PDA

View Full Version : Spice Girls comeback

Vera
11-06-2007, 05:09 AM
I was so ready to actually like them again but holy crap.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvtX1izBAqs

It's just terrible, makes me uncomfortable to watch and I do not want to see Victoria or Geri and their skinny ass bodies again. Geri especially makes me feel ill, knowing she's battled with bulimia and it looks like the ED won. :/

I like Emma best in this and I used to like her the least.

Their other new song "Voodoo" is so tryhard, too.

Spice is dead. :[

Sunny
11-06-2007, 05:31 AM
Ya i know, it's really sad.

Posh used to be so so cute. it's ridiculous. now she's a scary orange fembot. have you seen those Svedka vodka ads all over NYC? that's what she reminds me of. ;[

and Geri used to be my favorite cause she was so adorable and so "woo". sure, her abs look good, but overall she's way too skinny... and tied with her history of ED, that's just creepy. i'm sure her handlers *made* her lose weight for this. RIP Ginger Spice :[

i always thought Baby was boring but now she's looking a lot better in comparison. sigh.

Vera
11-06-2007, 10:52 AM
I think Baby and Scary are probably in somewhat plump shape so they cover them in shadows weirdly and then push the skinnier girls to the forefront and put them in as little clothing as possible. But it doesn't work like that.

I liked Geri's old look best, yeah, and the blond look she had for her solo album was lovely as well.. Now she just looks peculiar and ..too old?

Victoria is scary as hell, I agree. She used to be just that - posh, sophisticated looking but still in a lovely girly way. Now she's just, ick.

I'm liking Emma, yeah. I also loved her solo song, minor hit that it was.. "What Took You So Long" but that was like, fucking ages ago. 2001 or something. :D

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/2516/rs764n765spicegirlsrollsp3.jpg

Good ol' days.. I wish it was the 90's sometimes. :P

Rag Doll
11-06-2007, 12:18 PM
Posh used to be so so cute. it's ridiculous. now she's a scary orange fembot. have you seen those Svedka vodka ads all over NYC? that's what she reminds me of. ;[

ohmygod, i almost choked on my pretzels.

i refuse to even watch this video...just seeing pictures of them now is enough to make me all *sadface*.

Sunny
11-06-2007, 12:23 PM
awww omg look how cute. geri was so hot with red hair and some curves.

they should've put posh in the shadows. she looks so harsh. :| and honestly they're 30-something... they shouldn't be wearing the same leather-close-to-nothing stage costumes Rihanna is rocking. lol.

bummer!

Sunny
11-06-2007, 12:24 PM
ohmygod, i almost choked on my pretzels.

i refuse to even watch this video...just seeing pictures of them now is enough to make me all *sadface*.

bahah. sorry! :D

and yeah, it's depressing for those of us who like...GREW UP with the spice girls.

JohnnyNemesis
11-06-2007, 12:26 PM
geri was so hot with red hair and some curves.

Those do NOT qualify as "curves"!

Sunny
11-06-2007, 12:36 PM
dude, those totally are curves. not bbw ones, but thin person curves.

she's 100% angular and sharp around the edges now.

BREAK
11-06-2007, 12:48 PM
I miss them all dressing up in different outfits to emphasize how you can totally tell them apart from each other. Watching the video made me confused.

The song is boring as fuck too. What happened to the sprightly, in-your-face "girl power!" tude?

All About Eve
11-06-2007, 12:59 PM
I don't approve. This may ruin any nostalgic feel for them I have.

Sham
11-06-2007, 04:11 PM
It sounds like every other fucking song in the world.

mrconeman
11-06-2007, 04:20 PM
The only time I ever wanted to see Gerri draped in a Union Jack again was in her coffin.

I swear if this gets any bigger than what it can justify I may just loose all faith in music/society/humanity.

Bazza
11-06-2007, 04:58 PM
It'll be a fad that won't last very long since everyone will realise how little talent they actually have. Anyways they're only doing it cos Take That managed it....

Harnum
11-06-2007, 04:58 PM
I can't believe they've come back. The new song is sub-par at most. =[

Also, I just stumbled upon the greatest Spice Girls related video ever!
*Link* (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe-TW3y6UzQ)

Vera
11-07-2007, 02:35 AM
It'll be a fad that won't last very long since everyone will realise how little talent they actually have. Anyways they're only doing it cos Take That managed it....

Yeah, because everybody recognized them as super-talented back in the 1990's.

You don't have to be talented to become a successful pop product.

For that reason, I blame this new disaster on their producers/management.

Marco
11-07-2007, 07:32 AM
I'm officialy scared.

F@ BANKZ
11-08-2007, 09:33 AM
That new song is Bland blatently with a capital b. Where's the ludicrous girly catch I so crave??

Vera
11-09-2007, 05:21 AM
Girl groups are dead. Nowadays we just got stuff like Pussycat Dolls. Eurgh.

Betty
11-10-2007, 02:06 AM
Well, I for one think Geri looks pretty hot. Perhaps it's because that's the look I'm going for. She looks very muscular, not unhealthily skinny. I haven't really followed any of the issues she's apparently dealt with, so that doesn't really influence my perspective on it. Although I can understood how it could. She looked good before too.

I don't know if it's just me, but you can't really tell if she's "curvy" or not. They don't really show very much below her waist that isn't obscured in darkness. You can be thin and not curvy. There's a hot photo I saw on the 'net a while ago... *looking*... aha... although this girl's legs are admittedly pretty huge.

http://quazimodo.no-ip.org/quazimodo/SQUAT

The video is not very good and the song is pretty awful. But in terms of how they LOOK, I can't expect anything more. How old are they now? They still look pretty hot. And Posh always kinda looked like that, I think.

SkunkIt
11-10-2007, 09:56 AM
It was so shitty, I couldn't watch the whole thing. the new spice girls are usly, except for Mel C and that just ruined my fabvorite band of my childhood.