PDA

View Full Version : The Artists Formerly Known as First in Flight

Pages : [1] 2

randman21
12-03-2007, 12:52 PM
Currently known as The SRIs.

http://www.myspace.com/fisticuffsnc (http://www.myspace.com/fisticuffsnc)
http://www.soundclick.com/thefisticuffs (http://www.soundclick.com/thefisticuffs)

darea
12-06-2007, 03:09 AM
I think it's all good stuff, and I really LOOOVE big as life, great song. But then again, you already know don't you?

Hope you people of the bbs will eventually write what you think about their music, cause he needs other people's opinions....

Bazza
12-06-2007, 03:15 PM
Hay, I had a listen earlier, just only got round to replying (it's been too much of a busy day for me!). I think the music is awesome, I'm really liking the sound, it's right up my street. Vocals are really good, they fit well with the songs. Guitar riffs are great and for some strange reason I really like the sound of the drums!

Also I don't think they're "bad quality" at all, in fact it gives the songs a bit of an edge, reminds of some of the old 80s DIY punk that I've heard. I'll be eagerly awaiting some more tracks and maybe an EP?

Sham
12-06-2007, 04:49 PM
you guys are really good. the vocalist is awesome. keep rocking.

randman21
12-11-2007, 08:30 AM
Hay, I had a listen earlier, just only got round to replying (it's been too much of a busy day for me!). I think the music is awesome, I'm really liking the sound, it's right up my street. Vocals are really good, they fit well with the songs. Guitar riffs are great and for some strange reason I really like the sound of the drums!

Also I don't think they're "bad quality" at all, in fact it gives the songs a bit of an edge, reminds of some of the old 80s DIY punk that I've heard. I'll be eagerly awaiting some more tracks and maybe an EP?

Thaaanks.:D Funny enough, I'd just had the idea of an EP about a week ago. It was a "why the hell hasn't this happened by now" kinda thing. We'll be putting that together. And YOU should take some time out to relaaaax.

you guys are really good. the vocalist is awesome. keep rocking.
Thank you, too. I am the singer (and guitarist), so I'm especially glad you enjoyed.

darea
01-21-2008, 03:44 AM
Well, when are you gonna let us hear some new stuff? I know you've recorded new songs and I can't wait to hear new, Im sure Bazz might want to hear some of it too, I guess...

Harnum
01-22-2008, 04:20 PM
Originals aren't too bad. Hopefully you get a real drummer because, if I'm not mistaken, that IS a drum program.

I liked Genocide. Only, the bass wasn't loud enough. The Meaning of Life was kinda cool as an acoustic. It could use some improvement though.

Overall, good job.

randman21
10-23-2008, 11:19 PM
Originals aren't too bad. Hopefully you get a real drummer because, if I'm not mistaken, that IS a drum program.

I liked Genocide. Only, the bass wasn't loud enough. The Meaning of Life was kinda cool as an acoustic. It could use some improvement though.

Overall, good job.
Nine months later, thanks Harnum. Heh, I totally missed this post. FYI, there was not bass anywhere. Just me, a guitar, and yep, a drum program :P

Anyway, I'm bumping this because we've changed our name to The Fisticuffs. I now have a drummer, though he hasn't recorded on any of the songs on the myspace. I think I will go ahead and EDIT the first post once I decide whether to make a new profile (I hate that the URL is still the same). So yeah, I re-recorded the first two songs soon after I made this thread. Still bad quality, but just a little better.

Rooster
10-24-2008, 08:52 AM
You guys are really good. Keep it up, because you can!

randman21
10-24-2008, 08:58 AM
Thanks, Raptor! We're in the process of recruiting a bassist and lead guitarist so we can get on stage. I'll give an update on that as it happens.

Free?
10-24-2008, 09:54 AM
Hey, cool stuff! The only downside is quality, but everything else is good.
And why those 3 notes in Let This Ride (0:08-0:09) aren't played with distortion? Imo there should be more accent on them ;).

randman21
10-24-2008, 10:01 AM
Hey, cool stuff! The only downside is quality, but everything else is good.
And why those 3 notes in Let This Ride (0:08-0:09) aren't played with distortion? Imo there should be more accent on them ;).
Good question. That part was not originally in the song. It was something I literally tacked on when I hit the record button, so I didn't have to time to think about it. I'll work with it when I re-record. And thanks for listening!

ad8
10-24-2008, 11:22 AM
Pretty good stuff. As Raptor said, keep up the good work!

lost_nvrfound
10-28-2008, 08:43 PM
You know how much I love your songs! You've gotta be sure to let me know if you do any local shows! I will totally be there!

randman21
10-29-2008, 01:32 AM
Awww, thanks! I'll surely let you know. :)

darea
10-29-2008, 01:43 AM
See Randman, I told you you were good, and you didn't believe me!! Now that I'm not the only one saying it, you better take it into account!!!

lost_nvrfound
10-29-2008, 07:42 AM
i guess it took more than one fellow north carolinian to convince him

randman21
11-17-2008, 02:28 AM
New song, everypeople. It's "Fifty-First in Line," but I urge you NOT to listen to it if you plan on checking out the BBS Mixtape. If you don't mind ruining the surprise, I guess it's alright.

darea
11-17-2008, 07:14 AM
New song, everypeople. It's "Fifty-First in Line," but I urge you NOT to listen to it if you plan on checking out the BBS Mixtape. If you don't mind ruining the surprise, I guess it's alright.

I can't wait to get other people's opinion cause this song is awesome!!!

ad8
11-24-2008, 12:24 PM
Um... I just wanted to say that I've been listening to "Wavering" all day long now. I'm totally addicted to that song and I love the energy:)
(P.S. I'm looking forward to the BBS Mixtape vol.2 since I didn't listen to your new song yet;) )

randman21
11-24-2008, 06:21 PM
Hey, thanks! Heh, I swear no one has singled out Wavering as their favorite yet. Heh, I always felt that kinda odd because it is my fave, except for possibly the new one. :)

And cool. You're as excited about the Mixtape as I am.

_Lost_
11-24-2008, 06:34 PM
I honestly can say that big as life is my favorite. But i love all of the songs you have up. haha. i feel like such a groupie. :p

randman21
11-25-2008, 02:32 AM
I honestly can say that big as life is my favorite. But i love all of the songs you have up. haha. i feel like such a groupie. :p
Regarding the last comment, I will conduct myself with decorum and not go where my mind is going.:D

And I'm glad you like that one. It seems to be the fan favorite. Perhaps I should try to re-record it for the fourth time, in the interest of better quality. *ponders*

darea
11-25-2008, 04:03 AM
Regarding the last comment, I will conduct myself with decorum and not go where my mind is going.:D

And I'm glad you like that one. It seems to be the fan favorite. Perhaps I should try to re-record it for the fourth time, in the interest of better quality. *ponders*

Lol So you talk about fans now! I'm not a fan of you!!! and even less a groupie (how I HATE that word, I'll kill anybody who calls me that!hehe). I'm something else... maybe a little bit of a fan, I guess. As for Big as life, I've always thought it was the best song, although you know which song I've preferred...;)
And 51st might be better, I don't know... As for Wavering, of course the latest version is much better than the first one, and I'm sure you'll improve it even more soon...

Do you need someone to manage the fan club? lol

ad8
11-25-2008, 05:38 AM
Perhaps I should try to re-record it for the fourth time, in the interest of better quality. *ponders*
lol. But it is quite the same with my music. Having 4 older versions of a song is not unusual for me:D

_Lost_
11-25-2008, 07:43 AM
:p

And I'm glad you like that one. It seems to be the fan favorite.

lol at "fan favorite". :p

darea is right though. 51st in line is waaaayyy excellent as well...

darea
11-25-2008, 07:55 AM

lol at "fan favorite". :p

darea is right though. 51st in line is waaaayyy excellent as well...

Yeah fan favorite made me laugh too! me being the first "fan" (or first person at all to hear that song other than randman!! lol, lucky me!!) to say that it was my favourite song. Big as life is at its what... third or fourth recording, and I'm pretty sure it will be recorded again. Big as life still makes me crazy, cause I love it sooo much, and 51st in line comes second or the same... I don't know.

But the song that I love the most (especially the guitar solo) needs to be re-recorded before any of you can hear it, and I hope that will be soon because I wanna see other people saying that they like it!

_Lost_
11-25-2008, 08:16 AM
and I hope that will be soon because I wanna see other people saying that they like it!

you know i prolly will. I like his songs. haha.

alright randman, you best get working on this song darea references. you've been holding back and I want to hear!

randman21
11-25-2008, 08:36 AM
Umm, sorry to disappoint you ladies, but it ain't happenin'! As awesome as the song is, it's meant for a huskier-voiced gentleman than myself. Although I could sing it better than my last try, I couldn't do it service. Oh, and I don't even have to ask if you're talking about "Covenant". I know.:D

darea
11-25-2008, 08:39 AM
Umm, sorry to disappoint you ladies, but it ain't happenin'! As awesome as the song is, it's meant for a huskier-voiced gentleman than myself. Although I could sing it better than my last try, I couldn't do it service. Oh, and I don't even have to ask if you're talking about "Covenant". I know.:D

BOOO! I'll manage to think of horrible things to do to you, if you don't at least try and re-record it! you know me!:mad:

_Lost_
11-25-2008, 10:12 AM
BOOO! I'll manage to think of horrible things to do to you, if you don't at least try and re-record it! you know me!:mad:

I can get him! You just tell me what to do!

BLARGH! Come on Randy! Give it a shot!

pretty please with sugar on top!?

randman21
11-25-2008, 10:47 AM
Haha, since you asked nicely, I'll add it to the queue. Plus, I don't want to be "gotten". :rolleyes:

_Lost_
11-25-2008, 11:11 AM
YAY! *hugs* WEEEEE!

darea
11-26-2008, 01:02 AM
I can get him! You just tell me what to do!

BLARGH! Come on Randy! Give it a shot!

pretty please with sugar on top!?

Hehe, I guess what you could do is keep up with the encouraging, and he'll put it to the top of the queue!! And really don't believe him when he says he needs a huskier voice for the song! he doesn't even notice his sexy voice is good enough!

_Lost_
11-26-2008, 01:07 AM
he doesn't even notice his sexy voice is good enough!

none of us singers do. I keep getting amazing comments about mine on these boards, but I don't believe a single one of them.

darea
11-26-2008, 01:22 AM
none of us singers do. I keep getting amazing comments about mine on these boards, but I don't believe a single one of them.

Well maybe you'd believe people more easily if non internet friends/people gave you their opinion! As I know randman more than just online, and I've been able to see and hear him play in real-life, I do get to see more than just a voice!
What do your friends think of your music (sowwy I didn't even know you were a musician too... I don't surf much on the bbs, so I barely know anybody).

_Lost_
11-26-2008, 01:28 AM
the ones that care tell me the same thing as i get here. especially when i did theater (since i was singing on stage so they heard me regularly) my best friend will go on and on about my singing sometimes. if you're curious enough: myspace.com/kdsheltonmusic

i've got two of my songs and a couple covers on there if you want to listen.

darea
11-26-2008, 01:34 AM
the ones that care tell me the same thing as i get here. especially when i did theater (since i was singing on stage so they heard me regularly) my best friend will go on and on about my singing sometimes. if you're curious enough: myspace.com/kdsheltonmusic

i've got two of my songs and a couple covers on there if you want to listen.

Cool, I'll add you to my myspace, and I'll go and listen to your stuff when I have the time, I gotta go to class soon! Well I have time to listen to a bit.

_Lost_
11-26-2008, 01:35 AM
have fun with class hun. i'm off to bed.

P.S. sorry for taking over your thread randman. :o

darea
11-26-2008, 01:41 AM
have fun with class hun. i'm off to bed.

Thanks! Class is on american cinema, so it's not too bad. (Guess we could make a thread for your music if there isn't one already). I'm listening to "I see" for the moment and its soooo sweet! didn't imagine you'd have a sweet voice like that seeing your pics on the bbs! you've got that kinda sweet voice that gives me shivers... so I'm sure that means it's good!

randman21
11-26-2008, 02:20 AM

Umm, yeah. It's okay, rofl.:p

darea
11-26-2008, 04:27 AM
Gimme more songs!!!

_Lost_
11-26-2008, 10:40 AM
Thanks! Class is on american cinema, so it's not too bad. (Guess we could make a thread for your music if there isn't one already). I'm listening to "I see" for the moment and its soooo sweet! didn't imagine you'd have a sweet voice like that seeing your pics on the bbs! you've got that kinda sweet voice that gives me shivers... so I'm sure that means it's good!

ha... thanks! I actually have a thread entitiled "I am on myspace" lol.

darea
11-27-2008, 01:26 AM
So I liked Trust in you, and now I'm listening to O.C. Life, but I've never heard the original, cause someone never thought of giving it to me :mad:
But without knowing the original, I still like it!

ad8
12-09-2008, 12:27 PM
Now that I heard Fifty-First In Line, I'm wondering how it was recorded. Did you have new equipment? Cause the vocals are clearer than the older tracks.

randman21
12-09-2008, 05:23 PM
Thanks for the question. I have actually spend hundreds of bucks on stuff since the first Mixtape, but I'll just talk about stuff that pertains to the vocals.

Soundcard- M-Audio Audiophile 2496

Audio Interface- Yamaha Audiogram 6 (which serves as its owns soundcard, I believe that how it works)

Mic- Shure SM57 (I bought this more to record guitar, but my amp sucks, so I just use it on vocals. I'd recommend a large diaphragm condenser mic (http://www.zzounds.com/item--STUB1), though)

Llamas
12-09-2008, 05:59 PM
I didn't realize they were the same band. I really liked the song you contributed for this mixtape, but don't recall being much a fan of the song you contributed last time. I might check out some more of your stuff.

randman21
12-09-2008, 06:06 PM
Cool, thanks! When it comes to my style, Big as Life was more like the exception to the rule (I had been listening to a LOT of The Killers around that time). I love the song, but I usually tend to stick to more straightforward-but-hopefully-catchy punk/pop punk.

ad8
12-10-2008, 03:16 AM
Thanks for the question. I have actually spend hundreds of bucks on stuff since the first Mixtape, but I'll just talk about stuff that pertains to the vocals.

Soundcard- M-Audio Audiophile 2496

Audio Interface- Yamaha Audiogram 6 (which serves as its owns soundcard, I believe that how it works)

Mic- Shure SM57 (I bought this more to record guitar, but my amp sucks, so I just use it on vocals. I'd recommend a large diaphragm condenser mic (http://www.zzounds.com/item--STUB1), though)

Umm... maybe I should get a real soundcard. Is there a big difference between on-board and a good soundcard?

And I already thought about getting a studio mic for recording, too. However, the SM57 does a good job.

randman21
12-10-2008, 03:50 AM
There's apparently a huge difference between stock soundcards and pro/semi-pro cards, but I actually couldn't specify because I hardly use mine.:o If I could plug my mic into, though, I'd use it all the time as it really does have a noticeable difference.

dff_punk
01-14-2009, 01:34 PM
Hey, this is really catchy stuff, how come I've never stumbled upon this before? I even cannot decide which song is the best, I'd probably decide between "Big As Life" and "Fifty-First In Line". I like this style you're playing, keep up the good work!

randman21
01-14-2009, 06:18 PM
Thanks, dff! Heh, you've probably missed the thread because I don't update it much. Those are probably my two favorite songs, too, though they change all the time. People seem to like the Meaning of Life cover, but I don't think it quite compares to yours. :D

P.S. lol @ "stumble". I see what you did there. :p

dff_punk
01-15-2009, 04:39 AM
Hey, your version of Meaning Of Life is pretty sweet also. I liked it, I wonder if it was done before or after my acoustic version. And I love how you added that solo-thingy to that song.

randman21
01-15-2009, 04:43 AM
Thanks. Hehe, it was my first recording. Hmmm probably September of 2006. I wanted to redo it, but I can't recapture the magic I had there, and I don't have my acoustic anymore...

EDIT: I just searched. September 26. :D

dff_punk
01-15-2009, 04:51 AM
Well I don't think there's a need to redo it, it's really nice as it is.
Stuff like this makes me want to finally get my electric fixed, then I'll start posting up stuff like this also ;)

randman21
01-29-2009, 04:38 PM
NEW SONG! http://www.zshare.net/audio/5484502228dfb2f0/ (you can preview it right on the spot before you download)

It's called "Jayne Rhymes with Pain". Pretty standard pop punkish stuff. I will upload it to myspace, but the problem is that I already have six songs up and I have to delete one to upload this one. PLEASE help me decide which one to delete because I can't.:confused: (and if you say "Wavering," I won't listen to you :P)

EDIT: Err, sorry for that noodlish guitar thing at the end. I meant to delete that.
EDIT 2: I couldn't EQ this like I wanted because I had two pairs of headphones break in the same day, and I'm down to what I call the "treblemakers".
EDIT 3:
Her glass is half-empty, ‘cause she just had a swig of Shangri-la (la-la-la).

She’s really cool, but when she tips the bottle 45 degrees, it’s done for me.

But I can’t complain, ‘cause I'm lucky to have her at all (but I take the fall)
When she’s sad, when she’s mad, when she tried to run over my dad.
She’s too much, but not enough. She’s mine.

Chorus:

Jayne rhymes with pain, and she hurts me so well.
Much more that you, he, or she can tell.
She’s more serious than a heart attack,
But I always seem to bring her back.
Jayne rhymes with pain, and it hurts so good.

And I'm sure that if she weren’t unconscious and on the ground, right now (she would agree).
She’s the one, that gets my goat, and grabs me lit’rally by the throat. She’s a mess, and that’s no joke. I need it.

So what if she tried to push me (in front of a bus)?
That just serves to tell me (that I need to adjust)
‘Cause I ain’t goin’ nowhere,
‘Cause I don’t really care.
It’s all on me.

(chorus)

dff_punk
01-29-2009, 04:56 PM
Now this is music for my ears. Wonderful :) Many contemporary "pop-punk" artists should take example from you of how to make good, catchy songs.

randman21
01-29-2009, 05:00 PM
THANKS DFF! Seriously, I'm always comparing myself with other "pop-punk" bands, and I judge myself harshly against them. It seems so different, but I never thought that it could be in a good way.:)

darea
01-30-2009, 12:19 AM
NEW SONG! http://www.zshare.net/audio/5484502228dfb2f0/ (you can preview it right on the spot before you download)

It's called "Jayne Rhymes with Pain". Pretty standard pop punkish stuff. I will upload it to myspace, but the problem is that I already have six songs up and I have to delete one to upload this one. PLEASE help me decide which one to delete because I can't.:confused: (and if you say "Wavering," I won't listen to you :P)

EDIT: Err, sorry for that noodlish guitar thing at the end. I meant to delete that.
EDIT 2: I couldn't EQ this like I wanted because I had two pairs of headphones break in the same day, and I'm down to what I call the "treblemakers".
EDIT 3:

Hey I think I know this song... Well the song rings a bell...Anyway, I know you'd showed the song before, but maybe just the karaoke.... And I like it... but I gotta go to class

darea
01-30-2009, 02:22 AM
OKAY. Now that I've listened, I like it!! And I'd looove the push you under a bus, or run after you with a chainsaw... hehe so if you want it to hurt so good, hehe, I can do that too!:p

ad8
01-30-2009, 03:23 AM
Nice to hear a new song from The Fisticuffs:) I've had high expectations, but you don't disappoint me. The vocals and backing vocals are very good, the guitar riffs and chords are catchy as always and the drums fit in perfectly. The quality is very good, too. The only thing I'd do differently is maybe turn the vocals down by 0,5 db or so - the instruments could be a bit louder. Anyway, thanks for this great song!

randman21
01-30-2009, 03:34 AM
Thank you for the input. :) The loud vocals is a bad habit I started when I used to record in such bad quality that I had to turn them way up to hear what words were being said. *sigh* Those were the days. I'll very likely change that, seeing as I have to get that annoying guitar thing out of the end anyway. :D

ad8
01-30-2009, 03:52 AM
Thank you for the input. :) The loud vocals is a bad habit I started when I used to record in such bad quality that I had to turn them way up to hear what words were being said. *sigh* Those were the days. I'll very likely change that, seeing as I have to get that annoying guitar thing out of the end anyway. :D
Hah I know that:D I'm still on my way to a studio mic;)
Also, I don't really mind that guitar part in the end. It's not necessary, but it's fun, too. So I wouldn't see any reason to remove it. Sometimes it's entertaining to have small skits like this.

drummerbecca
01-30-2009, 04:21 AM
You've outdone yourself again, Randy. This song is incredibly catchy, and as always the harmonies are fab. I've just put the song on for the 4th time since I started typing this! Easily distracted? Me? Don't be..... Oh look, a bunny!
Seriously though, it took me that long to type that because I was hooked. It's a travesty you aren't out touring somewhere with a band. Get it sorted! :p

randman21
01-30-2009, 04:56 AM
You've outdone yourself again, Randy. This song is incredibly catchy, and as always the harmonies are fab. I've just put the song on for the 4th time since I started typing this! Easily distracted? Me? Don't be..... Oh look, a bunny!
Seriously though, it took me that long to type that because I was hooked. It's a travesty you aren't out touring somewhere with a band. Get it sorted! :p
lol, nice. I got a good chuckle out of that. I'm really happy you like it this much. I'm genuinely surprised. I only recorded this because I wrote it like 3 years ago, and I thought my friend Jayne might like it. She doesn't even know it exists. :p Anyway, things are looking good for this band thing. Can't wait to "get it sorted." :)

Rutegard
01-30-2009, 04:57 AM
wow RANDY

i love this song, and the guitar park reminds me of one fine day :P :D

KUDOS TO U ONE MORE TIME

, so, when will we get another one? looOL

ps: nice lyrics! i love nice lyrics!

and now i have big expectations on u, but dont get stressed :P

randman21
01-30-2009, 05:09 AM
wow RANDY

i love this song, and the guitar park reminds me of one fine day :P :D

KUDOS TO U ONE MORE TIME

, so, when will we get another one? looOL

ps: nice lyrics! i love nice lyrics!

and now i have big expectations on u, but dont get stressed :P
:) Haha, I was going to say that this is the song Johanna said I stole from Offspring because of the guitar part. I didn't even notice the similarities until she told me that last summer. :p I don't have a problem with it though, because I made that riff up before I heard the song or became a fan.

Ya know, I'd like to record just one song where I don't cringe at the vocals, but that ain't happening. At least my excuse this time is that I had just woken up when I did.

Rutegard
01-30-2009, 05:10 AM
:) Haha, I was going to say that this is the song Johanna said I stole from Offspring because of the guitar part. I didn't even notice the similarities until she told me that last summer. :p

Ya know, I'd like to record just one song where I don't cringe at the vocals, but that ain't happening. At least my excuse this time is that I had just woken up when I did.

johanna, come on, u gotta be more specific, its not one offspring song, ITS ONE FINE DAY lol :p

ya know that i love your vocals, no matter what! i fell in love with meaning of life cover

_Lost_
01-30-2009, 08:44 AM
Downloaded this yesterday, but got interrupted before i could really listen and critique it harshly for you. ;)

I really really really like this song. I liked going down, but this one is just AWESOME! I don't care how many guys write songs about females abusing them, its still funny. Its ALWAYS funny. I'm gonna have to listen to it again when I get home so that I can really blast it and get a better feel for it. (I'm sitting outside the science lecture room right now)

Oh! And I think today while I'm out and about I'll stop in at either the Music Barn or the Music Loft (both will fall on my path today) and pick up a practice amp so I can start acting like the true rocker that I am at heart.

If you end up coming to UNCG, we soooo need to be in a band together. Johanna can start our street team to build up the hype. :p

Rooster
01-30-2009, 09:24 AM
Again, good stuff. I can't say anything other than keep going, because you are good.

randman21
01-30-2009, 09:32 AM
Downloaded this yesterday, but got interrupted before i could really listen and critique it harshly for you. ;)

I really really really like this song. I liked going down, but this one is just AWESOME! I don't care how many guys write songs about females abusing them, its still funny. Its ALWAYS funny. I'm gonna have to listen to it again when I get home so that I can really blast it and get a better feel for it. (I'm sitting outside the science lecture room right now)

Yayers! For some reason, I didn't think you'd like it. But seeing as you apparently hate men and revel in their agony, I shouldn't have been so surprised.

Oh! And I think today while I'm out and about I'll stop in at either the Music Barn or the Music Loft (both will fall on my path today) and pick up a practice amp so I can start acting like the true rocker that I am at heart.
Very nice. Let me know what kind you get. And the offer still stands for my horny goose amp, if yours turns out to be even worse than that.:D

If you end up coming to UNCG, we soooo need to be in a band together. Johanna can start our street team to build up the hype. :p
...What an honor! You got it! 4srs.

randman21
01-30-2009, 09:33 AM
Again, good stuff. I can't say anything other than keep going, because you are good.
Thanks, buddy. I'd trade all my songs for Self-Destruction, though! :D

Rooster
01-30-2009, 10:32 AM
Thanks, buddy. I'd trade all my songs for Self-Destruction, though! :D

NEVER!!! :D

Drummer of my band said it's fucking epic (on our practice, which we had on monday, it was the first "official" practice). And i know exactly how it's going to sound in the final version, i have some great ideas for backing vocals during the chorus...

Anyway, don't say you would trade your songs for it. It's not like i re-invented hot water with S-D. Your songs are great, and you have potential to make it big (well, at least when we finally get rid of the shitty "emo" music in mainstream :D). You write catchy lyrics, and you are a good guitar player.

[unrealistic hopes and wishes]And then (in far, faaaaaar future) we could possibly do some gigs or even a world tour together[unrealistic hopes and wishes/]

_Lost_
01-30-2009, 10:35 AM
Very nice. Let me know what kind you get. And the offer still stands for my horny goose amp, if yours turns out to be even worse than that.:D
My plan was to walk in and say "I need a practice amp. A cheap one. But I need it to not sound like a horny goose" srsly. i'm gunna sez it. wuz panning 4 it b4 u sez it now.

...What an honor! You got it! 4srs.
heck yeah! we'd be unstoppable!

randman21
01-30-2009, 12:46 PM
NEVER!!! :D

Drummer of my band said it's fucking epic (on our practice, which we had on monday, it was the first "official" practice). And i know exactly how it's going to sound in the final version, i have some great ideas for backing vocals during the chorus...

Anyway, don't say you would trade your songs for it. It's not like i re-invented hot water with S-D. Your songs are great, and you have potential to make it big (well, at least when we finally get rid of the shitty "emo" music in mainstream :D). You write catchy lyrics, and you are a good guitar player.

[unrealistic hopes and wishes]And then (in far, faaaaaar future) we could possibly do some gigs or even a world tour together[unrealistic hopes and wishes/]
Let's beg to dream, my friend. And thanks, some of this adulation seeps into my incredibly neurotic brain from time to time.

P.S. S-D > hot water

My plan was to walk in and say "I need a practice amp. A cheap one. But I need it to not sound like a horny goose" srsly. i'm gunna sez it. wuz panning 4 it b4 u sez it now.

Oh, lawd! '09 just started, but that would probably make my year.

darea
01-31-2009, 01:17 AM
Hehe Ruty about the one fine day... yeah of course its that, but when I first got the album conspiracy of one, there was some weird song written "one fine day" but it had nothing to do with it (cause I'd taken the songs from my flatmate's computer) so it took a while before I first listened to one fine day. And I hardly listen to conspiracy of one, I've got all the albums though!

And Randy !!!!!!! You really are getting more and more compliments of people who do music themselves and think you're really good! So that shows I wasn't just saying your music was good because I was your gf, but because it's good!:D

Free?
01-31-2009, 04:04 AM
Jayne's a sweet song! Punk rawwk!

darea
01-31-2009, 07:51 AM
Yeah Jayne is a really awesome song! I really can't wait to listen to all the other songs you've written and not recorded yet! It was really fun listening to them on that karaoke thing, although it made me really wanna encourage you to record more but at the time you weren't very motivated...

I'd even ask you to give me the title of the songs again so that I can pick some for me to choose lol except I wouldn't remember them so there's no point....

Rutegard
01-31-2009, 08:03 AM
Hehe Ruty about the one fine day... yeah of course its that, but when I first got the album conspiracy of one, there was some weird song written "one fine day" but it had nothing to do with it (cause I'd taken the songs from my flatmate's computer) so it took a while before I first listened to one fine day. And I hardly listen to conspiracy of one, I've got all the albums though!

i get it no prob :p i was just kidding u LOLOL

darea
01-31-2009, 08:08 AM
i get it no prob :p i was just kidding u LOLOL

Yeah I'm sure you were kidding. But sometimes Randy thinks I should be ashamed of myself because I always confuse the songs from Splinter and Conspiracy of one, like not being sure if the songs were in one or the other album... Whereas I usually have no problem with all the old albums cause I've had them for a while!

So, Ruty, when do you think we should create a Fisticuffs fanclub? like on facebook or something? hehe :p

Rutegard
02-02-2009, 06:18 AM
Yeah I'm sure you were kidding. But sometimes Randy thinks I should be ashamed of myself because I always confuse the songs from Splinter and Conspiracy of one, like not being sure if the songs were in one or the other album... Whereas I usually have no problem with all the old albums cause I've had them for a while!

So, Ruty, when do you think we should create a Fisticuffs fanclub? like on facebook or something? hehe :p

yep let's do it :D (u do it cause i really hate that site LOL and then ill add myself :D)

huuuuuuuuummmm usually i do not confuse songs, but while at the concert, i need more time than usual to remember the title of the songs LOL even when i know whats coming next, and the lyrics, but the songs title is always the shit :P

darea
02-03-2009, 02:17 AM
Actually I don't know how to create a group on facebook... And there's already an equivalent to a fan club on The Fisticuffs's myspace (are you not on myspace ?) Besides, Randy was maybe already thinking of making a thing on facebook... lol but if I figure out how it works I might give it a try, just for fun!:p

Free?
02-03-2009, 02:35 AM
Damn you Randy, I envy you!

randman21
02-03-2009, 03:45 AM
Damn you Randy, I envy you!
Hahaha, because of the fan club? I still encourage you to pick up some kind of instrument, or if you can, sing. I'm of the belief that you would be an amazing lyric writer. All of this can be yours, my friend...

Rooster
02-03-2009, 03:50 AM
Dude, you're one lucky bastard :D

Remember me when you are famous and send me a few thousand $$$ so i can make it through my life...

randman21
02-03-2009, 04:42 AM
Dude, you're one lucky bastard :D

Remember me when you are famous and send me a few thousand $$$ so i can make it through my life...
Haha. Can do. I've already promised someone a few thou (can't remember who), but I could scrape together another few for you. :D

EDIT: Wait...You won't need it! We will be famous together!

drummerbecca
02-03-2009, 04:51 AM
That was me :D

Well, actually, it wasn't, but I'll take it anyway! :p

_Lost_
02-03-2009, 06:59 AM
EDIT: Wait...You won't need it! We will be famous together!

*iz hurt*

randman21
02-03-2009, 07:15 AM
*iz hurt*
Noez! You and me will be famous together together. Raptor will be famous simultaneously but separately. Feel better now?

_Lost_
02-03-2009, 02:35 PM
yes, yes i do.

Superdope
02-03-2009, 02:56 PM
I can has fame 2, plx?

Rooster
02-03-2009, 04:22 PM
I can has fame 2, plx?

No.

Nah, just kiddin, of course you can :D

And then we'll all form a supergroup, me, you and randman will be guitar players, Steve Vai will play drums (he's far better guitarist than we are, so he would play drums that we wouldn't be overshadowed by him. We would need him basically just to gain attention), Michael Jackson would sing (for even more massive attention), and Pete Prada would play the second drums (because Vai would suck behid drums we would need Pete to cover it up).

We still need bass player. Anyone up for that?

Oh, and we would be called THE BIG DOLLAR$$$

_Lost_
02-03-2009, 05:04 PM
i feel so left out.

Travey B.
02-03-2009, 07:04 PM
DUDE I LOVE YOUR MUSIC LOL, I LOVE KARINS MUSIC, it awesome that i know yall, ....and karin your not left out lol :P

randman21
02-03-2009, 07:09 PM
Awesome, thanks bro! It'd be great to hear some of your stuff, if you got it.

Travey B.
02-03-2009, 07:12 PM
Awesome, thanks bro! It'd be great to hear some of your stuff, if you got it.

hahaha, i dont have any recordeing equipment, and i dont have a bass amp no more so its futile
but i do right lyrics,.......they might not be good, but there understandable, there posted on my myspace and facebook

Rooster
02-04-2009, 01:42 AM
i feel so left out.

You can aslo be in our future superfamous cash-mashine band. You can play anything you want (if you would play guitar too it would be awesome, we'd have four guitars then, ant that's more than Iron Maiden have...)

Superdope
02-04-2009, 02:08 AM
Oh, and we would be called THE BIG DOLLAR$$$

I'm all for that name. I'm only in it for the money anyway.

and the whoring.

and money.

randman21
02-04-2009, 02:19 AM
and money.
And money. I'm in!

Superdope
02-04-2009, 02:28 AM
And money. I'm in!

Don't forget th whoring. That's important too.

And the money.

Rooster
02-04-2009, 02:35 AM
Don't forget th whoring. That's important too.

And the money.

I absolutely agree, whoring is very important too.

And the money.

darea
02-04-2009, 02:35 AM
I think the singing should be randman AND Karin, cause with a voice like hers, she shouldn't be left out!;)

Rooster
02-04-2009, 02:45 AM
You know (randman and Superdope), i think _lost_ should sing in THA BIG DOLLAR$$$$ ("tha" sounds far better than "the" in my opinion, more ghetto gang$$$$ta. Also, "$$$$" is better than "$$$" - the more $, the better, so this is our new name) along Jackson MC, because she's probably the only singer who could hold a high note for 35 minutes (while randman, Superdope and me would be simultaneously playing each his own 35-minute-long guitar solo).

All for tha money.

Superdope
02-04-2009, 02:56 AM
All right, now we just need someone to write our music for us. I'm thinking about maybe using Timbaland, but I bet he would require some money to work. Which isn't good.

How on earth do you make a popular hit with the highest possible profit? I don't wnat to use all of the money on making it any good. fuck that.

Rooster
02-04-2009, 03:01 AM
You know what, i think we should make a social group "THA BIG DOLLAR$$$$", because it doesn't really belong in this thread. Just for a laugh.

And to get more attention.

And the money.

Rutegard
02-04-2009, 03:57 AM
Actually I don't know how to create a group on facebook... And there's already an equivalent to a fan club on The Fisticuffs's myspace (are you not on myspace ?) Besides, Randy was maybe already thinking of making a thing on facebook... lol but if I figure out how it works I might give it a try, just for fun!:p

im glad u did it :D

_Lost_
02-04-2009, 04:53 AM
You can aslo be in our future superfamous cash-mashine band. You can play anything you want (if you would play guitar too it would be awesome, we'd have four guitars then, ant that's more than Iron Maiden have...)
fantastic!

You know what, i think we should make a social group "THA BIG DOLLAR$$$$", because it doesn't really belong in this thread. Just for a laugh.

And to get more attention.

And the money.
Don't forget the whoring.

Blitzkrieg Bop
02-04-2009, 11:19 AM

It's called "Jayne Rhymes with Pain".

First ... I'm not impressed Randy, why do I have to hear about this from somebody else. You are suppose to take care of your fans and keep us updated :D

Second ... I am really loving it :) Actually, I love everything that you have done so far, if you keep at it, I see big things in your future.

randman21
02-04-2009, 06:50 PM
Haha, sorry! To make amends, you'll be the first to know next time. And thanks. :)

Rutegard
02-09-2009, 11:45 AM
got one word for u:

MORE

randman21
02-09-2009, 02:23 PM
Hehe, the always insatiable Rutegard. :) You will be pleased to know that I am going to be working on 4-5 songs. I'll do one, then I owe Ricetigers a cover, then I'll do the rest.

To hold you over, I redid Big as Life yesterday. It should be on myspace by the time you read this. :)

Rutegard
02-10-2009, 04:12 AM
Hehe, the always insatiable Rutegard. :) You will be pleased to know that I am going to be working on 4-5 songs. I'll do one, then I owe Ricetigers a cover, then I'll do the rest.

To hold you over, I redid Big as Life yesterday. It should be on myspace by the time you read this. :)

the always extremely professional Randy , i love it :)

Superdope
02-10-2009, 05:27 AM
I don't think I've said it in this thread before, but you know how I feel about your stuff, Randy. Do a tour, come to Denmark... I'll bring the liquor, if you bring the... well, you.

ad8
02-10-2009, 05:59 AM
I don't think I've said it in this thread before, but you know how I feel about your stuff, Randy. Do a tour, come to Denmark... I'll bring the liquor, if you bring the... well, you.

Yeah! We want a Fisticuffs Europe Tour!!!
Come to Germany and the Ricetigers will be your support band:D And don't worry about the liquor;)

Edit: The new version of Big As Life is awesome!

randman21
02-10-2009, 11:15 AM

Yeah! We want a Fisticuffs Europe Tour!!!
Come to Germany and the Ricetigers will be your support band:D And don't worry about the liquor;)

Edit: The new version of Big As Life is awesome!

Thanks men! The same can be said about the both of you. I'd follow your bands around the country if you toured here. It'd be a blast.

Soooo, another new song. It's called "I Am"Haha, now I KNOW everyone isn't gonna like this one. Can't be possible.

zShare link (I love this site):

I Am.mp3 - 2.97MB (http://www.zshare.net/audio/554107854512a8b3/)

I’ll be watching with eyes blazing for you.
Blazon my face on your mind.
You cannot leave me behind.

I’ll be waiting with hands upturned in hopes,
hopes that you will follow me into that tragic debris.

I am that push of hope when life has brought you to your knees.
I am that little bit of madness when you feel at ease.
I am that badge of shame your wear upon your inner soul.
I am your foe and your friend. I'm the start and the end…I am your goal.

I’ll be standing right here when you fail again,
hoping that this be the time. Now, it’s me that you will find.

I’ve been around you longer than you know.
Now, it’s time to show you what lies in store.
Take a look behind you, gone is the past.
Watch, as your world before you fades to black.

Once here, you cannot be spared. Breathe deep the stale, fusty air.

I am that push of hope when life has brought you to your knees.
I am that little bit of madness when you feel at ease.
I am that badge of shame your wear upon your inner soul.
I am your foe and your friend. I'm the start and the end…I am your goal.

I am your goal.

Llamas
02-10-2009, 11:47 AM
Why do you have two threads for your music?

Anyway, I tried to listen to the new version of Big as Life... and it didn't work.

I was wondering if you could make a post with links to all of the stuff you've done in like, the last year or so. That'd be awesome. :)

randman21
02-10-2009, 11:54 AM
Grumble. I've explained this! :mad:
Haha, one is for the punkier stuff, and the other for my various side projects.

Damn, myspace has been nothing but trouble today. It'll probably be back on in an hour or so.

Thanks for the interest. :) Would you like for me to make a zip file like you did for me?

Rooster
02-10-2009, 12:00 PM
Wow, "I Am" is amazing! You should be proud of this song. I really like the energy in it, and the guitar work is good too. Good job!

Superdope
02-10-2009, 12:09 PM
Soooo, another new song. It's called "I Am"Haha, now I KNOW everyone isn't gonna like this one. Can't be possible.

Not true, my friend. I think I Am just might be my favorite of yours. Catchy as fuck, and I personally think your voice is better than ever.

/fanboy mode off/

Rooster
02-10-2009, 12:15 PM
^^ What he said.

It can be possible that everyone likes your songs so far... It was so in my case, i've heard no negative opinions about my songs/riffs from anyone who heard them... Which seems a bit weird to me too...

*blah blah attention whoring and self-worshiping*

Llamas
02-10-2009, 12:18 PM
Grumble. I've explained this! :mad:
Haha, one is for the punkier stuff, and the other for my various side projects.

Damn, myspace has been nothing but trouble today. It'll probably be back on in an hour or so.

Thanks for the interest. :) Would you like for me to make a zip file like you did for me?

haha, I haven't read all the way through both of your threads :P Sorry!

And a zip file would be fantastic!! :)

randman21
02-10-2009, 12:22 PM
Shit! Thanks, guys! I feel like I'm being annoying with how neurotic I am about my songs (I can't help it), but this helps. I'm glad you think that about my voice, Superdooope. It's hard to tell sometimes.

*blah blah attention whoring and self-worshiping* It's all about the whoring and the money anyway.

4 teh llamaz: randy_s music.zip - 19.16MB (http://www.zshare.net/download/55413537497ef5e3/)

EDIT: There are 7 songs there, one of them being my "Aquatic Ruin" game cover (Sonic the Hedgehog 2).

ad8
02-10-2009, 12:23 PM
I just listened to I Am for the first time. And I'm definitely NOT annoyed by it:D I rather liked it. Like, really liked it;)

Rooster
02-10-2009, 12:25 PM
It's all about the whoring and the money anyway.]

True.

Anyway, i forgot to say that your vocals are good, and match the style very well.

I like your songs. And cashburgers. And whores. And attention.

And the money.

Superdope
02-10-2009, 12:31 PM
Shit! Thanks, guys! I feel like I'm being annoying with how neurotic I am about my songs

You are always your worst critic.

Like, I know the music I make is, like, the shiznit, but I sometimes can't see it myself. Then I totally go listen to it, and yeah... iz the shiznit

Seriously though, we all know how it feels to share new music with others. Don't beat yourself up over it.

Llamas
02-10-2009, 12:34 PM
Shit! Thanks, guys! I feel like I'm being annoying with how neurotic I am about my songs (I can't help it), but this helps. I'm glad you think that about my voice, Superdooope. It's hard to tell sometimes.
It's all about the whoring and the money anyway.

4 teh llamaz: randy_s music.zip - 19.16MB (http://www.zshare.net/download/55413537497ef5e3/)

EDIT: There are 7 songs there, one of them being my "Aquatic Ruin" game cover (Sonic the Hedgehog 2).

Hooray! I'm excited! Especially for the Sonic cover! <3

randman21
02-10-2009, 12:35 PM
I just listened to I Am for the first time. And I'm definitely NOT annoyed by it:D I rather liked it. Like, really liked it;)
Niiiice. I'm glad for this.:)

True.

Anyway, i forgot to say that your vocals are good, and match the style very well.

I like your songs. And cashburgers. And whores. And attention.

And the money.
Haha, it just gets funnier every time.

And I appreciate it. I'm getting to the point where I'm using a lot less takes to get a good vocal. Jayne and Big as Life were done in one take, and I just had to redo a couple of parts for I Am. Fifty-First in Line took around ten.

Seriously though, we all know how it feels to share new music with others. Don't beat yourself up over it. I should write this on the inside of my eyelids, like they did on that one episode of the Angry Beavers.

Rutegard
02-10-2009, 12:48 PM
i like this new song very much as well

right into my mp3 playlist

Llamas
02-10-2009, 01:05 PM
Okay, so I'm gonna do my trademarked ranking system. But first of all, I don't know if you checked out No Use for a Name yet, but as soon as "Wavering" started, I thought of them. But there's a good chance that if you looked them up, you looked up the newer stuff, which your songs do not remind me of. So, you should watch these videos:

Justified Black Eye: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKQzVmhkGpQ

Soulmate: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BDrrxKWtVc

The Answer is Still No: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbt8q_qRCpU
The audio quality sucks in that one, but the video in this one is really wtf... you can hear the song better, though... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qimuLepghQo&feature=related

Wavering reminded me most of the style from Justified Black Eye, but I love all three songs.

ANYWAY.

Wavering: 7/10 I definitely like it, but feels a lot more generic than I'd like. As usual, I love your voice, and this song really reflects how good you are at programming drums for your style of music. Quite impressive. I also really enjoy the guitar fills!

Aquatic Ruin: 10,000,000/10 I fucking LOVE Sonic 2. This is like the best thing ever. I've never really dug the video game covers people do here, cause they're always for games I never played. But YES YES YES. Simply fantastic.

Big as Life: 8.5/10 I assume this is the new version of it? As you well know, I didn't really like this song, but it has recently grown on me. I've actually found the chorus stuck in my head recently. Oh yes, this is definitely a new version. I like the buildup to the chorus and the background during the chorus a lot. As I listen, the score I gave has climbed, haha. Yeah, I definitely like this revamped version a LOT more than I liked it before!!

51st in Line: 9.5/10 Is this a new version?? I already loved this song. Of course, I'm a huge critic, so it doesn't quite get 10/10. :P

Going Down: 9/10 Oh, right. I know this one. It definitely gets points for its divergence from your other stuff. The only part I really didn't like was that ending section, plus it doesn't quite keep my attention like 51st in Line does. Oh but I just got to the guitar solo. I forgot how much I loved that part. So the score just went up. :P

I Am: 7.5/10 I didn't really get super into this one... I don't really have much explanation for it, but it could be something that grows on me, like Big as Life. I generally liked the second half of the song more than the first half, though.

Jayne Rhymes with Pain: 8/10 I like this one. Points for the use of "gets my goat". :P I don't really feel anything super strong for it.

So yeah, overall, Going Down and 51st in Line are your kickass killers. <3 But all your music is above average in my opinion. Super listenable!! Thanks for sending me this stuff!! :)

Oh and can't forget the awesomeness of the Sonic cover.

randman21
02-10-2009, 01:21 PM
Whoa! That was totally unexpected and I love it :) I'm a major dumbass for not sleeping yet, so I will do that and give you a proper response tonight or in the morning after work.:)

drummerbecca
02-10-2009, 02:20 PM
Ah Randy, you rock. I really like I Am. Especially the harmony parts towards the end ( I think you've probably realised now I'm a sucker for good harmonies). I can't fault this. Guitars are great, voice is great. Drums really work, although may I suggest employing a drummer? *cough cough* :p
Seriously though, I'm really digging all your stuff. I get dibs on copy number one of your album when it comes out. And I want it signed! :p

Llamas
02-10-2009, 04:28 PM
Whoa! That was totally unexpected and I love it :) I'm a major dumbass for not sleeping yet, so I will do that and give you a proper response tonight or in the morning after work.:)

lawlz, I'm glad you liked it. :) I'm definitely usually worried that people will be offended... but that's just what I do. You don't have to do the same for mine unless you really want to; I just did it because I generally like to rate songs. haha. I'm weird.

Edit: I Am grew on me upon second listen. I give it an 8 now.

_Lost_
02-10-2009, 06:36 PM
OMG! HOW DID I MISS THIS!?!?!

stupid caps lock rule

randman21
02-10-2009, 06:49 PM
I'm glad it caused such a reaction in you. It's bound to mean something :P

Does stupid caps lock rule or is there a stupid caps lock rule?

_Lost_
02-10-2009, 06:53 PM
The new guitar part in Big As Life is totally badass and I Am is awesome!

we've soooo gotta jam!

there is a stupid rule

randman21
02-10-2009, 07:01 PM
The new guitar part in Big As Life is totally badass and I Am is awesome!

we've soooo gotta jam!

there is a stupid rule
Thank you! It seems to fill some of the bare parts quite nicely. If only I could do something with the verses. And I'm really glad you like I Am. For the record, it's one of the rare songs whose lyrics I'm highly proud of. Although I didn't realize I say "hope" more than our President.

And yes, we soooo do. When? Hehe, I have to work now, but let's talk about it, k?

Oh, I know the one. Rules are made to be broken, babe.

Llamas
02-10-2009, 07:10 PM
The lyrics to that song remind me of a mix between The Offspring and Yoda.
"hoping that this be the time"
"gone is the past"

I like the lyrics. :) But 51st in Line has my favorite lyrics. lol.

Also, I think I seem to like when you sing low. Your voice is very, very strong in the lower ranges. :)

_Lost_
02-10-2009, 07:15 PM
Thank you! It seems to fill some of the bare parts quite nicely. If only I could do something with the verses. And I'm really glad you like I Am. For the record, it's one of the rare songs whose lyrics I'm highly proud of. Although I didn't realize I say "hope" more than our President.

And yes, we soooo do. When? Hehe, I have to work now, but let's talk about it, k?

Oh, I know the one. Rules are made to be broken, babe.

It really does fill it out. I like the verses as they are. You don't need too much going on at once. But then again, as Thi has pointed out before, I'm a bit of a fan of silence.

Lol at the hope comment.

Umm... any weekend... haha. cept this one, cause I'm going to see We Are Masked play at the Tavern.

EDIT: FUCK YEAH THEY ARE!

darea
02-11-2009, 12:45 AM
Thanks men! The same can be said about the both of you. I'd follow your bands around the country if you toured here. It'd be a blast.

zShare link (I love this site):

I Am.mp3 - 2.97MB (http://www.zshare.net/audio/554107854512a8b3/)

Hehe Glad to see you've done another "New" version of one of your old songs! lol. And it's of course a way much better quality than the old one, although I like the old one too. I've had this song in my head all week along with I see... I've always liked this song a lot, and remembering hear it for the first time along with Big as life... to think that it was about 2 years ago....

randman21
02-11-2009, 01:10 PM
It really does fill it out. I like the verses as they are. You don't need too much going on at once. But then again, as Thi has pointed out before, I'm a bit of a fan of silence.

Lol at the hope comment.

Umm... any weekend... haha. cept this one, cause I'm going to see We Are Masked play at the Tavern.

Hehe, okay. *looks up this band you choose over ME*...
I think you made the right decision :D

The lyrics to that song remind me of a mix between The Offspring and Yoda.
"hoping that this be the time"
"gone is the past"

I like the lyrics. :) But 51st in Line has my favorite lyrics. lol.

Also, I think I seem to like when you sing low. Your voice is very, very strong in the lower ranges.
roflz! Yeah, I took certain...grammatical liberties with them. It's not quite "are we human, or are we dancer," but it's close :P

Yeah, I probably wouldn't do the same for your songs because I have a hard time expressing what I like and don't like. Plus I tend to rate songs I like too low (like a 5 would be pretty good). I see how people would be put off by it, but I'm totally not so feel free to do it anytime you want. :)

Let's see, I did check out NUFAN and I gotta say (must...resist...lame...pun) I am a "nu fan". I really liked it, and it's nice that you see them in me. I checked out their myspace, which I would assume has a mixture of old and new. I'll take a gander at those videos, but what else would you suggest from them?

I'm pleasantly surprised that you liked Wavering at all, and a little less but still surprised that you like my Aquatic Ruin cover. :D Just so you know, I played everything in it myself, except the drums, mostly using my MIDI keyboard and various awesome synth programs. It was fun!

And if I were allowed to use any more smilies in this post, I use them for the comment about my lower range. I should use it more. Again, thanks!

Rutegard
02-11-2009, 01:23 PM
The Meaning of Life was kinda cool as an acoustic. It could use some improvement though.

NO it could NOT!!

randman21
02-11-2009, 01:24 PM
Hehe Glad to see you've done another "New" version of one of your old songs! lol. And it's of course a way much better quality than the old one, although I like the old one too. I've had this song in my head all week along with I see... I've always liked this song a lot, and remembering hear it for the first time along with Big as life... to think that it was about 2 years ago....
Yeah, it's funny how the memory works, though. I finished Big as Life on April 15, 2007, which means I would have sent it to you soon after. But I thought I Am was done long before that. Everything from the first few months of that year seems to be compressed in my mind to the point where it seems like a couple of weeks. rofl, remember when you thought "gone is the past" was "God is the best"? My microphone situation has come a long way.

Ah Randy, you rock. I really like I Am. Especially the harmony parts towards the end ( I think you've probably realised now I'm a sucker for good harmonies). I can't fault this. Guitars are great, voice is great. Drums really work, although may I suggest employing a drummer? *cough cough*
Seriously though, I'm really digging all your stuff. I get dibs on copy number one of your album when it comes out. And I want it signed!
Thanks! I wanted to do more with harmonies, but I was sleepy and impatient to upload it.:p Yes, you may suggest that, and I eagerly accept.:)

EDIT: lol, Rutegard. Thanks much. I agree with him, though :P

Rutegard
02-11-2009, 01:35 PM
EDIT: lol, Rutegard. Thanks much. I agree with him, though :P

im not in a good mood today, so plz, do not disturb me :P lol

if i say it's perfect, it's because is fucking perfect!! and u r not allowed to say otherwise! not even u

randman21
02-11-2009, 01:37 PM
Haha. I stand corrected.

Rutegard
02-11-2009, 01:43 PM
Haha. I stand corrected.

good :)

there's something u should know about u before saying stuff like that. u really rock. we really appreciate your work (even if u do not)

we do not demand perfecionism, just a song that comes right from your heart, and to me that means everything! so do not chance a thing. do not make it "perfect". it is good the way it is because it was how u made it. if u want, remaster it, but never delete the older version. hum no, do not remaster it, no need for that :p lol

randman21
02-11-2009, 01:45 PM
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww <3<3<3

Thanks. :)

Rutegard
02-11-2009, 01:50 PM
<33 don't thank me, thank U, cause its true, see? this could be used for some lyrics idea LOL :P

Llamas
02-11-2009, 05:23 PM
All the songs on their myspace are new, actually. The Trumpet Player, I Want to be Wrong, Biggest Lie, Yours to Destroy and The Feel Good Song of the Year are all off the album that just came out... International You Day is off their 2002 record. The stuff your songs remind me of is from 1997 and earlier. :)

randman21
02-11-2009, 06:41 PM
How lame. I'll find some older stuff, then.

Llamas
02-11-2009, 06:44 PM
If you can't watch the videos I linked, listen to "Justified Black Eye", "Straight from the Jacket", "On the Outside"... yeah, start there. :)

randman21
02-11-2009, 06:52 PM
Thanks. I will :)

Hehe, also thanks for Imogen Heap, Tegan and Sara, and Wir Sind Helden.;)

Llamas
02-11-2009, 07:23 PM
No probs, yo. I'm glad you lykt. :D

Free?
02-12-2009, 02:31 AM
I Am. I enjoyed the song, especially all those bridges and little slower parts. It's a shame that you don't have a kidnapped drummer in your basement, I can only imagine how your songs would sound with real drums.

Rutegard
02-12-2009, 05:07 AM
I Am. I enjoyed the song, especially all those bridges and little slower parts. It's a shame that you don't have a kidnapped drummer in your basement, I can only imagine how your songs would sound with real drums.

if i were u i wouldnt be so sure...

did ya heard about atom and josh?...yeah...ask randy...

randman21
02-12-2009, 06:13 AM
Free?, if I were you, I'd listen to what she just said.

And thank you!:)

_Lost_
02-12-2009, 06:19 AM
if i were u i wouldnt be so sure...

did ya heard about atom and josh?...yeah...ask randy...

HAHAHA! Rutegard is just on fire this week!

Rutegard
02-12-2009, 09:47 AM
HAHAHA! Rutegard is just on fire this week!

thank u thank u :)

ad8
02-12-2009, 11:10 AM
I Am has definitely grown on me now. I love the guitar bridges and the vocals. Probably #2 or #3 behind Wavering and maybe Fifty-First In Line.

randman21
02-12-2009, 11:29 AM
Awesome! I keep forgetting you were the Wavering fan. I'd say my favorite part of this is "I've been around you..." section, maybe also the little breakdown after the first line of each verse. I hope I don't sound pretentious talking about my own songs in this way. :D

Blitzkrieg Bop
02-12-2009, 11:42 AM
So, finally ;) I have got the download and have been listening to it. I like it especially the intro, but still doesn't beat Fifty First for me :D

Carry on the way you are and soon you will have 12 amazing songs ... enough for an album :)

randman21
02-12-2009, 12:04 PM
So, finally ; ) I have got the download and have been listening to it. I like it especially the intro, but still doesn't beat Fifty First for me :D

Carry on the way you are and soon you will have 12 amazing songs ... enough for an album :)
That's cool...liking one song less means you like the other more. :)

By the way, if you all would please listen to the songs on this site (http://www.soundclick.com/thefisticuffs), I'd appreciate it. I intend to make a dent in the punk charts on Soundclick. It's pretty much a popularity contest, so every play helps :)

Rooster
02-12-2009, 12:13 PM
By the way, if you all would please listen to the songs on this site (http://www.soundclick.com/thefisticuffs), I'd appreciate it. I intend to make a dent in the punk charts on Soundclick. It's pretty much a popularity contest, so every play helps :)

Attentionwhoring? :D Naah, i'll help you, don't worry. You deserve more recognition.

All for attention. And bitches. And hoes.

And the money.

Rutegard
02-12-2009, 12:22 PM
doing it randy :)

randman21
02-12-2009, 12:34 PM
lmao, thanks guys.:D

Blitzkrieg Bop
02-13-2009, 11:10 AM
Consider it DONE :)

Rutegard
02-20-2009, 07:42 AM
u really rock. we really appreciate your work (even if u do not)

we do not demand perfecionism, just a song that comes right from your heart, and to me that means everything! so do not chance a thing. do not make it "perfect". it is good the way it is because it was how u made it. if u want, remaster it, but never delete the older version. hum no, do not remaster it, no need for that :p lol

well, felt like quoting this...

but basically what i wanted to know is if there is any news? :P

randman21
02-20-2009, 07:51 AM
well, felt like quoting this...

but basically what i wanted to know is if there is any news? :P
YOU rock. :)

Umm, there is no news. Been a lazy bastard lately. I have so many songs I can work on right now, but I just don't feel like it :\

darea
02-20-2009, 09:45 AM
YOU rock. :)

Umm, there is no news. Been a lazy bastard lately. I have so many songs I can work on right now, but I just don't feel like it :\

You lazy bones you! Get back to work!!!:mad::mad:

randman21
02-26-2009, 05:23 PM
Okay, so I managed to knock two songs out, but apparently, I am incapable of getting decent quality out of my stuff today. Still, you may find these enjoyable. I strongly recommend you listen to them in this order.

Over There.mp3 - 3.77MB (http://www.zshare.net/audio/562315250ed0cd17/)

Covenant.mp3 - 3.71MB (http://www.zshare.net/audio/56231579979ba167/)

I hate the bridge of Over There.

randman21
02-26-2009, 05:31 PM
Funny how, right after I wrote Over There, the FX tv show of the same name came out, and after Covenant, the movie "The Covenant" was released.

Over There

Help me, I don’t want to lose myself in depravity.
Self-Destruction’s here.

Hold me up. I’m falling into this trap door now.
I’ve put it off for the right time for you to know.

It’s too late for me.
So just save yourself.
But know I’ll wait for you
Over there.
From beyond this world, I’ll still care,
From over there.

Right now, I'm trying to hearken back to my brighter days.
Somehow, they don’t seem as far away.

Leave me here. This water’s rising past my head.
I wanted to make peace with myself before I said:

It’s too late for me.
So just save yourself.
Over there.
From beyond this world I’ll still care.
From over--

To all of the people I hurt on my way to the top.
To all of the friends I watched free-falling on a fatal drop.
All my imperfections are recollections of a gang of mistakes.
And I learned from them, but I must affirm that it’s a bit too late.

‘Cause it’s time to go.

Here it comes…the shades of gray are darkening.
From here on out you are unchained. Let freedom ring.

It’s too late for me.
So just save yourself.
Over there.

It’s too late for me.
So just save yourself.
Over there.

Covenant?

A seething pool of disconsolate souls lies before me.
I put a foot in to test it out.
I know I'm in clear and present danger, with help far away as I thrash around,
But it’s something that I can’t rest without.

When I ignore my standards, it all makes sense to me.
And when I look more closely, I feel you next to me.
Your visage is of darkness, concealed by brilliant schemes.
If I try to depart this, when will I cease to be?

As I stand gazing in this massive pit for the downtrodden,
it’s tempting me more every minute.
I'm promised secular wealth again, but if I concede, I’ll be one of “them”.
I guess I'm damned any way you spin it.

Must I go with categorical light?
Or will such avarice claim my life?
Must I be doomed to have to choose between happiness now and forevermore?

When I ignore my standards, it all makes sense to me.
And when I look more closely, I feel you next to me.
Your visage is of darkness, concealed by brilliant schemes.
If I try to depart this, when will I cease to be?

darea
02-27-2009, 12:08 AM
Now I have to find a way to make it download. It's forever sending me to other pages when I wanna download something, pissing me off! I wish you'd email them to me as well, it makes things so much easier for me! :(

But I can't wait to listen! Hah I bet you were keeping this secret to surprise me on purpose, it worked!:p

Umm, why is "over there" just a few seconds?You gotta send me the whole thing!

randman21
02-27-2009, 12:47 AM
Now I have to find a way to make it download. It's forever sending me to other pages when I wanna download something, pissing me off! I wish you'd email them to me as well, it makes things so much easier for me! :(

But I can't wait to listen! Hah I bet you were keeping this secret to surprise me on purpose, it worked!:p

Umm, why is "over there" just a few seconds?You gotta send me the whole thing!
Sent. .

darea
02-27-2009, 12:56 AM
Thanks. You maybe saved my life!:)

randman21
02-27-2009, 01:00 AM
Haha. Good. For the record, I semi-like this version Of Covenant. It's way way way way way way way better than the original, which isn't saying much.

darea
02-27-2009, 01:17 AM
Haha. Good. For the record, I semi-like this version Of Covenant. It's way way way way way way way better than the original, which isn't saying much.

You know how much I was crazy about the first version. So You know how crazy I'm gonna be for the new one! And the download is taking so long that Its driving me crazy to wait so long. But its worth waiting for.

Stupid internet!

ad8
02-27-2009, 04:52 AM
Oh. my. god. Over There = epic
The beginning of the verse reminds me a bit of Nirvana, then it becomes a bit different but still awesome. And how did you do the sounds/effects at 1:55? This is really top-class, man.
I'll listen to Covenant later.

Rutegard
02-27-2009, 05:27 AM
and the winner is.....

OVER THERE!!!

Rutegard
02-27-2009, 05:28 AM
thanks dude, for giving us such great songs!!! :D

randman21
02-27-2009, 05:28 AM
Oh. my. god. Over There = epic
The beginning of the verse reminds me a bit of Nirvana, then it becomes a bit different but still awesome. And how did you do the sounds/effects at 1:55? This is really top-class, man.
I'll listen to Covenant later.
Damn, dude. Thanks! I know that my saying this is gonna get old after a while, but I'm shocked, again. I guess I have no reason to be, though. I was satisfied overall. Hehe so far, that first part of the verse has been compared to Red Hot Chili Peppers and Nirvana, both of which I highly approve. I'm really glad you like the bridge part. I thought I may have overdone it. I didn't plan on making it that way, but the toms in that part sounded totally fake, so I had to mask them. :D The sound effects were all done with Guitar Rig 3. It's awesome, but I have a feeling that I'm not getting full functionality out of it. Same with Fruity Loops (which I know you use, correcto?), except that I'm completely useless with that. Heh.

Also, this is probably the oldest I've posted so far. I was 19 when I wrote this, and I was just starting to get into the Offspring/coming into my own writing style at the time. I was so proud. :D

randman21
02-27-2009, 05:34 AM
Thanks, Ruty! You're a sweety. :) So, thank YOU for listening and enjoying.:cool:

Rutegard
02-27-2009, 05:48 AM
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e113/Rutegard/randy.jpg

ad8
02-27-2009, 05:57 AM
Damn, dude. Thanks! I know that my saying this is gonna get old after a while, but I'm shocked, again. I guess I have no reason to be, though. I was satisfied overall. Hehe so far, that first part of the verse has been compared to Red Hot Chili Peppers and Nirvana, both of which I highly approve. I'm really glad you like the bridge part. I thought I may have overdone it. I didn't plan on making it that way, but the toms in that part sounded totally fake, so I had to mask them. :D The sound effects were all done with Guitar Rig 3. It's awesome, but I have a feeling that I'm not getting full functionality out of it. Same with Fruity Loops (which I know you use, correcto?), except that I'm completely useless with that. Heh.

Also, this is probably the oldest I've posted so far. I was 19 when I wrote this, and I was just starting to get into the Offspring/coming into my own writing style at the time. I was so proud. :D
Ah... Guitar Rig:D It's a nice program. I also feel like I'm not really getting the best sound out of fruity loops, but it's ok.
And lol, this is your oldest song? I was tempted to say "Your style has changed from fast punk songs (Wavering for example) to slower hard rock, but that would have been wrong, then:D I listened to Covenant now and I like that one, too. Your slower creations are as listen-worthy as your punk masterpieces. If I put all your songs together, I see great diversity and half an hour of marvellous music.

Rutegard
02-27-2009, 05:58 AM
just because i wanted to point out that this is my fav song, here it comes another one. just for u randy :D

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e113/Rutegard/randyesteeke.jpg

not that i dont like the other one okay?...its just that..well..ya know...

darea
02-27-2009, 06:13 AM
Glad people like them! Well I was the one who said the beginning of "over there" reminds me of Red hot chili peppers, and the guitar reminds me a bit of "hold the line" by Toto.

Hehe so Covenant isn't loved as much as I do, but it doesn't matter, over there is just too awesome for words. But for me Covenant is the big winner!:p

randman21
02-27-2009, 06:22 AM
stuff
Haha, maybe it would have been a bit wrong, but thanks all the same.:D I actually progressed from that stuff to punkier stuff, and then sorta back. I’m tempted to record a relatively recent song that I really like, to demonstrate this, but I’m scared to sing it. :P Covenant has given me courage, though. About that last comment, I’m really happy about that, and I’d absolutely say the same about your music, though you’ve probably put out more than I have. :)

[/pic]
not that i dont like the other one okay?...its just that..well..ya know...
Sorry I didn't reply earlier, I was too busy laughing. I didn't know you could make your own loldogs. :P

Thanks, and even if you didn't like the other one, that would be okay. :)

Rutegard
02-27-2009, 06:40 AM
Thanks, and even if you didn't like the other one, that would be okay. :)

u kidding me?
i liked it!! just not as much as over there because, i dunno, maybe its just me that REALLY REALLY likes that song a lot LOL

darea
02-27-2009, 11:30 PM
u kidding me?
i liked it!! just not as much as over there because, i dunno, maybe its just me that REALLY REALLY likes that song a lot LOL

So you don't think Covenant is a really sexy/hot song? Or sung in a sexy voice? lol

Shame on Randy for giving us Covenant at the same time as over there for over there to get all the credit!!! Boo!

I have a feeling "Over there" wins over 51st in line....
So Over there vs 51st in line....;)

Blitzkrieg Bop
02-28-2009, 08:30 AM
So, I sat this afternoon and listened to all your stuff, paying special attention to Covenant, Over There, Jayne Rhymes With Pain and Going Down, cause I hadn't really paid them the well deserved attention before this.

I seriously believe that Fifty First has competition to the point that I would say it has moved to the fourth position on my list. Over There and Going Down just simply rock ... further comment on this point is not necessary :) You should definately continue to knock on Nitro's door or any other label and get noticed.

_Lost_
02-28-2009, 10:43 AM
geeeeeezzzeeee how the fuck did i manage to miss this again?

ok.

I listened to Over There and my initial assessment was "Oh shit! This is pretty fuckin' awesome!"

Then I listened to Covenant and my initial assessment was "HOLY SHIT! This is really fucking awesome!!!"

Covenant is basically everything that I like in music lately. Haha. :o

randman21
02-28-2009, 06:29 PM
So, I sat this afternoon and listened to all your stuff, paying special attention to Covenant, Over There, Jayne Rhymes With Pain and Going Down, cause I hadn't really paid them the well deserved attention before this.

I seriously believe that Fifty First has competition to the point that I would say it has moved to the fourth position on my list. Over There and Going Down just simply rock ... further comment on this point is not necessary :) You should definately continue to knock on Nitro's door or any other label and get noticed.
Wow, what an accomplishment! Two songs jumping toward the head of the pack instantly. I'm glad you gave it some time and attention, although I still think it's not required. ;)

geeeeeezzzeeee how the fuck did i manage to miss this again?

ok.

I listened to Over There and my initial assessment was "Oh shit! This is pretty fuckin' awesome!"

Then I listened to Covenant and my initial assessment was "HOLY SHIT! This is really fucking awesome!!!"

Covenant is basically everything that I like in music lately. Haha. :o
Hahaha, you seem to be ashamed to like Covenant. Nah, thank you. :) I actually feel like I did the song some justice this time.

I was wondering if you had missed this, but I'd feel rather self-centered asking. :P

Llamas
02-28-2009, 09:37 PM
I just listened...

I like Over There a lot... it's got a great energy to it. Of course, the melody of Covenant is really high, which loses it points cause I like your lower singing better. But it's definitely cool to have a slower thudding song contrasting your usual upbeat stuff. I like the part around 2.30 the most in Covenant... really cool atmosphere there. :)

Gustavo
03-01-2009, 03:49 AM
Gee, this band is fuckin' awesome! I wish I had listened to this band earlier!
You guys are friggin' great! Congrats Randy & mates! :)
Rock on, you guys have a new fan! :)

darea
03-01-2009, 04:09 AM
Gee, this band is fuckin' awesome! I wish I had listened to this band earlier!
You guys are friggin' great! Congrats Randy & mates! :)
Rock on, you guys have a new fan! :)

Glad you like it. But maybe you gotta know, for now the band is just Randy on his own. He's still gotta find band members. So all the congrats go to him alone!

Gustavo
03-01-2009, 04:18 AM
Glad you like it. But maybe you gotta know, for now the band is just Randy on his own. He's still gotta find band members. So all the congrats go to him alone!

So, congrats, Randy!
Good lick finding new mates. :)

Blitzkrieg Bop
03-01-2009, 04:55 AM
Wow, what an accomplishment! Two songs jumping toward the head of the pack instantly. I'm glad you gave it some time and attention, although I still think it's not required. ;)

Not required ... I think you are totally under-estimating yourself, we can't all possibly be wrong :)

darea
03-01-2009, 05:11 AM
Not required ... I think you are totally under-estimating yourself, we can't all possibly be wrong :)

Two years ago when it was just me saying how great he was, he found it hard to believe, because one thinks a gf will always be positive. But I guess since about december 2008, when you've all been encouraging/congratulating him for his music, we've all given him a big boost, and the fisticuffs have taken their first flight...lol and that's why he's been bombarding us with more and more new stuff! Because he's beginning to believe us when we say his music is great.

I bet even now he doesn't believe a 100% that he's good.

That means he under-estimates himself still...

randman21
03-01-2009, 05:15 AM
Umm, could you please stop embarrassing the living crap out of me please? :o

Les Paul Girl
03-01-2009, 05:31 AM
I just listened through your songs and you've got yourself a new fan. It's awesome stuff! Can't really choose between Over There and Covenant - they're both great. Other favourites are Fifty-First in Line and Jayne Rhymes with Pain. Looking forward to hearing more from you and good luck finding band members!

randman21
03-01-2009, 05:33 AM
Hey, thanks!:)

darea
03-01-2009, 05:53 AM
Umm, could you please stop embarrassing the living crap out of me please? :o

I'll try next time. I just said YOU good! hehe but okay. Won't embarass you for the rest of the week.:p

randman21
03-01-2009, 06:22 AM
I just listened...

I like Over There a lot... it's got a great energy to it. Of course, the melody of Covenant is really high, which loses it points cause I like your lower singing better. But it's definitely cool to have a slower thudding song contrasting your usual upbeat stuff. I like the part around 2.30 the most in Covenant... really cool atmosphere there. :)
Seriously, if I knew everyone would like Over There so much, I would have made it extra awesome. Heh, I got kinda lazy and frustrated toward the end. Anyway, I'm especially glad you like it because I recorded it just for you. It's one of the only ones where I sing low at all. Feel special. ;)

randman21
03-01-2009, 07:17 AM
Announcement (Heh, I'm basically copying and pasting, changing only pronouns):

So... some weeks/months ago ad8 had an idea for a song about his home and then he had another idea. He thought something like "wouldn't it be cool if there were 2 verses sung by people from different countries/continents?" So he asked me if I wanted to take part in such a thing and I said yes. Well, there you have it:D This is going to be a Ricetigers feat. The Fisticuffs song.
Any thoughts on this?

Llamas
03-01-2009, 11:33 AM

So... some weeks/months ago ad8 had an idea for a song about his home and then he had another idea. He thought something like "wouldn't it be cool if there were 2 verses sung by people from different countries/continents?" So he asked me if I wanted to take part in such a thing and I said yes. Well, there you have it:D This is going to be a Ricetigers feat. The Fisticuffs song.
Any thoughts on this?

lol coneman and I have somewhat been intending to write songs together for ages. It's a fun idea. :D

Rutegard
03-01-2009, 12:08 PM
randy, i just dunno wut to say anymore... :P

drummerbecca
03-01-2009, 01:11 PM

Any thoughts on this?

Are you asking what song(s) we think you should do? Or asking if we think it's a good idea? :p

_Lost_
03-01-2009, 01:23 PM
dont forget about love is a battlefield randy!

randman21
03-01-2009, 06:32 PM
Are you asking what song(s) we think you should do? Or asking if we think it's a good idea? :p
Lol, as I said, I pretty much copied and pasted this from his thread, so you might ask him what he meant by it.;)

By the way, the song is basically written, except for my part, and is awesome.

dont forget about love is a battlefield randy!
Haha! Never, ever shall I forget that.

darea
03-02-2009, 02:41 AM

Any thoughts on this?

This sounds cool. Well if something comes up while Im away, PM me the thread page or something!

Rutegard
03-02-2009, 03:33 AM
when i get the time i'm gonna dedicate u a song called randy for president!

here r the lyrics.

Randy for president!

" i feel like a rabbit in your society
with all u hunters looking down on me
every step and every breath i take
i cant handle the pressure
please just let me be free
and runaway from your society

i get into my room
just me no one else there
i grab my laptop and i lay down in my bed
knock on my door, u wouldn't dare!

yeah i've got a second life
you'll never understand what it means to me
a second life full of pride
a second life without you
now just let me be alone and close the door

i don't care if you r against it
i don't give a fuck if you think i'm sick
yeah i live a second life even if it's just online
so what if i go and listen to randy, karin and tim myspace pages
so what if to me Blitzkrieg Bop is more than just a song
so what if i call Little_Miss_1565 to kick your ass when you r insulting me in the schoolyard
so what if i ask which social group you belong to
so what if i wanna read your profile before even start talking to you
so what if i talk to ppl around the globe
so what if i send you a friend request
and so what if i ask how many posts you have?

this is all normal in my second life
yeah u wish u had one just like mine
all u gotta do is register yourself
but then keep your face away from me

because

ive got my second life
and i rule the world
where
no one cares if you're young or old
no one gives a crap if you're a boy or a girl
and no wants to know where you are from

this is the best place for me to be
with people with the same disabilities
we are addicted to the same thing
you are me and i am you
here is where i feel alive
and i'll stick around 'till i retire
will u be here by my side?

they say this is not real
they might be right
it might be true
but as far as i know
you already got a spot in my heart,
and if that aint real
then i got nothing left here,
guess im just running away from society hunting dogs!"

well, when i get my micro im gonna singing it to u :p lol

randman21
03-02-2009, 04:20 AM
Awww, I lovez it! Glad to be a prominent part of your second life, hehe. Now...you singing this should be priceless. Can't wait for THAT.:)

darea
03-02-2009, 05:03 AM
That was a sweet song Ruty!

Rutegard
03-02-2009, 05:04 AM
That was a sweet song Ruty!

thanks, it came out just like that :|
i really dunno what i was thinking lol

darea
03-02-2009, 05:10 AM
It sounds like it could be a special crazy hymn for the bbs. :p

Blitzkrieg Bop
03-02-2009, 06:52 AM
Ruty ... that sounds pretty awesome, could become the national anthem for the BBS :D

Rutegard
03-02-2009, 06:55 AM
It sounds like it could be a special crazy hymn for the bbs. :p

Ruty ... that sounds pretty awesome, could become the national anthem for the BBS :D

u gals...dont tell me that u related to that, i thought it was just me :P

and still randy for president...

EDIT: randy, what i just wanted to ask u is, what about nothing from soemthing cover?!

Blitzkrieg Bop
03-02-2009, 07:59 AM
EDIT: randy, what i just wanted to ask u is, what about nothing from soemthing cover?!

Oh, I second that ... my all time favourite song. This would be really awesome :)

randman21
03-02-2009, 08:06 AM
Wow, I didn't realize you like it that much, Marika. Anyway, Ruty, you gave me until 2012 to get it done, no?:)

Rutegard
03-02-2009, 08:07 AM
Wow, I didn't realize you like it that much, Marika. Anyway, Ruty, you gave me until 2012 to get it done, no?:)

/Ruty scratches her head.....damn...it's rigth...but you could hurry up things a lil bit huh? :p

randman21
03-02-2009, 08:14 AM
Lol, I was just thinking about it this morning when song came on my mp3 player. I'll see what I can do. Don't get your hopes up too high, though.

Sofinch
03-02-2009, 09:34 AM
RUTEGARD!! that's just great, it's so complete!
and I guess It's how many people feel here included me
girl u got talent!

_Lost_
03-02-2009, 09:48 AM

here r the lyrics.

Randy for president!

" i feel like a rabbit in your society
with all u hunters looking down on me
every step and every breath i take
i cant handle the pressure
please just let me be free
and runaway from your society

i get into my room
just me no one else there
i grab my laptop and i lay down in my bed
knock on my door, u wouldn't dare!

yeah i've got a second life
you'll never understand what it means to me
a second life full of pride
a second life without you
now just let me be alone and close the door

i don't care if you r against it
i don't give a fuck if you think i'm sick
yeah i live a second life even if it's just online
so what if i go and listen to randy, karin and tim myspace pages
so what if to me Blitzkrieg Bop is more than just a song
so what if i call Little_Miss_1565 to kick your ass when you r insulting me in the schoolyard
so what if i ask which social group you belong to
so what if i wanna read your profile before even start talking to you
so what if i talk to ppl around the globe
so what if i send you a friend request
and so what if i ask how many posts you have?

this is all normal in my second life
yeah u wish u had one just like mine
all u gotta do is register yourself
but then keep your face away from me

because

ive got my second life
and i rule the world
where
no one cares if you're young or old
no one gives a crap if you're a boy or a girl
and no wants to know where you are from

this is the best place for me to be
with people with the same disabilities
we are addicted to the same thing
you are me and i am you
here is where i feel alive
and i'll stick around 'till i retire
will u be here by my side?

they say this is not real
they might be right
it might be true
but as far as i know
you already got a spot in my heart,
and if that aint real
then i got nothing left here,
guess im just running away from society hunting dogs!"

well, when i get my micro im gonna singing it to u :p lol

uhh... rutegard, maybe you should just go ahead and change your name to randyisMYman and just get it over with already.

Rutegard
03-02-2009, 09:49 AM
uhh... rutegard, maybe you should just go ahead and change your name to randyisMYman and just get it over with already.

what the hell are you talking about ?? :eek: randy has no manboobs u sicko!!

edit: and do u really HAVE to quote such a big post :P

_Lost_
03-02-2009, 10:00 AM
what the hell are you talking about ?? :eek: randy has no manboobs u sicko!!

edit: and do u really HAVE to quote such a big post :P

lolololol!

and yes... yes i did.

Les Paul Girl
03-02-2009, 10:08 AM
Ruty, you've got talent girl :eek:

Blitzkrieg Bop
03-02-2009, 10:50 AM

I'm sorry but 2012 is not gonna cut it for me *hurry up* but don't skimp on your own stuff :)

/Ruty scratches her head.....damn...it's rigth...but you could hurry up things a lil bit huh? :p

As above, I second this

Lol, I was just thinking about it this morning when song came on my mp3 player. I'll see what I can do. Don't get your hopes up too high, though.

You have already raised my hopes ... if you crush them, I will hold you responsible ;)

Gustavo
03-02-2009, 11:34 AM
lyrics
bla bla bla

hahaha. Ana, just so you know. The domains www.randyisdashit.com (http://who.is/whois-com/ip-address/randyisdashit.com/) and www.randymarryme.com (http://who.is/whois-com/ip-address/randymarryme.com/) are available.

Rutegard
03-02-2009, 11:38 AM
hahaha. Ana, just so you know. The domains www.randyisdashit.com (http://who.is/whois-com/ip-address/randyisdashit.com/) and www.randymarryme.com (http://who.is/whois-com/ip-address/randymarryme.com/) are available.

ahaha thanks for the tips.

_Lost_
03-02-2009, 01:46 PM
ahaha thanks for the tips.

like i said

randyisMYman

do it.

Outerspaceman21
03-02-2009, 03:08 PM
Rad shit, man. Keep it up.

randman21
03-02-2009, 06:31 PM
Hey, thanks Ponce. ;) I'll try my damnedest.

Oh, my...that comment >>>>> win. Keep that up and I'm changing my name to karinisMYman.
Well, you know what I mean.
EDIT: Oh, and Gustavo, don't encourage her! Haha.

Llamas
03-02-2009, 07:03 PM
karinisMYman.

...is there something Karin hasn't told me?

_Lost_
03-02-2009, 07:37 PM
Oh, my...that comment >>>>> win. Keep that up and I'm changing my name to karinisMYman.
Well, you know what I mean.
Oh man! <3 <3 <3

...is there something Karin hasn't told me?
I'm a giant-ass bowlful of mystery my dear.
Don't have the slightest clue why i just called you "dear"

Outerspaceman21
03-02-2009, 08:08 PM
Oh man! <3 <3 <3

I'm a giant-ass bowlful of mystery my dear.
Don't have the slightest clue why i just called you "dear"

Mysterys that scare the shit out of me, and I don't even them...

_Lost_
03-02-2009, 08:09 PM
Mysterys that scare the shit out of me, and I don't even them...

huh ?

Outerspaceman21
03-02-2009, 08:17 PM
huh ?

I just said that your mysterys scare the shit out of me, and I don't even know them, man...

Hey, banana bread...

Rutegard
03-03-2009, 12:13 AM
u guys suck

next time randy, no more biscuits for u.

like i said

randyisMYman

do it.

karin i dont like u anymore :(

edit: gonna break iitttt and never stooop ruuniiiing yeah :)

darea
03-04-2009, 01:28 AM
I tried reading all that and didn't get any of it, but it doesn't matter!

and Randy MY man hoe! Ruty's his biggest craziest fan! hehe:p

Rutegard
03-04-2009, 01:42 AM
I tried reading all that and didn't get any of it, but it doesn't matter!

and Randy MY man hoe! Ruty's his biggest craziest fan! hehe:p

well, i tried jo, i tried, but no one listened to me:(

darea
03-04-2009, 02:41 AM
well, i tried jo, i tried, but no one listened to me:(

Its ok Randy and I (and especially Randy) enjoyed your song!

Rutegard
03-04-2009, 02:58 AM
Its ok Randy and I (and especially Randy) enjoyed your song!

you meant ruty:p and jo, is not a song... just some words putting down together LOL i have no intentions whatsoever to sing it AHAH, well, one more time, i was just kidding ya know? :p just killing time while we wait for another randy's song :)

darea
03-04-2009, 03:06 AM
you meant ruty:p and jo, is not a song... just some words putting down together LOL i have no intentions whatsoever to sing it AHAH, well, one more time, i was just kidding ya know? :p just killing time while we wait for another randy's song :)

Oops! yeah I meant Ruty. And I know you were kidding and stuff. But thats why we like it. You're funny. And funny is good.

Rutegard
03-10-2009, 03:11 AM
what about news, huh?

randman21
03-10-2009, 03:24 AM
No news yet.:p
shhhhhhh

dff_punk
03-11-2009, 07:40 AM
Wow, quality punk-rock music, I must say! Both Over There and Covenant are fantastic, Over There has got this catchyness and is really powerful, and the chorus of Covenant is so damn wonderful, I like it very much. I will listen to the third song later when I find it, gotta get away from the computer right now. Keep up the good work!! :)

Rutegard
03-12-2009, 07:34 AM
No news yet.:p
shhhhhhh

u liar :p

randman21
03-12-2009, 07:51 AM
u liar :p

It's not official yet, dammit!

Wow, quality punk-rock music, I must say! Both Over There and Covenant are fantastic, Over There has got this catchyness and is really powerful, and the chorus of Covenant is so damn wonderful, I like it very much. I will listen to the third song later when I find it, gotta get away from the computer right now. Keep up the good work!! :)
Wow, thanks man! I'm glad you're taking the time to see what's up around these parts. Ya know, I'm getting impatient for you to also do some more stuff. ;)

Rutegard
03-12-2009, 07:54 AM

Oops :p

lol

ad8
03-12-2009, 08:44 AM

Now I'm curious:D

Rutegard
03-12-2009, 08:45 AM
Now I'm curious:D

if u paid more attention to the social group.....

darea
03-13-2009, 06:39 AM
We want news!:mad: And anything about the potential new band members! anything! lol