PDA

View Full Version : Just going to see nofx!!!!

offspringer24
11-03-2007, 11:23 AM
am excited actually they were good last time i saw them and very funny, will give a review of the gig!

nieh
11-03-2007, 11:26 AM
will give a review of the gig!

This might be some sort of Freudian slip or something, but when I read this part I thought it said "will give a review of the Gigli". Which, to be honest, is pretty much the movie equivalent of a NOFX album.

Endymion
11-03-2007, 12:19 PM
sucks to be you.

IAmARevenant
11-03-2007, 12:47 PM
NOFX is only good for a couple listens, then gets old quickly. I even tried to get back into them a month ago when I downloaded their most recent album; didn't work.

offspringer24
11-04-2007, 03:00 AM
well i was pleasantly suprised when (not so fat) mike announced they were going to play a rare set list and then they actually did, obviously they played bob but other than that and linoleum they played many lesser known songs!
fave quote of the night "if you throw any cups at me im taking bob out of the set list".
the band were as funny as ever and as useless as ever and i had a real good time.

fave song live- ironman/dinosaurs will die

25yrs of recycling the same music and there as good as ever....awful

nameless
11-05-2007, 04:08 PM
i saw them last night but some people i know were at the birmingham gig (im assuming thats the one you went to!) apparently there was a lot of cup throwing going on! did you get the name of the second support band?! they look and sound so familiar but i cant think where from!

offspringer24
11-06-2007, 06:06 AM
yeah i went to brum gig and yeah there was shit loads of cup throwing at the second support band 'the loved ones' they were good tho! tat were shite! did you enjoy it? i felt a little old to be there tho lol

nameless
11-07-2007, 06:36 PM
tat were ok, just your kinda run of the mill punk band although i cant really say i paid that much attention to them! the next band seemed ok, they seemed pretty well known!

on the subject of age, i was quite surprised it wasnt full up of kids with their parents waiting round (at the london show), it did get quite brutal down at the front at times, kinda more old school punk style rather than green day or blink 182s shows!

offspringer24
11-19-2007, 08:18 AM
yeah the second band were pretty well known by the looks of things but completely new to me!

nameless
11-19-2007, 04:12 PM
the review in kerrang wasnt too good, it was quite harsh i thought!

offspringer24
11-21-2007, 01:36 AM
i stopped reading kerrang a few yrs ago for that exact reason, it's as if only they can decide who's good and who's not, they need a good ass kicking tbh