View Full Version : Kaiser Chiefs

icklebabygremlin
11-29-2007, 08:48 AM
Has anyone heard of them?

there from the UK tho

anyone a fan?

Bazza
11-29-2007, 09:43 AM
I wouldn't call myself a fan, although I have seen them in concert (just before Yours Truly Angry Mob came out).
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o320/bazza1987/015-KaiserChiefs.jpg
In fact it was a fun gig, lots of energy, a bit muted when they played the new songs since the album hadn't been released and no one knew the songs (although I did thanks to pre-release leaks!).

As for the music, the first album I really liked. It had several high energy, easy to sing along to songs. The second album, for me, seemed a bit more mellow, something that I'd listen to all the way and enjoy rather than having two or three stand out tracks.

H1T_That
11-29-2007, 02:00 PM
They fall under the category of bands i generally hate.

Sunny
11-29-2007, 02:03 PM
i'm not a huge fan, but they're certainly pleasant and fun to listen to. some of their stuff is good workout music. or driving music. ;p

Meg
11-29-2007, 04:10 PM
"I predict a riot" is one of those genius songs, that loads of people wish they'd have written. I generally find a lot of their songs quite clever, and interesting, lyric-wise.

Katy
11-29-2007, 05:16 PM
Na na na na NAAA!

They're okay. Annoy me a bit after a while, though.

Llamas
11-29-2007, 11:37 PM
I find them very generic and boring, and I truly detest that "Ruby" song. They totally fail to capture my attention, and "Ruby" is one of those rare songs that I absolutely can't stand to listen to.

XYlophonetreeZ
11-29-2007, 11:41 PM
I think Employment is a super-fun album. The only thing they do that annoys me is when they shout and it gradually increases in pitch until it ends in a shrill scream, and I feel like they do that in about six songs. "Time Honoured Tradition" and "Saturday Night" are two of the most fun songs ever, though.

mrconeman
12-02-2007, 11:29 AM
I like to think that their song "Everything is Average Nowadays" was a heavily introspective piece.

Generic and boring as fuck.

icklebabygremlin
12-02-2007, 04:19 PM
I wouldn't call myself a fan, although I have seen them in concert (just before Yours Truly Angry Mob came out).
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o320/bazza1987/015-KaiserChiefs.jpg
In fact it was a fun gig, lots of energy, a bit muted when they played the new songs since the album hadn't been released and no one knew the songs (although I did thanks to pre-release leaks!).

As for the music, the first album I really liked. It had several high energy, easy to sing along to songs. The second album, for me, seemed a bit more mellow, something that I'd listen to all the way and enjoy rather than having two or three stand out tracks.

thanks for your photo!

i went to see them the other day at the MEN arena and it was fuckin amazing

i mean really something else
im really suck as to say if it was better than when i seen offspring

irishpunkrockgirl
12-05-2007, 02:45 PM
Oh the kaisers are great, seen them twice. Best song for me is oh my god.