PDA

View Full Version : root canal

Camel Filters
01-22-2008, 03:02 PM
So I went to the Dentist today and my teeth are horrible. This was the first time I went to the Dentist in like 2 in a half years. So yea, I have to get a root canal and I'm not looking forward to that. Has anyone ever had a painful experience with the Dentist?

Markus
01-22-2008, 03:05 PM
Did the dentist tell you to lay off smoking the weed cuz its rotting your teeth?

Camel Filters
01-22-2008, 03:08 PM
no but she told me that I need to start brushing and flossing better.

Markus
01-22-2008, 03:11 PM
On a scale from One to Ten how hot is she?

if she is a 2 or above, u should call her up and ask her to come over and help u brush and jerk off.

Camel Filters
01-22-2008, 03:13 PM
She's a 7 and I'm already taken so I don't need anyone else to jerk me off.

Markus
01-22-2008, 03:16 PM
What do you rate your Girlfriend on a scale from ONE to TEN.

Camel Filters
01-22-2008, 03:18 PM
I rate her a 7 1/2. But this isn't about how hot other women are. It's about painful dentist experiances. So lets stay on topic.

Markus
01-22-2008, 03:21 PM
one time I got an x-ray at the dentist, it hurt my eyes cuz the rays were bright.

khaaaaan
01-22-2008, 03:32 PM
A root canal is probably one of the worst pains I've ever felt. And I've had a hole in the head on three different occasions. Sucks to be you.

Camel Filters
01-22-2008, 03:42 PM
Sucks to be you.

no, actually it sucks to be my teeth.

Harnum
01-22-2008, 03:49 PM
I have this one horrible tooth that is cracked in half in the back of my mouth. I think it's slowly rotting and I'm gonna have to get it pulled. Yay tooth rot! :o

khaaaaan
01-22-2008, 04:01 PM
no, actually it sucks to be my teeth.

No, I'm pretty sure it sucks to be you. You're the one who's gonna feel the pain. Not your teeth. They're just bone. No feeling in bone.

Camel Filters
01-22-2008, 04:03 PM
No feeling in bone.

what about the funny bone?

khaaaaan
01-22-2008, 04:05 PM
Except the funny bone. Bringing such a bone to my memory, come to think of it, I haven't had a funny bone incident in years. Probably a part of growing up:]

Harnum
01-22-2008, 04:08 PM
Except the funny bone. Bringing such a bone to my memory, come to think of it, I haven't had a funny bone incident in years. Probably a part of growing up:]
I have. I've hit it so hard that my whole arm felt like it was on fire. Ouch.

Also, isn't the funny bone not a bone at all? I thought it was a nerve.

EDIT: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Funny_bone

khaaaaan
01-22-2008, 04:12 PM
With out even reading the wiki I can tell that for sure the funny bone is as much a bone as bone I have that can grow... like... several inches in a matter of seconds.

Camel Filters
01-22-2008, 04:15 PM
I have. I've hit it so hard that my whole arm felt like it was on fire. Ouch.

Also, isn't the funny bone not a bone at all? I thought it was a nerve.

EDIT: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Funny_bone

Then why don't they just call it the funny nerve?

Harnum
01-22-2008, 04:17 PM
Not sure. I guess it has to do with when you smash your elbow and then the nerve goes off. As a result, some people must've thought it was the bone making the feeling. Hence, the funny bone?

Wow, this is how totally false stories start.

T-6005
01-22-2008, 04:29 PM
Hate going to the dentist. Got my wisdom teeth taken out a while back and it was ridiculously painful. It was an absolutely horrible experience.

Wolfbutter
01-22-2008, 04:40 PM
its been pretty much made a standard in america (or anywhere else i dont know what people think there) to go every six months. this is bullshit i think. i brush twice a day and i never ever floss and my teeth are fine. why should i need them to clean my teeth? i mean sure its good to go once in a while but once every six months is annoying. especially when you have to go to the orthodontist at the same time >_<

WebDudette
01-22-2008, 04:42 PM
I'm sure this isn't good but I have only been once that I can remember. But, my teeth are in great condition, straight, whiteish, strong.

Wolfbutter
01-22-2008, 04:43 PM
youve only been there ONCE? WTF? why cant i have parents like yours?

Harnum
01-22-2008, 04:45 PM
i mean sure its good to go once in a while but once every six months is annoying. especially when you have to go to the orthodontist at the same time >_<
How is 6 months not 'once in a while'? Do you consider 6 months to be too short?

"It was only half a year ago that I was here, geez." lawlz.

Wolfbutter
01-22-2008, 04:48 PM
because the dentist is painful for me. it is soooo awful when they blast your teeth with that...blaster thing. why cant they make it peaceful instead? why must they blast me?

Camel Filters
01-22-2008, 04:49 PM
"It was only half a year ago that I was here, geez." lawlz.

lmfao................

Harnum
01-22-2008, 04:53 PM
because the dentist is painful for me. it is soooo awful when they blast your teeth with that...blaster thing. why cant they make it peaceful instead? why must they blast me?
But still, one day of pain every six months. It beats having pain in your teeth every day for six months because of poor oral hygiene.

Wolfbutter
01-22-2008, 04:53 PM
but thats just it. i DONT have poor oral hygene.

Harnum
01-22-2008, 04:59 PM
Congratulations on not getting what I said.

I meant that if you never went once every 6 months, you might not care as much about your oral hygiene (this might/might not be true) and the pain could be a whole lot worse in the long run than the one day of pain you have to go through at the dentist.

Wolfbutter
01-22-2008, 05:01 PM
that depends on the person. if someone is too stupid to brush their teeth twice a day then they deserve their teeth to rot. its also fucking disgusting and it makes your breath smell.

batfish
01-23-2008, 08:37 AM
I've had teeth pulled out because they interfered with braces. I didn't mind the pulling-out so much as they were only milk teeth, I cared more about the dentist being patronising.
"Just having a look around with this mirror and stick"
"Just ..er.. having another look with these pliars"
Then yank.

Sunny
01-23-2008, 08:57 AM
i had root canal a couple of years ago. it wasn't too awful. by far, my most painful experience was a cosmetic dental procedure (i had gaps in my teeth, wanted them gone). omfg i was miserable for like... 10 days after.

i hate dentists, but i'm not too worried going in for checkups, cause i brush and waterpik my teeth obsessively (waterpik > flossing, btw).

one thing i hate about my teeth is the residual oversensitivity from the aforementioned procedure... and how sensitive they get after whitening.

O WELLS.