PDA

View Full Version : Ben Folds (Five)

Mr. Gepetto
01-10-2008, 06:15 PM
Well basically, I'm seriously in love with this man's music. Seriously, there is not one song of his I don't enjoy. The fact that he can use emo lyrics and put it into a piano rock song is just great. And something about a lot of his songs give me that warm feeling, like, a "home sweet home" kind of feeling.

Rockin the Suburbs and Songs for Silverman:
http://www.mediafire.com/?0ynb9mugbxm

Does anybody share my love?

Llamas
01-10-2008, 06:54 PM
He's talented, but also a huge ass. He did a free outdoor concert at a University near me once. You know, when you have a free outdoor concert, especially at a University, the audience isn't going to be filled with your most diehard fans; it's going to be mostly people who are like "hey free concert! let's go!". Well, he had the University pay to rent him a grand piano for the show. They nicely did. He performed. After the show, he got upset that the fans weren't into it enough. He destroyed the piano on stage and yelled at the fans.

The University had to pay for the piano. Plus that's just so terrible on many levels. After that, I could never truly enjoy his music again... I'm one of those people who takes personality into account regarding musicians.

Sidewinder
01-10-2008, 07:06 PM
Dude, I was about to ask for some of this in the sharing thread. Would you oblige? The one song I heard (can't remember the name) was excellent.

Mr. Gepetto
01-11-2008, 01:55 PM
He's talented, but also a huge ass. He did a free outdoor concert at a University near me once. You know, when you have a free outdoor concert, especially at a University, the audience isn't going to be filled with your most diehard fans; it's going to be mostly people who are like "hey free concert! let's go!". Well, he had the University pay to rent him a grand piano for the show. They nicely did. He performed. After the show, he got upset that the fans weren't into it enough. He destroyed the piano on stage and yelled at the fans.

The University had to pay for the piano. Plus that's just so terrible on many levels. After that, I could never truly enjoy his music again... I'm one of those people who takes personality into account regarding musicians.

Wow, that's heavy. But I have to say, he's one of the only people I would've guessed was an ass or a super cool person.

Mr. Gepetto
01-11-2008, 01:56 PM
Dude, I was about to ask for some of this in the sharing thread. Would you oblige? The one song I heard (can't remember the name) was excellent.

There's a link in the first post.

Sidewinder
01-11-2008, 02:59 PM
My bad, thought it was only one song.

Mr. Gepetto
01-11-2008, 03:28 PM
No problem, lemme know what you think.

Llamas
01-11-2008, 04:06 PM
Wow, that's heavy. But I have to say, he's one of the only people I would've guessed was an ass or a super cool person.

What is that supposed to mean? Made no sense to me.

Mr. Gepetto
01-11-2008, 04:13 PM
What is that supposed to mean? Made no sense to me.

You're right. That didn't make sense. Weird.
I guess I meant I would expect he was a jerk.

coke_a_holic
01-15-2008, 01:59 PM
I downloaded both cds. I like it a lot, especially Rockin' The Suburbs. Both the song and the cd.

This is great stuff.

StayInTheHouseCarl
01-15-2008, 06:44 PM
folds' cover of "bitches ain't shit" is classic