PDA

View Full Version : Cake

Camel Filters
01-23-2008, 01:42 PM
I made a lemon cake a couple days ago and it is so tasty. What's your favorite kind of cake?

GreenTerror
01-23-2008, 01:52 PM
A while ago I bought this Orange "Crush" cake at Wal-Mart. You know, like the Crush soda. It was basically incredible, but I love anything and everything that tastes like oranges. But cake?!! srsly wtf <3

JohnnyNemesis
01-23-2008, 01:58 PM
I need your arms around me,
I need to feel your touch.

I need your understanding,
I need your love so much.

You tell me that you love me so,
You tell me that you care,
But when I need you,
(Baby) Baby (You're never there).

On the phone long, long distance,
Always through such strong resistance,
And first you say your to busy,
I wonder if you even miss me.

Never there,
You're never there,
You're never, ever, ever, ever there.
(Hey!)

A golden bird that flies away,
A candle stickled flame, (Hey!)
To think I held you yesterday,
Your love was just a game.

But when I need you, (baby)
Baby...

Take the time to get to know me,
If you want me why can't you just show me,
We're always on this roller coaster,
If you want me why don't you get closer.

Camel Filters
01-23-2008, 02:03 PM
That's a good song but if I was talking about the Band "cake" then I would have posted this in the other band forum.

JohnnyNemesis
01-23-2008, 02:09 PM
I know what you were...but you see...'cause...

...okay.

Anyway, I'm glad you made this thread because last month, my friend took me out for lunch at this fancy place on 65th street in Manhattan. The meal was pretty decent, but the dessert was the BEST FUCKING SLICE OF CHEESECAKE I'VE EVER HAD.

It was a Raspberry Sour Cream Cheesecake. The sour cream part was a total lie because it wasn't in there/noticeable/traceable by any means. It had an amazing raspberry glaze and was of course served with raspberry. Oh man. I want. Now. Me want. Now. Now. NOW.

Lodat225
01-23-2008, 02:13 PM
I hate these threads...

Camel Filters
01-23-2008, 02:13 PM
Then stay out of them.

GreenTerror
01-23-2008, 02:14 PM
Anyway, I'm glad you made this thread because last month, my friend took me out for lunch at this fancy place on 65th street in Manhattan. The meal was pretty decent, but the dessert was the BEST FUCKING SLICE OF CHEESECAKE I'VE EVER HAD.

It was a Raspberry Sour Cream Cheesecake. The sour cream part was a total lie because it wasn't in there/noticeable/traceable by any means. It had an amazing raspberry glaze and was of course served with raspberry. Oh man. I want. Now. Me want. Now. Now. NOW.

Oh dear, that sounds godly. I absolutely love cheesecake, yet I don't eat it as much as I should:( . I like it either plain, or with some kind of raspberry nonsense on it like what you had. Chocolate or anything else I've tried isn't nearly as good. Then again, I generally dislike chocolate in large quantities, like chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. Makes my tummy hate me.

JohnnyNemesis
01-23-2008, 03:34 PM
I generally hate chocolate. I only eat it in candy bars, and chocolate ice cream is among the most disgusting things ever invented.

As far as cheesecake goes, I love strawberry cheescake, cherry cheesecake, etc. That raspberry cheesecake was the best thing I ever had, though.

Meg
01-23-2008, 03:54 PM
The kind that hit you in the face and give you concussion.

WebDudette
01-23-2008, 04:06 PM
Cheese Cake is godly. I don't like many forms of dessert but I will eat and entrie chees cake.

Meg
01-23-2008, 04:08 PM
I'm actually quite good at making cheesecake myself. Usually lemon and lime. Which most people think sounds disgusting, but then actually end up liking.

GreenTerror
01-23-2008, 04:11 PM
Lemon lime cheesecake? That does sound kinda strange. But hell, I'd definitely be willing to try it. It sounds like it could be tastey.

Meg
01-23-2008, 04:14 PM
Digestive biscuits as a base with melted butter, Whipped double cream and philadelphia as the creamy bit, with added sugar and the juice from lemons and limes. Sometimes strawberries if I feel like it.

That's about it.

Sunny
01-23-2008, 05:40 PM
lemon cream cake, strawberry cake, cheesecake (either junior's, my mom's or my own). and mind you, i make superbadass cheesecake with sour cream topping (which, as ricky noted, tastes nothing like sour cream). or fluffy lemon cheesecake.

i'm not huge on chocolate cake, but texas sheet cake my mens makes is unbelievably delicious. cinnamony chocolate goodness. mmmmhm.

Lodat225
01-23-2008, 08:25 PM
Then stay out of them.

It's alright. I rather do something worthless when I'm on this computer than something productive.

Llamas
01-23-2008, 08:25 PM
Pie >>>> Cake.

Also, I approve of Ricky's first post in this thread.

That is all.

Sunny
01-23-2008, 08:36 PM
i LOVE pie. oooomg. it's one of my favorite things about America (the concept of pie is pretty much nonexistent where i come from).

apple, cherry, blueberry, key lime, lemon meringue, pumpkin, malted chocolate... i don't care. ITS ALL GOOD.

Mota Boy
01-23-2008, 08:38 PM
the BEST FUCKING SLICE OF CHEESECAKE I'VE EVER HAD.Oh man, I finally found a place here that makes a pretty damn good slice of cheesecake. It makes me happy and it knocks another thing off my long-term craving list.

My mom (and my grandmother before her) makes a caramel cake for every birthday. And so, caramel cake goes back to my earliest childhood memories of birthdays. You can probably guess what my favorite cake is.

Nicole
01-23-2008, 08:47 PM
Cheesecake or Mudcake are the only cakes that get me excited. I'm just not much of a cake person. The best cake I ever had was the Treasure cake from the Cheesecake Shop, which was the mudcake with profita rolls on top of it coated with more chocolate. Total genius.

Denial, Revisited
01-23-2008, 08:55 PM
Cheesecake ftw!

Mudcake from the Cheesecake shop....

or if you want to get a major sugar hit... the double chocolate strawberry torte from the Cheesecake shop :o

Nicole
01-23-2008, 09:00 PM
Another Cheesecake Shop fan. Dude, be my friend?

Denial, Revisited
01-23-2008, 09:05 PM
Another Cheesecake Shop fan. Dude, be my friend?

*high fives*
Haha its the only place for cake! mmmmm :D

lol I've got a mudcake and strawberry cheesecake in the fridge right now...!

JohnnyNemesis
01-23-2008, 09:06 PM

I <3 you and appreciate that.

However! I cannot be okay with this:

Pie >>>> Cake.

I no likey pie :(

Oh man, I finally found a place here that makes a pretty damn good slice of cheesecake.

I envy you for having somewhere you can go regularly for good cheesecake. I have no such thing.

Sidewinder
01-23-2008, 09:07 PM
chocolate ice cream is among the most disgusting things ever invented.

I demand a high-five.

I fucking love cheesecake, but it's ungodly unhealthy so I hardly ever have it. Stupid diet :(

JohnnyNemesis
01-23-2008, 09:15 PM
I demand a high-five.

I'll give you one in the Man Thread.

Nicole
01-23-2008, 09:23 PM
*high fives*
Haha its the only place for cake! mmmmm :D

lol I've got a mudcake and strawberry cheesecake in the fridge right now...!

I'll be right over!

I wasn't even thinking about it before but I'm SO hitting up the Cheesecake shop when I get to Adelaide, they have them in Perth too but I don't have any time to drive up there and buying one here would just be pointless cause they take a long time to get through.

Denial, Revisited
01-23-2008, 09:37 PM
I'll be right over!

I wasn't even thinking about it before but I'm SO hitting up the Cheesecake shop when I get to Adelaide, they have them in Perth too but I don't have any time to drive up there and buying one here would just be pointless cause they take a long time to get through.

Haha I'll get out the plates and put the kettle on!

Sunny
01-24-2008, 06:08 AM
I envy you for having somewhere you can go regularly for good cheesecake. I have no such thing.

aren't you moving back to the n-y-c sometime soon? JUNIORS JUNIORS EVERYWHERE!

cheesecake factory is not half bad either.

Nina
01-24-2008, 06:18 AM
I love cake a lot more than pie. I just love whipped cream. I always mix up cake/pie though.
My favorite pie is swedish almond pie. I discovered it at IKEA but they also have it at German supermarkets. God. <3
My favorite cake is, um, any. I really want cake now.
I once made a molehill-shaped banana-whipped cream cake. THAT was good.

Denial, Revisited
01-24-2008, 06:25 AM
I love cake a lot more than pie. I just love whipped cream. I always mix up cake/pie though.
My favorite pie is swedish almond pie. I discovered it at IKEA but they also have it at German supermarkets. God. <3
My favorite cake is, um, any. I really want cake now.
I once made a molehill-shaped banana-whipped cream cake. THAT was good.

Haha rock on IKEA! Rep-re-sent :cool:

JohnnyNemesis
01-24-2008, 07:20 AM
aren't you moving back to the n-y-c sometime soon? JUNIORS JUNIORS EVERYWHERE!

That's the plan, anyways. We'll see. Mmf, Juniors. MMF.

JoY
01-24-2008, 01:41 PM
I need your arms around me,
I need to feel your touch.

I need your understanding,
I need your love so much.

But when I need you,
(Baby) Baby (You're never there).

On the phone long, long distance,
Always through such strong resistance,
And first you say your to busy,
I wonder if you even miss me.

Never there,
You're never there,
You're never, ever, ever, ever there.
(Hey!)

A golden bird that flies away,
A candle stickled flame, (Hey!)
To think I held you yesterday,
Your love was just a game.

But when I need you, (baby)
Baby...

Take the time to get to know me,
If you want me why can't you just show me,
We're always on this roller coaster,
If you want me why don't you get closer.

I love that song so fucking much.<3

Nineteen Seventy Nine
01-24-2008, 01:46 PM
Pie >>>> Cake.

That is all.

That's thread. I was going to make a very, very similar post, except with less "greater than" signs.

Point: Pie is the greatest food/dessert ever. Cake isn't bad, but I hate frosting.

WebDudette
01-24-2008, 10:34 PM
The good cakes are omgomgomg good, but then there are a lot I don't like. Where as almost all pie is good but not as good as higher up cakes.

Cake >or= pie.

Rag Doll
01-24-2008, 10:39 PM

i quite like cheesecake factory. and their drink. menu is pretty sweet too.

why have i never heard of juniors?

Camel Filters
01-25-2008, 03:38 PM
Cake >or= pie.

I think that on March 14th I'm going to revive my pie thread that I made last year.

Sunny
01-25-2008, 04:20 PM
i quite like cheesecake factory. and their drink. menu is pretty sweet too.

why have i never heard of juniors?

it's a brooklyn based company and i'm not sure if they sell cheesecakes outside of the 5 boroughs... but anyway, they have a couple of restaurants in the city (there's one in grand central). the cheesecake... omg. i have no words. if having an orgasm magically took the form of a pastry, it would be juniors cheesecake. the chocolate mousse kind... omfg.

JohnnyNemesis
01-25-2008, 05:17 PM
They're an NYC exclusive, so naw, they don't sell outside of the 5 boroughs. They do get lots of people travelling to NYC just to get some though.

IamSam
01-25-2008, 05:42 PM
I guess this is as good a place as any to do my first post: I find cheesecake to die for. There is this place in grand central that had an orange raspberry cheesecake that almost sent me in to a catatonic fit.

Also, my mother makes a chocolate mocha cheese cake with an oreo crust that is to die for.

Sunny
01-25-2008, 06:32 PM
oh man. a few days ago my mens brought me a small junior's cheesecake with a strawberry swirl. for no reason. i was like "omg i give u seksy tymez now". ok, well, after i ate some cheesecake.

it's gone now =(