PDA

View Full Version : Question concerning Brand New

JohnnyNemesis
12-05-2007, 01:36 PM
Why are Sic Transit Gloria...Glory Fades and Guernica two of the best pieces of media to ever be brought into existence, while everything else this band spews out is horribly boring pretentious bullshit?

It really bums me the fuck out.

RickyCrack
12-05-2007, 01:56 PM
Because every brand new song falls into this mold:

"fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap
omg the smiths
fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap
morrisey plz put ur dick in me
How cum nobody else loves the smiths as much as i do?"

The answer being of course that the majority of the world population is in fact not homosexual (especially in Iran, and they really hate brand new.)

JohnnyNemesis
12-05-2007, 01:57 PM
Holy fucking crap that post is amazing consider my mind blown oh shiz.

RickyCrack
12-05-2007, 01:58 PM
i no rite?

but srsly, the smiths are o.k.

coke_a_holic
12-05-2007, 02:06 PM
:( I like Brand New.

Or at least, I like Deja Entendu.

JohnnyNemesis
12-05-2007, 02:10 PM
Deja Entendu infuriates me because the aforementioned songs are so good that I no longer have any semen in my testicles because listening to those songs causes spontaeous ejaculation.

But the rest of the album was so bad that I wanted to kill someone. Then I did :cool: :cool:

irishpunkrockgirl
12-05-2007, 02:39 PM
I love Brand New. They are amazing live.

GreenTerror
12-05-2007, 03:14 PM

Basically.

Corpse
12-05-2007, 04:19 PM

I beg to disagree.

When I saw them at GIAN, he asked the crowd not to move around...

GreenTerror
12-05-2007, 04:56 PM
Movement disturbs Jesse Lacy's awesome. The man needs to concentrate. Don't you know anything?

T-6005
12-05-2007, 04:59 PM
I enjoyed most of Deja Entendu, but those two songs are better than everything else on that album. I also downloaded their next album, panting in anticipation, and I was so sorely disappointed I actually got gonorrhea.

JohnnyNemesis
12-05-2007, 05:02 PM
Movement disturbs Jesse Lacy's awesome. The man needs to concentrate. Don't you know anything?

Wait, his name is Jesse Lacy?

...JESSE LACY?!

In other words, you're telling me that, by having these two songs on my computer, I've been gay all this time and didn't know it? 'Cause that's what it looks like to me.

HOW THE FUCK DO I EXPLAIN THIS TO PEOPLE? I'VE SLEPT WITH WOMEN! I'M LIVING A LIE.

GreenTerror
12-05-2007, 05:09 PM
Indeed you are. It's best to just accept it.

0r4ng3
12-05-2007, 05:16 PM
Wait, what's wrong with his name? It's the "Lacy", right?

Right?

cybermears
12-05-2007, 05:23 PM
they changed their style so much between your favorite weapon and Deja Entendu (i like both) and well for the devil and the god.... most songs involve them going all slow and then speeding up but some how i still like it all.

i dunno why they were headlining GIAN there were so many better bands that night and lots of my mates hadn't actually ever heard of them

Apathy
12-05-2007, 08:23 PM
I agree with JN basically, but to a different degree.

I love about 1/3 of their songs. The other ones are steaming piles of shit. Sowing Season ain't bad. The songs JN mentioned are stellar. Your Favorite Weapon is some of the worst music I've ever heard with only one or two songs as exceptions.

XYlophonetreeZ
12-06-2007, 01:39 AM
You said it all. I've asked the same question ever since I heard the album. "OK, I Believe You, But My Tommygun Don't" is semi-tolerable, but fuck it, it's not ejaculation-inducing like those two songs so who gives a cock.

One to the right
12-06-2007, 09:31 PM
Brand New is extremely pretentious...but I like there music. I thought there were some misses on their last album but I liked the songs, Jesus Christ and You Won't Know a lot among others. If you haven't heard their new online single Fork and Knife it is pretty good as well. I agree that Deja was their best album. Also, they are a pretty crappy live band overall when I've seen them play.

H1T_That
12-07-2007, 06:49 AM
Sic transit gloria is a fucking awesome song. The rest of Deja Entendu fails hard.

HeadAroundU
12-07-2007, 08:44 AM
Ooh, both songs are fapalicious.

I know 'The quiet things that blahblahblah' from NHL game.

bouncingcoles
12-10-2007, 05:54 PM
i saw them play last night. i think the only good album is the most recent one. the rest are shit

Corpse
12-11-2007, 12:35 PM
i dunno why they were headlining GIAN there were so many better bands that night and lots of my mates hadn't actually ever heard of them

Agree with this.
New Found Glory would have been a lot better to be honest.

XYlophonetreeZ
12-12-2007, 02:27 PM
By the way, the same question applies to Death Cab for Cutie with respect to "We Looked Like Giants." Why the fuck is that song so amazingly orgasmic yet the rest of their stuff is so fucking BLAND?

irishpunkrockgirl
12-13-2007, 02:53 PM
I beg to disagree.

When I saw them at GIAN, he asked the crowd not to move around...

Oh..that sucks then! I saw them in Dublin and most people were moving about quite a lot.

All About Eve
12-13-2007, 06:06 PM
By the way, the same question applies to Death Cab for Cutie with respect to "We Looked Like Giants." Why the fuck is that song so amazingly orgasmic yet the rest of their stuff is so fucking BLAND?
Because it's fuckin' Death Cab for Cutie :|