PDA

View Full Version : Will the Bush administration pre-emptively bomb Iran before the 2008 elections?

TBD
01-12-2008, 08:00 AM
I'm getting a bad feeling its going to happen.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/meast/01/12/iran.iraq/index.html
Us announcing Iranian linked bombs up in Iraq.

Also the boat incident, with the 'You will explode in a few minutes' quote.

Did you guys see the countering boat videos? I mean I'd prefer to believe that we are the ones not lying, but the Iranian one seems more realistic for some reason. The 'You will explode in a few minutes' doesn't even sound like something an Iranian guy could sound like anyways.

Everything just seems like they are trying to create more and more reasons to bomb Iran (justified or not I don't know) but what do you guys think are the chances of another preemptive bombing happening, propelling McCain to the presidency?

Sham
01-12-2008, 08:23 AM
The more troops that are killed, the more people will be against the war. Infact, that is one of the anti-war peoples' main argument. Thinking that the Bush administration would purposfully kill more American troops just to keep us in the war is ridiculous. If people knew that troops were dying, they would go for a candidate who was against the war, not for it.

TBD
01-12-2008, 08:33 AM
A preemptive bombing would not kill more Americans. Being on the ground kills troops.

wheelchairman
01-12-2008, 09:40 AM
Well there is no question that Iran is heavily involved with the Iraqi insurgency. That's like duh.

I doubt it will lead to much reprisal on the American side.

HornyPope
01-12-2008, 01:04 PM
I could foresee a limited, tactical strike to take down the nuclear reactor for example, but bombing for the sake of bombing is not effective unless you're capable to escalate the action further, and given American situation in Iraq, the poor public support, and the economy... USA doesn't really have much bite now.