PDA

View Full Version : So I stopped...

HeadAroundU
01-05-2008, 08:21 AM
...talking Slovak in Slovakia thread. I'm not an isolationist like these Mexicans in Foro en catellano thread or these frog-eaters in Peace and hang thread. I'm not like them.

I hate them just like Switzerland and Norway for not joining EU and United Kingdom with Ireland for not fully opening Schengen zone.

Camel Filters
01-05-2008, 08:43 AM
I fuckin hate this thread.

HeadAroundU
01-05-2008, 08:46 AM
I fucking hate you for having a learning disability.

JohnnyNemesis
01-05-2008, 09:26 AM
Mmm, delicious win.

holland25
01-05-2008, 01:45 PM
I hate them just like Switzerland and Norway for not joining EU and United Kingdom with Ireland for not fully opening Schengen zone.

What's so wrong about not joining EU? I will say that it should be a mistake even for us that we joined EU... The prizes will go higher and higher and a common Slovak guy won't be able to even buy cigarettes (yeah, that's the thing that annoys me the most...)

Llamas
01-05-2008, 01:52 PM
What's so wrong about not joining EU? I will say that it should be a mistake even for us that we joined EU... The prizes will go higher and higher and a common Slovak guy won't be able to even buy cigarettes (yeah, that's the thing that annoys me the most...)

...and as prices of things grow, so do wages. If you have a job, you'll start making more money. Do you really think the prices will go up so that nobody can afford anything? You should probably do a little research about countries that have previously joined the EU before you get annoyed.

Tizzalicious
01-05-2008, 01:58 PM
...and as prices of things grow, so do wages. If you have a job, you'll start making more money. Do you really think the prices will go up so that nobody can afford anything? You should probably do a little research about countries that have previously joined the EU before you get annoyed.

Err. Yes. Not to the point where people won't be able to afford anything, but I can assure you, prices in Holland have gone up a lot more than the wages have over the last few years.

the_GoDdEsS
01-05-2008, 02:00 PM
...and as prices of things grow, so do wages.

Sadly, absolutely wrong for this country. You can't assume that it happens everywhere. Our prices have been shooting up already and wages are pretty much the same.

Also, no way in the world you can compare countries that have previously joined the EU with Eastern European post-communist countries. Jeez.

Bazza
01-05-2008, 02:07 PM
If Slovakia becomes expensive then I'll have no reason to revisit the country :(

the_GoDdEsS
01-05-2008, 02:09 PM
If Slovakia becomes expensive then I'll have no reason to revisit the country :(

You still have this year though. We're getting the euro in 2009. It's when the shit starts. :( Like in Slovenia.

Llamas
01-05-2008, 02:24 PM
See, that's what I was actually referring to: Slovenia. When I went there, everyone was saying how their wages went up and they were glad to be on the Euro and be in the EU.

the_GoDdEsS
01-06-2008, 04:04 AM
I meant the exact opposite. I was told by Slovenians that everything (including food) is about three times more expensive and that there wasn't such big increase in wages. And apparently the common folk is struggling. Of course it's not based on facts, but rather on the views of some people. It's possible that it all depends on the territory and maybe we just spoke to different kinds of people. Might be true that it's good for Ljubljana though.

Well, whatever it is I don't think our people are ready for the euro and over half of the population has a highly negative view of it. The only place where the wages have gone up is in the region around the capital city and of course, the businesses. What I see happening is the middle class falling deeper into lower class and the rich getting richer (and thus boosting the "average wage", which is a ridiculous concept).

holland25
01-06-2008, 04:14 AM
The only place where the wages have gone up is in the region around the capital city and of course, the businesses.

No, they didn't... I live in Trnava, which is very close to Bratislava, and the wages are still the same... Though the prizes haven't drastically rise yet, but they will. It's not normal that bread costs 40 Sk now...

the_GoDdEsS
01-06-2008, 04:17 AM
It's not normal that bread costs 40 Sk now...

Then maybe it's just Bratislava itself mainly because of better job opportunities. And prices of bread and milk are kinda starting to be ungodly.

wheelchairman
01-06-2008, 05:01 AM
Haha holy shit. It's so weird that the Eastern countries are now getting the Euro before Denmark.

Thank God.

And Brianna it's natural that prices rise more than wages. Think if you owned a store and were converting prices, naturally you would round up (you might even add a little on top of that). Now if you were an employer and you were converting wages, you would naturally set a lower number than an exact conversion. So not only do prices go up, but wages will most likely go down.

And that's why I am glad that Denmark has not integrated the Euro.

the_GoDdEsS
01-07-2008, 10:05 AM
Coincidentally I just read an article about euro in Slovenia today in our news. Here's an English version:

Slovenia blames inflation surge on euro:
http://www.eubusiness.com/news-eu/1199712736.43

They also mentioned exactly what Per said. Rounding up prices. Which is like, duh.

Haha holy shit. It's so weird that the Eastern countries are now getting the Euro before Denmark.

Is it true you might get a referendum? I wish we did.

HeadAroundU
01-07-2008, 01:26 PM
What's so wrong about not joining EU? I will say that it should be a mistake even for us that we joined EU...

The prizes will go higher and higher and a common Slovak guy won't be able to even buy cigarettes (yeah, that's the thing that annoys me the most...)
Well, I don't really hate them. It's cool to hate. ;) Whatever, I don't understand why they haven't joined EU yet.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norway_and_the_European_Union#Arguments

Hopefully, our beloved prime minister Robert Fico (social democracy) will take care of people and will punish money greedy traders and corporations. :p

If UK won't fully open Schengen then I'll have no reason to visit the country. :p

You still have this year though.
No, he doesn't. Our prices have been shooting up already. :D

I was told by Slovenians that everything (including food) is about three times more expensive and that there wasn't such big increase in wages.

Well, whatever it is I don't think our people are ready for the euro and over half of the population has a highly negative view of it.
Oh my gosh, Fico almighty save us. :(

My mum didn't even know that Euro has cents. She is quite scared.

It's not normal that bread costs 40 Sk now...
http://www.bleskovky.sk/cl/7/194632/Ake-su-ceny-dnes-Budu-do-konca-roka-vyssie-
POTRAVINY BRATISLAVA B. BYSTRICA KOŠICE
Pšenično-ražný chlieb, 900 g 24,90 Sk 26,90 Sk 26,90 Sk

Holy shit, what kind of bread do you buy?

the_GoDdEsS
01-07-2008, 02:04 PM
Almighty Fico will save us by introducing government media like the almighty Mr. President babbled today. Lulz, back to the 80s?

So when are they introducing the double price tags (SKK/EUR)? I was told it was supposed to be in 2008 to help us get used to the conversions. Not knowing cents is a winz though.

Have you read about the fingerprints on passports in 2009?

wheelchairman
01-07-2008, 02:11 PM
Is it true you might get a referendum? I wish we did.

We've heard nothing about it. Right now there is a parliamentary majority saying that they won't give us a referendum. But that might change. God I hope it does. It's just, you know, they have this idea that we'll vote no.

Don't screw with our perfect economy!

Andy
01-07-2008, 02:27 PM
stop. take some time to think. figure out why switzerland isn't in the eu is not so bad, either for them or us euros.

I feel this comment has been wrongfully overlooked.

Bazza
01-07-2008, 03:01 PM
If UK won't fully open Schengen then I'll have no reason to visit the country. :p
As long as the UK remains an island, we'll never fully open our borders! Anyway I don't think you'd want to come to the UK, it's quite a dissapointment! Whereas Slovakia was a highlight in my travels (not just because of the super cheap prices!).

mrconeman
01-07-2008, 03:05 PM
Posting to shower praise upon Bazza's avatar choice.

the_GoDdEsS
01-07-2008, 03:10 PM
As long as the UK remains an island, we'll never fully open our borders!

The Polish are quite successful at colonising it though.

Bazza
01-07-2008, 03:14 PM
Posting to shower praise upon Bazza's avatar choice.
Why thank you :)

That is very true, very true indeed. Infact in our supermarkets we now have special Polish sections. However we have ammended early errors of allowing unlimited numbers to come in by having limits to the number of immigrants from new EU states. Whether this is the right thing to do or not is something that has caused a small amount of debate :rolleyes:

the_GoDdEsS
01-07-2008, 03:18 PM
Infact in our supermarkets we now have special Polish sections.

Baha, like sections where Polish goods are sold or something like that? I hear the Polish (and partly some Slovaks too) double the population of some towns there. Sounds a bit too insane or maybe I just can't imagine it.

Putting limitations on immigrants? Gasp, how racist.

We've heard nothing about it. Right now there is a parliamentary majority saying that they won't give us a referendum. But that might change. God I hope it does. It's just, you know, they have this idea that we'll vote no.

Don't screw with our perfect economy!

I only noticed a referendum was mentioned on the Wiki eurozone article but haven't actually looked into it. I think if we had a referendum now, it might not pass because the number of sceptical people keeps increasing.

Bazza
01-07-2008, 03:25 PM
Yeah there's jars of pickled cabage and betroot etc. It creates some confusion with elderly people since they go to that section looking for shoe polish... It's true about the population thing, Peterborough (near me) has a strong Polish contingent, then again we have a place called Bedford that is full of Italians!

And yes the majority of the British can quite possibly be stereotyped as xenophobes/(racists). And it seems like we also want all the benefits of the EU whilst not giving anything back, really quite unfair isn't it!

the_GoDdEsS
01-07-2008, 03:32 PM
Heh, shoe polish. But hey, pickled cabbage and beetroot are so traditional from these regions. And awesome, in any case.

I only know from reading stories about Britishers or hearing from people who visited. I didn't know about it before, I mean Western Europe seems kinda more tolerant of foreigners (even if it's just superficial). Last year there was a case of a Slovak woman who beat up a Britkid for bullying her children. And also some Polish teeniegirl got so bullied by British girls for being pretty she had to go back to Poland and get counselling. Immigrants aren't saints either but in these cases it's mean.

HeadAroundU
01-07-2008, 03:46 PM
Slovenia blames inflation surge on euro:
http://www.eubusiness.com/news-eu/1199712736.43
That title is misleading. He said that it had contributed to a surge in inflation.

5.7 - 3 = 2.7 , they say 0.6 because of euro, 2.7 - 0.6 = 2.1

So 2.1 because of food and oil prices, and Slovenia's poor economic competitiveness.

Almighty Fico will save us by introducing government media like the almighty Mr. President babbled today. Lulz, back to the 80s?

So when are they introducing the double price tags (SKK/EUR)? I was told it was supposed to be in 2008 to help us get used to the conversions. Not knowing cents is a winz though.

Have you read about the fingerprints on passports in 2009?
Haha. I didn't expect it from Gasparovic. Well, if they created some private FICO TV or SMER TV, fine, I dun care. But turning JEDNOTKA into some biased shit...

June/July 2008. I think that we will get an exchange rate conversion in May.

No.

Bazza
01-07-2008, 04:09 PM
Heh, shoe polish. But hey, pickled cabbage and beetroot are so traditional from these regions. And awesome, in any case.

I only know from reading stories about Britishers or hearing from people who visited. I didn't know about it before, I mean Western Europe seems kinda more tolerant of foreigners (even if it's just superficial). Last year there was a case of a Slovak woman who beat up a Britkid for bullying her children. And also some Polish teeniegirl got so bullied by British girls for being pretty she had to go back to Poland and get counselling. Immigrants aren't saints either but in these cases it's mean.

I'm not too sure about the pickled stuff, but there's stuff tasty looking sesame seed bars (the brand is Aha) and cherry centered chocolates!

I think on the tolerance of foreigners subject the British population has a fairly even divide(ish). From my experiences there are many older people/ignorant people who just see immigrants as stealing our jobs and taking our benefits. When in fact the majority of immigrants work very hard and pay taxes etc. That sucks about the Polish girl, I bet the British girls were really just jealous because eastern european chicks are in general far more attractive than Brit chicks (most people can appreciate the beauty of a mysterious foreigner). I think/hope in a couple of decades time we'll be far more accepting of other nationalities.

the_GoDdEsS
01-07-2008, 11:56 PM
Yeah. And they apparently had some inflation before they started using euro as well.

Haha. I didn't expect it from Gasparovic. Well, if they created some private FICO TV or SMER TV, fine, I dun care. But turning JEDNOTKA into some biased shit...

I didn't expect it from him either. They can create all they want as long as the party pays for it, not the people. I'm not going to pay for listening to some totalitarian crap again. (Something like this uvedomelý občan (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBiv38KtztM).) Although it could be entertaning. And pffft, not having enough space for presenting their ideas? Then what are all these political discussions and shows about? Jednotka already was Mečiar's channel in the past. And hands off Dvojka, that's a good channel.

I think on the tolerance of foreigners subject the British population has a fairly even divide(ish). From my experiences there are many older people/ignorant people who just see immigrants as stealing our jobs and taking our benefits. When in fact the majority of immigrants work very hard and pay taxes etc.

I think you find these views (or people) pretty much everywhere, more or less. For example here we treat foreigners with respect but only as long as they treat us and our country with respect as well. Still, we have considerably much less immigrants than for example Britain.

HeadAroundU
01-08-2008, 12:53 PM
Lulz.

I didn't expect it from him either. They can create all they want as long as the party pays for it, not the people. I'm not going to pay for listening to some totalitarian crap again.

(Something like this uvedomelý občan (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBiv38KtztM).) Although it could be entertaning.

And pffft, not having enough space for presenting their ideas? Then what are all these political discussions and shows about? Jednotka already was Mečiar's channel in the past. And hands off Dvojka, that's a good channel.
Yep.

hehe, class-conscious citizen HAU won't work at petrol station. He went to Electrotechnical university to be an engineer, to face a promising future. He yielded the job at petrol station to the_GoDdEsS. :d

Yup. The first thing I thought about, when thinking about their potentional private TV, was teleshoping. There's no way there wouldn't be teleshoping. Orbitrek and shit. :D I watched about universe yesterday on Dvojka. <3 And today, 'Winter Images', it was about how our people lived. Traditions, what they were doing in winter and stuff like that. I was surprised that I liked it. We will have Trojka, sport channel.

the_GoDdEsS
01-08-2008, 12:59 PM
I watched about universe yesterday on Dvojka. <3 And today, 'Winter Images', it was about how our people lived. Traditions, what they were doing in winter and stuff like that. I was surprised that I liked it.

Oh gah, that's me not following what's on and then missing out on the stuff I'm interested in. I've only read about old pagan winter traditions.

Is that Trojka thing confirmed actually?

holland25
01-08-2008, 01:19 PM
POTRAVINY BRATISLAVA B. BYSTRICA KOŠICE
Pšenično-ražný chlieb, 900 g 24,90 Sk 26,90 Sk 26,90 Sk

Holy shit, what kind of bread do you buy?

Hviezdičkový (Pšenično-ražný) costs 40 Sk in Trnava, in Kaufland, distributed by Takáč & Syn (Trnavské pekárne)

HeadAroundU
01-08-2008, 02:29 PM
hehe, now I'm going to ask my mum why don't we buy a one star bread. :rolleyes: Who are you? Noble prince from Trnava district? :D

holland25
01-09-2008, 05:56 AM
hehe, now I'm going to ask my mum why don't we buy a one star bread. :rolleyes: Who are you? Noble prince from Trnava district? :D

It's just called hviezdičkový, it's not some kind of special bread...

ruroken
01-09-2008, 10:43 AM
I fucking hate you for having a learning disability.
Fucking beautiful.