PDA

View Full Version : political preferences and health

Marion
01-04-2005, 11:36 AM
Should politicians have the right to shut good hospital wards down and therefore risk lives? I donít think they should. Over here we have a national health service for which we pay national health contributions from our wages. This entitles us to free health services and should give us good hospitals. The executive is trying to centralise everything at the moment meaning patients suffer.

There was a case in the paper awhile back about a 32 year old women who had major surgery and had to be taken back to hospital as things had went wrong. She lay on a trolley for 11 hours and then an assessment area for 12 more hours before getting a bed in a ward. She was accused of lying by the first minister and told that she was an activist for the opposition party and was just trying to score them points. She was also told that they were not trolleys but state of the art mobile beds.

Because she is a member of a political party they missed the point of her going to politicians for an answer. So should peopleís political preferences say what type of treatment they get? And what type of health service do you have?

sKratch
01-04-2005, 01:21 PM
Um... I don't see where you give an example of officials closing down good hospitals.

Marion
01-04-2005, 02:50 PM
They shut her local hospitals surgery unit down after her operation and when she was taken back in they had to transfer her to one 30 miles away and thats why she had to wait. Sorry I thought I had put that in