PDA

View Full Version : Vote for Splinter!

NIX-on-the-MAN
01-05-2005, 08:00 AM
So many people ever love it or hate it. So we're going to find out who the majority is.

intothevalleyofdeath
01-05-2005, 08:00 AM
wheres the poll???

NIX-on-the-MAN
01-05-2005, 08:02 AM
its up now

Obie2trice
01-05-2005, 08:10 AM
I like it!

Kathy
01-05-2005, 08:31 AM
Me too.. :p

intothevalleyofdeath
01-05-2005, 08:31 AM
<----indiff

GBH2
01-05-2005, 08:47 AM
what's not to like...
...other than worst hangover ever

intothevalleyofdeath
01-05-2005, 08:48 AM
i dunno...i was expecting more

Russian
01-05-2005, 08:54 AM
I don't think the Splinter is good enough.

There are a lot of pop shit there.
Worst hangover ever, Spare me the details etc...
WAKE UP GUYS!!! Where those 4 punks, who once put the world to their knees with AMERICANA!
Where has the man, who wrote ELDERS gone?
What are they singing now? Guys.... You have sold yourself out.

p.s. Thanks for DA HUI. One real punk song. :(

Fernômeno
01-05-2005, 09:27 AM

WAKE UP GUYS!!! Where those 4 punks, who once put the world to their knees with AMERICANA!

The Noose, Long Way Home, Race Agaisnt Myself, Lightening Rod....four of the best songs they ever created, real punk songs like Da Hui, you can't say this album is not good enought with this songs on it.

Obie2trice
01-05-2005, 09:37 AM

That man who wrote Elders is now 16 years older. Shut up with your `offspring sold out` bullshit bitch!

mrconeman
01-05-2005, 10:02 AM
I dunno what all the crap about splinter is about, its a good album, had they made an album with nothing bust fast punk on it , trust me it would have gotten boring VERY fast and they needed a song like hit that to get attention to the album as they dont really do much interveiws or commercailism, unfortunatly the world seems to like popy'ish songs and if your gunna release a song these days its simpily gotta be world friendly no matter how good your album is its not getting anywere without a well received single

the world isnt in the same place it was in when smash or Ixnay were released neverminnd S/T and Ignition, they cant make albums like that coz then the complainers would go on about offspring repeating themselvs, and because the commercail market would reject it and the album would flop

so everyone whos complaining kindly shut the fuck up! :mad:

Fernômeno
01-05-2005, 10:04 AM
I agree, and one more thing, the only thing wrong with splinter is that it is a very short album I think, and if splinter were longer that it is, it will probably be theier best album...

Obie2trice
01-05-2005, 10:10 AM
I agree, and one more thing, the only thing wrong with splinter is that it is a very short album I think, and if splinter were longer that it is, it will probably be theier best album...

nah, they could put another song it what sucks, so then it will ruin the overall quality of the album :) Short but very good

mrconeman
01-05-2005, 10:11 AM
Short and sweet :)

Noodles is gay
01-05-2005, 10:17 AM
Well i voted like it because although it is perhaps one of their worst albums it is still the offspring and there is some decent songs on there.

Chrijs
01-05-2005, 11:03 AM
i like all the splinter songs, except When You're In Prision.

Venezuelan_Nightmare
01-05-2005, 11:24 AM
i like it the new kind to work into the music are really cool, songs like the worst hangover ever and spear me the details are songs with new music you know... not from old disc...xD

Fernômeno
01-05-2005, 12:17 PM
You are right, the size doesnt't matter, what matters is the pleasure that it brings :)

NIX-on-the-MAN
01-05-2005, 05:16 PM
The way I see it is that they change there sound slightly ever 2 albums. S/T and Ignition sound alike, same goes for Smash and Ixnay. But for the last 3 albums, you can notice that they all fallow a pattern. There is an opening track (Welcome, Intro, Neocon), a song that gets you pumped up for the rest of the CD (Have You Ever, Come Out Swinging, The Noose), a kind of poppie sounding song that is always the first single for the new album (Pretty Fly, Original Prankster, Hit That) and a up-beat funny song (Walla Walla, One Fine Day, The Worst Hangover Ever). As for my opinion for Splinter in general, I like ever song on it exept When Your in Prison, I didn't think that was a good song to go out on.

Floyd the Barber
01-05-2005, 05:34 PM
Splinter is a great album.

Fernômeno
01-05-2005, 05:49 PM
Yeah, When You are in prision was a kind of mistake, they could have done another serious song or something like a version of Defy You live or something rare like that, or Tottaly Imortal live to...