PDA

View Full Version : This pizza has no backbone

Meg
01-15-2008, 09:25 AM
Have you ever had a pizza by "Pizza Express"?

My dad bought two of them and I just had the marguerita.

Now, forgive me, but you're supposed to be able to eat pizzas with your hands right? So can anybody explain to me why this pizza decided It was going to be as floppy and unedible as a sodden issue?

Not only this, but it looked like something you saw on the pavement outside a nightclub last friday.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a87/MLloyd/piizza_box.jpg

TBD
01-15-2008, 09:30 AM
No but I want Dominoes or Pizza Hut or Papa Johns. I love shitty mainstream American cheese pizza. All the little mom and pop places just aren't as good as the big names I find.

Harnum
01-15-2008, 09:30 AM
Are there any pictures of the said pizza on the internet somewhere?

[pizza rant]

I hate a soggy shit pizza. It drives me nuts! Also, I don't get the whole 'thin crust' hype. I think it makes it too thin to eat. It all falls apart and gets all soggy and nasty (at least the thin crust stuff I've had has). blehh...

[/pizza rant]

I had to say it at some point.

H1T_That
01-15-2008, 09:32 AM
No but I want Dominoes or Pizza Hut or Papa Johns. I love shitty mainstream American cheese pizza. All the little mom and pop places just aren't as good as the big names I find.

It's the opposite for me. I find the small family run pizza places are much better. Cheaper prices, and if you're a regular and a nice guy, they normally give you extra toppings for no extra costs.

Meg
01-15-2008, 09:34 AM
I find the soggy pizza thing infuriating. I like to know that i've actually bitten into something.

The best thin and crispy pizzas i've found are conveniently enough ASDA's own. For like........ 99p or something like that.

But this one was weird as hell. You even had to "drizzle" a tablespoon of olive oil on before cooking..... Responsible for the soggy mess maybe?

[It tasted alright to eat though, in all fairness]

Harnum
01-15-2008, 09:35 AM
Quoted for truth. Pizza Hut is amazing! =]

Meg
01-15-2008, 09:40 AM
I used to hate pizza hut when I was little. I used to end up with chicken nuggets and chips all the time. But the last time I went I actually really liked it.

Andy
01-15-2008, 09:41 AM
I used to love soggy, floppy pizzas. They made me think I was a Ninja Turtle.

Meg
01-15-2008, 09:44 AM
Unfortunately enough you're not though....

So roll on crispy!!!!!!!

Harnum
01-15-2008, 09:47 AM
This made me want to photoshop your head on a Ninja Turtle. The idea sounded so much cooler in my head.

Autonomist
01-15-2008, 09:49 AM
I have similar problems when I try and eat kebabs. Every time without fail they fall apart on me. I still love kebabs though, and really fancy one right now.

H1T_That
01-15-2008, 09:49 AM
I find the soggy pizza thing infuriating. I like to know that i've actually bitten into something.

Agreed. The asda's own brand pizza 3 for 3 deal is the best thing to happen to life.

Edit: I quoted the wrong part of your post there. But i'm guessing you know what i was on about.

Andy
01-15-2008, 09:54 AM
This made me want to photoshop your head on a Ninja Turtle. The idea sounded so much cooler in my head.

You would probably become my favourite member if you did that.

Meg
01-15-2008, 09:55 AM
I have similar problems when I try and eat kebabs. Every time without fail they fall apart on me. I still love kebabs though, and really fancy one right now.

Kebabs are gorgeous things. Only problem is there's hardly anywhere round here that does a decent, greasy, unhealthy kebab! =[

But yes, ASDA are pretty much saviours to my stomach for the pizzas.

Meg
01-15-2008, 09:55 AM

*thinks*

hmmm.......

*giggles*

Harnum
01-15-2008, 10:24 AM
You would probably become my favourite member if you did that.
[attempt at becoming Andy's favorite member ever]
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i298/harnum721/turtles3lk.png
[/attempt at becoming Andy's favorite member ever]

See, it did sound so much cooler in my head, and I invisioned it to be cooler! I need Photoshop badly!

Done with MS Paint = ultimate fail! :(

Meg
01-15-2008, 10:27 AM
[attempt at becoming Andy's favorite member ever]
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i298/harnum721/turtles3lk.png
[/attempt at becoming Andy's favorite member ever]

See, it did sound so much cooler in my head, and I invisioned it to be cooler! I need Photoshop badly!

Done with MS Paint = ultimate fail! :(

Lolz........ I love it

Harnum
01-15-2008, 10:28 AM
The bandana adds 782364786 more cool points. He looks badass.

Meg
01-15-2008, 10:29 AM
The bandana adds 782364786 more cool points. He looks badass.

Strangely enough I was thinking that. Although there's two blue bandanas :O

Harnum
01-15-2008, 10:30 AM
Looks may be deceiving! The other 'blue' is really purple. Look at Andy's wristband. It's blue. =]

Andy
01-15-2008, 10:31 AM
Right, I'll have to get a bandana then.

Meg
01-15-2008, 10:33 AM
Very convenient how he's facing right.....

Anyhow i'm offski.

Meg
01-15-2008, 10:34 AM

Haha, do!!!!

Andy with bandana...... That'd be interesting to see.

get one for next fortnight! [that's right isn't it? :S]

EDIT: Haha, I read that as banana then xD

Harnum
01-15-2008, 10:36 AM
You better. Then take a picture of yourself eating pizza with it on. Then someone with talent (and Photoshop) can actually make you a ninja turtle. Totally awesome...

Very convenient how he's facing right.....
I picked a group picture to show how he hangs with his home dawgs. Plus, that was the only body that his head fit on right.

Jakebert
01-15-2008, 10:51 AM
It's the opposite for me. I find the small family run pizza places are much better. Cheaper prices, and if you're a regular and a nice guy, they normally give you extra toppings for no extra costs.

Same here. Usually those places put more care into how they prepare their food, while bigger places care more about getting them done faster.

Llamas
01-15-2008, 11:07 AM
I've worked for Little Caesar's and Domino's. Most Little Caesar's have gone out of business by now, and it's because they are the only big corporate pizza place that actually makes the dough fresh every day. These other places like Domino's and Pizza Hut have the dough shipped every week or so and it's put in a freezer- the dough is already cut and rolled into balls, too, so all they do in the store is flatten it out and cook it.

Also, Domino's uses pre-cut and bagged onions and green peppers. Their thin crusts and deep dish crusts are all premade and bagged- all they do in the store is put stuff on it and cook it. The cheese comes in huge ecomony bags, and is cubed instead of shredded so that it can fit through the holes on a big plastic cheeser. The cheese doesn't get put on by hand- it gets dumped in a cup and automatically spread, so that you get the least amount of cheese possible. They really push in these places not giving the customer much cheese, because cheese is the only part of the pizza that makes it cost like $1.00 to make. When you ask for normal cheese and then toppings, you get 3/4 of a cup of cheese on it. If you ask for double cheese, you get one full cup.

And since all these places over-charge so much for their ridiculously not fresh ingredients, they're making a killing compared to the small shops that actually cut their vegetables and make their dough in the store.

I only eat Domino's pizza if I'm not paying for it. I'll rarely buy Pizza Hut or Papa John's. If I'm gonna pay for pizza, I'm going for the local guys where the pizza actually tastes good and is made with quality ingredients. Some of the pizza joints in Chicago are just fantastic. Sad that I'm moving away from the area in a couple weeks, cause I'll miss the pizza.

But American pizza still can never compare to the pizzas I had in Austria and Italy. Holy damn.

Autonomist
01-15-2008, 11:19 AM
pizza... Italy...

Don't even get me started! I know it's a pretty much a given that the world's best pizzas come from Italy, but after eating eating pretty much no pizzas bar the shitty ones you described nothing can prepare you for the first bite you'll take of a genuine Italian crust. It was like tasting the cheese of God.

Llamas
01-15-2008, 11:27 AM
Don't even get me started! I know it's a pretty much a given that the world's best pizzas come from Italy, but after eating eating pretty much no pizzas bar the shitty ones you described nothing can prepare you for the first bite you'll take of a genuine Italian crust. It was like tasting the cheese of God.

I knowwwww! And the pizza in Austria was basically the same (being that it's right next door, and has none of its own cuisine- all borrowed from neighboring countries), with a few modifications... though I'm sure if I lived there all my life, I'd think they tasted way different, but to an American, they're equally awesome! And yeah, it's obvious that the best pizzas would be there... but good GOD!

Harnum
01-15-2008, 11:32 AM
Does anybody like those store bought pizzas that you put in the oven? Me either, with the exception of ONE particular pizza.

http://chowtimes.com/photos/feb2006/IMG_3341_edited-1.jpg

It's a Crescendo Rising Crust Spicy Chicken Pizza. In this picture, it's a bit burnt for me, but it's amazing for a store bought pizza, especially because most of them suck ass. The sauce is nice and not too tomato-ey. The cheese melts in your mouth and the chicken is actually awesome! I love it. =]

But American pizza still can never compare to the pizzas I had in Austria and Italy. Holy damn.
I dream about having pizzas and other italian foods (pastas and the like) straight from where they originated. I want to go there just to do that.

0r4ng3
01-15-2008, 11:36 AM
I'd definitely be that guy who goes to Italy and has a cheeseburger.

Harnum
01-15-2008, 11:39 AM
"I can has cheeseburger?"
"Not in Italy, SON!"

That is an insult! lawlz

Llamas
01-15-2008, 11:49 AM
Does anybody like those store bought pizzas that you put in the oven? Me either, with the exception of ONE particular pizza.

http://chowtimes.com/photos/feb2006/IMG_3341_edited-1.jpg

It's a Crescendo Rising Crust Spicy Chicken Pizza. In this picture, it's a bit burnt for me, but it's amazing for a store bought pizza, especially because most of them suck ass. The sauce is nice and not too tomato-ey. The cheese melts in your mouth and the chicken is actually awesome! I love it. =]
I fucking HATE those fake ass naturally rising crust frozen pizzas :( I actually much prefer the junk ones like Jack's and Roma's. Because if I'm eating something from the freezer, I don't want it to pretend to be good... it's like teasing me.

I dream about having pizzas and other italian foods (pastas and the like) straight from where they originated. I want to go there just to do that.
Oh god me too. I want to travel all over Europe and the South American areas where I don't need vaccines, haha, to eat all their foods :)

I'd definitely be that guy who goes to Italy and has a cheeseburger.
Then you'd pretty much have to go to McDonalds.

Harnum
01-15-2008, 11:54 AM
I fucking HATE those fake ass naturally rising crust frozen pizzas :( I actually much prefer the junk ones like Jack's and Roma's. Because if I'm eating something from the freezer, I don't want it to pretend to be good... it's like teasing me.
H84U :(

Not really.. but the reason I say that these are good is because I haven't really had much to compare them to, except one really shitty pizza place we have here that isn't even fit to eat. So, in comparison to that, these are godly!

Llamas
01-15-2008, 11:56 AM
I don't imagine Canadian pizza being much to brag about. :P So I don't blame you.

Harnum
01-15-2008, 11:59 AM
I don't imagine Canadian pizza being much to brag about. :P So I don't blame you.
ursorite. :(

That makes me sad.

JohnnyNemesis
01-15-2008, 01:39 PM
If I read one more thing about a product being better in Austria than it is here, I'm gonna die. :P

Llamas
01-15-2008, 01:51 PM
If I read one more thing about a product being better in Austria than it is here, I'm gonna die. :P

black people in austria > black americans.

:D

edit: it was mostly about how much better Italian pizza is... Austrian pizza is basically Italian :P So whatever! Italian pizza > you.

Mota Boy
01-15-2008, 10:36 PM
Holy shit, this place just opened up in my city that makes bagels. And has pizza. And has pizza on bagels. This makes my year.

Oh, and in pizza thread, I feel I should give a shout-out to Mellow Mushroom. Some of the best damn pizza out there.

JohnnyNemesis
01-15-2008, 10:38 PM
When pizza's on a bagel...you know what you can do.

That's right. You can eat pizza anytime. (http://youtube.com/watch?v=ocjNYNMXwt0)

WebDudette
01-15-2008, 11:47 PM
Pretty sure I recently read about a world wide pizza championship going to a couple of Australian guys.

On another note, there is a pizza place in Arizona that is supposed to be among the worlds best and has like a 3 hour waiting line daily.

Mota Boy
01-16-2008, 06:19 AM
You can eat pizza anytime. (http://youtube.com/watch?v=ocjNYNMXwt0)Can you, Ricky? Can you? (http://youtube.com/watch?v=0ECR4-jwjE8&feature=related)

Lizardus
01-16-2008, 10:51 AM

I took a liking for pepperoni pizza because of the Ninja Turtles, good times.

JohnnyNemesis
01-16-2008, 10:52 AM

This is adorable.

Can you, Ricky? Can you? (http://youtube.com/watch?v=0ECR4-jwjE8&feature=related)

Holy shit <3

Sunny
01-16-2008, 11:24 AM
i HATE soggy pizzas. ew. and domino's crap is only acceptable when i'm trashed. otherwise, shit, i live in New York. there's pizza on every corner.

the pizzas i've had in Europe (Poland, France, etc) were nothing worth writing home about. i want to try Italian real bad though.

JohnnyNemesis
01-16-2008, 11:26 AM
I refuse to eat Domino's even when I'm trashed. It's THAT bad.

Seriously. Think about that. I'm the guy who drunkenly posts about eating corn chips dipped in hummus and washing that down with Clamato.

Besides, why order Domino's? Why pay all that cash and tip the delivery dude when there's probably plenty of cardboard boxes already in your room? Why have them make some cardboard into the shape of a pizza and charge you money for it when you can just chew on some for free?

Sunny
01-16-2008, 11:34 AM
i dip corn chips in hummus while sober. ;p

see, dominos pizza is just an accessory to the ultimate gloriousness that is dominos cinnastix. those things (and the frosting they come with) are like nectar of the gods under the right circumstances.

Sham
01-16-2008, 11:46 AM
All pizza pretty much taste the same to me, so I just go anywhere. It doesn't really make a difference, but lately I haven't been in the mood. For pizza, I mean.

JohnnyNemesis
01-16-2008, 11:49 AM
i dip corn chips in hummus while sober. ;p

*shifty eyes* I've done that once or twice... :D

the_offsprings_monkey
01-16-2008, 12:13 PM
Have you ever had a pizza by "Pizza Express"?

My dad bought two of them and I just had the marguerita.

Now, forgive me, but you're supposed to be able to eat pizzas with your hands right? So can anybody explain to me why this pizza decided It was going to be as floppy and unedible as a sodden issue?

Not only this, but it looked like something you saw on the pavement outside a nightclub last friday.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a87/MLloyd/piizza_box.jpg

Yes, I had the exact same thing the last time I got one from there! The thing just slopped over an all my toppings fell off! This thing is deffo not easy to eat when walking home that's for sure!

Llamas
01-16-2008, 08:46 PM
Sunny, cinnastix are sick! It's just Domino's crappy dough with cinnamon on it :( The best thing at Domino's are the chicken kickers. But if you get them how they're made normally, they're just okay (but still the best thing there). I would always cut them in half, coat them in buffalo sauce, and cook them twice. Seriously amazing. Unfortunately, an order of them is like $7.

JohnnyNemesis
01-16-2008, 09:28 PM
Sunny, cinnastix are sick!

They are better in Austria, though. :P

I shoot! I score!

coke_a_holic
01-16-2008, 09:37 PM
The order of dominos products goes:

Cinnastix > Cheesy Bread > Pizza > whatever else they sell that I don't buy.

Their pizza is shit, but the toppings they put on it are good. I don't understand why that is, but it's true. Like, I get pizza with a lot of stuff on it (pepperoni, green pepper, black olives, and onions), and they never fail to give me plenty of the above to overpower their bad sauce and cheese.

I'd rather get my pizza from a quasi-local-but-good-enough-to-have-a-slight-chain places, like, Ledo's, which has spread across Maryland, or Continental, which isn't a chain so none of you have heard of it, but it seems to make a lot of money from the skate park the kids built a few feet away.

Sinister
01-17-2008, 06:02 AM
Best pizzas I ever had were from two different, family-ran I assume, small places in New York. Seriously fucking wonderful. Other than that, Salvatore's consistently delivers pretty good stuff for a pretty good price. 12" pepperoni&cheese ftw.

Sunny
01-17-2008, 06:49 AM
The order of dominos products goes:

Cinnastix > Cheesy Bread > Pizza > whatever else they sell that I don't buy.

Their pizza is shit, but the toppings they put on it are good. I don't understand why that is, but it's true. Like, I get pizza with a lot of stuff on it (pepperoni, green pepper, black olives, and onions), and they never fail to give me plenty of the above to overpower their bad sauce and cheese.

precisely! cheesy bread with garlic butter sauce thing!

i always get ham, mushroom & onion.

XYlophonetreeZ
01-17-2008, 08:34 AM
I've been to New York and Chicago numerous times, yet the best pizza I've ever had is from this little place in a strip mall in the Outer Banks called Cosmo's.

And shit, Domino's isn't THAT bad. Especially if you get their pan pizza. At least it's not fucking Pizza Hut.

Jakebert
01-17-2008, 10:50 AM
Domino's is really good with ranch dressing, but I can't stand it without it.

The only chains I go to by choice anymore are East of Chicago and Hungry Howie's, mainly because they're the only pizza places by my school that aren't Pizza Hut.

sKratch
01-17-2008, 11:43 AM
wtf cheesy bread is without a doubt the greatest thing that ever happened second only to jesus' rising from the dead.

Llamas
01-17-2008, 12:01 PM
And shit, Domino's isn't THAT bad. Especially if you get their pan pizza. At least it's not fucking Pizza Hut.

Domino's doesn't have pan pizza... and if you're referring to their deep dish, that shit is nasty.

cheesy bread from domino's is probably the second best thing they have, after the chicken kickers.

Meg
01-30-2008, 08:07 PM
And further to the TMNT with pizza:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a87/MLloyd/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtle-dog.jpg