PDA

View Full Version : Nirvana

Tomboy Powerhead
01-30-2008, 09:55 AM
I didn't see a thread about them, and they really were a GREAT band. K.D.C. R.I.P. ;(

Sure there are a lot of thing to chat about, exept the random `which is your favourite NIRVANA song` (I can't say I have, I like them all) and `when did you started listening to them` (with which I can brag a lot and, the worse, I do it ;] ). So, let's go.

Jakebert
01-30-2008, 09:56 AM
Who? .

JohnnyNemesis
01-30-2008, 10:06 AM
Nirvana is infinitely better than kids on the Internet are willing to give them credit for. The overhype seems to sour people, which is just too bad considering the fact that Nirvana was absolutely amazing.

If I see KDC followed by RIP one more time though...

Tomboy Powerhead
01-30-2008, 10:11 AM
:?: Sure, he'll always live in our hearts. Btw ya think that KURTney killed him/payed to sum1 2 kill him?

JohnnyNemesis
01-30-2008, 10:16 AM
No no no no no no no no no no no no NO NO NO.

He committed suicide. That's it.

Stranger With Candy
01-30-2008, 10:18 AM
But the shotgun was to long for his arms!!!:eek:

Tomboy Powerhead
01-30-2008, 10:39 AM
I dunno. I also know that he got 3 lethal doses of heroine... which doesn't really give him lotta time of consciousness... Besides the case was closed 3 hours after they found his body as SUICIDE.
Also

...It might get out something good of his death... Yeah, it might...

Said in front of the detective, she hired to find Kurt. Said while he was still missing.

Plus her finger prints on the gun, mainly in the trigger area... pretty strange, ain't it? I don't maintain anything, just curious. And I want to make you see the things clearly.

Besides, even if she's guilty, it's better that way - they have a kid, after all... or actually BEFORE all. We have to think about the living before all... don't we?

Harnum
01-30-2008, 10:45 AM
This it the link (http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=258) to the first of probably countless numbers of threads made about Nirvana. You didn't look too hard.

Anyway, they're a great band. I like them. The paved the way for many other bands that I like. =]

disclaimer_07
01-30-2008, 10:53 AM
I guess the best song I've ever heard from them is "Pen Cap Chew". It's really awesome.

Tomboy Powerhead
01-30-2008, 11:01 AM
This it the link (http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=258) to the first of probably countless numbers of threads made about Nirvana. You didn't look too hard.

Sorry :(

'I think I'm dumb'

coke_a_holic
01-30-2008, 11:46 AM
AND KDC YOU WERE MUCH TOO YOUNG
AND YOU CHANGED MY LIFE, BUT
I DRAW THE LINE AS SUUUUIICIIIDE
HERE'S TO LIIIIIIIIIIIIFE!!!

I don't particularly like Nirvana that much, but I am willing to make the claim that there has yet to be a band as influential to rock music and as absolutely gigantic as Nirvana since Kurt shot himself in the mouth. I mean, name a band since Nirvana that has really affected rock music as a whole since them, because I can't think of one.

Meg
01-30-2008, 01:09 PM
In all honesty, Nirvana are way too over-hyped and over-rated. Doesn't mean that they can't still be a brilliant band.

0r4ng3
01-30-2008, 01:19 PM
I disagree. Kurt Cobain, the person, was overrated. Nirvana, as a band, is not.

Meg
01-30-2008, 01:22 PM
Good point. But a lot of people take Kurt Cobain to be Nirvana. Most people in the world when asked about Nirvana will instantly come out with something in reference to "That dude who comitted suicide" without any thought of the other two members. Hence the over-rating of Kurt Cobain is generally seen as the over-rating etc. of the band

JohnnyNemesis
01-30-2008, 01:25 PM
Which, as you've just explained, is a really stupid thing to do...

Meg
01-30-2008, 01:37 PM
I think so yes... Did I?

I think i'm being wondrously daft today

Homer
01-30-2008, 04:00 PM
I don't particularly like Nirvana that much, but I am willing to make the claim that there has yet to be a band as influential to rock music and as absolutely gigantic as Nirvana since Kurt shot himself in the mouth. I mean, name a band since Nirvana that has really affected rock music as a whole since them, because I can't think of one.

Dude! Iz this (http://www.punknews.org/article/27158) u?

WebDudette
01-30-2008, 04:05 PM
AND KDC YOU WERE MUCH TOO YOUNG
AND YOU CHANGED MY LIFE, BUT
I DRAW THE LINE AS SUUUUIICIIIDE
HERE'S TO LIIIIIIIIIIIIFE!!!

Oh, I hate you, I was going to do that exact thing.

Anyway, I like them in small doses. I can (and do) get bored of them very quickly.

coke_a_holic
01-30-2008, 04:20 PM
Dude! Iz this (http://www.punknews.org/article/27158) u?

haha, that's where I first saw it a few weeks ago and decided that the guy couldn't be right. Then I thought about it a little more this week and decided that he was unfortunately right.

Tomboy Powerhead
01-31-2008, 09:32 AM
I can't get bored, but REALLY damn depressed, so I try not to overdose. Now playing - Polly. It really can make me cut my veins if I listen to the damn song for too long.
I'm not agreed that NIRVANA or Kurt are overestimated. Besides Kurt WAS NIRVANA. I mean there's this Foo Fighters that's completely shit, sorry, but it's not NIRVANA. Also he's the one who wrote the songs, played them (cause even when you play a NIRVANA tab just on the guitar it's still really POWERFUL music, nevertheless that there's no drums and bass) , plus, his voice is amazing, at least to me. And I'm not 'easily amused' :music: . Still the songs (biggest part, let me not say ALL of them) are TOTALLY depresive, so I don't think that NIRVANA is a 'healthy' music ( The Offspring are, cause the biggest part of the songs are lively, sometimes a bit agressive, but it's fun and the sad songs are letting go of the bad feelings [such songs as Amazed, The End Of The Line and Gone Away are reliefing, but not making you even more depressed!] ), 'cause even if you are in perfect mood you can easily get down when you listen to NIRVANA. Because they are powerful. I just respect the band and K.D.C., btw, cause even if he really killed himself ( I can't say he did or did not, cause he was really depressive type of guy... I really dunno.), because the band he created (He was NIRVANA, at least I think so) is (still) one of the most influential bands ever.

Meg
01-31-2008, 12:12 PM
I recommend a padded cell. You have exactly the sorry state of mind that we've just proved to be completely useless and pointless to have.

Nirvana wouldn't have been nirvana without Dave Grohl and Krist Novoselic. Think of Kurt Cobain, the one-man-band-wonder... It doesn't work does it?

Therefore Kurt wasn't nirvana. A highly talented and enthused frontman, maybe, but not the band itself.

Tomboy Powerhead
02-01-2008, 10:09 AM
Nirvana wouldn't have been nirvana without Dave Grohl and Krist Novoselic. Think of Kurt Cobain, the one-man-band-wonder... It doesn't work does it?

I'm not agreed, the early NIRVANA had a lot of drummers but Grohl, and still, the 89's album Bleach IS NIRVANA, ain't it? Besides, without Kurt there's no NIRVANA anymore, not just because he killed himself. The other band members could be anyone and it would still be NIRVANA, but without Kurt we have those Foo Fighters, that suck. You people lack logic, but still you stuck labels so easy - you don't even know me, you aren't also a big NIRVI fan, as I can see, but no, my mind is this, my mind is that, I'm that type of person. And NIRVANA didn't even need Cobain at all, right. I'm agreed, am I not? GODDAMN!

Llamas
02-03-2008, 01:47 PM
I've always thought that Nirvana was just that band that happened to be in the right place at the right time. I don't think any of the members was particularly talented (Dave Grohl being the closest possible, who I think sits just above average), but they got lucky. And because they got lucky, they were able to be heard enough that other musicians found influence in them. I just don't think it was anything they did specifically well or even intentionally that changed rock music... I think it was just a lot of luck.

There are a couple Nirvana songs that I kinda like, but I'm rather meh on them as a whole.

Jakebert
02-03-2008, 01:50 PM
Yeah, Nirvana really didn't change anything. Sure, they took an underground thing into the mainstream, but that was more or less luck than anything else. The whole grunge thing had been going on for years before Nirvana even existed.

JohnnyNemesis
02-03-2008, 02:01 PM
I think that's kinda bullshit for the most part. I used to believe it too, and I still do believe the idea that Nirvana created grunge is ridiculous. But if you can listen to what's happening on Nevermind not only sonically, but musically (there is a difference) and lyrically (overrated, but still extremely good and interesting stuff) and still chalk it up to luck, you must be outside yo' mind. The fame part of the equation can be chalked up to luck for about 90% of popular music including all them grunge acts in the 90s, but in terms of sheer quality, them claims are straight up ricockulousness.

Jakebert
02-03-2008, 02:03 PM
I disagree. Nevermind generally bores the living hell out of me. A fe songs are catchy, but I just don't think there's a whole lot going on there.

JohnnyNemesis
02-03-2008, 02:09 PM
Hm, okay, we disagree. But I've always wanted to ask about this:

Sure, they took an underground thing into the mainstream, but that was more or less luck than anything else

I've heard this from many, many people, and it always confuses me because I don't see how it's relevant, or what it means as far as the quality of the music. People say this often times to knock the band, which is funny because Kurt Cobain himself would agree 100% and one of the many many MANY reasons he was so fucking disturbed in the first place is because of how the mainstream latched on to his music (which explained the major shift in sound when In Utero came out; that album was more "cautiously mainstream" it seemed). I know it was major label stuff, but still.

In any event, I don't see how this relates to the music itself. "I find them boring" makes sense to me even if I don't find it boring, and I guess the quote does too, but I don't see how it relates to the quality of music.

Jakebert
02-03-2008, 02:16 PM
It's not the music that I'm really bashing, the luck thing comes from the fact that I get frustrated with the "THEY CHANGED MUSIC" stuff, when they really didn't. Bringing something into the mainstream isn't changing music, because all it did was take underground music and turn it into mainstream. I'm betting that if Nirvana wouldn't have, another band would have.

Ninty Man
02-03-2008, 07:44 PM
I really DISLIKE them. I don't believe on ANY of the shit Cobain spoke or wrote. I believe he was coward enough to shoot himself, that he was an asshole and a perfect example of human being that should be avoided. Is MY opinion, I will defend it until I die, and no, I don't think Grohl is great

Denial, Revisited
02-04-2008, 01:22 AM
My all time fave Nirvana song is Apologies.... I think it's fantastic ^_^

I also quite like Aneurism, Come as you are and Lithium :)

Tomboy Powerhead
02-04-2008, 05:28 AM
God, I've forgotten how people in the forum spam in topic for things that they don't really like, care or HAVE HEARD OF AT ALL, just to get more posts. MAN, I should've typed FANS ONLY, maybe, or just KISS MY ASS, so there'd be less idiotic posts. DAMN... I was kinda believer that MAYBE there are some NIRVANA fans I can chat with, but no, just people, who can't make even one song, that worths, but they are critics and somehow... always spit on the good bands. It's good to have bad opinion, I guess. It's cool to hate. To spam with destructive posts, instead of doing better song than NIRVANA's. Okay. Fine. DAMN, same old shit everywhere. I start to think that the majority of people suck. Even the majority of the minority... GENOCIDE? Nevermind.

Btw, I'm agreed, All Apologies RULEZ, although I don't have it on my phone, cuz it makes me really sad :) I don't like being sad. :p

Jakebert
02-04-2008, 08:56 AM
"Spamming" and "Disagreeing" are two seperate things. Not to be a dick, but if you can't handle reading opinions that differ from yours, you might not want to spend much time on the internet.

JohnnyNemesis
02-04-2008, 08:59 AM
Seriously. Grow up, Tomboy Powerhead. There is no spamming whatsoever here. If you cannot handle different opinions, do not open yourself up to them in a public forum. You should learn from this, be a critical thinker.

wheelchairman
02-04-2008, 09:04 AM
If you put Nirvana into context, the time and place. What they really did was appeal to an enormous number of teens. That's really the important thing. The fact that they reflected the mood of the time in an honest way.

Take Nirvana out of context and play them today, sure they aren't brilliant. That is not the point though. Music is a progressive entity (in that it is always forward moving and developing.)

What always makes me wonder is, why do we fetishize dead artists? As soon as an artist dies we give them values that turn them into "great persons." Wise people, visionaries, geniuses. I find it an interesting trend but I haven't really put much thought into it.

Jakebert
02-04-2008, 09:14 AM
What always makes me wonder is, why do we fetishize dead artists? As soon as an artist dies we give them values that turn them into "great persons." Wise people, visionaries, geniuses. I find it an interesting trend but I haven't really put much thought into it.

I think it's because once someone dies, there's a large majority of people who feel criticizing that person is not allowed, then that eventually evolves into that person being obsessed over and turned into some kind of mythical figure almost.

Sunny
02-04-2008, 12:17 PM
i think they have quite a few great songs (if somewhat overrated lyrically), and they were definitely very influential... but i just don't understand the cult following they have.

Jakebert
02-04-2008, 06:34 PM
The only Nirvana songs that I really like are "About a Girl" and "Serve the Servents". I will admit that "About a Girl" is incredibly well-written.

mrconeman
02-04-2008, 07:00 PM
They just have a huge appeal to a certain age range of teenagers. You know, the annoying little bastards that we all spent some time being. I think everyone who is interested in music is, was or will be a Nirvana fan at some point, which is obviously a sweeping generalization, but it's definitely the majority I think.

Putting them in whatever context you like, I just don't think they were a very good band, but it's very, very easy to understand how they got so big, without very much musical merit, to use a cliche phrase, music needed a kick in the ass, and they were there to deliver it, and at the time it was the right band, and the right scene to blow up in, plus they just appeal so very well to teenangsters, especially now after everyone knows Kurt killed himself.

But for me, not so much talent to speak of at all, Kurt was a horrible guitar player, but he definitely knew how to string a tune together and sometimes it sounded good, I often find the claims of his lyrics being anything above "good" is a little odd, I never seen what was anything really above average in his lyrics. Though as a whole the band obviously had chemistry, no actual band gets famous without at least that to go on, whatever they did, it worked.

I've always had the feeling that if Kurt hadn't killed himself, the band would have faded away and more or less been forgotten about in the mainstream, like plenty of bands who are huge for a time.

Jakebert
02-04-2008, 07:15 PM
It's well documented that their audience was shrinking pretty quickly. When "In Utero" came out, it debuted at #1 but fell towards the bottom of the chart incredibly quickly, and the size of the audiences at their concerts was shrinking rapidly.

Llamas
02-04-2008, 07:24 PM
They just have a huge appeal to a certain age range of teenagers. You know, the annoying little bastards that we all spent some time being. I think everyone who is interested in music is, was or will be a Nirvana fan at some point, which is obviously a sweeping generalization, but it's definitely the majority I think.

Putting them in whatever context you like, I just don't think they were a very good band, but it's very, very easy to understand how they got so big, without very much musical merit, to use a cliche phrase, music needed a kick in the ass, and they were there to deliver it, and at the time it was the right band, and the right scene to blow up in, plus they just appeal so very well to teenangsters, especially now after everyone knows Kurt killed himself.

But for me, not so much talent to speak of at all, Kurt was a horrible guitar player, but he definitely knew how to string a tune together and sometimes it sounded good, I often find the claims of his lyrics being anything above "good" is a little odd, I never seen what was anything really above average in his lyrics. Though as a whole the band obviously had chemistry, no actual band gets famous without at least that to go on, whatever they did, it worked.

I've always had the feeling that if Kurt hadn't killed himself, the band would have faded away and more or less been forgotten about in the mainstream, like plenty of bands who are huge for a time.

Coneman is my hero. Saying what I so wanted to say, but in better words. <3

I seriously will never understand "Nirvana's lyrics were awesome". They were so meh. Maybe now and then they had decent ones, but for the most part, they were so typical and plain.

And I'd like to add that, not all bands need chemistry to do well. There was Everclear, for instance. But for the most part, bands either need to have chemistry or fake it really well.

Tomboy Powerhead
02-05-2008, 04:58 AM
Still I see just more than 30, unsatisfied, most-probably bald and fat critics with no future, who just criticize. Damn, this thread is for FANS, but not for someone who wants his bad opinion about NIRVANA to be heard. Open an anti-NIRVANA thread, if you want it so much. SPAMERS. I can't understand why are you even reading a fan-thread about a band that you dislike.

Tomboy Powerhead
02-05-2008, 05:01 AM
Seriously. Grow up, Tomboy Powerhead. There is no spamming whatsoever here. If you cannot handle different opinions, do not open yourself up to them in a public forum. You should learn from this, be a critical thinker.

Different opinions in a FAN thread, that was actually made so I can chat with someone with same interest in this band. It is a FUCKIN SPAM.

Sunny
02-05-2008, 06:16 AM
you seem to have a misconception about how this forum - or the internet, for that matter - happens to work. once you post something, it's up for discussion. this is a forum for DISCUSSING bands, which, hate to break it to ya, involves hearing different opinions. throwing a little bitchfit because - oh noes - someone doesn't worship Nirvana to the same creepy extent that you do is completely immature and ridiculous.

as is your entire online persona, i hate to say.

Tomboy Powerhead
02-05-2008, 06:28 AM
When I was moderator of a site there wasn't such idiotic things. Btw the point you made was more for a personal message, and I'd say the same to a large, no HUDGE number of posts here.

Jakebert
02-05-2008, 06:30 AM
Tomboy, other people have opinions besides you. We're not being insulting, rude, or mean about it. Especially for this section of the board where conversations and arguments get incredibly aggressive, this is tame and civil. There have been no personal attacks against people for simply having an opinion, and everyone is generally explaining their points calmly and rationally. That is not spam.

You can talk about how much you like Nirvana all you want. We're not stopping you. But by that same logic, I can talk about how I dislike Nirvana all I want.

nieh
02-05-2008, 06:58 AM
If you only wanted other obsessive Nirvana fans to reply to this, maybe you should've tried the Nirvana forums?

Sunny
02-05-2008, 08:01 AM
When I was moderator of a site there wasn't such idiotic things. Btw the point you made was more for a personal message, and I'd say the same to a large, no HUDGE number of posts here.

yeah, well, the key thing is - you are not the moderator here.

and don't even start with the "personal message" shit, as two posts ago you said something about all of us being "fat, balding and 30 years old".

JohnnyNemesis
02-05-2008, 09:10 AM
Yup, so let's get back on topic. If you do not want a discussion, do not post a thread in the first place, Tomboy Powerhead. Or, if you don't want dissenting opinions, try a different website altogether. As long as everyone remains respectful, I see no problem here.

Forza
02-05-2008, 09:12 AM
Nirvana is one of those bands you really like when you are 14, but never listen anymore as you get older. The only album I still enjoy is the MTV Unplugged album, mainly because it's acoustic and also because of the covers featured. Nevermind has some good songs ('Smells Like Teen Spirit', 'Lithium', 'Lounge Act'), but I find it difficult to get the same feeling I had listening the album as when I was younger. And actually I'm glad of that: else it would mean I have not evolved musically.

Meg
02-05-2008, 09:15 AM
What makes me laugh is that Tomboy seems to define a Nirvana fan as someone who would kiss Cobain's decomposing mouldy fucking ass.

What a fucking idiot.

Rant over.

mrconeman
02-05-2008, 09:22 AM
Nirvana is one of those bands you really like when you are 14, but never listen anymore as you get older. The only album I still enjoy is the MTV Unplugged album, mainly because it's acoustic and also because of the covers featured. Nevermind has some good songs ('Smells Like Teen Spirit', 'Lithium', 'Lounge Act'), but I find it difficult to get the same feeling I had listening the album as when I was younger. And actually I'm glad of that: else it would mean I have not evolved musically.

I'm of the same opinion, I've mentioned before the only album of theirs I can still listen to is unplugged, it's a really very good performance, I must say.

Meg
02-05-2008, 09:27 AM
I've only got In Utero unfortunately, but I listen to it quite often so.... meh.

nieh
02-05-2008, 09:33 AM
Breed = awesome. Thread over.

JohnnyNemesis
02-05-2008, 09:42 AM
Breed

Unbelievably fucking good. *plants house, builds tree*

jacknife737
02-05-2008, 11:01 AM
Well, looks as if I’m in the minority here, but i really still enjoy listening to them. Then again i'm not one of those "Nirvana are the best band evvvaarrr!" rabid fanboys who throw a hissy fit every time someone says something critical about a band I happen listen to. Nevermind is still one of my favorite albums, I even like the lyrics.

And I really agree with this

If you put Nirvana into context, the time and place. What they really did was appeal to an enormous number of teens. That's really the important thing. The fact that they reflected the mood of the time in an honest way.

ruroken
02-05-2008, 02:13 PM
Bleach sucks. It's really stupid.
Nevermind used to be really awesome, but now it's only great every now and then. I can't really relate to it much anymore.
In Utero is fucking amazing. You can practically feel what he was when he wrote it. It's a soothing listen when I feel like shit.
Cobain is a worthless dumbass and a sloppy guitarist.

Ninty Man
02-06-2008, 10:19 AM
Bleach sucks. It's really stupid.
Nevermind used to be really awesome, but now it's only great every now and then. I can't really relate to it much anymore.
In Utero is fucking amazing. You can practically feel what he was when he wrote it. It's a soothing listen when I feel like shit.
Cobain is a worthless dumbass and a sloppy guitarist.

Do you hate or love Nirvana??? ( We must admit that Cobain=Nirvana)

ruroken
02-06-2008, 01:25 PM
Obviously, I have mixed feelings about them.

Harnum
02-06-2008, 04:12 PM
Still I see just more than 30, unsatisfied, most-probably bald and fat critics with no future, who just criticize. Damn, this thread is for FANS, but not for someone who wants his bad opinion about NIRVANA to be heard. Open an anti-NIRVANA thread, if you want it so much. SPAMERS. I can't understand why are you even reading a fan-thread about a band that you dislike.
If this thread was titled, "Nirvana Fans come and talk about how great Nirvana was", then I might see your logic a little bit clearer. What you're saying right now makes no sense. The thread is titled "Nirvana". Clearly just Nirvana. Therefore it is open to any type of discussion that either praises the band, or says how much they sucked. Speaking your mind about something and giving your opinion does not count as spam at all. Get your definitions straightened out because nobody here did anything wrong. Just stop it, Tomboy...

/end of discussion

Ninty Man
02-06-2008, 07:13 PM
If this thread was titled, "Nirvana Fans come and talk about how great Nirvana was", then I might see your logic a little bit clearer. What you're saying right now makes no sense. The thread is titled "Nirvana". Clearly just Nirvana. Therefore it is open to any type of discussion that either praises the band, or says how much they sucked. Speaking your mind about something and giving your opinion does not count as spam at all. Get your definitions straightened out because nobody here did anything wrong. Just stop it, Tomboy...

/end of discussion

I wanna read more complain of him

SaiKYoU
02-07-2008, 06:24 AM
pearl jam pwns nirvana...

i just wanted to say that...

wheelchairman
02-08-2008, 07:34 AM
If you can't keep a hold of your temper Tomboy, I will recommend that you get a warning.

Tomboy Powerhead
02-08-2008, 07:46 AM
what more can I say? Listen to Americana, and then tell me if we can't swear in The Offspring forum, despite I didn't do it in my prev. post ( i mean sth really gross, not the just the usuall f.a.q... )

T-6005
02-08-2008, 07:58 AM
Nirvana's never sounded like anything more than a mediocre band with a few decent songs to me.

My least favorite band members are the fans, though. Seriously, they act like they're defending their livelihood when anyone says anything even slightly tending towards a neutral or negative viewpoint.

As for dead musicians, give me Jim Morrison over Kurt cobain any day.

wheelchairman
02-08-2008, 08:02 AM
what more can I say? Listen to Americana, and then tell me if we can't swear in The Offspring forum, despite I didn't do it in my prev. post ( i mean sth really gross, not the just the usuall f.a.q... )

It's not the swearing. It's the unprovoked attacks at people with different opinions. This is a discussion forum. If you want to fly off the handle and freak out at people, go to LiveJournal.

JohnnyNemesis
02-08-2008, 08:50 AM
If this doesn't get and STAY on topic soon, it'll be locked...'cause this aint cool.

Tomboy Powerhead, please stop attacking people because it's ridiculous.

Others, please take the high road and don't provoke her any further.

Ninty Man
02-08-2008, 10:58 PM
If this doesn't get and STAY on topic soon, it'll be locked...'cause this aint cool.

Tomboy Powerhead, please stop attacking people because it's ridiculous.

Others, please take the high road and don't provoke her any further.

Is she??? Damn...

Well... the only song I can stand is breed

iPunk247
02-09-2008, 06:44 PM
Nirvana great band indeed.

Smash punker
02-18-2008, 05:12 AM
Smells like....Thatīs classic:D

German Andres
02-20-2008, 05:21 PM
My least favorite band members are the fans, though. Seriously, they act like they're defending their livelihood when anyone says anything even slightly tending towards a neutral or negative viewpoint.

I understand you. I`m a Nirvana fan, but I can`t stand the people that you mention, they are so mind-closed. I don`t complain when somebody tells me that they don`t like Nirvana, what can i do? It`s a matter of tastes, that`s all. Nirvana was great band, but they didn`t do anything new. Grunge movement started a long time ago, Nirvana didn`t invent the gunpowder, they just pulled the trigger (Kurt really...). Kurt was a good guitarist/frontman, but he was overrated.