PDA

View Full Version : Heath Ledger is dead!

Revolver-2005?
01-22-2008, 02:41 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/Movies/01/22/heath.ledger.dead/index.html

WebDudette
01-22-2008, 02:42 PM
Well, uhh, that sucks. I think I actually liked him in a couple movies.

The way the thread is titled makes me think that you and Heath had an epic battle and now you have come back to announce your victory...

Little_Miss_1565
01-22-2008, 02:42 PM
TMZ says it was a probably suicide, and in Mary Kate Olsen's apartment.

JohnnyNemesis
01-22-2008, 02:49 PM
Meh, fuck 'im.

Seriously though, this is genuinely unfortunate. He was damn young and smack dab in the middle of his (possibly promising?) career. Really too bad.

Harnum
01-22-2008, 02:51 PM
I looked it up on wiki and it said he died near a bottle of pills. His masseuse found him lying in his bed non-responsive.

But then again, wiki is such a good choice for all the factual information.

mrconeman
01-22-2008, 02:59 PM
Well that kinda sucks.
Especially since yesterday I was explaining why he's such a terrible actor to a bunch of people...oh well. :(

Homer
01-22-2008, 03:05 PM
So the death pool begins!

Autonomist
01-22-2008, 03:36 PM
He was good in Two Hands and Ned Kelly. :(

Fucking hell, this is gonna be a big one. As one of Australia's primary exports, this is pretty much the biggest deal a celebrity death can be falling short of Nicole Kidman, Hugh Jackman or Russell Crowe, at least as far as film actors go. No doubt they'll dedicate The Dark Knight to him now.

BREAK
01-22-2008, 04:39 PM
I'm more sad about Brad Renfro dying last week.

Jakebert
01-22-2008, 05:10 PM
Cause of death: Batman.

jacknife737
01-22-2008, 05:26 PM
It's probably best that he went out with the Dark Knight (which based on the trailers looks amazing) then some cheesy romantic comedy.

Autonomist
01-22-2008, 05:29 PM
Attached was suicide note - "10 Things I Hate About Myself."

RickyCrack
01-22-2008, 05:32 PM
God damnit, now there will never be a "Knights Tale 2" god fucvking dammnit!

Nicole
01-22-2008, 05:40 PM
That really sucks. I liked "Two Hands" a lot.

Anybody else see "Candy" where he played the role of the heroin junkie? They even got high at their wedding. Good movie but totally depressing.

ready_set_fail
01-22-2008, 06:26 PM
he was also really good in The Patriot...

JohnnyNemesis
01-22-2008, 06:37 PM
I'm truly and honestly shocked that anyone gives a shit. There are about a million "omg Heath RIP!!!" status messages on my AIM and Facebook friends lists. I had no idea he was so relevant.

WebDudette
01-22-2008, 06:38 PM
I suggest your remove those people.

Scizor me timbersss
01-22-2008, 06:42 PM
http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2005/12/08/brokeback_mountain_wideweb__470x299.jpg

LOL

Shit Eater!!!
01-22-2008, 06:49 PM
http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2005/12/08/brokeback_mountain_wideweb__470x299.jpg

LOL

hahahahha ur funnie

Scizor me timbersss
01-22-2008, 06:53 PM
Tanks Mayne

So you like to eat shit? How do you like it? Runny, soft, green, hard as a rock like its been sitting in a toilet with no water for millions of years.....

Shit Eater!!!
01-22-2008, 07:03 PM
Tanks Mayne

So you like to eat shit? How do you like it? Runny, soft, green, hard as a rock like its been sitting in a toilet with no water for millions of years.....

Duuude! I like it anyway I can get it.

It's free, too! Not to mention fills ya up nicely. It really is a wholesome meal!

Scizor me timbersss
01-22-2008, 07:05 PM
Actually, they just found out that Heath overdosed on shit.

who knew..

Shit Eater!!!
01-22-2008, 07:06 PM
Dayuum !

Autonomist
01-22-2008, 07:20 PM
I'm definitely not enjoying the latest influx of worthlessness.

Scizor me timbersss
01-22-2008, 07:21 PM
neither is your mother

Shit Eater!!!
01-22-2008, 07:23 PM
buuuuuuuuuuuuurn!

Scizor me timbersss
01-22-2008, 07:25 PM
http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/woj/pics/burned.gif

WebDudette
01-22-2008, 10:52 PM
http://www.godhatesfags.com/

Look under "WBC plans to picket Ledgers funeral."

Mota Boy
01-22-2008, 11:40 PM
I'm truly and honestly shocked that anyone gives a shit. There are about a million "omg Heath RIP!!!" status messages on my AIM and Facebook friends lists. I had no idea he was so relevant. In an age where the minutia of celebrity life is updated in real time across the internet, people feel more connected to them. Hell, I'm willing to bet a lot of people know more about Heath Ledger (at least, his external world) than they do about a great deal of the people they consider friends. After reading his obituary I can tell you more of what he's done in the past few years than most of the people with whom I went to high school. This is combined with the fact that, due to his celebrity status, everyone knows him, or at least of him, so it is, in a sense, a communal tragedy to which we can all relate on a scale different than if, say, your second cousin kicked the bucket. Plus, he was young and attractive, which helps make the death tragic, so people feel they have to respond somehow. It's odd to see two different forms of peer pressure at work, though - the socially-mandated respect for the dead among a certain group of people on one hand (my uninformed hunch is that this group is largely composed of chicks), and the internet-mandated suspicion of emotional displays on the other, which ends up becoming a competition to see who can offend the most or care the least (my uninformed hunch is that this group is largely composed of dudes).

Personally, I think it's always unfortunate when someone young/talented dies, and I suppose I could work myself up to care on a personal level if I wanted to, but I didn't know the guy and I don't want to waste the energy. I'll have to say that the motherfucker managed to earn my respect off of the Dark Knight trailer though, which is pretty damned impressive. I hope his performance in the movie lives up to it.

mrconeman
01-23-2008, 12:24 AM
Learning that he had like a 2 year old daughter it was really makes this suck though.
But Mota Boy, as usual makes perfect sense about the whole deal.
also:

I wouldn't give those scum bags another hit on their website if I was being paid to do so.

Denial, Revisited
01-23-2008, 12:41 AM
It's such a loss for Australia (and the rest of the world of course), but he was one of our biggest names in the film industry.

My thoughts are with his poor family, what a truly tragic loss. :(

Autonomist
01-23-2008, 12:57 AM
I wouldn't give those scum bags another hit on their website if I was being paid to do so.

Yeah, that God hating the Irish thing kinda got to me as well.

Denial, Revisited
01-23-2008, 01:58 AM
Yeah, that God hating the Irish thing kinda got to me as well.

Hmm yeah what a garbage site... It's amazing to see how tiny some minds actually are.

Deluded wankers lol

Nicole
01-23-2008, 05:50 AM
So I read this on the BBS this morning and I haven't stopped hearing about it all damn day. It's huge news over here in Perth because that's where Heath Ledger is from and goddamn, I get tired of this country going on and on about the few claims to fame that we have internationally. He's from Perth. He's from Australia. We get it!

Just need to vent at the local media, it seems he's from here seems as important as the fact that he's dead.

Looking forward to hearing a clear account of what happened because it seems a bit all over the place. I've heard they found him dead, that they found him alive and then he died and all sorts of claims that contradict.

nieh
01-23-2008, 06:02 AM
I heard he died in one of the Olsen twins' apartments, but then I heard that wasn't true. I don't know what to believe.

Superdope
01-23-2008, 06:29 AM
This really sucks. He had such a promising career in front of him. The few movies he did make, I enjoyed most of them, and as it has been said before, the Dark Knight trailer looks amazing. may he rest in peace.

Harnum
01-23-2008, 06:35 AM

That's just horrible. The man dies and people picket his FUNERAL because of a part he had to play in a movie. These people are heartless.

nieh
01-23-2008, 06:45 AM
I like how right underneath the Heath Ledger thing it says something about picketing a dead baby's funeral.

T-6005
01-23-2008, 06:45 AM
I heard he was apparently found near sleeping pills, and that made me think that the last thing I'd heard about him was that he developed insomnia practicing for the role of the Joker.

Harnum
01-23-2008, 06:50 AM
I like how right underneath the Heath Ledger thing it says something about picketing a dead baby's funeral.
Wow, that's taking it to a whole other extreme? A BABY?! Come on now...

Jakebert
01-23-2008, 09:15 AM
I remember when one of their spokespeople was on Hannity and Colmes. When Hannity is actually the sanest person in the argument, you know the other person has to be fucked up.

offspringer24
01-23-2008, 09:15 AM
just had to write on this thread, such a fine actor... such a shame! :(

Jakebert
01-23-2008, 09:24 AM
I'm actually kind of annoyed by the reaction, to be honest. It's reaching Anna Nicole Smith levels here, to the point where I kind of want to seclude myself off from society until all of the coverage of this finally ends.

Little_Miss_1565
01-23-2008, 09:46 AM
I'm actually kind of annoyed by the reaction, to be honest. It's reaching Anna Nicole Smith levels here, to the point where I kind of want to seclude myself off from society until all of the coverage of this finally ends.

God, it's like that everywhere? My office is near where he was found and it's insane.

Sunny
01-23-2008, 10:51 AM
fuck heath ledger, my dog died today. i don't have it in me to be too upset about the former.

although of course i feel bad for his family and all that.

Anya82
01-23-2008, 11:02 AM
i read that thing abouthim found dead near the pills. But also read that he had an appointment for a massage. And I think "if someone wants to commit suicide.. why making appointments for anything?"
i mean, when someone suicides, it is not something you just thought for a minute and did it... I think the idea is in the head of the person for a while.
Too bad he died, i liked him. And i think he's career was improving.

Sunny, I'm so sorry for your loss. It feels terrible when a pet dies. I remember I cried a lot when my dear good ol' Niky died :( DAMN! I still feel sad when i remember that.... :(
awww! my Niky! he was such a cute, adorable, loyal, amazing dog! </3 :(

Jakebert
01-23-2008, 11:19 AM
God, it's like that everywhere? My office is near where he was found and it's insane.

Unfortunatly, yes. I got quite a few text messages last night when then ews broke.

JoY
01-23-2008, 11:23 AM
I don't know why exactly, but this fucking sucks. I loved Ten Things I Hate About You.

edit: Sunny, so sorry about that. :[ that's a whole lot of suck.

Llamas
01-23-2008, 11:39 AM
fuck heath ledger, my dog died today.
awwww :( which one? How'd it die? That's so sad. :(

Sunny
01-23-2008, 11:46 AM
my irish wolfhound back home. snoopy. 14 years old. his hind legs were paralyzed and he fell down all the time and was too scared to go down the stairs. vet said nothing can be done, so he was put to sleep. he passed away with a chocolate chip cookie in his mouth. and i'm crying like a mother fucker typing this.

sry heath ledger for stealing the spotlight.

Vera
01-23-2008, 11:51 AM
The media craze hasn't exactly reached Finland but I did find a ton of posts about it on my livejournal flist when I checked this evening. Even people complaining about other people posting so much about it.

I understand both the sad reactions and the "Oh just STFU already!" reactions.

With that said, I feel much worse about Sunny's dog as I've lost two pets myself (one died of age, another one had an accident) and it's always terrible. And of course this celebrity death pales in comparison completely when another tragedy is closer to you. Completely understandable. A livejournal friend of mine was going to her grandma's funeral and she was all "Fuck Heath Ledger!" and I totally understand that.

edit: I just realized how ridiculous and somewhat jaded that sounds "I care more for my friend's dog than a dead person" but whatever, at least I'm not like the people making really brainless jokes about the death on various internet places.

Llamas
01-23-2008, 11:52 AM
:( It's so ridiculous how hard it is when a pet dies, it's hard to believe. But especially when it's one you've known most of your life... man. *hug*

edit: I also feel worse about Sunny's dog than about Heath Ledger.

JoY
01-23-2008, 12:00 PM
my irish wolfhound back home. snoopy. 14 years old. his hind legs were paralyzed and he fell down all the time and was too scared to go down the stairs. vet said nothing can be done, so he was put to sleep. he passed away with a chocolate chip cookie in his mouth. and i'm crying like a mother fucker typing this.

sry heath ledger for stealing the spotlight.

oh Sunny, that's terrible.:( we had a labrador with the same thing. it's hard to watch, so fucking sad.. it's weird how much it can actually break your heart to have a pet die, but as a total sucker for dogs, I totally get it. I've had other pets, but nothing was ever more heartbreaking than when one of our doggies died. it almost gives me the sniffles all over again. I hope you are alright, chika, & getting lots & lots of cuddles.

RickyCrack
01-23-2008, 12:04 PM
so who had jan 22nd in the heath ledger pool?

Anya82
01-23-2008, 12:21 PM
OMG, Sunny. At least he passed away with a delicious treat.
Even if this sounds ridiculous, but: I think i will never fully recover from the loss of my Niky. Because I was in Tijuana, and my family (and dog) in Mexicali (my hometown). They had to put him to sleep cause he was very sick, and eventhough my family took him to the vet and.. [fuck.. i'm feeling like i want to cry right now].... tried to save him, there's nothing to be done, and they decided to put him to sleep.
I say I might never recover cause I wasn't there.. I couldn't even say my last "goodbye, you're a good dog".
I DO remember the last time I saw him, when I was leaving my parents home, and told him "be a good boy, I'll see you when i come back visit"

OMG... I really feel like crying right now.:(

T-6005
01-23-2008, 01:09 PM
Sucks about all the pets. I had a cat that was bitten by a snake. It would have been better if we'd never found her.

calichix
01-23-2008, 01:36 PM
aw, honey. :[ so have you had him more than half of your life or did you adopt him? puppydogs are such family members when they're that old. aw. I wish I could make you a get well soon cuppanoodle or something.

Little_Miss_1565
01-23-2008, 02:14 PM
fuck heath ledger, my dog died today. i don't have it in me to be too upset about the former.

although of course i feel bad for his family and all that.

xoxo i wuv you.

leo3375
01-23-2008, 02:20 PM
Back on topic: sad to say that the best source for news on this is Perez Hilton. He's been good about keeping up on it. Obviously there is some sensationalizing right now but hopefully people can back off a bit until the toxicology results are found.

And Fred Phelps makes me very, very angry! Talk about hypocrisy—Jesus taught tolerance and the Bible even says "Judge not lest ye be judged." But I know there's this whole "free speech" thing. And hey, you have every right to say whatever you damn well please, but at least show some form of respect to the guy's family and friends! Here's someone who was a kind, loving person and doting father, taken too soon, and all these whack jobs can focus on is a fictional character he played?! Hey, here's a solution: keep your mouths shut and don't see the movie in question! It's that simple! My mother taught me that if I can't say anything nice, I shouldn't say anything at all. Maybe these people should do just that.

But I feel horrible for Heath's 2-year-old daughter. She'll never get to know her father and will only have photos and his movies to know who he was.