PDA

View Full Version : how much does you think this weights?

Endymion
01-06-2008, 11:05 AM
does this look like 0.5 kg to you?
http://www.abovetheorangetrees.com/journal/archives/nails.jpg

Vera
01-06-2008, 11:10 AM
That is so gross I'm almost taking you off my "people to lose virginity to" list.

Andy
01-06-2008, 12:02 PM
I take it you're compensating for the weight of the jar. 500g of nail cuttings? I'd have thought it'd be much more than that.

Little_Miss_1565
01-06-2008, 12:10 PM
the contents of my stomach easily outweigh .5 kg. and that is exactly what has left my body.

Harnum
01-06-2008, 12:15 PM
Oh, Jojan makes me sickkkk =[

Unless this was you.. (I hopez not)

Either way.. *barf*

T-6005
01-06-2008, 12:26 PM
I hope you're not all actually grossed out by fingernails. That's just weak.

Tizzalicious
01-06-2008, 12:26 PM
That's so incredibly gross. Urgh.

It's actually strange that nails are so normal on hands and toes (well, sometimes not toes), but once they are cut they are disgusting. That doesn't really make much sense.

Camel Filters
01-06-2008, 12:34 PM
All you people have a weak stomache. That is not gross. Hell, I'd eat that for my supper if I really wanted to.

Andy
01-06-2008, 12:37 PM
Is it just me, or do they look really long? Like, his fingers should be something two inches wide or something. Unless, of course, they're just cuttings from thumbs and big toes but why do that? That's just weird.

Llamas
01-06-2008, 12:46 PM
It might be a smaller jar than it seems like.

And I don't get what's so gross. I mean, collecting one's nails is definitely a weird practice that I don't understand, but gut wrenching gross? What is so gross about fingernails? If someone cut off a bunch of hair and stuck it in a jar, would everyone be just as disgusted?

Andy
01-06-2008, 12:50 PM
Depends on what kind of hair, I guess.

wheelchairman
01-06-2008, 12:51 PM
I think they're toe nails.

Tizzalicious
01-06-2008, 12:57 PM
I think they are too.

Harnum
01-06-2008, 01:15 PM
I think the whole gross thing comes from the fact that some feet are terribly dirty. Hands too for that matter. All the dirt and shit up in under them and when they're cut, they just sit there.. dirt infested.

Those nails though, don't look too dirty.

Andy
01-06-2008, 01:24 PM
Don't they say that the average bacterial population found under a fingernail is approximately as much - even more - than found under a toilet seat? Some guff about most toilets being cleaned more regularly than the underside of an average person's fingernails.

Harnum
01-06-2008, 01:26 PM
Don't they say that the average bacterial population found under a fingernail is approximately as much - even more - than found under a toilet seat? Some guff about most toilets being cleaned more regularly than the underside of an average person's fingernails.
See that's where the 'gross' comes from, although I doubt most people clean their toilets more than their hands.

Andy
01-06-2008, 01:30 PM
Hands is one thing, but how many poeople scrub under their fingernails when they clean their hands? Also, you'd be suprised at how many people don't know how to properly clean their hands. It's all well and good rubbing them together but you need to spend a good thirty seconds getting properly stuck in there; As anyone on this board who works in healthcare, or food preparation will agree.

Harnum
01-06-2008, 02:15 PM
you need to spend a good thirty seconds getting properly stuck in there.

Guilty. I like to make dem handz cleen.

Endymion
01-06-2008, 03:07 PM
ps: in the original thread, jojan said his pile weight 0.5kg.

JohnnyNemesis
01-06-2008, 06:48 PM
And all this time, with the Jojan thread and everything I was thinking of like, metal hammer & nail type nails.

Fucking hell.

Harnum
01-06-2008, 07:01 PM
lolol, prnk on u.

But seriously, like housing nails? Wow.

Sham
01-06-2008, 07:36 PM
I think it is incredibly upchuckable.

Sunny
01-06-2008, 09:43 PM
omg, that's fucking disgusting.

see, prior to opening this thread i thought "what if this is related to the pile of nails thing, ewww". then i thought "no way, this is ENDY, he wouldn't do that".

ya.
h8 u.

JohnnyNemesis
01-06-2008, 09:48 PM
then i thought "no way, this is ENDY, he wouldn't do that".

Um. Wait a sec. Excuse me, lovely friend o'mine?

This is the guy who had Jojan's boob as his avatar for awhile!!!

Sunny
01-06-2008, 09:53 PM
hm. you might have a point there!

i kinda expected some crazy awesome physics thing.

sunnies iz retard ;[

Llamas
01-06-2008, 10:10 PM
And all this time, with the Jojan thread and everything I was thinking of like, metal hammer & nail type nails.

Fucking hell.

I call shenanigans.

Am I the only one who never thought of nails as a body part when Jojan created this?

You realized he meant the body part by that post. Liar!

I researched the thread just cause I didn't remember it and wanted to see if I was around for it. I apparently was. And must have just never opened it. I don't really regret that.

JohnnyNemesis
01-06-2008, 10:14 PM
hm. you might have a point there!

Not to mention Endy's love of horses destroying humans with humongous penises and stuff like that.

You aint no retard though, you just had a brainfart is all :P

And holy fuck, 10 points to Brianna for the quick research (ur as awesome as u r pathetic lolamirite?). I guess I forgot about that realization, which only makes me even sadder now.

Endymion
01-06-2008, 10:20 PM
when someone said jojan would be upset that sam had the big boob award, i remembered that thread and looked it up. and then, for the fuck of it, i google image searched "toenail clippings" and in the first row of images was that photo. i don't know what sick fuck keeps his/her nail clippings in a jar, but they need some serious swedish help.

Meg
01-07-2008, 04:43 AM
Hands is one thing, but how many poeople scrub under their fingernails when they clean their hands? Also, you'd be suprised at how many people don't know how to properly clean their hands. It's all well and good rubbing them together but you need to spend a good thirty seconds getting properly stuck in there; As anyone on this board who works in healthcare, or food preparation will agree.

I have a weird habit of sitting around picking at my nails [which you well know and hate] when i'm bored or uncomfortable with a situation. For that reason, my nails are usually very clean indeed *proud* =]