01-19-2008, 10:15 PM
I get to buy some tampons for my girlfriend tomorrow. I can't wait. hehehe

H1T_That
01-20-2008, 02:17 AM
You're such a douchebag.

ninthlayer
01-20-2008, 06:00 AM
pot.kettle.nig

CF is a fucking d.bag though. Like, holy shit.

batfish
01-20-2008, 06:34 AM
What a wonderful romantic gesture.

SaiKYoU
01-20-2008, 06:35 AM
with "girlfriend" youe meant "boyfriend", and with "tampons" you meant "suppositories", didn't you?

Jakebert
01-20-2008, 09:36 AM
I didn't think she could get her period yet.

0r4ng3
01-20-2008, 10:04 AM
Finally. I was waiting for someone to say that.

calichix
01-20-2008, 02:00 PM
that's so embarrassing. you're basically waltzing into a drug store and saying, "Hi, I'm a bitch." I would never do that to a man.

nieh
01-20-2008, 02:05 PM
I dunno, if you lived together and the guy was going shopping for other things already then I don't see anything wrong with asking them to get those too. But considering she's 16 and presumably lives with her parents, I see no reason why he's getting them for her.

calichix
01-20-2008, 02:13 PM
yeah, that's gross. I understand if you can hide it under layers upon layers of super manly things. but sending a man on a tampon run is cruel. even if he doesn't mind, it's the principal of the thing.

wheelchairman
01-20-2008, 02:23 PM
Uh we established the fact that he enjoys being completely and utterly owned by this 16 year old girl. Here he is reveling in the complete loss of any public dignity. I mean it wouldn't be a problem if he just wanted to be helpful. But that's not what this is about.

Pathetic.

T-6005
01-20-2008, 02:52 PM
Whatever - not so much wrong with going for a tampon run. It's bragging about it that pushes this into the boundaries of the strange.

JohnnyNemesis
01-20-2008, 05:55 PM
I've never understood why it's embarrassing for a dude to buy tampons. It's not like anyone thinks you're the one using them, and what kind of guy wouldn't just pick something up for his spouse/close relative/close friend or whatever the fuck without making such a big deal about it? As a society, are we really that hung up on women's periods to the point where we can't be mature about the whole thing?

Sunny
01-20-2008, 06:02 PM
call me immature, but i dislike buying tampons FOR MYSELF. it's pretty much equivalent to saying "hi, i r bleeding out of my vag right now", which is more information than i usually like to share. not to mention the awkward moment when you're buying tampons, painkillers and candy, and the cashier lady says "i feel your pain, girl". sooo awkward.

much <3 for self checkout and freshdirect.

anyway, is this yet another "i have a girlfriend with a VAGINA" thread? condoms or the pill?

Betty
01-20-2008, 06:56 PM
My dad gets excited when there is a tampon sale and he can buy a number of jumbo boxes for my mom and two sisters living at home.

JoY
01-21-2008, 04:42 AM
I've never understood why it's embarrassing for a dude to buy tampons. It's not like anyone thinks you're the one using them, and what kind of guy wouldn't just pick something up for his spouse/close relative/close friend or whatever the fuck without making such a big deal about it? As a society, are we really that hung up on women's periods to the point where we can't be mature about the whole thing?

I agree. not that every month I send my BOYFRIEND (*sings* gossssiip!) to get me some plugs, but if I don't have time to go to the store & he's heading there anyway... I remember the first time I asked him if he could please get me some tampons & added I'd understand if he didn't feel comfortable getting them for me. well, he didn't feel comfortable buying me tampons, so I freed some extra time & quickly rushed to a store myself. but now.. I don't think either one of us is uncomfortable with whoever needs to buy the fuckers. it's like freakin' toiletpaper: people poo, oh noes.

call me immature, but i dislike buying tampons FOR MYSELF. it's pretty much equivalent to saying "hi, i r bleeding out of my vag right now", which is more information than i usually like to share. not to mention the awkward moment when you're buying tampons, painkillers and candy, and the cashier lady says "i feel your pain, girl". sooo awkward.

anyway, is this yet another "i have a girlfriend with a VAGINA" thread? condoms or the pill?

I get that, aswell. but my general opinion is that cashiers are not supposed to comment on people's groceries. what if a cashier is like; "eating rice & chicken tonight, eh?"? dude, frankly I'd be a little bit weirded out. sometimes cashiers suddenly start talking to you while you're at the counter paying for your shit, but I usually don't let it bug me. it's weird, but it's fine. I would find it a lot more unacceptable if they actually judged my groceries, out loud. like, "that yoghurt is yucky, you should get the other one", or "saw you here yesterday too & you reeeeally dig Asian food, don't you?"

the other day I wanted to buy CONDOMS (ohmygod!) & I was just about to ask for them behind the counter & my boyfriend suddenly grabs my arm & hisses; "you can't do that, she's a muslim!" seriously. I am sorry, but I am not. we live in the Netherlands. you can't expect everyone to be a muslim too. it's not being inconsiderate, it's just that I needed freakin' condoms.

My dad gets excited when there is a tampon sale and he can buy a number of jumbo boxes for my mom and two sisters living at home.

alright, that I don't get.

Meg
01-21-2008, 04:52 AM
not to mention the awkward moment when you're buying tampons, painkillers and candy, and the cashier lady says "i feel your pain, girl". sooo awkward.

I had one terrible day when I went in, bought two packs of sanitary towels, and two packs of painkillers. The look the woman gave me from behind the counter made me want to run away and hide.

"So you get terrible cramps too?" "yes... *shut up shut up shut up*"

EDIT: The dad with the tampon-buying fetish.... Maybe he feels he's being helpful?

"hi, i r bleeding out of my vag right now"

I hate that part. If it's a guy at the till they tend to give you this really disgusted look as if to say, "how dare you bleed near me, take your blood away!"

killer_queen
01-21-2008, 05:08 AM
the other day I wanted to buy CONDOMS (ohmygod!) & I was just about to ask for them behind the counter & my boyfriend suddenly grabs my arm & hisses; "you can't do that, she's a muslim!" seriously. I am sorry, but I am not. we live in the Netherlands. you can't expect everyone to be a muslim too. it's not being inconsiderate, it's just that I needed freakin' condoms.
Yeah, that's why people in Turkey use selotape instead of condoms.
A couple of months ago a friend of mine wanted me to buy condoms for him because he was too shy to buy condoms from a woman (actually, he's too shy to have sex with a girl and I'm pretty sure when he went home he put those condoms in a drawer and said "I swear I'll use them one day"). Anyway, I went into the store and ask the lady for condoms and she looked at me as if I asked for a very dangerous drug. Really, she didn't say anything, just looked at me, very annoyingly. Finally she asked me what kind I wanted. As a virgin, I didn't know which one to choose so I asked her what she would suggest for a beginner. I wish I hadn't, she looked very insulted. I must have forgotten that only women who have sex for pleasure (which means whores) use condoms. So I just chose one, paid for it and got out of the store. I'm sure she had done some good cleaning in the store after I left.

JoY
01-21-2008, 05:11 AM
oh geez, poor Gulsah. that sounds very.. awkward.

Meg
01-21-2008, 05:34 AM
Luckily enough for me, if I ever want condoms I just have to pop down to the local clinic and I get them for free.

But a nice quote I got from someone was

"It's always either some middle-aged woman who think si'm satan for having pre-marital sex, or even worse some giggling teenage girl"

As it happens i've never bought them myself. Always just been given them at the clinic :/

nieh
01-21-2008, 05:42 AM
I once had a cashier ask me what college I go to based on my groceries. "umm...none?"

Meg
01-21-2008, 05:45 AM
I don't know why, but I get highly suspicious and defensive when people I don't know start asking me random questions or try to engage me in conversation. It's like yeah, I've come shopping, not to the pub, leave me alone!!!

JoY
01-21-2008, 05:59 AM
I once had a cashier ask me what college I go to based on my groceries. "umm...none?"

*giggles* he/she didn't even guess first?

I'm not a person who randomly talks to strangers, but I am a person who's fine with talking to a stranger. if a stranger talks to me, I talk back. I've had some of the funniest & most interesting conversations in my life with complete, total strangers. now, that could say a whole lot about me/my friends, but that's besides the point. what makes it interesting, is that otherwise I never would've met/talked to them. most strangers aren't in my circle of people, or whatever. talking about life with a homeless fellow isn't something I'd ever get to experience, if I didn't talk back to people who talk to me.

Meg
01-21-2008, 06:04 AM
*giggles* he/she didn't even guess first?

I'm not a person who randomly talks to strangers, but I am a person who's fine with talking to a stranger. if a stranger talks to me, I talk back. I've had some of the funniest & most interesting conversations in my life with complete, total strangers. now, that could say a whole lot about me/my friends, but that's besides the point. what makes it interesting, is that otherwise I never would've met/talked to them. most strangers aren't in my circle of people, or whatever. talking about life with a homeless fellow isn't something I'd ever get to experience, if I didn't talk back to people who talk to me.

Problem for me is that i live in a pub in the middle of town. Most of the guys that come to the pub are in their mid-thirties or more, and I get along with a lot of them. But some of them are just fucking perverts. So I generally try to ignore them. The one time I was just sat on my own and this random guy walked up and sat down next to me and started telling me his flipping life-story.

Now, i was far too polite to tell him to go away, or to get up and walk off myself. So I ended up having what would be considered a generally pleasant conversation, but he still unnerved me for some reason. He'd never come into the pub before, and I didn't know him. After a while I text my sister to ask a favour. A few minutes later she came into the bar and asked me to come clean the kitchen. Favour served.

Sunny
01-21-2008, 06:11 AM
i generally kinda like it when people in stores talk to me, even if it is about my groceries. the only two instances that make me feel uncomfortable are 1) buying girl products and 2) buying junk food. nothing more awkward than buying cheetos and ice cream and having the person go "munchies, eh? *wink*". lordyyyy.

and god, when i was off the pill for a while and had to buy condoms... it was horribly awkward. like "oh hi im about to have sum sects". >.<
then again, i have no problem going into a uhhh adult store and buying.. supplies. so. hm.

Meg
01-21-2008, 06:15 AM
i have no problem going into a uhhh adult store and buying.. supplies. so. hm.

probably because the store in question is meant to be for that sort of thing. Whereas chemist's, supermarkets etc. Have all manner of other things in, including "respectable members of the public"

Because let's face, everyone in the "adult store" will most likely be in there for the exact same reason as you.

Sunny
01-21-2008, 06:21 AM
yeah, i think that's exactly what it is. it's so much less awkward when you're in a store dedicated to that kinda thing (unless it's a creepy seedy store, but i don't ever go to those).

JoY
01-21-2008, 06:23 AM
I have days no one I don't know is allowed to look at/talk to/touch/come near me. a visit to a regular store freaks me out like crazy on those days. not that I get a freakin' fit, faint, or cry afterwards, it's just that it makes me cranky. this world is crawling with.. PEOPLE. & people sometimes make me very, very, very cranky.

I don't need to be on my period to have these emotions, just a long day pretty much can do the trick. especially if it's been a long day involving the negative consequences of me being rather talkative; too much whining from too many people I don't know, too much information from too many people I don't know, too much stupid shit around me, or one of those people I don't know sticking to my ass all day, following me in every hallway.

other days I have conversations with everyone & anyone.

so I guess it doesn't really depend on the product I buy (although in a sex shop I do get giggly), just on how my day went. & if I have cigarettes.

Meg
01-21-2008, 06:26 AM
The only slightly "adult" shop i've been in was Ann Summers. My friend dragged me in there when we went to town one day because they had some underwear she wanted. I was young and innocent at the time *cough* and I had a lok round and found the cheapest thing in there was a bottle of "kiwi nipple lick"

At the back of the store was an area marked "over 18's only"

What made me laugh was that you could still see perfectly well what was in there from the other end of the shop. And there wasn't exactly someone there checking people's ages so they could go in there xD

Meg
01-21-2008, 06:27 AM
I have days no one I don't know is allowed to look at/talk to/touch/come near me. a visit to a regular store freaks me out like crazy on those days. not that I get a freakin' fit, faint, or cry afterwards, it's just that it makes me cranky. this world is crawling with.. PEOPLE. & people sometimes make me very, very, very cranky.

I have days where i'm very anti-social and I snap at everyone. It usually happens when my younger brother is near me. Just him being next to me and breathing is enough to put in a bad mood for the rest of the day :/

batfish
01-21-2008, 08:22 AM
I always check that the barcode or price on the sanitary towels is clearly marked. I'd hate for there to be a problem in the supermarket and the cashier to ring the bell / shout to the next cashier "how much are these?". As happened to someone i know :-/

Rag Doll
01-21-2008, 08:44 AM
and god, when i was off the pill for a while and had to buy condoms... it was horribly awkward. like "oh hi im about to have sum sects". >.<
then again, i have no problem going into a uhhh adult store and buying.. supplies. so. hm.

the mens and i had to run to the nearest 24hr a&p at 5am once for a box of condoms. that was nice and awkward, cause clearly the 50something year old woman knew what we were rushing home to do.

but again, we spent like an hour in babeland the other day and it was fine.

Vera
01-21-2008, 08:49 AM
I should ask my friends who work as cashiers if they even look at what people buy. I'm only conscious of what I buy when I go to a store that I live next to (or a store my friend lives next to when I'm staying at their place) and recognize the cashier from an earlier grocery shopping visit. Once we visited a store (embarrassingly enough) three times during one day (ice cream during hot afternoon, groceries in the evening, then cream and salad as we had forgotten to get them the first time). During two visits there was the same guy as a cashier and he looked kind of amused.

But yeah, generally, I don't tend to care. I'm more embarrassed about my junk food purchases.

As for original topic; WTF.

T-6005
01-21-2008, 09:04 AM
I've always felt that the best way to buy condoms was to continuously hold eye contact with whoever your cashier is.

That's a lie. I buy condoms like anything else. It's standing there wondering what sort to get that feels odd. The inner monologue really goes crazy there.

Well, well, what do we have here? The regular kind I always go for? Yeah, I guess that's a good choice. Although I don't know, they have all of these special kinds right here. Maybe I should get this one. Or that one. It says "warming." I guess it is winter, after all. But I think she mentioned once that she doesn't like those or something. What about these? Oh, never mind - they actually look kind of dangerous. I don't want to put that on, I'll feel like an idiot. Ugh, this decision shouldn't be so hard. Just get the normal kind. Alright - wait, hold on a minute. These are cheaper, and apparently on sale. I didn't even know condoms went on sale, although come to think of it there's no reason they shouldn't. But there are only 10 in this pack, whereas that one has twelve and I already know how that goes. I trust them. Sort of - I don't like this whole rate of success business. What's all that 98.7% bullshit about anyway? Next thing you know a 1.3% chance ankle biter will be running around calling for his daddy. I'd better check if I have enough air miles left to make a quick getaway. That's what I'll do. As for this - I guess the old standby will do.

And so on and so forth until I leave the shop secure in my decision-making abilities.

Meg
01-21-2008, 09:10 AM
Close to use-by date maybe? Either way from the sounds of things they should've had a glowing neon sign saying "I'm full of more holes than your oldest socks"

JoY
01-21-2008, 09:42 AM
I've always felt that the best way to buy condoms was to continuously hold eye contact with whoever your cashier is.

That's a lie. I buy condoms like anything else. It's standing there wondering what sort to get that feels odd. The inner monologue really goes crazy there.

Well, well, what do we have here? The regular kind I always go for? Yeah, I guess that's a good choice. Although I don't know, they have all of these special kinds right here. Maybe I should get this one. Or that one. It says "warming." I guess it is winter, after all. But I think she mentioned once that she doesn't like those or something. What about these? Oh, never mind - they actually look kind of dangerous. I don't want to put that on, I'll feel like an idiot. Ugh, this decision shouldn't be so hard. Just get the normal kind. Alright - wait, hold on a minute. These are cheaper, and apparently on sale. I didn't even know condoms went on sale, although come to think of it there's no reason they shouldn't. But there are only 10 in this pack, whereas that one has twelve and I already know how that goes. I trust them. Sort of - I don't like this whole rate of success business. What's all that 98.7% bullshit about anyway? Next thing you know a 1.3% chance ankle biter will be running around calling for his daddy. I'd better check if I have enough air miles left to make a quick getaway. That's what I'll do. As for this - I guess the old standby will do.

And so on and so forth until I leave the shop secure in my decision-making abilities.

I recognise that inner monologue, but it always goes slightly different in my head. more like;
"so what kind would you like?"
condoms, condoms, condoms.. oooo, those look interesting! but.. they come in colours.. fluorescent pink, anyone? or what about those with the... oh what the hell, I can not be having this discussion with myself, while that woman behind the counter is staring at me like that.
"just the regular ones, thanks"

Sunny
01-21-2008, 09:43 AM
the mens and i had to run to the nearest 24hr a&p at 5am once for a box of condoms. that was nice and awkward, cause clearly the 50something year old woman knew what we were rushing home to do.

but again, we spent like an hour in babeland the other day and it was fine.

babeland is seriously magical because they make you feel so comfortable. i've never had an awkward moment there, and everyone else seems totally at ease too. not to mention the salespeople are usually hot *eeee wanders off*

Meg
01-21-2008, 09:49 AM
I recognise that inner monologue, but it always goes slightly different in my head. more like;
"so what kind would you like?"
condoms, condoms, condoms.. oooo, those look interesting! but.. they come in colours.. fluorescent pink, anyone? or what about those with the... oh what the hell, I can not be having this discussion with myself, while that woman behind the counter is staring at me like that.
"just the regular ones, thanks"

They've got allsorts of different ones. They have "novelty" ones now, with animal heads on and such [seen in a dispenser in a toilet]

I remember one day picking through my mum's bedside cabinet and finding "champagne flavoured" ones, and freaking out a bit :/

Sunny
01-21-2008, 09:50 AM
eee. champagne flavored peen = noooo.

JoY
01-21-2008, 09:52 AM
they have too many kinds! it's confusing! like, I try to imagine what sex's like with a rainbow coloured, strawberry-banana flavoured, ribbled piece of rubber going into my YOUKNOWWHAT & I'm already like; "uh, whatev, regular ones, please!"

Meg
01-21-2008, 09:53 AM
they have too many kinds! it's confusing! like, I try to imagine what sex's like with a rainbow coloured, strawberry-banana flavoured, ribbled piece of rubber going into my YOUKNOWWHAT & I'm already like; "uh, whatev, regular ones, please!"

That sounded almost like children's TV :S

I'm sure they've made glow in the dark ones too. Handy if your light doesn't work i suppose :p

Sunny
01-21-2008, 09:54 AM
tmi, but there's a kind that has little bumps all over it. do NOT attempt unless having sandpaper all up in your girlparts sounds like a good time to you.

major owwwww. seriously, WHO buys those things?

JoY
01-21-2008, 09:56 AM
I know, but hold on right there. that.. would FREAK me the HELL out. I know how to find the damn thing, it doesn't need to look like the product of an awful chemical experiment gone wrong.

T-6005
01-21-2008, 09:58 AM
tmi, but there's a kind that has little bumps all over it. do NOT attempt unless having sandpaper all up in your girlparts sounds like a good time to you.

major owwwww. seriously, WHO buys those things?
I've tried those. They're not comfortable on the other end either. You feel like the tree out of Evil Dead.

Not cool.

And Bella, in stores here they're just part of an aisle, so you can peruse at your leisure, then just bring it up to the register when your inner monologue implodes due to lack of logic.

Sunny
01-21-2008, 10:03 AM
bahahah. i don't get it, do some people have like... numb vags? that shit kills!

JoY
01-21-2008, 10:04 AM
oh.. *jeluz* dammit.

Rag Doll
01-21-2008, 10:05 AM

omg. yes.

though we bought a black condom one day for the lolz. then i got to be all like "omg, do me with your big black cock!" and giggle hysterically. o_O

JohnnyNemesis
01-21-2008, 10:06 AM
Ah, the evils of studded condoms. See, we get condoms for free here (alls you have to do is send an e-mail to the health ed office, and they put a huge package of assorted condoms in your mailbox, discreetly and everything), and sometimes they include those.

I still remember grabbing one, then me and my partner just staring at it for like, five minutes before bursting into uncontrollable laughter at the thought of even using one.

Ribbed condoms are fine, though.

JoY
01-21-2008, 10:09 AM
....Ricky, I don't want to sound rude, but.. I don't really trust your opinion on which condom would be fine inside my vag & which would feel like a porcupine crawled up there & prevent me from riding a bike the following week.

Sunny
01-21-2008, 10:18 AM
omg. yes.

though we bought a black condom one day for the lolz. then i got to be all like "omg, do me with your big black cock!" and giggle hysterically. o_O

rofl. was it the tuxedo one? i bought a few hoping it would be like... a little tuxedo-looking outfit with a painted on white bow tie and all. but it was just black.

omfg, i'm such a retard.

T-6005
01-21-2008, 10:24 AM
rofl. was it the tuxedo one? i bought a few hoping it would be like... a little tuxedo-looking outfit with a painted on white bow tie and all. but it was just black.

omfg, i'm such a retard.
I'm all for something normal looking, but I kind of want one with a bowtie now.

Sunny
01-21-2008, 10:25 AM
dude, nothing says "special occassion" like a little cock bowtie.

i was so disappointed.

Rag Doll
01-21-2008, 10:27 AM

omfg, i'm such a retard.

YES. and i had been hoping for some kind of bow tie also. yay for us retards ;p

T-6005
01-21-2008, 10:27 AM

i was so disappointed.
I just imagined that in the context of a prom night or something.

It's classy, alright.

nieh
01-21-2008, 10:42 AM
They have "novelty" ones now, with animal heads on and such

I'm just imagining condoms shaped like Winnie the Pooh's head at the end. I can't imagine those being good for anyone other than pedophiles.

Sunny
01-21-2008, 10:49 AM
omggg pedobear condoms would be so magical. and by magical i mean horribly wrong!

and i'm glad i'm not the only oddball who likes the idea of a bowtie! :D

JohnnyNemesis
01-21-2008, 12:22 PM
....Ricky, I don't want to sound rude, but.. I don't really trust your opinion on which condom would be fine inside my vag

I was talking about my penis.

EDIT: AS USUAL LOL AMIRITE? UPTOP BABY!

JoY
01-21-2008, 02:07 PM
I just imagined that in the context of a prom night or something.

It's classy, alright.

"hey, look what I got for the occasion!"
very classy.

i was so disappointed.

oh jesus that'd be so CUTE. I can see it now. little mister penis all dressed up to go in.

SOMEONE MAKE IT HAPPEN!

I was talking about my penis.

EDIT: AS USUAL LOL AMIRITE? UPTOP BABY!

psh, if it'd reach the Netherlands, then I'd be impressed. & possibly take it for a ride, but you know that.

JohnnyNemesis
01-21-2008, 02:11 PM
Ha! "Uptop" is actually my way of asking for a high five. But now I see how obvious the other meaning is, especially in this context, and I lawl at my own silliness. omg u r always welcom for a ryde lol.

Camel Filters
01-21-2008, 02:15 PM
I mean it wouldn't be a problem if he just wanted to be helpful. But that's not what this is about.

you have no idea what this is about so shut the fuck up.

JoY
01-21-2008, 02:15 PM
more like, ONTOP, lololololol!!111!!!!!!1

Nicole
01-21-2008, 02:34 PM
Any word on those vibrating condoms? I keep seeing them and thinking that could be an interesting experience but for the price of 2, you can buy 10 regular ones which comes in way more handy. When you're actually getting some.

calichix
01-21-2008, 07:31 PM
ew I would never buy condoms. today I had to buy Batman Forever. because it was 50 cents. it was embarrassiinnnnnnng.

khaaaaan
01-22-2008, 04:39 AM
I wish I could buy Batman condoms in Denmark:(

ruroken
01-22-2008, 10:20 AM
Does anyone use the biodegradable tampons? Um... why do they even make biodegradable tampons...?

Meg
01-22-2008, 10:26 AM
Biodegradable? Teh fuck? They kinda.....Fall apart like tissue paper when you flush them away anyway. Why would anyone want biodegradable ones?

Vera
01-22-2008, 10:39 AM
Dude, you don't flush tampons! They clog up the plumbing system. That's why they have rubbish cans in toilets..

JohnnyNemesis
01-22-2008, 10:40 AM
Even I know that you're not supposed to flush tampons. They fuck them there toilets up.

I live on a college campus. It's happened.

Meg
01-22-2008, 10:41 AM
Yes you do. Just not the applicator. If you use ones with applicators that is

Sunny
01-22-2008, 10:45 AM
dude, you are not supposed to flush tampons. they expand like whoa and clog up the pipes!

JohnnyNemesis
01-22-2008, 10:48 AM
You still get your period?

EDIT: I'm kidding. Calm down.

Sunny
01-22-2008, 10:57 AM
i know most tampons are bleached, and that's probably not too great for you. as for the blood part, i believe if you change them frequently enough, there are no health risks. if you leave them in too long, you might develop TSS.. but it's pretty rare.

a divacup is a much much better solution though. *shrugs*

Llamas
01-22-2008, 11:03 AM
I prefer not to use tampons. I actually find them more uncomfortable, and yeah the thought of them doesn't seem too healthy to me. I use them if there's no other option, but I prefer not to. But wtf, no way, you're not supposed to flush them. I thought everyone knew that.

Little_Miss_1565
01-22-2008, 11:59 AM
a divacup is a much much better solution though. *shrugs*

Funny cuz it's true.

Sunny
01-22-2008, 12:07 PM
yep.

i can't deal with pads. they gross the helllll out of me. like, menstrual cups can get messy, but not pads-style messy.

Little_Miss_1565
01-22-2008, 12:08 PM
Pads are so fucking gross I can't take it.

Jakebert
01-22-2008, 12:08 PM
I should have never opened this thread.

Sunny
01-22-2008, 12:12 PM
i'm glad i'm not the only person who's deeply upset by pads. auuuuugh. i think "always" just launched a line of pads that come with little baby wipes and they're like "always fresh! always clean!". no thanks, that doesn't make the experience any better.

Llamas
01-22-2008, 12:21 PM
haha. Pads are nasty if you don't take care of yourself and keep up on stuff. One can't deny that pads are messier to take care of, but I stay on top of things. It's better to me than the occasion when a tampon leaks, and the discomfort. I might be the only person who finds them uncomfortable, but for me they just are. I also don't like to have to worry about leaving it in too long and having problems. I also fear not finding the string or something stupid, haha.

Vera
01-22-2008, 12:22 PM
Yes you do. Just not the applicator. If you use ones with applicators that is

Sorry but nope, all of the female hygiene products go in the bin, not the toilet.

Jakebert - prnk on you.

killer_queen
01-22-2008, 03:06 PM
Tampons are very rare here. Women who are not married are scared of losing their virginity with tampons that's why most of the stores don't have any. Well, even if I could find some I don't know how to use so, pads are fine for now.

T-6005
01-22-2008, 03:31 PM
I kind of enjoyed this thread.

Not in an "uhhh uhhh I love period talks" way, but I don't know. I live with three girls, so that's less of a deal. I enjoyed the condom talk, though.

Sunny
01-22-2008, 06:39 PM
haha. Pads are nasty if you don't take care of yourself and keep up on stuff. One can't deny that pads are messier to take care of, but I stay on top of things.

ha. i dunno about that. first of all, tmi, but the sensation of wearing a pad is just so awful to me. tampons you can actually forget about (if they're in right)second of all, the only way pads wouldn't be nasty to me if i washed myself every 15 minutes. if not more often.

*shudder*

Scizor me timbersss
01-22-2008, 07:31 PM
I like tampons. They keep bad things from happening. Like when this girl at my school forgot one i guess and decided to bleed herself..

JohnnyNemesis
01-22-2008, 07:34 PM
I remember this girl in high school had a problem. She wore sweatpants that day. She left blood on every seat she sat in, and no one bothered telling her that she was leakin'.

Everyone laughed, but I felt really bad for her. Of course, I didn't tell her either, 'cause she hated me.

Scizor me timbersss
01-22-2008, 07:37 PM
That is embarrassing. Sounds like something that would happen in a teen movie. Bleed in everyone's chairs.

Shit Eater!!!
01-22-2008, 07:40 PM
Thank the lord for manpons!!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3ukdZoU-04)

Scizor me timbersss
01-22-2008, 07:44 PM
Haha, i need some of those for real.

Rag Doll
01-23-2008, 09:11 AM
having a whole 'nother uterus and cervix makes the whole use of a tampon or divacup pretty impossible =(.

*stares daggers at all those who are able to use such things*

i hate pads =(

calichix
01-23-2008, 10:34 AM
it really breaks my heart that tuxedo condoms are.. just black. :[ I think everyone assumes they've got bowties. if they don't, they have a serious spunk deficiency.

those really thin pads are a good back up if you feel like wearing nice underwear. omg divacup *vomits uncontrollably* oh god. sick.

Camel Filters
01-25-2008, 06:31 PM
What's the difference between tampons and pads?

the_offsprings_monkey
01-25-2008, 06:32 PM
What's the difference between tampons and pads?

I love you, seriously, I do!

Camel Filters
01-25-2008, 06:34 PM
I love you, seriously, I do!

ok, when's our wedding going to be?

Tomboy Powerhead
01-26-2008, 02:54 AM
Guys, thank you verry much! It's a great idea! Next time I need to get rid of a boyfriend that I don't like (yes, it's often like that. I just really feel crappy for those idiots, who are blind enough to like me :D ) I'll just tell him to buy me tampons :D If THAT doesn't revolt the guy, than nothing can (noridthistime,yaknow) ! :D Thanks again! I'm 99% that it'll work.