PDA

View Full Version : Which cereal produces the best tasting milk?

Jakebert
01-09-2008, 02:59 PM
Like a lot of people, my favorite aspect of eating cereal is possibly the flavored milk that gets left in the bowl after the cereal is gone. If you're like me, you're probably partial to certain types of cereal when it comes to this milk taste. Which kind of cereal produces the best tasting milk?

My favorite would have to be Cinnamon Toast Crunch, but most honey-flavored cereals are high up on my list as well. I've never been a big fan of the milk chocolate cereals make, yet I love chocolate milk.

Harnum
01-09-2008, 03:03 PM
Froot Loops always makes a very sweet tasting milk and I always love it. The same is with Corn Pops or French Toast Crunch but the best, as you said, has to be Cinnamon Toast Crunch! <3

Sham
01-09-2008, 03:04 PM
I would definately say Fruity Pebbles, because getting all of the little "pebbles" is impossible, and when you drink the milk you get the rest of them.

Nicole
01-09-2008, 03:04 PM
I'm in so long as it's disgustingly sugary at the end, even if the cereal itself is okay.

Have to be careful not to have it around all the time because I'll substitute it for breakfast, lunch or dinner, or anything in between. Such good food.

0r4ng3
01-09-2008, 03:13 PM
Add one more vote for Cinnamon Toast Crunch. I immediately thought of that cereal when I saw the thread title.

Dead Kennedy
01-09-2008, 03:13 PM
I don't eat cereals, I eat children.:D :D
I'm joking, I like Count Chokula with cow milk.
And when I'm eating normal cereals, I like to put bananas and honey.

wheelchairman
01-09-2008, 03:22 PM
I never liked milk on my cereal. I didn't like the idea that if I ate too slowly it would make my cereal soggy. God I was a lazy kid, even at breakfast.

Harnum
01-09-2008, 03:29 PM
So would you put anything on there instead? or just not eat it?

T-6005
01-09-2008, 03:29 PM
Cocoa Puffs are fantastic.

Lucky Charms, too, as long as there's not too much milk left.

Rag Doll
01-09-2008, 03:37 PM
lucky charms and cinnamon toast crunch.

and then stuff like "boo berry" and the other halloween cereals they release. mhm.

Jakebert
01-09-2008, 03:40 PM
I never really cared for Lucky Charms' milk. I never really thought it changed the taste of the milk.

But I do love Lucky Charms with chocolate milk.

0r4ng3
01-09-2008, 03:41 PM
From personal experience I find that Lucky Charms is better without milk.

killer_queen
01-09-2008, 03:49 PM
Froot Loops always makes a very sweet tasting milk and I always love it.
If froot loops are those colorful, disgusting looking things I agree. I used to eat it when I was small but now I can't find it in stores. I also liked Coco Pops and I swear, other chocolate stuff don't give the same taste to the milk. It was great. I can't find it in stores either.

Rag Doll
01-09-2008, 04:09 PM
oh, and cap'n crunch with crunch berries. i dunno how i could forget that.

Mr. Gepetto
01-09-2008, 04:15 PM
I'm suprised Apple Jacks hasn't come up. 'Tis simply divine.
I love it no matter what ceral was in it before, though Apple Jacks has always been my favorite.
Also Waffle Crisp, or I guess what is now Eggo cereal.

Harnum
01-09-2008, 05:01 PM
If froot loops are those colorful, disgusting looking things I agree. I used to eat it when I was small but now I can't find it in stores. I also liked Coco Pops and I swear, other chocolate stuff don't give the same taste to the milk. It was great. I can't find it in stores either.
Froot Loops are these things!

http://www.texascooking.com/gif/new/fruit_loops1.jpg

http://www.wineloverspage.com/graphics1/frootloops.jpg

Oh, the sugary goodness!

.. and as you said, Coco Pops are insane! I loved those and I also can't find them, so I go for Nesquik cereal. Mmmm, chocolate!

coke_a_holic
01-09-2008, 05:13 PM
I never liked milk on my cereal. I didn't like the idea that if I ate too slowly it would make my cereal soggy. God I was a lazy kid, even at breakfast.
This this this this this this this this.

Cereal tastes better in handfuls.

Harnum
01-09-2008, 05:42 PM
I like the taste of cereal in handfuls sometimes. Whenever I'm too lazy to actually get breakfast, I get a handful of cereal and when I was young and we'd run out of milk, I'd get a bowl full of dry cereal. It was like a snack food.

opivy21
01-09-2008, 06:07 PM
I usually don't drink my leftover milk. Sweet milk is nasty to me.

Then again, I'm a pretty boring cereal eater. Mostly frosted mini wheats and oatmeal cluster stuff.

Sidewinder
01-09-2008, 06:14 PM
Honey Nut Cheerios is the pinnacle in amazing tasting leftover milk. Cinnamon Toast Crunch is a runner-up, though far behind.

Harnum
01-09-2008, 06:17 PM
I'm not really sure if I like Honey Nut Cheerios. I had them a looong time ago and I was unsure of it. Maybe I will grow to like then if I try them again.

GreenTerror
01-09-2008, 06:26 PM
Honey Nut Cheerios always make my tummy hurt :(

Mota Boy
01-09-2008, 09:34 PM
I try and pour just enough milk that there's none left over.

Nicole
01-09-2008, 09:40 PM
Froot Loops are these things!

http://www.texascooking.com/gif/new/fruit_loops1.jpg

http://www.wineloverspage.com/graphics1/frootloops.jpg

Oh, the sugary goodness!

I used to LOVE those as a kid. If i ever buy them these days I just eat them straight out the box, they're too damn sweet as an actual cereal.

Mota Boy
01-09-2008, 10:09 PM
Never was really a huge fan of Froot Loops. Too neon for me... and "Froot"?

The best cereals were - Cap'n Crunch, Corn Pops, Cinammon Toast Crunch and Cocoa Crispies.

This day and age, I'm much more of a granola/yoghurt/fruit fan if I can find it.

XYlophonetreeZ
01-09-2008, 10:23 PM
Peanut butter cap'n crunch and cinnamon toast crunch for me. Also the best cereal ever was rice krispies treats.

calichix
01-09-2008, 11:31 PM
this is so fucking cute.

Betty
01-10-2008, 01:42 AM
I totally went through a Cinnamon Toast Crunch phase. A long one. And that's what I immediately thought when I read the title so I was glad with the results.

Then I got hooked on Multigrain Cheerios, Oatmeal Crisp (Almond), and Corn Bran Squares.

Now I'm off cereal though. Too unhealthy. BUT, I'm gonna make homemade granola soon and I'm pumped.

GreenTerror
01-10-2008, 01:53 AM
Peanut butter cap'n crunch and cinnamon toast crunch for me. Also the best cereal ever was rice krispies treats.

Peanut Butter cap'n Crunch is good, but Reese's is the best Peanut Butter (+chocolate) cereal ever. Plain chocolate cereals don't really appeal to me much. They all taste either bland, or horribly over-chocolatey. I can't take it.

Tizzalicious
01-10-2008, 02:12 AM
We don't have as many different flavours here, but I remember liking Cocopops best when I was little, because I hated (and still do) the taste of milk, and cocopops fixed that problem for me.

Now I just add sweetener to all cereal I eat, so it won't taste like milk. I suck.

Llamas
01-10-2008, 02:22 AM
I don't really like sweet food a whole lot, so when I do eat cereal, I prefer a) my milk to taste like milk and b) less sweet cereals. But I also don't really eat in the morning, since I'm not usually awake. And when I am, I prefer oatmeal or protein shakes.

khaaaaan
01-10-2008, 03:06 AM
Coco Pops. No discussion.

wheelchairman
01-10-2008, 05:45 AM

These were the cereals I grew up on, that and Frosted Flakes.

Although I do remember being very small and only eating Cocoa Pebbles.

the_offsprings_monkey
01-10-2008, 06:48 AM
Crunchy Nut Honey Clusters! Nothing taste better then them beast!

Meg
01-10-2008, 09:26 AM
Either Coco pops or those other things. Weetos I think they were called. I'm not sure whether they still make them or not :S

ad8
01-10-2008, 09:36 AM
Chocolate muesli flavored milk every day :D

Sunny
01-10-2008, 09:57 AM
cinnamon toast crunch or fruity pebbles of course. i don't really eat super sweet candy-style cereal anymore though... i'll pick granola or basic 4 over that stuff anytime.

the_offsprings_monkey
01-10-2008, 10:09 AM
Either Coco pops or those other things. Weetos I think they were called. I'm not sure whether they still make them or not :S

Yeps, they still make them Wheetos, infact I had some this morning! That crazy scientist on the front cracks me up ;p! :rolleyes:

Meg
01-10-2008, 10:14 AM
cinnamon toast crunch or fruity pebbles of course. i don't really eat super sweet candy-style cereal anymore though... i'll pick granola or basic 4 over that stuff anytime.

I love granola with a passion. Especially the kind that comes with dry fruit. Only problem is that they charge you the earth for "healthy" stuff these days =/

And as to the Wheetos..... They stopped making the adverts!!!! Those were classic!!!!

Sunny
01-10-2008, 10:24 AM
I love granola with a passion. Especially the kind that comes with dry fruit. Only problem is that they charge you the earth for "healthy" stuff these days =/

i get my granola by the pound at Whole Foods, so it's quite cheap. yay WF!

Meg
01-10-2008, 10:28 AM
I got quite a small bag [can't remember what weight or anything] from the Tesco's around the corner from me. It was granola with tropical fruits if my memory serves me correctly, and I think it was 2.50. At the time I didn't think it was that much, but when the last few inches of the pack were all in bits, and hence un-usable with milk I quite re-thought that sentiment.

the_offsprings_monkey
01-10-2008, 10:28 AM
And as to the Wheetos..... They stopped making the adverts!!!! Those were classic!!!!

Oh yea, those were class! It'd just be him flying in on some tiny UFO an eating up some Weetos, then he'd tell you about the crappy toys they put in that week! Ahh happy days.

Meg
01-10-2008, 10:33 AM
I can't really remember much about the toys. They tended to be little plastic cars or animals usually didn't they? :S

And that's a question, rather than a statement

Sunny
01-10-2008, 10:34 AM
I got quite a small bag [can't remember what weight or anything] from the Tesco's around the corner from me. It was granola with tropical fruits if my memory serves me correctly, and I think it was 2.50. At the time I didn't think it was that much, but when the last few inches of the pack were all in bits, and hence un-usable with milk I quite re-thought that sentiment.

yeah, i used to buy "bear naked" granola which is like $5.99 for a medium-sized (would last me and mens maybe 10 days). f that. by the pound is where it's at.

Dead Kennedy
01-10-2008, 10:35 AM
I like to put fruit and stuff in my cereals like bananas and i like to put coconut milk and stuff.

Meg
01-10-2008, 10:46 AM
I like to put fruit and stuff in my cereals like bananas and i like to put coconut milk and stuff.

What this reminds me of is the wheatabix adverts they did not long back. [ I really hope I spelt that right, otherwise that's just terrible. I can't remember if there's an h or not.]

And also reminds me of the pure joy of wheatabix. I love to chuck all kind of stuff on it, but I haven't ate any in ages.

Duskygrin
01-10-2008, 10:48 AM
A nice concept if ever there was one, that of cereal-flavoured milk.

What strikes me though is the fact that I just dislike cereal-flavoured milk! as compared to its natural taste. I don't mind if it's vanilla or choc flavoured though.

What a lovely thread! Kisses!

I've been told the plural of "cereal" was "cereal" though, not "cereals"

Meg
01-10-2008, 10:51 AM
In which case then, full fat [Blue top here] or semi skimmed milk [Green top here]?

SaiKYoU
01-10-2008, 10:52 AM
I vote for miel pops [honey pops i guess it'c called outside spain]...

fuck they're like heroin...

http://www.kelloggs.be/fr/kids/img/pops.jpg

even the bee rocks...

Duskygrin
01-10-2008, 10:54 AM
? it's actually called miel pops? frenchily so? I recall my bf calling me "miel pops" but i thought he was teasing with a bad translation of english cereal that would be called "honey pops"...

aha, there you go, you have both, simply...

i dunno if meg you're talking to me if not never mind if so well semi.

Meg
01-10-2008, 11:15 AM
have to say I go for semi skimmed too. My sister will only drink full fat for some reason. Personally I can't actualy tell the difference, I just use green out of habit

the_offsprings_monkey
01-10-2008, 11:23 AM
have to say I go for semi skimmed too. My sister will only drink full fat for some reason. Personally I can't actualy tell the difference, I just use green out of habit

I used to be the same with the greens, but once I realised how much better Milkshake is with the Blue, I've never gone back!

Duskygrin
01-10-2008, 11:25 AM
well apparently your milk and our milk taste a lot different... ours is UHT (or highly-pasteurised) which makes for quite another taste... i didn't know that till i came in england and fell on that milk that just won't keep after a few days - and bf told me that tasting milk that has gone off is a really, really bad experience. anyway, in our country blue is semi, red is fat and green is skimmed. i used to take skimmed but apparently it's in fat there's more calcium so i went to semi instead and i must admit, it does taste better, far less watery.

Meg
01-10-2008, 11:25 AM
I've honestly never noticed a difference. Milk is milk really.

But having said that, I only tend to drink it in tea or coffee anyway. God I miss the days I used to have multiple pints of milkshake every night =[

the_offsprings_monkey
01-10-2008, 11:27 AM
I've honestly never noticed a difference. Milk is milk really.

But having said that, I only tend to drink it in tea or coffee anyway. God I miss the days I used to have multiple pints of milkshake every night =[

Nesquick an a 4 pinter was my ideal night!

Duskygrin
01-10-2008, 11:27 AM
milk? a dash of, thank you.

yeah milk in tea is so english it leaves me with a smile on my face everytime i see bf take some here.

Meg
01-10-2008, 11:28 AM
I actually like Yazoo a lot now. But enough conversations about milkshake. Relatively off-topic of thread don't you know? =P

the_offsprings_monkey
01-10-2008, 11:31 AM
I actually like Yazoo a lot now. But enough conversations about milkshake. Relatively off-topic of thread don't you know? =P

Not if we're talking about Nesquick cereal, it turns the milk into milkshake!!

Meg
01-10-2008, 11:34 AM
True enough point I suppose. I don't think i've ever had any though :/

[Currently feeding myself right now, back soon]

WebDudette
01-10-2008, 08:21 PM
As far as the milk goes, cinnamon toast crunch, fruity pebbles, cap'n crunch are all really good ones. As far as the actual cereal goes I really only eat stuff like honey bunches of oats and stuff now, but the after milk is good with that kind of stuff as well.

I love cereal by the handful but it tears up my mouth, kind of like salt and vinegar chips without the sting.

Nicole
01-10-2008, 09:10 PM
I brought cereal today, in honor of this topic. I was in the supermarket and got to the cereal aisle and I'm thinking "dude, I so have to go down here".

Speaking of "froot" (makes me shudder too), one of the biggest cereals here, although I don't know how you can call cereal if it comes in brick form that soaks up all your fucking milk, is "Weet Bix". That name really screwed up my spelling of "wheat".