annoying, and I get sick of hearing all their songs all the time. And not just the singles... people play their albums repeatedly everywhere.

I like their "ballads" like The Unforgiven and Nothing Else Matters. As for other songs, there are a few rock songs they have which I enjoy, sing along with, move my head to, etc. But it's the occasional song. I also think there are many better metal bands. I'd prefer to listen to Iron Maiden or Anthrax than Metallica, just to name a couple.

I guess that about sums it up.

IAmARevenant
12-31-2007, 05:01 PM
Metallica's alright; nothing more.

They have never been and will never be as good as Megadeth though. I guess that's why Kill 'Em All was their best album; Mustaine wrote all the songs.

German Andres
01-08-2008, 03:53 PM
Metallica's alright; nothing more.

They have never been and will never be as good as Megadeth though. I guess that's why Kill 'Em All was their best album; Mustaine wrote all the songs.

In my opinion, Kill them All is their worst album (well the second worst, the first one is Saint Anger). I mean James`s voice is horrible they were close to screams. And I didn`t like Mustaine guitar work (even though that by the time they recorded it Mustaine had already left and substituded by Kirk). Mustaine riffs are awesome (Reckoning Day, Angry Again, Simphony of Destruction are my favourites) some are better than Metallica but his solos aren`t as good as Kirk ones. I think they are very similar, just fast played stuff without real meaning. Kirk is much more melodic...lot better in my opinion.
For those reasons I think that Metallica is the best band, but that`s only my opinion.

grunge
01-11-2008, 02:05 PM
In my opinion Metallica is one of the best metal bands which have ever been.

I agree, the first 4 albums were the best but I don't think that other albums were bad. Metallica was developing and trying to make new sound, and I don't think that they made it bad. Maybe, a lot of their fans began to consider Metallica not like metal band but like pop band. Lars Urlich said about that determination: " Yes we're the pop band because Pop is proceed from the word Popular "

JohnnyNemesis
01-11-2008, 02:13 PM
I find that I dislike them until I'm listening to them, and then I find it hard to not get into the music. Then when it's over, I dislike them again. I don't get it, either.

Holy SHIT, I thought I was alone on this one!!!

Seriously. If you ask me whether Metallica is good or not, I'll say "meh". If you ask me whether I wanna listen to them or not, I'll say no. Let one of their songs come on shuffle, and I'll fucking SPLOOGE and be all like "Holy shit, holy fuck, this is so gooooooood". Then I'll go back to having no desire to listen to them.

The only songs this doesn't apply to:

Fade to Black Motorbreath, For Whom The Bell Tolls, Blackened. I always wanna hear those songs and I adore them.

Dead Kennedy
01-11-2008, 02:29 PM
I never listened to them, i just overheard some of their songs. And I don't really think that would ever listen to them. Not because they suck, it's because I'm to lazy to get over my computer, do a little research, and download their best songs.

iPunk247
02-09-2008, 07:46 PM
Metallica great band indeed.

DirtyYeso
02-09-2008, 11:54 PM
I never listened to them, i just overheard some of their songs. And I don't really think that would ever listen to them. Not because they suck, it's because I'm to lazy to get over my computer, do a little research, and download their best songs.

Your missing a great band dude...
Proly the best metal band in the 80' and one of the most influential of all time. I like the first four albums and RTL and MOP are among my all time favourite albums. Master Of Puppets is better imo though, the songs are so neatly done and they are all so tight, awesome riffs, blistering solos and beautiful melodic interludes.

cool 2 hate 681
07-18-2008, 07:15 PM
has anyone seen the cover for the new album death magnetic

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/2b/Deathmagneticcover.jpg

H1T_That
07-20-2008, 06:25 AM
oh man, that looks terrible.

Bodom J
07-20-2008, 03:48 PM
metallica sucks. Anyone who hasn't heard better guitar playing than the hammet/hetfield combination needs to wake up, pull your head out of your butt, and go find some more metal bands. As for their thrash stuff? So what. There were dozens upon dozens of thrash bands at the time that were playing faster, heavier, and better than metallica. Hell, A LOT of those bands are still playing faster, heavier, and better. People say, "well, metallica is old, that is why they suck"

No, there are bands as old or older than metallica who still play the same stuff. it's not about being old, it's about being lazy and stupid. Two words that perfectly describe metallica to a T. SO what if they are loved by millions? Does that make them good?

thank you, come again.

Free?
07-21-2008, 02:41 AM
Saw them live last night, only positive emotions. Down were playing on a warmup, they were awesome, Phil Anselmo is the man!

yellow
07-21-2008, 04:43 AM
Hey, what do you think? I just love them....I should say that I have been listening only to Metallica lately. Well, the first 4 albums (Kill them all/Ride the lightining/Mater of Puppets/...And Justice for all). these are extraordinary pieces, speccialy the last 2. The music is just awesome, never heard anything as good as Kirk Hammet and James Hetfield guitars...and both Cliff Burton (listen to his impressive bass solo, Anesthesia) and Jason Newsted were great bassist. And Lars Ulrich....well what could I say?? He might be an asshole, but he is incredible at drums.
They really were THE trash metal band....until the release of Load and the subsequent albums. what the hell happened to them? They really sucked...but I keep listening to their early works and feel happy to know that they were the best once. simply the best.I just wanted to say thanks to them...for making such an awesome song as One , my favourite song ever and the 4 albums that make my day.
what`s your opinion?

I am to a new metallica fan. They caught my attention with the black album and then with S&M. I recently saw them at the weinie roast and they blew me away. They are better in concert than on cd. They are so down to earth and appreciateive of their fans it is a lttlie overwelming (but in a good way). They lost something with the st. anger album, but i believe they got it back. They are simply amazing and have a god given talent.
P.S. it really helped that the Offspring opened for them, rocking my world like they do all the time :)

Keyser
07-21-2008, 06:35 AM
St anger is the shame of music.

Free?
07-21-2008, 09:39 AM
St anger is the shame of music.

Pff... Tallica had tough times before St Anger came out and they tried to experiment with new sound, which isn't bad thing, but huge part of fans didn't like their experiment, that's fine, but it's a very common thing (amongst rock listeners, especially metalheads) they tend to say loads of negative stuff about something different than they used to listen thinking that will make them more trve.

H1T_That
07-21-2008, 12:05 PM
Am i the only person on earth who doesn't dislike St. Anger?

jacknife737
07-21-2008, 03:08 PM
Am i the only person on earth who doesn't dislike St. Anger?

I've never had a major problem with it. It has its share of bad songs and good songs, but it's not as terrible as some claim it to be.

Jules69
07-21-2008, 03:21 PM
I saw Metallica twice in 1988!!! It was AWSOME!!!:D

Keyser
07-21-2008, 03:55 PM
Pff... Tallica had tough times before St Anger came out and they tried to experiment with new sound, which isn't bad thing, but huge part of fans didn't like their experiment, that's fine, but it's a very common thing (amongst rock listeners, especially metalheads) they tend to say loads of negative stuff about something different than they used to listen thinking that will make them more trve.

I liked the different sound of Load and Re-Load. But St. angry on the other hand is just awfull.

Alex101
07-21-2008, 04:05 PM
I like Metallica, but their old stuff only. I despise all their post-1991 records, except for Load. They were actually great when I saw them last year, and again at this year's KROQ Weenie Roast (I watched that concert on the internet). I really hope Death Magnetic will be a return to their early roots.

cool 2 hate 681
07-25-2008, 08:40 PM
the tracklisting is out for Death Magnetic

That Was Just Your Life
The End Of The Line
Broken, Beat & Scarred
The Day That Never Comes
All Nightmare Long
Cyanide
The Unforgiven III
The Judas Kiss
Suicide & Redemption
My Apocalypse

Cock Joke
07-25-2008, 08:44 PM
*Crosses fingers that it's a cover*

0r4ng3
07-25-2008, 08:47 PM
I doubt they'd cover a Hot Water Music song. Though that would be pretty cool.

/oblivious

Free?
07-26-2008, 03:48 AM
the tracklisting is out for Death Magnetic

That Was Just Your Life
The End Of The Line
Broken, Beat & Scarred
The Day That Never Comes
All Nightmare Long
Cyanide
The Unforgiven III
The Judas Kiss
Suicide & Redemption
My Apocalypse

I'm allmost sure that many musicans have a song named "The End Of The Line". And it wasn't Offspring who thought of that first ;) . But the most attention gets "The Unforgiven III" ofcourse.

Enjoi
07-26-2008, 08:44 AM
Metallica is a good metal band.

dff_punk
07-29-2008, 08:20 AM
Any songs leaked yet? I only found some samples on youtube.

German Andres
07-30-2008, 01:14 PM
Any songs leaked yet? I only found some samples on youtube.

Not yet, i`ve heard some riffs here and there on youtube, including what is supposed to be the intro to "The Unforgiven III" (i found it very good). great stuff, i liked it

volcano62
07-30-2008, 03:10 PM
everyone do yourselves a favor, get United Abominations by Megadeth

holland25
07-30-2008, 04:04 PM
That album sucks.

Free?
08-01-2008, 11:14 AM
That album sucks.

This reminds me of sceptics saying exactly the same things about RAFRAG before it was accessible to listen.

German Andres
08-01-2008, 11:19 AM
everyone do yourselves a favor, get United Abominations by Megadeth

In fact, i have that album. Megadeth is one of my favourite bands, but i still think that Metallica is more interesting. United Abominations is good, but I prefer their older stuff. Nothing against Mustaine

volcano62
08-01-2008, 05:22 PM
In fact, i have that album. Megadeth is one of my favourite bands, but i still think that Metallica is more interesting. United Abominations is good, but I prefer their older stuff. Nothing against Mustaine

Glenn Drover's guitar work on UA is superior to anything Metallica can do.

jacknife737
08-13-2008, 07:08 PM
Bump!

New song - "Cyanide"
http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=zWwkjKj0ULI

I'm not the biggest Metallica fan in the world, but i really like this.

Grimesy da Offspringfan
08-17-2008, 03:55 PM
#2 band :D They're incredible, i love all of their albums. Though my favorite bassist is Greg K, Robert Trujillo kicks ass! And this year is great because both Offspring and Metallica has a new album :D

Smash_Returns
08-18-2008, 11:06 AM
Metallica album ratings:
1. Ride The Lightning
2. ...And Justice For All
3. Master Of Puppets
4. Metallica
5. Kill 'Em All

The rest are shit and don't deserve to be acknowledged. The old stuff is amazing, second only to the great metal gods, Iron Maiden.

Also, if you're gonna get Megadeth, get the album "Rust In Peace"

jacknife737
08-18-2008, 11:09 AM
Sometimes i feel like I'm the only one who enjoys Metallica's 90s efforts. Then again, i'm no "metalhead".

Free?
08-22-2008, 06:35 AM
I've just listened James' interview (http://www.radioswh.lv/asx/intervijas/Metalica.asx) to our local rock radio, it was a good interview, James was explaining St. Anger and Death Magnetic and other cool things. Check it out if you're interested.

Fix
08-26-2008, 10:40 AM
THIS IS METALLICA !!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ao2hOLgw68M&feature=related (4:00-5:00)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxLa0uIh6I8&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNWFKEpB0ig&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UCu4ut1__4&feature=related

FUCK YEAH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Free?
09-04-2008, 03:11 PM
After several times of listening Death Magnetic I think it's a good album. Kinda not typical tallica sound, I'm sure it will grow on me much better later, every song is interesting. The Unforgiven III is a great song, but it doesn't suit epicness of it's name (The Day That Never Comes would suit much more the title of The Unforgiven III!!!), imo it would be better if it had another name. Also I'd like to note broken, beat and scarred sound of Broken, Beat & Scarred ;) and "rise and fall" in some lyrics there ;).

SK8rocka
09-04-2008, 03:21 PM
#2 band :D They're incredible, i love all of their albums. Though my favorite bassist is Greg K, Robert Trujillo kicks ass! And this year is great because both Offspring and Metallica has a new album :D

Don't forget ac/dc's new album coming out

metalmania
09-04-2008, 03:44 PM
yeah u're right,dude.'cause 'tallica was the best trash band and other trash metal band were sepultura,pantera,slayer,megadeth.... but these bands re not livin' now except MetallicA.MetallicA is playin' still cause they re working riht and they re not only a metal band now in same time they re the legend of metal world now.james hetfield's vocal and rythm guitar is so cool and james is carryin' Metallica ;) but load was really really so bad and they understood it and they made re-load but it was not enough fot them cause re-load is not ok .Metallica played in st.anger and death magnetic like justice or master albums.death's voice almost like justice.their all albums cool except load(mama said was so bad ) so MetallicA rullllzzzzzz...
MetallicA,in flames,dimmu borgir,cradle of filTh,AnaThemA,penTagram,offspring,faiTh no more,slipknoT,sepultura.yeah they kick

Rooster
09-04-2008, 04:31 PM
Sometimes i feel like I'm the only one who enjoys Metallica's 90s efforts. Then again, i'm no "metalhead".

I like some of their 90's stuff too (but i'm not really a metalhead either, i listen only a few metal bands, Iron Maiden and Metallica among them). I'm Starting to get more into Metallica recently, i wasn't much of a fan before. I think that Death Magnetic is a very good album. I'll check out their old albums.

This album gets a lot of bashing on other blogs, though it does not deserve it. I thought that punk rock fans were narrowminded untill i saw some of the comments in style like "METALLICA SUCKZ, Their 80z stuff is awezome thrash metttttal, everything later is not worth listenin" or "they should be named Selloutica" and so on. Jesus fucking christ! They put out a really good album that sounds like a mixture of all their styles, from thrash metal to more melodic songs, so they kinda returned back to their harder roots (although i wasn't much into Metallica before and don't know their entire music collection, i can hear this is a lot thrashier than their albums from the 90s, not as fast as the 80s ones but still fast and complex), which is what the fans wanted. And they still aren't satisfied, for some it isn't thrash enough, for others the riffs aren't original. Some just can't see that the bands and their music change.

Appreciate the album for what it is, and not for what you want it to be. I like it.

Free?
09-05-2008, 09:05 AM
yeah u're right,dude.'cause 'tallica was the best trash band and other trash metal band were sepultura,pantera,slayer,megadeth.... but these bands re not livin' now except MetallicA.MetallicA is playin' still cause they re working riht and they re not only a metal band now in same time they re the legend of metal world now.james hetfield's vocal and rythm guitar is so cool and james is carryin' Metallica ;) but load was really really so bad and they understood it and they made re-load but it was not enough fot them cause re-load is not ok .Metallica played in st.anger and death magnetic like justice or master albums.death's voice almost like justice.their all albums cool except load(mama said was so bad ) so MetallicA rullllzzzzzz...
MetallicA,in flames,dimmu borgir,cradle of filTh,AnaThemA,penTagram,offspring,faiTh no more,slipknoT,sepultura.yeah they kick

Dude, time to fix something in your trash metal head ;)))

SaiKYoU
09-05-2008, 12:46 PM
all nightmare long is just awsome!!

holland25
09-05-2008, 01:07 PM
Dude, time to fix something in your trash metal head ;)))

Both THRASH and TRASH metal spelling is correct. And metalmania's post was one of the dumbest posts I read on these forums so far.

jacknife737
09-05-2008, 03:36 PM
Metal, fuck yeah!
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g178/jacknife737/hetfield-1.jpg

Free?
09-05-2008, 04:08 PM
Totally metal!
http://xmages.net/out.php/i27548_Failklok.PNG

metalmania
09-05-2008, 05:03 PM
haha!hey punkhead what do you say? if you dont like metal ,what re ya doin' here?;) lets go and listen the pop-punk :p

metalmania
09-05-2008, 05:08 PM
and i have to say it: jaymz's photo is so tragic ;jaymz and armani :confused: so bad.its just capitalism :o

Free?
09-06-2008, 03:31 AM
haha!hey punkhead what do you say? if you dont like metal ,what re ya doin' here?;) lets go and listen the pop-punk :p

Man, it was reference to you keep saying "Trash metal" because all my life before that day I honestly believed that such spelling abuses the proud name of thrash metal. I can't see how it can relate to me "not liking metal, because of that I have no rights to be here and I should go listen to pop-punk instead of either metal or Offspring".
holland25, that were some news to me, are you sure that both spellings are correct and mean the same thing?

holland25
09-06-2008, 03:32 AM
holland25, that were some news to me, are you sure that both spellings are correct and mean the same thing?

Yes, I am. Even when you choose ID3tag in winamp it writes Trash/Thrash Metal.

Free?
09-06-2008, 12:02 PM
My Winamp 5.24 doesn't agree on that :)
http://xmages.net/out.php/i27693_winamp.JPG

Rooster
09-06-2008, 03:33 PM
My rating of Death Magnetic has changed. Now it's 9/10. Excellent album, i really like it, not a single bad song.

Autonomist
09-07-2008, 06:21 AM
I just put it on and I can't believe it, I'm not even threw the first track and it's already grabbed me! In six minutes it's already better than St Anger. I'll be reporting back very soon and I now officially have some expectations.

nightvision
09-07-2008, 07:08 AM
Sure, I'm having a serious hangover but the album sounds boring as hell so far. Suicide & Redemption sounds like a friggin' jam session with no purpose whatsoever. The Unforgiven 3 is miles away from the first two with the same name, I still like it but I absolutely love the other two. The Day That Never Comes is "meh" at best.

I will give it a fair chance though but my first opinion is that it's time for Metallica to stop making albums. I want them to keep touring though since their liveshows are pretty fucking awesome.

metalmania
09-07-2008, 08:03 AM
you can listen 4-5 songs in the 'tallical's offical site. these songs just like justice for all songs :)

Superdope
09-10-2008, 02:04 PM
Just noticed. The bridge riff in unforgiven III is identical to the hidden finale on QOTSA's Lullabies to Paralyze.

Check it out for yourselves.

metalmania
09-12-2008, 11:30 AM
hell yeah!new album is everywhere now and i'd listen,im gonna listen again again but i ave to say that unforgiven 3 is really disappoinment like unforgiven 2.it's so bad.unforgiven 2 and 3's sounds re faraway from unforgiven 1 !anyway other songshave powerful rythm and drums !so metal up your azzzzzzz 4eva!!!

Rooster
09-12-2008, 04:12 PM
I bought it today. I really like the booklet, it makes the grave look 3D. Plus the coffin appears in the pictures in the booklet in the right places, gives more meaning to the pictures (like the coffin appearing in the ultrasound picture of a baby, or appearing on the photo taken from a high building - pages for the instrumental Suicide & Redemption, hinting to a suicide). Great album.

Free?
09-12-2008, 04:36 PM
Suicide & Redemption was kinda the weakest song of an album :/ . Pretty boring instrumental, can't compare with their previous instrumentals like Orion or Call of Ktulu.

volcano62
09-12-2008, 05:35 PM
what`s your opinion?

everyone is entitled to their own opinion but as a musician i think Load and Reload are musically better than anything else they have ever done. there is feeling and harmony in the songs

Cock Joke
09-12-2008, 08:29 PM
I'm just posting in here to say that "Day That Never Comes" fuckin' pwnz!

That is all & tank u!

volcano62
09-12-2008, 09:05 PM

That is all & tank u!

lol it is a great song and Death Magnetic is a sick album!

Rooster
09-13-2008, 12:36 PM

That is all & tank u!

I absolutely agree on that one. I love this song.

Plus zastava yugo (car) appears in the video :D. Seeing a yugo in a Metallica's video really made me laugh...

Jules69
09-14-2008, 09:16 PM
Ok, I am posting to say that I saw Metallica twice in 1988 and in 1989!!! They rocked!! I got hit on actually grabbed by a guy there in the pit and back then we started dating!! Whooo hoooooo!!!:D

Free?
09-15-2008, 06:57 AM
Ok, I am posting to say that I saw Metallica twice in 1988 and in 1989!!! They rocked!! I got hit on actually grabbed by a guy there in the pit and back then we started dating!! Whooo hoooooo!!!:D

Indeed, Wooo hooooo! :D :D :D

German Andres
09-15-2008, 07:42 PM
everyone is entitled to their own opinion but as a musician i think Load and Reload are musically better than anything else they have ever done. there is feeling and harmony in the songs

I can`t believe how things change. I didn`t believe i wrote that. I have completely made up my mind, after 1 year hearing them. I understood how a band needs to change their sound, how they have grown though the years. I didn`t know that by the time i wrote that post. I was young at that time :P

Completely agree with you, great songs there.

Blitzkrieg Bop
09-18-2008, 09:40 AM
Death Magnetic is a sick album!

By that, I assume it is worth the purchase ... I have seen it advertised and was wondering whether it is any good, has anyone listened to it.

Free?
09-18-2008, 10:46 AM
By that, I assume it is worth the purchase ... I have seen it advertised and was wondering whether it is any good, has anyone listened to it.

Yeah, it has some magnetic powers. After first listening it may seem to be an ok-album, but after few more times you start liking it more and more.

Blitzkrieg Bop
09-18-2008, 11:58 AM
Yeah, it has some magnetic powers. After first listening it may seem to be an ok-album, but after few more times you start liking it more and more.

Mmmm ... an album that grows on you. That has its advantages and disadvantages ... I suppose I'll give it a listen and then decide ... honestly I will probably buy it :)

jacknife737
09-18-2008, 04:30 PM
So after a couple of listens, i think this a pretty solid album. Nothing groundbreaking, but no major flaws either. Right now, i keep hitting repeat over That Was Just Your Life, and Cyanide, but i'm sure that'll change as i give the other songs on the album more attention.

metalmania
09-18-2008, 05:00 PM
yep but allsongs re not ok in this album,my fav. song is all nightmare long cause jaymz's vocal is so tearing in this song,he is ok but there re same rythms or melodies in 3-4 songs again again :o and they're still playin' .its good for us:D

dff_punk
09-19-2008, 05:28 AM
So after a couple of listens, i think this a pretty solid album. Nothing groundbreaking, but no major flaws either. Right now, i keep hitting repeat over That Was Just Your Life, and Cyanide, but i'm sure that'll change as i give the other songs on the album more attention.

That Was Just Your Life is one of the best(if not the best) on the album... btw there is a Metallica revival concert in my town tonight, I might go if everything goes right...

metalmania
09-23-2008, 12:18 PM
Metallica's death magnetic is 1 number on the lists.hell yeah.MtallicA rocks the world.i guess they will make 1 or 2 albums and after they will leave the music ;) but really they re so cool.jaymz's vocal and his rythms re ok but his vocal will goes 5 later anyway.thanx 'tallicA ;)

Grimesy da Offspringfan
09-27-2008, 10:46 AM
Metallica's death magnetic is 1 number on the lists.hell yeah.MtallicA rocks the world.i guess they will make 1 or 2 albums and after they will leave the music ;) but really they re so cool.jaymz's vocal and his rythms re ok but his vocal will goes 5 later anyway.thanx 'tallicA ;)

Yeah, the offspring is the only band i love more than metallica :D I think Death Magnetic is their best album so far. My favorite songs are Unforgiven III and The Judas Kiss :cool:

Blitzkrieg Bop
01-15-2009, 11:18 AM
I got this today and thought that I would share :)

Wow . . . what a great way to start off 2009! We are beyond proud to let you know that we will indeed be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in a ceremony held in Cleveland on April 4, 2009. As a refresher, it has to have been 25 years since your first record was released to be eligible and while it certainly doesn't feel like it's been that long, we hear that's the case!

So here's the other cool part. For the first time in the 24 years that the Hall of Fame has been around, tickets to the ceremony will be available to YOU! The induction ceremony will be held at Public Hall in Cleveland, and if you're a member of the Hall of Fame and Museum, you can buy tickets in a pre-sale on January 22 and 23. There is a walk-up sale on Saturday, January 24 (that means you have to find your way to the box office at the Hall of Fame that day), and finally they will be available through all Ticketmaster outlets starting on Monday, January 26. Met Club members should check www.metclub.com for info about a special ticket sale for them.

We are keeping company with some amazing and legendary performers as Jeff Beck, Little Anthony & the Imperials, Run-DMC, and Bobby Womack will also be inducted that night.

Sorry, no details yet about exactly who will be at the induction as presenters and performers, but we can tell you that it will be broadcast live on Fuse and available on www.fuse.tv.

Keep watching here for more info and you can also check out the Hall's site at www.rockhall.com.
MetClub
Source: www.metclub.com

metalmania
01-15-2009, 12:58 PM
so you know that MetallicA made the trash metal legend.they re a perfect legend until LOAD album and they saw this mistake(load) cause Metallica is playing the pop-rock songs in this album(mama said,it aint my bitch and 2*4.....) yeah so they tried to return to roots of trash metal but it was so different and i guess they did it with this album(re-load and st.anger albums were not ok) james hetfield's vocal and his rythm style is really perfect but his vocal was better until 2000.they re the biggest- famous metal band and they have still a popularity,jason newstedd event was a strange event.anyway they re still playing and their bodies become grandfathers but their souls re still burning with Metal !:)

Grimesy da Offspringfan
01-15-2009, 02:01 PM
so you know that MetallicA made the trash metal legend.they re a perfect legend until LOAD album and they saw this mistake(load) cause Metallica is playing the pop-rock songs in this album(mama said,it aint my bitch and 2*4.....) yeah so they tried to return to roots of trash metal but it was so different and i guess they did it with this album(re-load and st.anger albums were not ok) james hetfield's vocal and his rythm style is really perfect but his vocal was better until 2000.they re the biggest- famous metal band and they have still a popularity,jason newstedd event was a strange event.anyway they re still playing and their bodies become grandfathers but their souls re still burning with Metal !:)

Crap yeah! By the way, i like the music on Load (ReLoad is somethat worse i think) but they looked horrible, especcially Kirk and Lars

Slim Pickens The Bomb Rider
01-15-2009, 03:10 PM
I think they're great! I'm going to the concert in march in antwerp! lookin forward to it

Grimesy da Offspringfan
01-15-2009, 03:38 PM
I think they're great! I'm going to the concert in march in antwerp! lookin forward to it

Lucky bastard :)

metalmania
01-16-2009, 08:18 AM
so fav. 10 songs of 'tallica

1.4 horsemen
2.masTer of puppets
3.fade to black
4.creeping deaTh
5.dyer's eve
6.eye of beholder
7.to live is to die
8.orion
9.my friend of misery
10.outlaw torn
and more......:p

metalmania
01-17-2009, 02:35 PM
2.fav.list:
1.motor breath
2.lepper messiah
3.escape
4.un4given1
5.one
6.damage inc.
7.blackened
8.sweet amber
9.call of ktulu
10.seek and desTroy

jacknife737
01-17-2009, 02:46 PM
I've really fallen out of love with these guys. They're just about the only heavy metal band that i can listen to, but as of late, the only thing i really enjoy hearing is Garage Inc.

Smash_Returns
01-20-2009, 12:31 PM
I cant stand Garage Inc. Every song rips off a better version of the same song. Fuck the Metallica Whiskey In The Jar. Thin Lizzy All the way.

Also, The Four Horsemen (from Kill 'Em All) was originally written by Dave Mustaine, (originally The Mechanix). And while he was in Metallica at the time, Mechanix (the Megadeth version) is, in my opinion, better. (and faster)

Grimesy da Offspringfan
01-20-2009, 12:36 PM
I cant stand Garage Inc. Every song rips off a better version of the same song. Fuck the Metallica Whiskey In The Jar. Thin Lizzy All the way.

Also, The Four Horsemen (from Kill 'Em All) was originally written by Dave Mustaine, (originally The Mechanix). And while he was in Metallica at the time, Mechanix (the Megadeth version) is, in my opinion, better. (and faster)

Except that Mustaine can't sing for shit, and basically, he's a dick...

metalmania
01-21-2009, 02:08 PM
hehe dave mustaine.... yeah i know the mechanix album and i know that mustaine composed call of ktulu/r.t.lightning) or killem all's some songs...but it doesnt matter cause mustaine just a member of metallicA os these songs re of metallicA ;) and mustaine ,yeah he was a perfect dependent on those years and he was harming to MetallicA and his style was imposing and very affectation so MetallicA sent him and i care it was a good decision cause they found hammett!!!!and dont forget that MetallicA worked with 2 bassist before cliff burton on those years ;) mustaine or others ,it doesnt matter.just songs and MetalliA!!!

Cbonham5
01-22-2009, 08:19 AM
People are always saying Metallica sold out, if they did, their new stuff, St. Anger and Death Magnetic are as heavy as anything (anything lately anyway) that they've done...and you know what? its damn good music