PDA

View Full Version : Tell me what you think of this:

wheelchairman
01-09-2008, 06:42 PM
This thread (http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31167) has actually made me aware that many more people than I originally thought, are guilty of this. Please click on this thread and share your actions. (It's about how you listen to music, apparently some people just sit.)

Lodat225
01-09-2008, 07:04 PM
...?

the fuck is with this thread?

Sunny
01-09-2008, 07:21 PM
w..tf. the only times i ever *just sit* and listen to music are when i'm emoing out, on the subway or really tanked. or all at once. otherwise, i'm always doing other stuff with music in the background.

Sidewinder
01-09-2008, 07:28 PM
Happy Birthday, by the way.

Betty
01-10-2008, 12:39 AM
Yeah, apparently some people don't sit?

calichix
01-10-2008, 03:24 AM
If I feel like listening to a particular song for jamming purposes I'll go on a power walk and do a dancewalk to it. otherwise I listen to music while I'm cleaning or in the car. or commuting via bike. I can't just sit and do nothing, music or not. unless it's for resting after long periods of non-sitting purposes.

Meg
01-10-2008, 08:39 AM
I tend to end up cleaning my room as a means of something to do whilst listening to music. It's rare that I sit still. Even if i'm just re-arranging things or putting things away i generally have to be moving.
Having said that, i've never really thought about it much before. I think it's a subconscious thing.

Andy
01-10-2008, 10:01 AM
I only ever really listen to music commuting to and from work nowadays. I used to enjoy just lying back and chilling out with a CD on, that's changed lately. But then, I haven't bought a new CD in ages (the last album I bought was Crimson by the Alkaline Trio).

I used to listen to music a lot when I was playing computer games as well (Fat of the Land by the Prodigy being the absolute best to listen to when playing the original Metal Gear Solid, and somewhat bizarrely, The Marshall Mathers LP by Eminem was the best to play the original Medal of Honour to).

Shit, I've just realised how behind I am with music. I really need to start taking an active interest in it again. There was a point when I used to buy two or three albums a week. I need new music.

Meg
01-10-2008, 10:02 AM
i don't have the money to buy new music. But i'm subjected to it by the jukebox in the bar. Always stocked with the latest songs, always blaring out at obscene levels right underneath my bed =/

calichix
01-10-2008, 01:26 PM
your bangs are so cute. are they high maintenance?

Harnum
01-10-2008, 01:38 PM
When I listen to music, I'm either posting on here, walking somewhere, or I'm taking the bus to school. But when I do so, I tend to kinda dance/just be a retard (in my seat or whatnot). That's what I meant by my post in there (just to clear it up). I wouldn't be able to just sit. That's weird.

WebDudette
01-10-2008, 06:21 PM
Even if I'm not tired I'll play a GY!BE, Depeche Mode, or even an Afi cd and just lie down and listen to it. I'd never do something like that with alot of bands like Das Oath or anything, though I have sat through all of the Blood Brothers 'Crimes' a few times.

Generally though, I'm on the computer doing stuff when I listen to music.

XYlophonetreeZ
01-10-2008, 07:14 PM
I thought this thread was stupid in the Other Bands forum. Now that another thread has been made linking to it in GC, I may just have to unsubscribe from Wheelchairmanism.:mad:

Nina
01-12-2008, 02:27 AM
I cant just sit, with or without music. I also cant just lie down either. I always have my music or the TV when I sleep. Lately I've been putting interviews on my mp3-player and listening to it because I dont have a TV in my room.

I NEED music when there is movement, unless I am involved in something else that is really interesting (a conversation for instance). When I'm in the car or on the bus I need music or else I feel like something big is missing.

Dead Kennedy
01-12-2008, 04:04 AM
I usually listen music when im in bathroom.

batfish
01-12-2008, 12:06 PM
If for some reason I'm forced to sit still and listen to music, I can't listen to a whole album, and I change the band frequently.

But I love doing the washing up (no dishwasher :( ) listening to music. It makes it such a pleasant task. Also driving. For me, those are the best times for listening to whole albums.

Camel Filters
01-12-2008, 12:09 PM
If for some reason I'm forced to sit still and listen to music, I can't listen to a whole album, and I change the band frequently.

But I love doing the washing up (no dishwasher :( ) listening to music. It makes it such a pleasant task. Also driving. For me, those are the best times for listening to whole albums.

I agree to everything that you just said.