PDA

View Full Version : The artist formerly known as the artist formerly known as Prince

nieh
11-08-2007, 05:28 PM
I was going to post this in general chat since it's not actually discussing his music, but it's still 'other band' related so this might be a better place for it. Anyway, a couple months ago, Prince apparently went on a rampage filing lawsuits against sites like YouTube, Pirate Bay and eBay(!?) for enabling piracy of his music. That apparently wasn't enough, so now he's suing his fansites for sharing pictures of him, song lyrics and FANS' PICTURES OF THEIR OWN PRINCE RELATED TATTOOS AND LICENSE PLATES. In order to help fight the lawsuits, the various fansites joined together to create an organization called Prince Fans United (PFU). What did Prince do in response to this? Why he recorded and sent the group a song called "PFUnk" of course, which you can now hear on their website (http://princefansunited.com/). I'm not even sure what to say about this. The song title is hilarious. I'm not sure though, is he trying to mock them? Or is he trying to say 'nothing personal, it's just business. Here's a song to make things better'? Do you think he actually has a case?

leo3375
11-08-2007, 06:00 PM
If it does go to the courts and the ruling goes in his favor, it could affect virtually every fan site for every band imaginable. Although he could make a case about his album artwork and lyrics, the tattoos, fan photos, and license plates are the property of the photographer and he really can't control that aspect.

I say he doesn't really have a case outside of the distribution of his albums and videos.

0r4ng3
11-08-2007, 06:54 PM
Maybe it's the record company that's filing lawsuits, and Prince himself recorded the song as an apology. That's just my guess.

nieh
11-08-2007, 06:57 PM
Prince releases his music on his own label.

T-6005
11-08-2007, 06:59 PM
Prince is fucking insane. That's why this is so scary - it's something I'd expect a normal person (albeit an asshole) to do.

Prince wants a camel.

All About Eve
11-08-2007, 07:09 PM
Prince wants a camel.
Fucking. Yes.*

*As long as it's a purple camel.

leo3375
11-08-2007, 07:28 PM
Prince needs to seriously pack his bags and move back to Minnesota. It will surely help him come to his senses about this bullshit. Maybe get a little place along Lake Superior or in Minneapolis' posh Kenwood neighborhood.

H1T_That
11-09-2007, 07:15 AM
Princes' respect points just went down in my book.

EMehl6
11-09-2007, 08:19 AM
Well I've always thought he was a douchebag lol. This proves it.

ruroken
11-09-2007, 08:34 AM
he's a fucking psychopath and he always has been

leo3375
11-09-2007, 02:27 PM
he's a fucking psychopath and he always has been

At least he isn't a complete freakjob like other 1980s singers… *cough*MichaelJackson*cough*