PDA

View Full Version : Line 6

The Talking Pie
01-18-2008, 12:07 PM
Come on folks; what Line 6 gear do you have?

I just got my Spider III amp in the mail today, and sweet Jesus, the 'Insane' setting is fucking awesome. Anyone else played one of these beasts?

Mr. Gepetto
01-18-2008, 04:24 PM
I've played basically every Line 6 amp in production right now. They are addicting, I don't own one however, I plan to sell my current amp inorder to get one. Other than that I do have the Line 6 Variax bass, it's amazing. Pic of it in the pic thread.

The Talking Pie
01-18-2008, 04:34 PM
Have you played through any Vetta amps, at all? I've seen videos, but something tells me the sound on them don't do the amps justice.

Homer
01-18-2008, 04:37 PM
I own a 75 watt Spider II(?). There was only one reason as to why I bought it: the effects. I'm pretty sure that's why most people buy Line 6's, and I must say, I haven't got a complaint.

Actually, another great thing about my amp is that it's louder than what I and most people expect. I usually only ever keep the volume at about half way.

randman21
01-18-2008, 06:20 PM
Woooow, I was just coming to this section to ask about the Spider III, because I'm having a hard time deciding between it and another. I was already leaning toward it, so I might give it a try.

ANDiTKO
01-19-2008, 12:29 AM
i dont like the Line 6 amps.i prefer Marshall :)
At least for punk.What kind of music do you play with Line6?

The Talking Pie
01-19-2008, 03:11 AM
Woooow, I was just coming to this section to ask about the Spider III, because I'm having a hard time deciding between it and another. I was already leaning toward it, so I might give it a try.

What was the other amp you were considering? If you'd like, I could make a demo video to 'showcase' the Spider III.

i dont like the Line 6 amps.i prefer Marshall :)
At least for punk.What kind of music do you play with Line6?

Metal! \m/

That_Guy91
01-19-2008, 08:33 AM
I just got a 30 watt Spider III recently, and I fucking love the thing.

randman21
01-20-2008, 03:16 AM
What was the other amp you were considering? If you'd like, I could make a demo video to 'showcase' the Spider III.

Yes, pleeeease.:D

The other thing wasn't actually so much an amp amp. It was the Behringer V-Amp 2.

Harnum
01-20-2008, 08:40 AM
Behringer?

NOOOOO! Behringer makes me sad. =[

The Talking Pie
01-20-2008, 09:22 AM
Yes, pleeeease.:D

The other thing wasn't actually so much an amp amp. It was the Behringer V-Amp 2.

Here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrSg12O4wnQ

What I say at the end about it being a kind of 'preamp' isn't entirely true; you can use it as a stage amp, but as loud as it is (and it is loud), it won't suffice for a larger venue on its own.

randman21
01-20-2008, 01:57 PM
Oh, yes. Oh, God, yes. I'm a 100% beginner when it comes to electric guitars and their components, but I think I've found the one for now. Thanks for the showcase.;)

randman21
01-20-2008, 02:12 PM
Behringer?

NOOOOO! Behringer makes me sad. =[

Haha, I missed this post earlier. You know, I've never not heard this response when I mention Behringer. Heh, guess I'll steer clear of that one.

Random Goods
02-15-2008, 01:41 PM
I own a 75 watt Spider II(?). There was only one reason as to why I bought it: the effects. I'm pretty sure that's why most people buy Line 6's, and I must say, I haven't got a complaint.

Actually, another great thing about my amp is that it's louder than what I and most people expect. I usually only ever keep the volume at about half way.

I have the same Spider II and I really like it. is there any good settings for a punk-ish stye u guys use? i have an RG,i cant dial in one

Homer
02-15-2008, 03:39 PM
Well, I just recently made an effect that sounds like Eat Bay Ray's (the Dead Kennedys). But yeah, it's easy to find a good punk effect.

I do the following:

Amp Model: In between Crunch and Metal (the "red" metal)
Drive: about half way
Bass: about a quarter of the way
Mid: about a quarter of the way
Treble: all the way
Channel Volume: about half way

Basically, that should get you a good punk tone. Though, I may have messed up my knobs a bit, since they don't come with a cover. So, just let me know how it sounds.

Jebus
02-15-2008, 10:23 PM
I have a line 6 spider II 30w. It's been a LONG time since I played guitar. I think I broke a string a few months back and I just kind of forgot and haven't played guitar since then. Just brought a fresh pack of strings and want to get back into things. Thing is I lost my tuner. Maybe I'm crazy, but I could have sworn the amp had a built in tuner. Don't know where the manual is and it doesn't seem to mention it in the pdf from the line 6 website.

so anyone care to enlighten me on what buttons to press?

EDIT: hmm... think it might only be on higher up models. Oh well.

Ryder1234
02-16-2008, 03:10 PM
you have to hold the "tap" button, i think . its the button that controls the delay tempo above those effect knobs (phaser etc)

as for the punk tone, ive yet to try it, so ill go try now

Ryder1234
02-16-2008, 03:18 PM
Well, I just recently made an effect that sounds like Eat Bay Ray's (the Dead Kennedys). But yeah, it's easy to find a good punk effect.

I do the following:

Amp Model: In between Crunch and Metal (the "red" metal)
Drive: about half way
Bass: about a quarter of the way
Mid: about a quarter of the way
Treble: all the way
Channel Volume: about half way

Basically, that should get you a good punk tone. Though, I may have messed up my knobs a bit, since they don't come with a cover. So, just let me know how it sounds.

it sonds pretty good. i play with a deeper tone though, so i put the bass to about 2 and a half quarters, and i like it. i used to just play with a deep metal setting (with the green light setting), but it was way to distorted. the other downside was that anything else wold sound extremly trebly if i was playing along to music

Homer
02-16-2008, 03:19 PM
you have to hold the "tap" button

This.

Just hold that button for about 3 - 5 seconds.

Jebus
02-17-2008, 12:55 AM
Thanks for the help. Good to know. Now all I need to do is find my allen wrenches. =\