PDA

View Full Version : My Chemical Romance- Honey

Scythe Death
12-01-2007, 01:35 PM
I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but MCR's song "Honey, This Mirror Isn't Big Enough For the Two of Us" 'steals' The Offspring's riff from "The Kid's Aren't Alright".

This was before MCR sold out. I'd give you a link, but the pc I'm currently using is inadequate.

0r4ng3
12-01-2007, 01:49 PM
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=SXYYw85dQzc

I doubt they stole it. It's a fairly common riff, and it sounds different enough to not be considered a ripoff.

H1T_That
12-02-2007, 05:26 AM
when will people learn an odd riff here and there isn't ripping off a band.

To be classed as a rip-off, it needs to be the majority of the song being stolen. A perfect example being Sum 41 stealing Battery (The Bitter End).

Scythe Death
12-02-2007, 09:47 AM
when will people learn an odd riff here and there isn't ripping off a band.

To be classed as a rip-off, it needs to be the majority of the song being stolen. A perfect example being Sum 41 stealing Battery (The Bitter End).

Heh, the only thing different from The Offspring's riff is a sharp bass note. Other than that, it's exactly the same.

Don't get me wrong, I made this thread mainy for purposes of amusement.

mrconeman
12-02-2007, 10:20 AM
That's an extremely common progression, hell, it was in Buffy the Vampire Slayer before the Offspring ever used it. And about a thousand other places.

Scythe Death
12-02-2007, 10:21 AM
That's an extremely common progression, hell, it was in Buffy the Vampire Slayer before the Offspring ever used it. And about a thousand other places.

Lol, okay. The thread's dead...