PDA

View Full Version : Double guidelines in General Chat and Offspring.com Talk

HeadAroundU
11-15-2007, 09:12 AM
I'm tired of watching at dysfunctional sticky threads and I haven't seen such a super-awkward thing in my entire life. Also, it's pretty offensive for any user because I feel like a retard who can't read the official guidelines.

Keep it cool and smooth.

- Yours faithfully baby HAU

Mota Boy
11-15-2007, 10:31 PM
The announcement concerning the rules will probably come down within a few days, it's just up there to ensure that everyone gets a chance to read it.

Endymion
11-16-2007, 01:02 AM
the sticky in gc is the rules for gc. the differ in some ways from the overall board rules.

F@ BANKZ
11-16-2007, 10:47 AM
There should probably be somewhere where all the official rules can be easily found after they are removed, or at least every forum should have its own sticky with its own rules.

Little_Miss_1565
11-16-2007, 01:36 PM
There should probably be somewhere where all the official rules can be easily found after they are removed, or at least every forum should have its own sticky with its own rules.

Every forum will have its own sticky, but we're all volunteers here so it might take us a moment to get it all together. :)

HeadAroundU
11-16-2007, 03:16 PM
http://board.despairfaction.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2
User CP Blogs Guidelines & Help The Despair Faction Members List New Posts Search Quick Links Log Out

I say fuck annoying sticky threads. Make Guidelines/FAQ and throw it all there. It's visible even when I'm typing this post. I'm so fucking practical.

Endymion
11-16-2007, 03:25 PM
hey, guess what? i can't edit to board's software.

also, each section has different (though similar) rules. for example, thread necromancy shouldn't be frowned upon in tour talk since those are threads about unique, dated events.

just suck it up and stop complaining already.

HeadAroundU
11-16-2007, 03:54 PM
Administrators?

You can split guidelines into parts for every section.

I do what I want, I do what I feel like!

Little_Miss_1565
11-16-2007, 05:31 PM
http://board.despairfaction.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2
User CP Blogs Guidelines & Help The Despair Faction Members List New Posts Search Quick Links Log Out

I say fuck annoying sticky threads. Make Guidelines/FAQ and throw it all there. It's visible even when I'm typing this post. I'm so fucking practical.

That's actually a really good idea when you strip away the obnoxious way you said it, HAU. I'm going to choose to ignore that part, and we'll discuss it among the moderators.

HeadAroundU
11-16-2007, 07:06 PM
Now I feel bad. :( :(

It's an awesome idea but a realization might be challenging.