PDA

View Full Version : Gang of Four

SicN Twisted
10-24-2004, 12:44 PM
Is much better then every single other band mentioned here.

Kayleigh
10-24-2004, 12:50 PM
I bought one of their albums. I can't remember what it was called, but I have never listened to it all the way through. I like the songs when I hear just one, but they get on my nerves in an album.

I have to listen to it in instalments!

Little_Miss_1565
10-24-2004, 02:58 PM
Is much better then every single other band mentioned here.

Agreed!

Also, most every band gaining popularity today is just trying to be Gang of Four.

BREAK
10-30-2004, 08:05 AM
MOB >>>>>>>>>>> GO4

You know it's true, man.

Little_Miss_1565
10-30-2004, 09:32 AM
Even though Boston has adopted me....I'm not entirely sure I can agree with that statement, Break.

BREAK
10-30-2004, 10:04 AM
Even though Boston has adopted me....I'm not entirely sure I can agree with that statement, Break.

Come on, the Gang only put out ONE good album! ONE! And yeah, sure, it was a GREAT album...but it doesn't excuse all the boring disco crap they proceeded to spew forth for the remainder of their career.

Everything Burma ever dropped has been golden. How many other bands can you think of that have broken up, not played together for 22 years, then reformed & were still EVERY bit as good as they were in their prime?

wheelchairman
10-30-2004, 10:12 AM
There will be only one Gang of Four for me. And they weren't a band.

Little_Miss_1565
10-30-2004, 11:18 AM
Come on, the Gang only put out ONE good album! ONE! And yeah, sure, it was a GREAT album...but it doesn't excuse all the boring disco crap they proceeded to spew forth for the remainder of their career.

Everything Burma ever dropped has been golden. How many other bands can you think of that have broken up, not played together for 22 years, then reformed & were still EVERY bit as good as they were in their prime?

True, true. But does MOB make you wanna shake it all around until you drop every time you hear them?

SicN Twisted
10-30-2004, 04:41 PM
I happened to love every Gang of Four album equally. They're filled with down to earth, funk energy which makes it impossible not to dance to them, mixed in with complex, deep seated sociopolitical messages.

MOB is okay, but I always found them to be a bit bland. They do give Boston a better name them Dream Theatre, though.