PDA

View Full Version : New R.E.M. album.

Jakebert
12-30-2007, 11:15 AM
Alright, other 3 R.E.M. fans that post on the BBS, there's a release date/title/track listing being reported by various places. The title is being reported as "Accelerate" and the release date is April 1st. Track listing:

Living Well Is The Best Revenge
Man Sized Wreath
Supernatural Superserious
Hollow Man
Houston
Accelerate
Mr Richards
Until The Day Is Done
Horse To Water
Sing For The Submarine
I'm Gonna DJ

I don't like that "I'm Gonna DJ" made the track listing, but oh well, it's the last track on the album so it's not too bad. Also, there's a lot of speculation that the title and release date may be wrong. Stipe said the April 1st thing himself, but it's hard to know if he's fucking with the press or not. The tracklisting, however, has been confirmed by www.virginradio.com, who heard the album.

Jakebert
04-02-2008, 09:08 AM
Bump.

I don't know if anyone has got it yet, but holy hell, it's good. Also the amount of press on this album is amazing. It's the most press I've seen for an R.E.M. album since I've become a fan.

XYlophonetreeZ
04-02-2008, 09:52 AM
Yeah, I like it a lot. I'm not a huge fan of I'm Gonna DJ or Mr. Richards, but otherwise there's really not a bad song on it. I guess it's maybe a little too "safe" of an album though. My biggest problem with the album is that with the exception of "Hollow Man," once you've heard half of a song, you've heard the whole song. They're just a little predictable once you get into them. Still though, who am I to complain. They sound great on this album even if Stipe's voice sounds a little weird sometimes. It's got more hooks than their last 3 albums combined. I love Up and Reveal, and respect the hell out of them for doing their own thing on those albums, and even respect them for trying on Around the Sun. But an album like this was overdue.

My favorites after one listen are "Living Well is the Best Revenge," "Hollow Man," and "Accelerate."

Jakebert
04-02-2008, 09:59 AM
The songs are pretty simple, but I think that's a lot of the point. They tried to make them concise and quick since on the last 3 albums a lot of the songs dragged on longer than they should have. One of the biggest problems I had with Up and Reveal (while I do enjoy both of them) is that some of the songs went on way too long. "She Just Wants To Be", for example, goes on for at lease 1:30 of them repeating the same 2 lines over and over again.

I'm Gonna DJ is still weak, but the studio version is better than the live versions I've heard. It doesn't sound as sloppy.

BREAK
04-02-2008, 10:54 AM
So, liek upload it sum1 plz?

Cock Joke
04-02-2008, 01:24 PM
Supernatural whatever is on my ipod. It is a great, great song!

Sidewinder
04-02-2008, 01:30 PM
I fucking want this CD so bad, but I have no goddamn money. Urgggggh.

XYlophonetreeZ
04-03-2008, 10:45 AM
Stipe has said that "Hollow Man" will be the second single. I'm happy, since that's currently my favorite song on the album.

Jakebert
04-03-2008, 02:59 PM
I honestly can't pick a favorite. I like every song on it.

R.E.M. was on Colbert last night. It was pretty good, and they played "Supernatural Superserious".

Sidewinder
04-04-2008, 11:57 PM
I honestly can't pick a favorite. I like every song on it.

I agree fully with this statement. Holy shit this album is so good.

On a side note, I recently downloaded a package of REM albums until I can afford to buy some. Murmur is really, really good. I listened to it a few times straight through. I bought a vinyl version for really cheap when I went to Athens a weak or two ago, too.

Jackson08
04-05-2008, 12:45 AM
Supernatural Superserious is awesome and is the only track I've heard thusfar... but intend to buy the album when I get the money. Rave reviews though, they deserve em